Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania rework

Zeddypanda

I'll preface by saying I'm far from a Titania main, but I ran this rework by one and got approved. Would love to hear from people fine with Titania's current kit.

Current problems:

• Abilities 1, 2 and 3 are clunky and don't feel like they do anything.
  • None of them help with what Titania needs:
    • A way to refill energy/maintain flight.
    • Interacting with interactables.
    • Popping nullifiers.

Proposed rework:

1. Razorwing, 25 energy

• Currently you have to play with no abilities for 10 levels before you can play Titania, move her defining ability to the front.
  • Works as currently.
  • Dex Pixia mod: Neutralizing Purity
    • Bought from New Loka
    • Pops nullifiers
    • +1 Purity

2. Little Helpers, 35 energy (subsumed ability)

• 6 butterflies spread out in a 20m radius to help with tasks. Priority list goes roughly:
    • Insert a carried power cell or datamass.
    • Capture a capture target.
    • Open doors (2 butterflies can converge on a co-op door)
    • Hack a console (15 seconds, scales inversly with duration)
    • Pick up a power cell or datamass (4 butterflies needed to carry 1 object)
    • Defaults to healing an ally for 5% health per fly if no other interactions available.
    • Most other interactions not possible, such as finishing a kuva larvling, or activating life support.
  •  Augment: Little Defenders
    •  Little helpers provide a 10% damage reduction debuff per helper when healing an ally. Lasts for 40 seconds, can't stack past 50%.

3. Lantern, 25 energy

• Works as currently.
  • The enemy and any enemies within attract radius gains a 20% chance to drop energy orbs.
  • Augment: Tribute
    • Enemies within attract range of Lantern gain a 30% chance of dropping loot.

4. Full Moon, 100 energy

• Titania casts 4 spread spirit bombs for 1500 blast damage each in a 20m radius, leaving an enchanted wake for 16 seconds.
  • Enemies caught in the blast are lifted and disarmed for the duration.
  • Wake slows down enemies and reduces accuracy.
  • Wake clears statuses and gives allies status immunity for 16 seconds.
  • Wake buffs companion damage, hp, and armor for 120 seconds.
  • Augment: Waxing Gibbous
    • Wake strips 5% armor per second.

Titania is in no need for Rework, maybe some tweaks to her current abilities but no changes to her kits of increase in power.

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:

Current problems:

Her 1st ability needs a small change to how it applies its Status immunity buff to allies, maybe having the HOLD to cast on self also apply to allies within the player's affinity range instead of having to manually aim at the teammate and cast it which is almost impossible with the game's flow. Aside that its a great early protective and status control ability.

Her 2nd skill's buffs wile not the best do stack up well and DE did us the favor on the last rework to remove its dependence on duration mods, making the buffs last 240 seconds no matter your power duration.

Her 3rd ability i find less useful as it does almost the same of her 1st with the added effect of luring enemies in which i dont see much use for as they can easily be picked off before they even come within range of the Lantern to be drawn to it. 

Current problems:

• None of them help with what Titania needs:
    • Popping nullifiers.

So what you want is Cheese?

You can already regain energy for her mid flight grabbing energy orbs, Arcane Energize to help you in that. If your energy runs out you can very well use Energy Pizzas or other methods like Focus to regain your energy fast. Just because she has the ability to go Fairy mode and gets much stronger, that doesnt mean you have to spend the whole mission like that.

Adding the ability to pop Nullifier bubbles with her Dex Pixia will make Corpus or Void missions risk free so NO she doesnt need this.

1. Razorwing, 25 energy

• Currently you have to play with no abilities for 10 levels before you can play Titania, move her defining ability to the front.
  • Works as currently.
  • Dex Pixia mod: Neutralizing Purity
    • Bought from New Loka
    • Pops nullifiers
    • +1 Purity

No, YOU play up to lvl 10 with no Abilities because you dont know how to use the rest of her kit. You remind me the "If it doesnt deal damage then its useless" kinda player.
Her 1st ability is incredibly useful if you know when and how to use it.

