Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime vs Nezha for steel path solo.

TheRage1

Never seem to find a group on steel path so solo it is.

Having finally got Archgun Launcher been trying the Launcher, Charge, Iron Skin Rhino.  Must say it's a tad fiddly with energy efficiency on top.

Now my Nezha Prime reaches over 40k armor pretty easily, will scale higher with more enemies, has Helminth Roar on it for added damage and is easy and energy efficient to use.

So, is it worth it to invest 200 Plat and tons of Forma's on Rhino Prime or is Nezha Prime basically a faster Rhino in Steel Path?

Thank you

P.s also been looking at the Rhino Prime Magus Anomaly, Zakti Prime finisher 1 mill armor build.  Worth it? 

Play whatever you are most comfortable with. Pretty much any frame can solo SP. I cleared most of SP star chart with Wisp and used Ash and Khora for specific mission types. 

If you're dead set on Nezha or Rhino I'd take Nezha just because I think his kit is more interesting and versatile than Rhino.

6 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Play whatever you are most comfortable with.

I also have Wisp, Octavia, Meza P, Nova P and a few more.  So just go with whatever suites the mission with builds just set for SP?

9 minutes ago, Soullessxv said:

I beat everything with wukong/kora using prob cernos and kronen prime.

Don't have Kronen Prime but do have Nikana, Guandao, Redeemer, Reaper, Orthos so pretty much covered there I hope?    

Seems both of you have mentioned Khora who looks like she has some serious damage and CC with Whip CLaw and Esnare.  I've been doing ESO a bit lately with Saryn so might put my time into this. 

Thanks guys for the info, saved me a bunch of plats and time. 

Had an easy time switching back and forth between Grendel, Banshee, and Ivara.

Ironically, Grendel is far better in harder missions than in non-SP.  Rage (or Hunter Adrenaline), high armor, good CC, armor stripping, and grouping.  Got good defense results with him.

Banshee great in teams or solo, but not kosher with Corpus. Can be instrumental in Disruptions, if you know your mechanics.

Ivara, self explanatory.

Most frames can solo steel path, with some minor survivability (which nezha has sufficient of thanks to 2 and 3) or CC (this too nezha has as 1 and 4) ,

plus you get the added advantage of being able to use some "on damage" arcanes unlike rhino.

its more about whether you have good enough weapons to bulldoze the enemies than the frame itself.

Melee with CO + status priming primary / secondary will get you through most of it.

You can use literally anything(recently there is even an way to go with inaros vs lv9999) when modded right.
My suggestion is to look some of the videos of KnightmareFrame for guides for modding the frames.
Personally I go with any frame that has some kind of cc and rolling guard.
If you struggle with survivability that much there is one better choice then either rhino or nezha - that is Revenant. He is one of the frames when you equip if you really really don't want to die ever and have an amazing cc.
He needs some forma to be modded right and some attention to play, but he is way more reliable then rhino or nezha if you want to go the "tanky" way and not the cc/damage way that I enjoy.

If you really want to go between those two, I would pick nezha tbh.One of my umbra forma went to him, I personally love his playstyle.
Also:

This is an odd discussion, each frame brings something to the table. No point using 1 frame for all missions. By the time you do steal path you should have almost all the frames however DE just love adding in more content for lower MR players and that just confuses the hell out of most since they tend to still be only using 1 or 2 frames. You could use any frame since op weapons just kill everything however I think i used;

Mesa/Saryn for missions that need you to kill a lot. 

Limbo/slow nova for mobile defense.

Khora/Nekros for survival.

Vauban/Khora for interception.

Rhino for captures. 

Loki for spy/rescue.

u can use baruuk his ultimate+augment with right build can make SP mission that require kill are easier (mobdef,def,exter etc)

when on mission that require cc u can use frame like nova nyx vauban u name it.

some specific misison are harder than normal mission specailly some boss like Ropallolyst and zeloid prelate... u will need to optimize some build to complete them but it still doable even on solo.

most of SP mission just like normal misison except some addition like have cooldown on gear item...enemy are tank and always spawn with maximum spawnrate...

Good luck on hunting steelpath.

It depends what you planned on for SP, if you are going to grind endless later on or just run through each node once.

If you are to just complete it you dont need anything specific, if you are to run endless you want something comfortable.

I pretty much used Frost Prime to clear 90% of the nodes, swapped in Revenant for Prelate, Ruk and Krill, Titania for Lephantis and Ash for most other bosses. If you dont use Naramon school Ash is a good option for disruption too. The only boss I struggled with was Ropalolyst since I havent given a real care for my operator.

Then for endless I just run Grendel or Inaros now that the acolytes are there. It doesnt matter which acolyte pops, if it is one that tends to 1HK weaker frames, lock out skills or whatever, those two frames just dont worry, nor do they need energy incase you run alot of infested. The exception is in defense where I run Protea. Weapon setup for all is Chakkhur, Kuva Nukor and Silva & Aegis Prime with a Panzer for health sustain.

