Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop working on "next gen" and get on with Deimos Arcana on consoles

(XBOX)KayAitch

Nobody has a PS5, nobody has an X Box X1 Series X|S-Model X One (or whatever the stupid thing is called, because Microsoft's brand marketing is awful). Well, a couple of people have, but not enough to make it worth all the dev time. We want Warframe to keep up with the next gen, but it just isn't priority right now.

Meanwhile, not a peep on the console release of Deimos Arcana, or indeed anything since Nezha Prime Access. Sure, several mentions in home time that updates are soon, but nothing more than "it's coming". Then again, the Queenpins were coming soon too.

We want the new content. Not a slightly improved old version on consoles hardly anyone can even buy. Don't get me wrong, we do want 60fps 4k next gen eventually, but nobody is expecting that right now.

Please, DE, your developers time (and your money) would be better spent keeping the vast majority of players on console up to date.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Well, a couple of people have, but not enough to make it worth all the dev time.

You got proof to back that up?

You also do realize that DE has different departments that work in different things at once right? 

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Please, DE, your developers time (and your money) would be better spent keeping the vast majority of players on console up to date.

Again, what proof do you have of this?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Are you insane? The loading times are enough reason to keep working on next gen, it is the only thing that makes leave the game for months

Which would you rather have:

1) Faster loading times if and only if you have a PS5/X Box X1 Series X|S-Model X One, but no Deimos Arcana/Lavos in 2020

2) Deimos Arcana before Christmas and PS5 optimisation in Jan 2021?

I'm not saying don't work on next gen, I'm saying it's pointless when you're this far behind PC.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:
23 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Well, a couple of people have, but not enough to make it worth all the dev time.

You got proof to back that up?

Sony/Microsoft are extremely cagey on actual sales figures, so accurate quantative data is unavailable for arguing either case. There's no empirical proof either that the next gen is a smash hit or an abject failure, and choosing when and what to invest in it is a faith shot either way.

However, anecdotal evidence, while selective and qualitative, and my own personal experience, suggests that the only way to get a PS5 or XSX before Christmas (if you don't already have one, and I don't know or follow anyone who has one, with Jim Sterling the only exception) is to pay around £1500 on eBay and pray that they're just scalping the price and not just a scam.

I wouldn't bet my own money on that now. I have no doubt next gen is the long term bet, but if I wanted to push/crunch a Dev team to deliver 1 thing before Christmas to maximise revenue it wouldn't be a dedicated patch for the consoles nobody has, it would be the content we already have for the consoles already out there.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:
31 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Again, what proof do you have of this?

What makes you think any of this is about "proof"? There's no proof either way (at least none Sony or Microsoft would ever let be public). This is about investment and risk: bet on next gen being a big hit before Christmas 2020 or bet on current gen being a larger market.

3 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

And I'd like DE stop working on everything that isn't Command Intrinsic. It has been almost a year now (update 27 released on PC on December 13th 2019) and still waiting.

Oh, that's dead. DE don't have a good track record on going back to things. I'd also like them to give me something to do with the 5million+ I have extra in every focus school. Command Intrinsics are never happening :(

That's why I'm nagging about console releases now. If DE let releases slide and we don't kick off about it they might end up in the never-do pile. I don't want Warframe on console to end up like the now years out of date China edition.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

or just let them work on whatever they are working on.
Do you have stock on DE or something ?

No, but I am emotionally invested in this game I've been playing for oh-god-really hours over 4-5 years.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

that's not for one player to decide

No, obviously, hence the missive. I wouldn't have to come on here and as nicely if I could just tell DE what to work on would I?

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

They have the real numbers and data on their side unlike you, they know what would bring the most benefit for themselves.

They don't. Nobody does. Sony know PS5 sales, Microsoft know Xbox One Series X Model S sales, they don't share with each other or anyone else. Even looking at the PS4 vs X1 launches from years ago we don't know the real numbers.

Both Sony and Microsoft are spending a ton of money on marketing hype. Neither console can be bought in any mainstream outlets and both sold out before launch. We don't now how many they sold, or shipped, and DE don't know either.

But here's a question DE might know. How many console Warframe streamers are now on PS5/Series Xbox Model One S? Oh wait, it's none of them because the streams everyone wants to see are new content and the new content isn't even on the 4k PS5 version.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:
47 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I'm not saying don't work on next gen, I'm saying it's pointless when you're this far behind PC.

How far behind PC is Xbox?  Arcana update only happened 2 weeks ago.

And if it hasn't been announced yet then it's at least a week away on console. If they announce it next week we'll get it the week after, and if it doesn't already include Lavos then we won't be getting the new frame at all, as they definitely won't get anything else in except hotfixes before Christmas.

If consoles are getting Lavos this year then I wouldn't expect them get an update until just before Christmas and for it to be simultaneous with PC getting Lavos, which might happen now that I think about it as then the event that soft launches Necramechs in regular tilesets can be run over Christmas/New Year for all.  If Arcana ships earlier than that then I wouldn't expect Lavos, or the event, until after New Year.

Something DE likely know is how many people downloaded the PS5 version of the game and how many people downloaded the Xbox version to a new device on release day.  Also, a new machine with a newly optimised game is an opportunity to gain fresh players who likely spend more than established players.  I know I spent more early on than I have this year anyway.

20 minutes ago, Katinka said:

event that soft launches Necramechs in regular tilesets can be run over Christmas/New Year for all

That would be cool, but they've already said in Home Time that will be PC only.

22 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Something DE likely know is how many people downloaded the PS5 version of the game and how many people downloaded the Xbox version to a new device on release day.  Also, a new machine with a newly optimised game is an opportunity to gain fresh players who likely spend more than established players. 

Yes, but a significant number of consoles bought will be Christmas presents, and will there be another wave before Christmas.

I want 4K/60FPS/no loading times, definitely, but if I had the choice between getting new content or getting 4K I'd choose the former.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

We want the new content.

I don't remember there being anything worth getting antsy over in this update. The glaive changes are good, but glaives have been trash so long, you may as well wait some more.

Otherwise? Arcanes are 0/10, Bonewidow 2/10 (and solely for design), nobody cares about the Kitguns, most of the weapons are not very good, and you can already do the same bounties.

11 hours ago, Stormhawkaro said:

Move onto the next gen or get lost behind just like not so recently happened to PC players with old computers.

c4a.gif

I think you're missing my point - I probably will get a next gen console, and I'm sure Warframe will be one of the things that I play on it, but even the PS4 4K version is on the Nezha release from the start of November.

If you really don't want waiting. Get a PC. 

Also do you want your console experience to be a buggy mess like PC on launch day? The new Arcana bounties on PC is still a buggy mess and a slog fest. Sealing fissures currently tends to not progressing on the last fissure halting bounty progress. You can't have both things.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Apoleon_amarr:

Are you insane? The loading times are enough reason to keep working on next gen, it is the only thing that makes leave the game for months

and content is very buggy and a lot doesn't work. also who wants to play 60-90 mins runs with host migration?
deimos is currently a big beta test for me.

Archived