Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honesty time...

Flameend11

1 minute ago, Psianide73 said:

the dude your opinion GIF

200.gif

you couldn't give the flamingo so hard that you had to look for and post not just one but two gifs. Gotcha.

But lets look at the "super objective and reliable data source" that is wikipedia. First line:

Warframe is a free-to-play action role-playing third-person shooter multiplayer online game developed and published by Digital Extremes. 

I win this internet argument sir!

31 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

No hun, you have the railjack you wanted.

I never wanted this abortion of a "fly to do a defence mission". I wanted the existing railjack expanded with new game modes.

Or was that a "royal we"?

Edit: then again on further thought, you're right. This IS the railjack most of the community wanted. Given that the vast vast majority of the players don't play and will not play railjack... what most people want from RJ is something that will be forgotten in a month and never touched again. 

The less dev time is wasted on this the better for everyone.

"No hun" very rich start to my comment I know.

The Rj we have is just not very different from the demo.

The only thing we don't have is Squad Link which is good. Because it was an unreliable mess.

Everything else is literally almost the same. And is better more streamlined and easier to get into.

So sorry "hun" but Railjack is still in a pretty good position or at the very least in much better position than it was originally.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Alucard291:

Ouch xD

Also that was a lie! I, like every other meta scrub, use the kuva nukor when I can be bothered xD

Well... who wants to lose parcour speed and possible kills while farming? I can't hit everything in the way with my Operator alone... but I try hard to be better... 😁

2 hours ago, cliffghost said:

Well... who wants to lose parcour speed and possible kills while farming? I can't hit everything in the way with my Operator alone... but I try hard to be better... 😁

I have some legit respect for you at least TRYING to be better. I, as you aptly pointed out, have given up trying. (Having said that I'm fairly sure most of my mission quits/fails hail from the time when WF was way way harder. I have actually paused to think about it and I don't honestly remember when I outright quit last time)

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

"No hun" very rich start to my comment I know.

The Rj we have is just not very different from the demo.

The only thing we don't have is Squad Link which is good. Because it was an unreliable mess.

Everything else is literally almost the same. And is better more streamlined and easier to get into.

So sorry "hun" but Railjack is still in a pretty good position or at the very least in much better position than it was originally.

Awww babes don't need to be so hurt <3

Let me put it this way. I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd be betting quite heavily that we a) will not see any further changes to RJ for the next couple of years (if ever) once they fix some of the most obvious bugs and b) there will be next to no people playing RJ in a couple of months. 

This patch was basically made to make sure that the playerbase doesn't give a damn about this mode anymore. So that you know, they don't have to ever expend any resources on this ever again.

Oh and squad link was an unreliable mess for like one week of a month long event. After that it was fine so you can stop repeating that nonsense already.

21 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

Ask 20 players of what ever game they are playing and you'll get 20 different answers.  Don't expect any form of real consensus from ANY gaming community.

Heck, you've got folk in Animal Crossing...  a freaking game on Nintendo Switch geared for all ages that are trying to block people of certain ethnicity from using certain hair styles.

This sort of non consensus is NORMAL.   Welcome to having free will and choice.

My 2 cents:

1. This thread is meta-complaining, which rarely if ever goes well.
  2. The Warframe community if not a hive mind. If you look at a very large group of people who don't know each other and expect them to all have the exact same thoughts and opinions, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

4 hours ago, Alucard291 said:

Awww babes don't need to be so hurt <3

Let me put it this way. I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd be betting quite heavily that we a) will not see any further changes to RJ for the next couple of years (if ever) once they fix some of the most obvious bugs and b) there will be next to no people playing RJ in a couple of months. 

Note also that DE doesn’t do “reversible” when it comes to changes like this. This is not roll-back territory, so this is what Railjack is for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Note also that DE doesn’t do “reversible” when it comes to changes like this. This is not roll-back territory, so this is what Railjack is for the foreseeable future. 

Yep, my guess is that this is basically the last time we'll see any significant change to the formula. Hell I'll be surprised if they'll even bother returning to it to fix bugs (after the first few passes).

On 2021-03-22 at 12:15 PM, Flameend11 said:

I though i would never say this, but here I am...

I'm sick of warframe comunity...

Don't get me wrong many of you guys are awsome people, with big range of creativity and are simply awsome... But just...

