Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me? On one hand, players seek out over powered builds with CO, BR, WW, etc... always looking for highest DPS, on the other hand, its almost impossible to find players who want to stay longer than 10mins in a survival/disruption

Guybrush88

It is in Warframe like it is in all other games. People progress and build up their character/account, and few of us are interested to do pointless low level content or swap to lower level gear to make that low level content "more interesting". There just isnt a reason to stay long in the lowbie missions, so jumping out at whatever rotation end you needed is what people will do.

Just as people dont run max torment neph rifts in D3 outside of getting enough keys needed to go to greater rifts of the appropriate level, just as people wont run Deadmines in WoW beyond getting the transmog skins if they are endgame progressed.

It is simply the nature of infinite progressing games or those with near infinite replay value.

16 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Trusting them with what, exactly?

I've pugged 3-4 hour runs on multiple occasions. Sure, some people die, but it poses no real risk to failure anyways.

Either way, op's issue is they're basing what content creators say as a representation of what most of the players are doing. Melee kills are tracked on mission stats, more often than not, you'll see that number being nearly zero for most pugs, because most people aren't using melee. Not long ago, people kept whining about how Wukong, Saryn, Mesa, aoe weapons, etc needed to be nerfed instead. If most people were using melee weapons, they would have been nerfed into the ground by now.

Rivens are largely irrelevant, and even content creators acknowledge this by the fact they often have to provide builds that don't include them in the first place. If everyone used them, they wouldn't be "optional", and would have also been changed by now.

There's a reason why people complain SP is a bunch of bullet sponges, and keep in mind, DE had already pre-nerfed SP between the test version and the official release. During SS, people complained ground missions were too slow, taking 40-60 minutes. This all points to people not spamming these apparent one shots.

This is all before considering there's no reward for mindlessly semi-afk in an endless mission, and how dull it is on top of the no reward. For most people, more than 30 minutes for a single session is also extremely long. Nightwave had the survival "challenge" reduced, and most games balance instances around 7-25 minutes for a reason. Even pvp games balance around 10-30 minute sessions. League for example had a season where games routinely hit 45-60 minutes, sometimes even almost 90 in edge cases resulting in changes dedicated to cutting it down drastically.

I can't trust them to stay within a reasonable distance and not ruin the enemy spawns, can't trust their internet if they're the host either. I pug Tridolons all the time things are fine 98% but for specific runs I'd rather just do it myself.

And I agree with the rest, I don't think I've done anything over 3 hours either.

21 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Is it just me, or do other's feel the same?

Are the majority of players who follow those BEST DPS Build youtube videos guides just using them on level 60's and getting high on seeing red crit numbers eventhough they were already 1-shoting the same enemies at yellow crits?

I think part of the problem is that you're conflating two groups that, while they do have some overlap, are largely distinct from one another.

Do you honestly think that 90% of the playerbase religiously follows some youtubers "Best DPS" builds?  And that most of those players then refuse to play more than 10 minutes in a single mission?
I really doubt that the majority of players are some hive-mind that are copying the "Best DPS" builds; and then following up by refusing to stay in missions longer than absolutely necessary.

It is far more likely that you are getting players with decent, but far from "best dps", builds going "OH I need to kill X enemies with Y element...I'll join an endless mission to do that" then they do that and then they have zero reason to stick around and they leave.
And you could replace that nightwave challenge with half a dozen other nightwave challenges that don't require you to stick around for very long at all to finish; and after you finish it you might as well leave as you aren't going to get anything by sticking around.
Alternatively you could just have a player that was looking to put the last levels into a frame/weapon so that they could forma it.  And again the same problem arises: Once that weapon finishes why stick around any longer as you aren't getting anything of worth?

Another valid reason is that they get some of what they want; then they are worried that the host will decide to leave which will cause a host migration which could lose them what they got already....better safe then sorry and better to head out with something rather than risk it all for no reason.

In the end there are lots of valid reasons for leaving an endless mission "early" (and the definition of "early" in this context is entirely subjective).  The problem you have is that you are conflating two things which honestly have no reason to be conflated with each other.  You're trying to find something to gripe about and blame it on youtubers and some hive mind mentality rather than look at the simpler and much more plausible causes.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

don't have time or energy to spend in long as hell missions.

For me is mostly this, like when I log in after dinner I usually have different things to do. If I spend 3 hours in a survival I just burned 3/4 of my playtime for the day in a sigle mission. 

I might wanna do it sometimes for sure, but I won't commit to hours in a single mission for no reason if I have other things to do. 