I solo SP with eternal war valkyr prime and reaper prime. Everything dies in 1-2 hits. I've discovered that offense is a far superior strategy than defense. If you can kill everything in 1 hit, they cant ever hurt you.

For defense type missions where the objective can be destroyed, I use minimum range limbo. 

Im still stuck on some boss fights though. They got scaled way too much. 

The alerts are a welcome addition though because you're always guaranteed a group. Which is why I still can't figure out why they removed alerts....alerts were the games best and most efficient way of bringing players together. 

My attempts to tank steel path failed because nothing would die fast enough. Dps > defenses imho.

If you have the resources, don't limit yourself to one frame. They are all way too much fun to be let out :)
If you only have the resources for one, I would pick Nezha Prime, one of my absolute favorites. 1+4 is CC with a big, big radius, the 2 gives you percentage dmg (225% with 225 strength) and his 3 makes you basically immortal (3 sec invul when you press it, 1 sec if it ends).

Apart from this, the teleport is a lot of fun, he is fast and for all the above reasons even worthy for an umbra imho (even though you can get away without it).

On 2021-01-28 at 5:00 AM, SneakyErvin said:

It depends what you planned on for SP, if you are going to grind endless later on or just run through each node once.

If you are to just complete it you dont need anything specific, if you are to run endless you want something comfortable.

I pretty much used Frost Prime to clear 90% of the nodes, swapped in Revenant for Prelate, Ruk and Krill, Titania for Lephantis and Ash for most other bosses. If you dont use Naramon school Ash is a good option for disruption too. The only boss I struggled with was Ropalolyst since I havent given a real care for my operator.

Then for endless I just run Grendel or Inaros now that the acolytes are there. It doesnt matter which acolyte pops, if it is one that tends to 1HK weaker frames, lock out skills or whatever, those two frames just dont worry, nor do they need energy incase you run alot of infested. The exception is in defense where I run Protea. Weapon setup for all is Chakkhur, Kuva Nukor and Silva & Aegis Prime with a Panzer for health sustain.

Props to you for using good ice boi for this. Curious, how did he work for survival for you?

14 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Props to you for using good ice boi for this. Curious, how did he work for survival for you?

He's good for survival, especially versus grineer thanks to avalanche's armor strip potential. Just have to watch it with the acolytes since he doesnt have massive health to rely on, so if you face the wrong one then the slash procs will hurt you massively. I used him to farm grineer survival for a while before I jumped the Khora-waggon, and it was efficient even then when kill rate was the #1 thing for success. He gets even better if you replace Ice Wave with Roar or Breach Surge.

Thanks everyone.  A lot of helpful info.  I pretty much have all the listed builds you've suggested.

Defo love my Nekros P for Survival with Shadow Augment.

Nova P with Molecular fission for Evacs.

I have Mesa and Saryn P, Mesa with Arcane Velocity, Saryn with Regenerative Molt.

Working on Khora now, RNG is a baitch.... 

Have Limbo for Spy.

Have Rhino with his zillion steps for Iron skin but will use Nezha P instead for Captures.

Guess Youtube does not help with its ENDGAME must have build bla bla bla.  

21 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

He's good for survival, especially versus grineer thanks to avalanche's armor strip potential. Just have to watch it with the acolytes since he doesnt have massive health to rely on, so if you face the wrong one then the slash procs will hurt you massively. I used him to farm grineer survival for a while before I jumped the Khora-waggon, and it was efficient even then when kill rate was the #1 thing for success. He gets even better if you replace Ice Wave with Roar or Breach Surge.

That makes sense. Do you use 250% strength for full strip? Also, does he become squishy in Steel Path despite having relatively high armor, making it not a good idea to lean into him as a tank but rather as a caster?

2 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

That makes sense. Do you use 250% strength for full strip? Also, does he become squishy in Steel Path despite having relatively high armor, making it not a good idea to lean into him as a tank but rather as a caster?

Cant remember my exact strength, it is a bit below the 100% strip, think my Frost strips like 87% now or something. Used to have a 100% strip build, but with the changes to enemy scaling it felt pointless, so invested in some more range on him instead. He only feels squishy versus the acolytes at times, the normal mobs dont pose much threat too him. I run full umbra mods on him with 175% efficiency aswell, then neutral duration and stretch for extra range, with adaptation as my extra suvival mod, then the rest is dumped into strength. So he's built around constantly casting and CCing/debuffing. I'd say if you want more consistancy versus acolytes, swapping in Roar would be the best option, since none of his skills has any effect on acolytes otherwise. Fire Blast is another option to improve acolyte killing, even though you already have an armor strip + CC skill for everything else.

Rhino builds are some of the most versatile. He has excellent damage boost, fantastic CC range+slow, and is vary fast with his one and sprint speed. I personally have a set up for power/armor ,speed and range/duration. Also a build with 100k+ iron skin.  And don’t forget the helminth options to boost rhino even more. I’d pick Rhino of Slippy slide boi anytime. 

Archived