She doesnt need any Nullifier bubble popping for reasons i said above, it would make playing her too easy and risk free.

Also that +1 Purity is a big No No, no Exalted weapons have Syndicate effects nor should they. Titania already has 50% Evasion wile if Fairy mode and you want her to be able to also restore 25% of her health every few kills?

2 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

• 6 butterflies spread out in a 20m radius to help with tasks. Priority list goes roughly:
    • Defaults to healing an ally for 5% health per fly if no other interactions available.
    • Most other interactions not possible, such as finishing a kuva larvling, or activating life support.
  •  Augment: Little Defenders
    •  Little helpers provide a 10% damage reduction debuff per helper when healing an ally. Lasts for 40 seconds, can't stack past 50%.

Another Idea that will completely trivialize playing the game as Titania.

3. Lantern, 25 energy

• Works as currently.
  • The enemy and any enemies within attract radius gains a 20% chance to drop energy orbs.

Im ok with the Energy Orb thing, just not the Extra Loot thing.

4. Full Moon, 100 energy

• Titania casts 4 spread spirit bombs for 1500 blast damage each in a 20m radius, leaving an enchanted wake for 16 seconds.

Way too many effects in a single ability, Damage, Crowd Control, Slowness and Accuracy reduction, Status Immunity, Damage, HP, Armor Buffs and Armor stripping.

After actually reading it all, it's not that bad of a rework. Although there are 2 things... IDK why there is so much mention of Titania being bad with nullifiers, her Dex Pixia are perfect at dealing with them. And I don't see the need to dedicate an entire ability to interacting with stuff; Yeah it's kinda neat, but I can already hack stuff, pick up ayatan stars, etc... in archwing, there's no reason Razorwing shouldn't be able to as well.

But ultimately I don't think she need this much. She mostly just needs QoL stuff and a better way of dealing with mobs (of which I made my own "Titania Revisit" detailing as such).

23 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Arcane Energize to help you in that

I can be talked down on a lot of these! The loot, the purity, most of the repurposed tribute effects put into the ult just in case someone cared about them.

But how many players have a meaningful amount of Arcane Energize? Genuine question on that one, by the way. Has there ever been shown stats? Was it a big enough number to balance a frame around assuming most people have it?

But alright, positively surprised to see people using and appreciating the 1 and especially the 2. Like, I know the effect is there, but it doesn't feel as tangible as when I pick up a Wisp Mote or make me and the party immune with Firewalker, and it's hard to notice it really doing anything.

A much smaller set of changes, then:

- Spellbind's immunity grants just the tiniest speed boost for Titania only. 10%. 5%. You can feel a speed boost.

- Lantern adds the energy orb chance.

- Titania can interact with things and pick them up when flying, including carrying keys and power cells.

Not sure how you play that makes you think Titania needs a full blown rework

None of them help with what Titania needs:

• Popping nullifiers.

It seems like you want the ability to stay in Razorwing for the entire mission, which is the reason these abilities drain energy over time, to prevent you from doing that.

Also might I remind you that Dex Pixia is fully automatic with decent (and moddable) fire rate? Nullifiers shouldn't be an issue if you just shoot them.

3 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Currently you have to play with no abilities for 10 levels before you can play Titania

If you look at every frame, you'll find that a majority of the abilities in the game are quite trash when they aren't leveled up fully, since that's the point of leveling up. Titania's 1,2, and 3 are actually pretty useful in their own respects. Spellbind grants solid crowd control, status immunity, and even energy when augmented. Tribute grants 4 buffs that have a very long 2 minute unmoddable duration, while the buffs themselves are reasonable in power (although they could be a bit better) considering their ability to empower Razorwing and be active at almost all times. Lantern can be a little janky, but acts as an invincible Decoy with slight passive grouping capabilities (it's probably her worst ability, but still isn't horrible).