*sigh*

There is big problem with our comunity, that i dismissed for to long, the cause of my opinion of DE loosing contact with us.

We don't know what we want.

The newest updeat is biggest example. I love how it turned out. I hadn't so much blast in the game with my pals since the original Railjack relese, and i think this updeat is great...

But then... I go to the discord.

On one discord server i hear that new railjack succ becose it feels more like taxi from normal mission to normal mission... Then on the other discord i hear that rhis updeat succ becose it is not connected enough with the rest of the game, and should be more integrated as transportation, even to go so far to delete whole upgreat mechanic.

Do you already see the problem?

Other example: Sanctuary onslaught, Some say they should integrate more variety in the tiles we play in, and expand it, some says DE Should delete this mode compleatly.

Nightwave: Anything from regain 1 season mechanics, being small chunks of the non interactive story, some says it should be like newest one...

I have one question to comunity:

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

And don't say to me with empty words like endgame. Endgame propositions have been added and then droped by comunity, becose" It was not endgame, just another farm island"

When DE implements conective tishue, we get reaction like:" They are doing it as poor taxi excuse"

As Game dev and modder myself i want you all to think about this: What do you want from warframe to become? What you want added, that you honestly think is needed.

It is strange to me, for over two years I've been on warframe sub redits. I was acive person... But today i left... All of them.

Why? Becose we as comunity, Succ. everyone on their own is fine, but we have no purpose, no aim... We are just lost, with something good in our hands and don't know what to do with it...

I had this feelings and thoughs ever since new updeat droped, and just wanted to share them with you. I hope that I'm wrong, and we can say to DE what should they do, becose behind curtains we are as devided as we were once, all those five years ago, one...

I want what was showcased at TennoCon 2019. Everything there was streamlined, flowed well together, had the Lich fight, had SquadLink, had two teams working together, and didn't have a regular mission tacked on to it. I agree we have different wants, and different ideas as to what will make this game better. At the same time, I want what DE showcased. That's all. Not regular missions shoehorned into Railjack.

Sigh. I also want to fight Ballas already...Sigh.

10 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I want what was showcased at TennoCon 2019. Everything there was streamlined, flowed well together, had the Lich fight, had SquadLink, had two teams working together, and didn't have a regular mission tacked on to it.

The cake is a lie. Many comments from players have suggested that what DE was showing at the 2019 (and previous) TennoCons was a con was dishonest advertising.

EDIT: At least the Devs are focusing on "ship what they show" in their work.

10 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Sigh. I also want to fight Ballas already...Sigh.

Agreed. Let's grant him his "perfect death".

On 2021-03-22 at 1:00 PM, LSG501 said:

To be honest, and imo, part of the reason we have so many 'disconnects' within the community is down to DE.  They've tried to shoehorn so many different things into the game and a lot of the decision makers don't actually seem to play the game outside of the sandboxed testing environment they usually play it in so it often ends up being bitty or content islands.   If the people 'building' the game don't have an overall view of the game in the same way as the players do, especially the long term ones, then there's always going to be issues with the direction the game is going which then ends up with reworks like we've just had on railjack....

It would also help if they actually took notice of the key feedback points (most of the issues were raised before the release) when putting up development posts about the rework etc.  Now I don't expect them to deal with everything but when you have a consensus within the majority of players then you should take notice....what's the point in a workshop post if you're not going to take any notice....

DE has a Test Cluster they sporadically utilize and, when they last did, they ignored the feedback. Sigh.

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

The cake is a lie. Many comments from players have suggested that what DE was showing at the 2019 (and previous) TennoCons was a con was dishonest advertising.

5 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Of course they will. Its easy upvotes for Forum Validation. Try it. Just talk S#&amp;&#036; about the devs in passive-agressive manners in ways that doesnt infringe the Code of Conduit of Dev Bashing and regardless of it being truth or not, you will get upvotes. Its the same , but less agressive, strategy to get views on Youtube.

5 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I want what was showcased at TennoCon 2019. Everything there was streamlined, flowed well together, had the Lich fight, had SquadLink, had two teams working together, and didn't have a regular mission tacked on to it. I agree we have different wants, and different ideas as to what will make this game better. At the same time, I want what DE showcased. That's all. Not regular missions shoehorned into Railjack.

