Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Dark Theme

(XBOX)EndgameOnyx

Question

17 answers to this question

I've been running in dark theme mode for a long time now, I have multiple monitors and have the forums open on a second computer while I'm playing, room is darker so a white forum theme is not good on the eyes at night.

Those that type/paste in black text makes it really annoying to read unless you highlight their text. sort of like this text. lol

If you're using dark mode for your eyes, try reducing the blue light to 50% at your monitor's RGB settings, even 30% (later on to get used to it 1st) if you're fine with it. It's much easier on the eyes with less blue light IME

oh and don't do this if you're using more light themed applications or styles because it messes up the visibility on white backgrounds a lot

6 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

That counts as formatted text afaik, that's why the "paste as plain text" pops up every time you paste something in this box. If the formatting isn't that important for the post, I always put the blame on the poster. Why not click on the popup message? Just why?

Its still something that i have only really encountered on this particular forum. And for people using the light theme they don't realize it cuz it's white highlighted on white background.

Like for example in this case the difference is completely negilible

I downvoted your post
I just downvoted your post.

FAQ
What does this mean?
The amount of karma (points) on your post and Reddit account has decreased by one.

Why did you do this?
There are several reasons I may deem a post to be unworthy of positive or neutral karma. These include, but are not limited to:

Rudeness towards other Redditors,

Spreading incorrect information,

Am I banned from the Reddit?
No - not yet. But you should refrain from making posts like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to issue an additional downvote, which may put your commenting and posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don't believe my post deserved a downvote. Can you un-downvote it?
Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a downvote. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to Reddit PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 99.9% of downvote appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?
Accept the downvote and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on Reddit.com. I will continue to issue downvotes until you improve your conduct. Remember: Reddit is privilege, not a right.

VS

I downvoted your post

I just downvoted your post.

FAQ
What does this mean?

The amount of karma (points) on your post and Reddit account has decreased by one.

Why did you do this?

There are several reasons I may deem a post to be unworthy of positive or neutral karma. These include, but are not limited to:

• Rudeness towards other Redditors,

• Spreading incorrect information,

Am I banned from the Reddit?

No - not yet. But you should refrain from making posts like this in the future. Otherwise I will be forced to issue an additional downvote, which may put your commenting and posting privileges in jeopardy.

I don't believe my post deserved a downvote. Can you un-downvote it?

Sure, mistakes happen. But only in exceedingly rare circumstances will I undo a downvote. If you would like to issue an appeal, shoot me a private message explaining what I got wrong. I tend to respond to Reddit PMs within several minutes. Do note, however, that over 99.9% of downvote appeals are rejected, and yours is likely no exception.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Accept the downvote and move on. But learn from this mistake: your behavior will not be tolerated on Reddit.com. I will continue to issue downvotes until you improve your conduct. Remember: Reddit is privilege, not a right.

1 hour ago, smashedwookie said:

Now if only the forum wouldn't highlight text copied and pasted in white when done from the light theme our eyes would al be pleased.

That counts as formatted text afaik, that's why the "paste as plain text" pops up every time you paste something in this box. If the formatting isn't that important for the post, I always put the blame on the poster. Why not click on the popup message? Just why?

Archived