Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Prime Vault: Hotfix 30.0.8 + 30.0.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

Can the zephyr operator armor (Commodore Prime Suit) be equipped in pieces like every other armor set in the game or can I only wear it in its entirety all at once? 
Helmet,arms,chest piece,belt,leg pieces etc.

If so then what do they look like individually? will we ever be able to preview prime accessory items from within the game in our arsenal like every other armor piece in the game?
I know we can chat link SOME prime accessory items but they always use the default colors and never what we are using which makes it impossible to see what something will look like with our colors unless we buy them.
Please make all of the prime accessory stuff previewable in the appearance taps like all other syandanas and armors.

With the unvaulting of Zephyr Prime will a review be done of the the commodore prime outfit? Since the cosmetics rework for operators the apparel in particular has hung lower on the operator's torso, the chain is also attached below what clearly looks like it's original anchor point between the operators shoulder blades and worst of all the original animation/movement physics of the belt are gone/broken it now badly clips through the operator's leg when they move about where it originally would move along with the leg.

pTdBa9I.pngfulODHS.png

The image on the left shows what i mean by the chain connecting to the operator's torso lower then it was probably intended to. Compare the image on the right with the picture showcasing the operator outfit in the main post of this thread and you'll see that the belt is sitting lower on the torso then it originally did. The image in the main post is the same one that was used when Zephyr Prime was first released and available via Prime Access before the major changes in the operator cosmetics.

If you want to see it clipping through the leg simply walk around your orbiter or use your operator during a mission and you'll see that the hoop does not move at all like it did when the cosmetic was first released. Simply put, unless the operator is standing up straight, it will clip through the left leg.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Updated Shock Absorber Mod description to reflect its actual function: +20% Physical Damage Resistance (At Max Rank). We have also changed its categorization as an Exilus Mod into a normal Mod. 

• Contrary to its previous description of “+20% Damage Resistance on Knockdown” it did not require knockdown to give resistance. This has seemed to be the case since its release and due to its relatively low discussion rates it was a complete oversight that it was not working as described. When deciding whether to match the description text or existing effect, we considered that unlike Mods like Diamond Skin and Flame Repellent which provide damage type specific resistances, Shock Absorber, which covered all Physical Damage types, was considered an Exilus. So we have removed its Exilus classification as it better fits in with the other damage resistance Mods. 

•  

By this logic, shouldn't Armored Agility be changed to be an Exilus Mod in order to be consistent with other movement based Warframe mods?

1 minute ago, SomeoneInParticular said:

This isn't a fix, its a nerf; if you're going to nerf stuff, at least don't be disingenuous about it.

The intention is for you to be able to be blessed once and it last 3 hours (resetting if someone else blesses you for the same thing). 
To that end, they fixed a bug where it wasn't working as intended. Blessing stacking isn't meant to do that, they can't 'Nerf' something that was never designed to be that way. They're making sure it operates as intended. There's no two ways about it.

Thank you for fixes and prime accessories!

May I request that you allow for Q&A tab while in dojo. It would save a lot of time while switching from trade to Q&A without constantly getting in and out of dojo. i would like to be giving and receiving advice while being ready for potential trade.

2 minutes ago, Data-Cluster said:

The intention is for you to be able to be blessed once and it last 3 hours (resetting if someone else blesses you for the same thing). 
To that end, they fixed a bug where it wasn't working as intended. Blessing stacking isn't meant to do that, they can't 'Nerf' something that was never designed to be that way. They're making sure it operates as intended. There's no two ways about it.

That's the same rationale they used when they "fixed" looting abilities stacking with other looting abilities; whether or not it was originally intended by the devs, the system had been in place long enough for people to get used to it and assume it was intentional (albeit in a shorter time-span in this case). In both cases, it was a reduction in the effectiveness of something players were previously capable using, and should be labelled as such (as a "change", specifically), regardless of whether behind the scenes it was a "bug" or not.

Just now, SomeoneInParticular said:

That's the same rationale they used when they "fixed" looting abilities stacking with other looting abilities; whether or not it was originally intended by the devs, the system had been in place long enough for people to get used to it and assume it was intentional (albeit in a shorter time-span in this case). In both cases, it was a reduction in the effectiveness of something players were previously capable using, and should be labelled as such (as a "change", specifically), regardless of whether behind the scenes it was a "bug" or not.