Bear in mind, that was literally done by professionals who'd rehearsed that exact thing a hundred times, and it still had a setpiece where several of them loaded into what is effectively a regular mission (assassination), walked through a whole tileset, and then jumped back out because they had to do a thing in RJ. It also didn't have Railjack objectives - the actual goal of the mission was on-foot, with the Railjack usually serving as support at most, and usually not even that.

Not to mention that, during the whole squad link section, the railjack group were effectively waiting around doing nothing - we get a fun setpiece where the scene changes and we see two battles simultaneously. But as Scarlet Spear highlighted, when we're in an actual mission, what it winds up looking like is sitting in a mission waiting for something to happen. For Fish Team, they get told to do a mobile defence mission in the middle of their fishing trip. Whilst Steve says that 'there's a way to do this mission, but it's much harder', I don't think it's much more appealing to be told 'wait for an indeterminate amount of time and hope that somebody does a thing so you can play without being nerfed'. Alternatively, the difference is so minor that Squad Link becomes a marginal feature that is only used for grinding.

9 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Agreed. Let's grant him his "perfect death".

That can be said about so many games. Devs would always put together a trailer with beautiful graphics and awesome gameplay yet so many I would say 90% of the games are top down strategy games that suck ass.

What was shown in the demo however is only different in presentation. The gameplay would have ended the same even if they make a 1:1 copy. In fact as it was described with squad link Rj missions would be waiting for some rando to move on. Squad link as it was shown in SS, is a failure and does nothing to enhance the gameplay. Unless pissing off people counts as that.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Of course they will. Its easy upvotes for Forum Validation. Try it.

I'm not sure if you are calling me a bad guy. However my comment does sound pretty snarky, so I have redacted it. What I was commenting on was:

• Open-world to Railjack transition and,
  • Liches in Railjack missions.

Regarding those specific parts, DE did not focus on releasing them with the Empyrian Update. It was just an observation, I'm not trying to throw a tantrum about it now.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

That can be said about so many games.

Very true. And Warframe is not one of those games. I'm specifically thinking of Fable and No Man's Sky that promised us the moon long before they were released.

Also you make a good point about the Squad Link feature, so it stands to reason that DE isn't investing in things they don't think will be fun and "enhance the gameplay". I personally liked Scarlet Spear for the two different mission location choices, but yes always mobile-defending the OP-Links was a pain.

48 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I'm not sure if you are calling me a bad guy. However my comment does sound pretty snarky, so I have redacted it. What I was commenting on was:

• Open-world to Railjack transition and,
  • Liches in Railjack missions.

Regarding those specific parts, DE did not focus on releasing them with the Empyrian Update. It was just an observation, I'm not trying to throw a tantrum about it now.

So was my post.

When DE announced the Corpus Railjack and the Liches Finale that would come later with it, there were still people screaming about DE being liars and how Railjack was abandoned content, in fact, these people made a return, like they were waiting for it. And they got their upvotes, alright. But they just didnt have the opportunity to keep patting each other in the back and farming upvotes by doing the back and forth "DE are scummy liars, you with me? / Yeah! / Yeah too! / Yeah again! / Once more Yeah!/..." because everyone else just cut them off or saw the bait for what it was with nothing to stand on.

If you pay attention, you recognize the patterns and see the same crowd appear. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

@Digressivethis thread is a tad toxic... just a wee tad

For starters, mods monitor every thread so this isn’t necessary.

But on top of that, what is bothering you so much about this thread? I just see people debating and some passive aggressive dev bashing. It’s entertaining IMO, if you don’t think so just move along and let the mods do their jobs.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

But on top of that, what is bothering you so much about this thread? I just see people debating and some passive aggressive dev bashing. It’s entertaining IMO, if you don’t think so just move along and let the mods do their jobs.

Lol, you don't see the people namecalling and such? I've seen only a little passive aggression towards dev and a lot of passive aggression and childish namecalling towards others..

what bothers me is that, it's simply a childish and toxic discussion, not that its rare in the forums

We've had 50+ pages of feedback in workshop, endlessly reiterating points made literally on page one. I think we established what we want and not want pretty well in there. A groundbreaking result of us trying to explain what we want is some third-party site where developers put several stickers, which I dare you to try and find.

Archived