Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm an MR 30 and a statue is not a "reward"

(PSN)Xzelian

So I just finished yesterday's sortie, and yet another statue.

Yesterday was endo (pretty much the same thing)

Kuva before that.

Statue, 

Exilus adapter! Cool!

Statue Statue endo.

In other words, a complete waste of time, resources and materials.

I feel punished, and while the process should operate on fair rng, it doesn't feel that way.  Whats worse is the scaling really it's viable for rarity.

I really only get benefit from 3 things:  Rivens, boosters and adapters. To this day (890 login days) I have NEVER seen a core.

I don't ever expect to see one either.

If I want endo I make far more from arbitrations. If I want Kuva I'll do a flood, or survival. 

As like most top mastery players I've learned that it's counterproductive to play this game without resource boosters,  my gains are higher by far in other activities when doubled.

So the solution really is simple.  I would like to be able to exchange my statues to a vendor for rivens.

This should be available to me if they are of "equal" rarity and "value"

If they are not, then I should be able to exchange 2 for 1. I also feel this should be an upper mastery perk only, maybe available at 25.

As it stands, many people believe in the upper mastery loot nerf and there's little incentive for people to work up.

From a business standpoint, the result is lost revenue.

On a side note, If I have an active materials booster and the reward is materials, then I should get that doubled.

But when friends get riven after riven and I'm popping repetitive statues, I fell slighted and it builds distrust.

I thought several times about buying plat this week for the first time in 3 years after the way a support call was handled.

Nope. Still no trust, and I don't give money to companies I don't trust.

Show us we have a reason to spend our money with you and more will.

may 9th 2021 :

Past few days' rewards:  endo, affinity boost! yay, endo, statue...two weeks, 2 "rewards."

So here it is, if you want your upper level players running with open squads, helping with "carrys" and being community minded, then you're going to need to do more to incentivize.

Slowdowns, poor regional pairings (If I wanted to deal with a team mate who doesn't speak my language doesn't coordinate and has no idea what they are doing I'll just go play Mass Effect.  I want players on mic, because if I wanted a keyboard to talk I'd play on pc.) Inadequate reward structure and team failure reward loss are all keeping sorties a mid-M.R. event.

I've actually heard Rebecca and Megan state in a live stream that they hate when players run through missions and sorties for "the sake of it,"  but when you take your time to play, level and work at the game, then get kicked in the end reward, it makes no sense whatsoever to do anything but.

When you upset your higher M.R.'s they complain. When lower M.R.s hear it they get shadowed and jaded, and for many of us on consoles, we don't bother with the forums.

When console players pipe up and interject to throw shade and play "best buddy" I assure you they do not represent the majority of your customer profile.

We don't WANT to interact on a p.c. platform for a console game, so you never hear their voices, they just stop spending money, because our time is money too. 

Again, if you want to devalue rivens and bump statue value, make those statues trade-able for rivens. (Your .5 dispo idea did not work, in fact it had the opposite effect, screaming premium rolls prices to oblivion while devaluing 95% of what would be an otherwise viable roll.) If you want to incentivize high M.R. players to do open sorties, limit that statue exchange to M.R. 25 or higher even. They've paid their dues, and will buy statues off lower M.R.s if this is implemented. Those lower M.R.s will use that plat because they still need things rather than sit on it.

Get it? You make more money!

If You want more people buying loot doublers i.e. selling plat, then apply them to sortie rewards. It will make players feel more vindicated and increase your bottom dollar.

Add credit rewards (doubler application here) and transmuters to the list. I'm so over Eidolons. (on a side note after maxing my tree I have millions on millions of useless focus. This should be exchangeable for riven transmuters as well. Doesn't need to be cheap, just ya' know an option.

I have WAY more to say on all this, but need to rest my hands as typing is excruciating due to nerve damage.  Again why I play on console.