A 25% boost to your X Y and Z is what a blessing does. You can be blessed once for each of the types. 

That's how it's made to be. That's what they said it was to be. That's what it's meant to be. Exploiting a bug and "getting used to it" isn't a rational criteria to suggest the developers are being disingenuous and are 'nerfing' something (you were never meant to be able to do). 

It's literally an exploit. You trigger the bug by exploiting the game. Of course they're going to fix that. 

1 minute ago, Data-Cluster said:

A 25% boost to your X Y and Z is what a blessing does. You can be blessed once for each of the types. 

That's how it's made to be. That's what they said it was to be. That's what it's meant to be. Exploiting a bug and "getting used to it" isn't a rational criteria to suggest the developers are being disingenuous and are 'nerfing' something (you were never meant to be able to do). 

It's literally an exploit. You trigger the bug by exploiting the game. Of course they're going to fix that. 

Which devstream/post (not including this one) do they say, specifically, that they're not supposed to stack?

Just now, SomeoneInParticular said:

Which devstream/post (not including this one) do they say, specifically, that they're not supposed to stack?

What makes you think it's meant to? No other boosters in the game stack with themselves. The True Masters Font doesn't say that can happen and mechanically it doesn't even make sense. Why should you be able to endlessly stack those boosters and ultimately break the game's affinity/credit/damage etc. In the process?

You're assuming that several users all activating the same blessing in a short period of time is somehow a designed element. There is absolutely nothing to suggest a clear exploit is standard operating procedure.

Also, if they were to 'Nerf' it, they'd reduce it down in %, which they aren't. Like all boosters, you can only have one of it's kind on at once.

19 minutes ago, Data-Cluster said:

What makes you think it's meant to? No other boosters in the game stack with themselves. The True Masters Font doesn't say that can happen and mechanically it doesn't even make sense. Why should you be able to endlessly stack those boosters and ultimately break the game's affinity/credit/damage etc. In the process?

You're assuming that several users all activating the same blessing in a short period of time is somehow a designed element. There is absolutely nothing to suggest a clear exploit is standard operating procedure.

Also, if they were to 'Nerf' it, they'd reduce it down in %, which they aren't. Like all boosters, you can only have one of it's kind on at once.

That is straight up not true; literally this last weekend disproved it (in two ways, effect multiplicative and duration additive). Buffs do stack multiplicatively (from different sources, I.E. Last Weekend's Credit Doubler + Daily Login Credit Booster) or in duration (from same/similar sources, I.E. Baro's Credit Booster sold this weekend + Daily Login Credit Booster). As such, given the number of patches between these buffs being added and them not being changed (since update 29.3, more than half a year ago), players could have come to expect that MR30 buffs functioned similarly, whether or not the devs had intended it.

Not only that, but given this is a multiplayer game, one should reasonably expect players to co-ordinate to do something; that's a core design element of any multiplayer game. Saying "several users all activating the same blessing in a short period of time" is not an expected design element is essentially assuming DE is staffed by idiots, or that MR 30+ players never co-ordinate at all (despite evidence to the contrary in both cases).

So yes, whether or not the devs view it as an "exploit" or not, its been present long enough that many players could have come to the conclusion it was intended behaviour. Its a change to gameplay mechanics as understood by players, and should be denoted as such; same as the looting ability stacking "fix" patch note prior.

14 minutes ago, Data-Cluster said:

This exactly. The thing about loot stacking is that it had no precedence; no similar actions provided context as to how looting abilities interacted with each other. In this case, we have precedence: additional boosters have never stacked with each other before Blessings, and to remain consistent Blessings should also not stack with each other.

16 minutes ago, SomeoneInParticular said:

That is straight up not true; literally this last weekend disproved it (in two ways, effect multiplicative and duration additive). Buffs do stack multiplicatively (from different sources, I.E. Last Weekend's Credit Doubler + Daily Login Credit Booster) or in duration (from same/similar sources, I.E. Baro's Credit Booster sold this weekend + Daily Login Credit Booster). As such, given the number of patches between these buffs being added and them not being changed (since update 29.3, more than half a year ago), players could have come to expect that MR30 buffs functioned similarly, whether or not the devs had intended it.