Why does this ability need to exist though? Is it really too much to ask to just have the player exit Razorwing for 5 seconds to go do something? How much use will you actually get out of this ability? I can see it being nice for when your team mates are slow and you need to open a coop door, but that's really niche. The healing isn't even that useful since Titania heals allies through her passive already.

• Works as currently.

I'm not sure if this is too powerful or not, considering Lantern has a 20m base radius, and that can go up to 56m, and you can have 4 Lanterns at any time. Energy economy isn't that rough already, but having extra loot and energy orbs in such a large radius seems unreasonable, even if the drop values are low. This also isn't really the buff Lantern needed, since this just rewards the player for having a Lantern active in the general area, rather than making Lantern an effective trap ability (like allowing the damage dealt by Lantern to be multiplied somehow).

4. Full Moon, 100 energy

It was said already, but this is just WAY too much, especially considering the huge blast radius (same as Lantern, so it scales up to 56m PER BOMB/WAKE).

2 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

- Spellbind's immunity grants just the tiniest speed boost for Titania only. 10%. 5%. You can feel a speed boost.

- Titania can interact with things and pick them up when flying, including carrying keys and power cells.

These 2 changes are good, since they're the sort of QoL buffs that Titania really could ask for.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

It seems like you want the ability to stay in Razorwing for the entire mission, which is the reason these abilities drain energy over time, to prevent you from doing that.

For sure I do!

Let's say Titania didn't have Razorwings. Her 4 was some kinda weird cc/weak damage like Oberon, following the theme of her other 3 abilities. Would you still play her?

Assuming I'm right about that, that removing one ability would make the entire frame unappealing, I think that's a bad place to be.

If I'm wrong on that, then I misunderstood Titania a lot harder than I thought.

27 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

Let's say Titania didn't have Razorwings. Her 4 was some kinda weird cc/weak damage like Oberon, following the theme of her other 3 abilities. Would you still play her?

Assuming I'm right about that, that removing one ability would make the entire frame unappealing, I think that's a bad place to be.

If I'm wrong on that, then I misunderstood Titania a lot harder than I thought.

That's more an issue of how you personally view Spellbind, Tribute, and Lantern. I like Spellbind, I like Tribute, and I like the concept of Lantern (but it's got some issues that make it underwhelming). I don't find the abilities unappealing, I find them enjoyable to use, and I don't only play Titania solely for Razorwing. 

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I find them enjoyable to use, and I don't only play Titania solely for Razorwing.

She wouldn't be the first frame I've looked at and thought "I bet this is interesting for someone else", but the part where she has this one really cool thing I wish was more played around is unique I suppose, and I guess that tripped me up. Like, I wouldn't ask for a Nekros rework just because he bores me, I just chuck him into Helminth and play things I like.

I'll leave Titania reworks to more passionate souls.

Thanks for the thoughts, all who replied. I learned things.

Her only bad bit is lantern and even it is (now finally) a ok taunt.

As for interacting in RW that is so sought after, anyone who tried reviving, interacting, hacking or even just looting stars without itzal knows how jank and buggy that is for AW/fly vehicle actors. Jumping out to potato mod is more efficient and optimal for all but power carry either way.

On 2021-05-10 at 4:54 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Just because she has the ability to go Fairy mode and gets much stronger, that doesnt mean you have to spend the whole mission like that.

But it's Titania, obviously you must spend 999% of the time in Razorwing, else you are certainly doing it wrong and should not bother using the frame at that point. /s

1 hour ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

But it's Titania, obviously you must spend 999% of the time in Razorwing, else you are certainly doing it wrong and should not bother using the frame at that point. /s

Not true, her 4th is an Exalted ability, its not ment to be used full time in a mission but activated in moments you face tougher enemies, thats why it has energy drain in the first place. If you like playing her only for her 4th than you are the one doing the wrong. Thats the typical "If it doesnt deal damage then its useless" mentality that ruins the game.

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you like playing her only for her 4th than you are the one doing the wrong. Thats the typical "If it doesnt deal damage then its useless" mentality that ruins the game.