Also it might also happens that:

- Host has an horrible connection so I bail out asap cause it's horrible to play with lag. 

- Host leaves and I become the new host despite having an horrible upload resulting not only in the other people in the match to lag but also I screw the connection of other people playing in my house as well. 

- Some irl things needs to be done and i will extract at the first reward window. 

All of this tho does not mean i can't enjoy looking up things to make my builds more efficient, even if I don't spend all day into a single mission. 

Like why I should purposely make my build worse? Because I play at lower level of enemies? 

Sure, I won't super optimize everything most of the time and stick to lower forma builds for most frames, but it is good to have an idea on how to get the most out of something. 

8小时前 , (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 说:

Or, instead, one can do daily syndicate missions and get enough standing to buy 6 relic packs and hope you get what you're interested in. That's what I do over spending a lot of time staying in missions hoping I get the drop I want.

yes.

The best drops in most missions are relics 90% of the time, or those gear parts that you only need to farm once or twice only. And yet there are a lot of ways that could make you get "the best drop" in missions, rendering normal endurance missions in the star chart unnecessary

(I mean i do pick up medallions sometimes and open a lot of relic packs when new prime arrives)

On 2021-04-28 at 11:19 AM, Guybrush88 said:

Are the majority of players who follow those BEST DPS Build youtube videos guides just using them on level 60's and getting high on seeing red crit numbers eventhough they were already 1-shoting the same enemies at yellow crits?

With the nerf to Enemy Scaling, only way you would see enemies as durable as before would be spending time in Endless Steel Path and that comes to Praying on RNG you would get a Squad that's planning on a long run or play Solo and pray on RNG for LS.

I admittedly haven't read through the entire thread, so there may be a bit of repetition on my part. That being said, I think it really comes down to what the ultimate goal the team as a whole has on a particular mission - especially when it's a public mission. Not everyone will share the same reasons to run a mission regardless of their dps potential, but on occasion you'll find a team that is on the same page.  Basically, I don't think it's really a matter of the game being too hard or too easy as a reason for people to stay for endurance runs, but a matter of personal reasons for being there in the first place.

I must admit that I do get annoyed on occasion when I join a survival in hopes to stay for a duration, but then end up staying for only five minutes because the team wants to extract or that the makeup of the team doesn't jive for that type of run. Then again, I usually do survivals solo anyway with the exception of void fissures. Even then it can be luck of the draw of joining a team that all are there for the long haul and open a ton of relics - or joining a team that are just there because it's the only meso fissure mission available.

Either way it's the nature of public missions: not everyone will be on the same page. 

On 2021-04-29 at 2:19 AM, Guybrush88 said:

Or players that ---- Hydron 5 waves ---- extract. Lol.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2021-04-28 at 10:19 AM, Guybrush88 said:

You haven't been playing long enough to realize how shallow this game is and when you do, you'll be playing 2 minute sorties as well.

A rather large chunk of the playerbase play this game because it's something you can do without thinking. At all. Smash the buttons, get the skinner box goodies, move on to something else engaging.

7 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

You haven't been playing long enough to realize how shallow this game is and when you do, you'll be playing 2 minute sorties as well.

A rather large chunk of the playerbase play this game because it's something you can do without thinking. At all. Smash the buttons, get the skinner box goodies, move on to something else engaging.

That's all games. It's almost like it's a form of entertainment.

On 2021-04-28 at 12:19 PM, Guybrush88 said:

I get good luck with arbitrations they often go 30min+

Especially after a new arbitration just starts, you can get loots of people willing to go until the next arbitration is available

On 2021-04-28 at 1:52 PM, Guybrush88 said:

Most endless can get boring. However personally I find Disruption endless to be engaging and fun

Agreed. I also used to find Arbitration missions pretty fun since they were some of the more challenging content at the time.

On 2021-04-28 at 12:24 PM, Yamazuki said:

Rivens are largely irrelevant, and even content creators acknowledge this by the fact they often have to provide builds that don't include them in the first place. If everyone used them, they wouldn't be "optional", and would have also been changed by now.

They don't put rivens in builds because their target demographic are players who are somewhat new to the game, chances are, if you're using rivens in a bunch of different weapons, you know how to mod stuff already and don't need the video and won't watch the video.

Also, people who follow the video's mod for mod can't use the riven in the video so they'll immediately look for another build video that they can copy exactly.

Rivens in build videos don't really work unless it's to show off a riven specifically. Even than the those types of videos aren't popular.

Archived