Not only that, but given this is a multiplayer game, one should reasonably expect players to co-ordinate to do something; that's a core design element of any multiplayer game. Saying "several users all activating the same blessing in a short period of time" is not an expected design element is essentially assuming DE is staffed by idiots, or that MR 30+ players never co-ordinate at all (despite evidence to the contrary in both cases).

So yes, whether or not the devs view it as an "exploit" or not, its been present long enough that many players could have come to the conclusion it was intended behaviour. Its a change to gameplay mechanics as understood by players, and should be denoted as such; same as the looting ability stacking "fix" patch note prior.

This is a lot to unpack so I'll reply to each element succinctly.

Yes different boosters can work together. That's a fact. We aren't talking about that here though? This is about a bug where the same booster can stack over itself! 

Yes, Warframe is a multiplayer game, that does not however mean that a group of players coordinating to exploit a bug validates its existence. It, if anything, draws attention to how it's an exploit people are coordinating to make happen.

Finally, you keep saying it's "understood by players", I didn't know it existed and I don't know anyone else who did. It's not written on the wiki as how it functions. It's not written in-game. It's not a precedent set, it's actually set against. 

DE fixed the exploit. You know, most players and I played Warframe before blessings were even a thing, it's a free bonus... There's no reason it would be as overwhelmingly powerful of a system that grants stacks upon stacks of boosters as you say it should. 

45 minutes ago, Data-Cluster said:

This is a lot to unpack so I'll be 

Yes different boosters can work together. That's a fact. We aren't talking about that here though? This is about a bug where the same booster can stack over itself! 

Yes, Warframe is a multiplayer game, that does not however mean that a group of players coordinating to exploit a bug validates its existence. It, if anything, draws attention to how it's an exploit people are coordinating to make happen.

Finally, you keep saying it's "understood by players", I didn't know it existed and I don't know anyone else who did. It's not written on the wiki as how it functions. It's not written in-game. It's not a precedent set, it's actually set against. 

DE fixed the exploit. You know, most players and I played Warframe before blessings were even a thing, it's a free bonus... There's no reason it would be as overwhelmingly powerful of a system that grants stacks upon stacks of boosters as you say it should. 

My point is, given that DE changed it, clearly some players did know about it; how ignorant you or I were to it isn't relevant. Whether in game mentions it or not is a pretty low bar; last I checked it doesn't mention that Rhino's buff applies like it were a universal faction bonus either, despite being rather well known and part of the reason why its such a common subsumed ability. Ditto with the wiki (the wiki does mention that this is how it functions though, so that's a moot point anyways).

Did you know Mecha's aura effect applies twice to damaging DOT status procs, and a third when the marked target dies and applies its statuses to all new enemies within range? I didn't until a week ago, but its been in the game since Mecha was added, and if it were changed I would argue it should appear in the changes section too. How many people know about it isn't relevant; the fact that people do, and are using it, means changes to it should be noted as changes, not fixes, as it changes how people are going to do things (unlike bug fixes, which are more along the lines of "this could crash your game and/or result in unintended cosmetic effects; now it won't, yay").

I'm not arguing for theoretically infinite multiplicative stacking bonuses, despite you putting those words in my mouth; glad you unpacked a non-existent statement! The change was warranted (as memey as levelling 0->30 on an Earth exterminate mission would be), but my point is that it is a change in a system that effects players, and it has been around long enough that some players have come to expect it to work in that manner. As a result, it should be listed in changes, since thats where people looking for changes are going to look. Personally I think it should stack in duration to be consistent with the other buffs (which it doesn't, instead resetting the timer to 3 hours, ironically making it more of an odd duck after this change!), but regardless of that being implemented or not, the change to game mechanics being listed in fixes is incorrect, and should be updated to reflect that error.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Call of the Tempestarii: Prime Vault: Hotfix 30.0.8

Changes:

• Increased the size of the Scintillant to make it easier to pick up/see.

• Updated all of the Toroid descriptions to include their drop sources in The Orb Vallis.

• Added functionality to Aim Glide in Relays! 