Just having a system like Relics would be cool. Do a Sortie, and at the end each player has a seperate roll on the sortie reward table. Then, like with relics, each player can choose from all player rewards which one they want to keep. That way if you want endo, you can take it. And if all 4 people roll an endo statue, then its almost more acceptable if only in that you can chortle at the luck of it.

Just implementing a token system and token vendor would do wonders, or even simpler: add rivens/leg core/anasa to Nora's shop. Sorties give additional NW creds. And then you go and buy the stuff you want instead of thinking "is an Ambulas fight worth an Anasa?“ 

Of course booster have to go, I don't see DE making these purchasable on a regular base and I think that's totally okay. 

That's what happens when you outgrow content. Sortie as a whole is more towards low and middle players, those high-end rewards are just there to get you to play. 

In general I'm not against alternative avenues for direct-rewards, but I'm against low effort = high-value reward.

I can agree with that. I would say that I lost count of the number of times that I got an ayatan instead of a reward, but I've kept a log of my sortie rewards for the past 4 years for some reason.

Frankly, I'm not interested in rivens or potatoes either, since all of my riven slots are full and I've got 30 built potatoes of each type. Forma and kuva are the only things that would matter to me.

57 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

That's what happens when you outgrow content. Sortie as a whole is more towards low and middle players, those high-end rewards are just there to get you to play. 

In general I'm not against alternative avenues for direct-rewards, but I'm against low effort = high-value reward.

This 100%

Sorties really have only one reward that I value. Legendary Cores. But even then I value them only because new primed mods might come out in the future. 

It is a little silly to think the system needs to change just because it doesn't have rewards that appeal to your needs. As a MR 30 player you should know that you've done most everything in the game. Expecting mid-level content to provide you a benefit is a little goofy.

This is why we just need to receive daily tokens for completing the sortie that we can use to purchase from a shop, items that we so desire.

1 Token per section completed and 1 as bonus for entire completion for the day, so 4 in total. Tokens used at the players discretion to purchase their choice in rewards based on a tiered shop. At least players can know what they may want to work towards, rather than just a diluted drop table.  

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

This is why we just need to receive daily tokens for completing the sortie that we can use to purchase from a shop, items that we so desire.

1 Token per section completed and 1 as bonus for entire completion for the day, so 4 in total. Tokens used at the players discretion to purchase their choice in rewards based on a tiered shop. At least players can know what they may want to work towards, rather than just a diluted drop table.  

Absolutely not.

13 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This 100%

Sorties really have only one reward that I value. Legendary Cores. But even then I value them only because new primed mods might come out in the future. 

It is a little silly to think the system needs to change just because it doesn't have rewards that appeal to your needs. As a MR 30 player you should know that you've done most everything in the game. Expecting mid-level content to provide you a benefit is a little goofy.

But that's the thing, it isn't all about me.  I have friends and clan mates who sometimes need/want assistance.  I I do these things and get no real reward then it feels empty.

At the same time while I can buy off other players, rivens still feel good to receive.  In a way you're proving my point.  If D.E. wants us interacting, and I can pretty much assure you they do.  Then there should be something in it for high MR players.

En 5/5/2021 a las 12:16, (XBOX)Helverin dijo:

Just implementing a token system and token vendor would do wonders, or even simpler: add rivens/leg core/anasa to Nora's shop. Sorties give additional NW creds. And then you go and buy the stuff you want instead of thinking "is an Ambulas fight worth an Anasa?“ 

Of course booster have to go, I don't see DE making these purchasable on a regular base and I think that's totally okay. 

hace 22 horas, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK dijo:

210 NW creds would be interesting but tokens and a vendor?

Wkwkwkw Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

En 5/5/2021 a las 12:06, chaotea dijo:

Just having a system like Relics would be cool. Do a Sortie, and at the end each player has a seperate roll on the sortie reward table. Then, like with relics, each player can choose from all player rewards which one they want to keep. That way if you want endo, you can take it. And if all 4 people roll an endo statue, then its almost more acceptable if only in that you can chortle at the luck of it.

This is the best idea so far.

Archived