Fixes:

• Fixed UI notification for Mastery Rank 30 Blessings not being broadcasted to all players in the Relay. 
  • Fixed multiple bugs with the Blessing Altar:

• Fixed the Plains of Eidolon ‘Eliminate nearby enemies’ bonus objective never having a chance to fail.

•  

• Fixed Warframe turning into a laffy taffy wacky inflatable tube man after boarding K-Drive in the Cold Below Captura Scene. 

•  

• Fixed a script error occurring when Blessing in a Relay.

Thank you for these fixes, still a lot more to go. :wink:

The Scintillant fix still won't help players who don't bother to look up. :tongue:

I can now say the blessings are working properly.

'laffy taffy wacky inflatable tube man' Now that sounds really funny.

'Eliminate nearby enemies’ The circles are way to big for a solo player to even find the enemies let alone them spawning in for you to find.

###############################################
Sentinel Survivability

Sentinel Survivability Buff, please DE you keep adding new and more powerful enemies that can zap our Sentinels in one shot just about, even with Primed Regen on it, dead outright in the first few minutes into some high missions, especially horrid on high Corpus missions.

We need our Sentinel mods like our Companion mods made into Link mods so we can at least make them hopefully survive longer than 3 minutes into a 10 minute mission.

Warframe abilities and other healing methods that heal should also work on the Sentinels, it feels like you don't care, yet you keep releasing new Sentinels that are just as bad as the old ones.

Not all of us want to run around with a Demios pet that cannot die outright and respawns over your head.

Now for an Old BUG.

Can we please get this old bug fixed, it's very distracting while playing, it happens whether I have weapon skins active or not. It even happens while I'm in my orbiters arsenal. :( 

While holding a primary, Non Railjack mission.

441350F5C6E2A6E370B1B9B45F7B3BDA429D159E

Aiming down the sights of a pistol and having the handle in my view is lets say unpleasant.

While holding a pistol, Railjack mission.

C8358323DBC974A02B9DD9AC9602DB4D2D307753

In arsenal.

A3571B293E7882B88E467BC08B456E6A80B25184

We need old bugs like this fixed because it's taking away from the game play when you have trouble aiming.

Thank you for the hotfix, keep up the great job, but please fix old bugs. ^

14 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

Devstream? Corpus liches? Pls give us some information on the ongoing content

I'm taking a break from playing until they give us the corpus liches I only log in to get the Daily Tribute and these dex alerts. Its boring unless you're a low level player (which I am not I'm an MR30) there's literally nothing to do. And again unless you're a low level player their whole big tempestarii update the vast majority of us have sevagoth and his weapon within the first day or two of that update just a huge let down in my personal opinion (not sevagoth the tempestarii updates a let down)

12 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

This is deliberately disabled because it caused a large number of functionality problems (e.g. spawning into the level in the wrong place, not having your correct character avatar, etc)

Just reminded me,

Theres an issue on Sanctuary Onslaught that if the portal is up for swapping stages, and you go into operator anywhere, then it teleports you as if you went into the portal. Its broken it several times, like not letting me switch back, not letting me fire, not letting me use abilities, ect.

10 hours ago, Data-Cluster said:

The Operator armor really does need to be adjusted, especially given it's something people are paying for.

I was considering picking it up but this makes me unsure about doing so at present.

Same! I've wanted that pretty armor for so long, I was having a little yay-moment, when I heard I have the chance to get it again.
But man, this really needs work :/

Edit: Compared to what is previewed on the webpage, it looks different in general

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Primeruwu:

That's literally the point of the passive to you have to be near enemies to revive him. If he could revive whenever he wanted wouldn't he be "too op"

Duh, I mean long-pressing E to use a regular revive. Kinda annoying having to wait for the entire duration of bleedout.

il y a 49 minutes, TheKurtiStryke a dit :

oh god, pls no, i hope not...

I don't worry too much about it. I think they are still collecting feedbacks and are brainstorming on what changes they need to make. There is a lot of things to improve, and it would be counterproductive to throw little changes all the time without any big picture, especially with everything which has already been said on the dedicated thread.

And frankly, I'd rather they take their time getting things right than repeat the 30.0.6 hotfix mess that left Gloom bugged for a few days.

Archived