Liking her only for her 4th and thinking it's the only useful thing in her kit are wholly separate opinions. Lantern is my Helminth flex slot, but I find the other two abilities very useful, and even I still only care about using her for her 4. The whole reason I like Razorwing is for the velocity and agile combat maneuvers.

That said, a total rework isn't necessary in the slightest. We especially don't need to replace an actually useful ability with something that basically does what we can already do by just going into operator mode. Tribute's cycling wheel is the sole thing I'd label as "needs some love" only because the all-white icons are hard to tell apart. Color coding would be helpful for that.

On 2021-05-10 at 4:40 PM, Traumtulpe said:

1 makes you status immune, 2 gives 50% DR. Not being able to interact with stuff is a bother though.

I don't think that her tributes Damage Reduction is quite enough personally. If it was affected by mods this would likely help.

Currently each tribute does the following, none are affected by mods:

• Thorns: 50% DR, and 50% Damage Reflection. Shares with allies within 35 meters. If this was raised to 75%, or capped at 85/90% like most other percentile DR and scaled with mods, it would be a huge improvement. As is, this DR isn't enough to be effective against the amount of damage enemies do at higher levels, especially once we consider AoE.
  • Dust: Enemies within 35 meters have a 50% drop in accuracy. If even the range of this was affected by mods, it would be great in conjunction with Thorns, in fact if thorns was 75% and this scaled with range, that would be enough IMO to improve her survivability to an acceptable place IMO. In Warframe accuracy debuffs and Evasion aren't really that good because they scale poorly. The number of enemies and incoming attacks increases far less than the amount of damage they do as we get into higher level content. This means that anything that reduces the number of times you get hit via RNG turns into a "roll a die to die" situation. It simply isn't as effective as it would be in other games. If this was a game that scaled "difficulty" based on quantity and not quality than I wouldn't feel any changes would be needed to the DR nor accuracy as it would give us an effective 75% damage reduction. This also does nothing to help against AoE, if accuracy debuffs reduced AoE splash damage, that would also help.
  • Full Moon: Companions gain 75% more damage and 50% increase to HP and armour. Shared with allies within 35 meters (player distance measured, not companion distance). The damage done by companions is simply too low for this to be all that great currently. If scaled with mods it might make a more notable difference.
  • Entangle: Slows enemies by 25% within 35 meters. Another case of mod based scaling really helping here. Also, I can't tell if it is just me, but it seems like enemy attacks aren't slowed by this instance of slow, which makes it the only slow in the game that doesn't help survivability if I am correct there.

Now, assuming Entangle does actually slow enemy attacks, she should theoretically reduce incoming DPS by 81.25%, if it doesn't then it is only a 75% reduction to incoming DPS. This would be fine if accuracy didn't turn it into RNG to live vs DR's more effective increase to EHP. Instead I find it better to treat accuracy/evasion as only 50% as much as it claims, giving us a new pair of incoming DPS reductions of 71.875%/62.5% depending on if slow does or does not reduce attack rate. Mod based scaling would help with so much of this, even if it was given a bunch of really low caps. Naturally keeping moving does help make up for the lack luster effectiveness of the accuracy debuff and low DR.

To me Titania has a fun playstyle, but since much of what I do these days suffers from the Steel Path gear check issue, where it feels more and more like you're forced into Razorwing, I don't get to enjoy her like I would like to.

Her passive gives her healing on every ability cast

Spellbind is an effective CC with a few other bits to it that make it great.

Razorwing might be one of the most powerful and effective exalted abilities in the game.

Lantern is a passable ability which if given scaling damage somehow, would be an amazing AoE damage/CC/Taunt hybrid ability.

The only ability that I really lament and feel is held back is Tribute, and I broke down my issues with it in depth above. I don't even want a rework really, just a buff.

32 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

I don't think that her tributes Damage Reduction is quite enough personally.

You won't have trouble surviving anything with this build, in fact you don't usually want the damage reduction from Thorns, to get more energy from damage taken:

AvleMuh.png

8 hours ago, squirrel_killer- said:

The only ability that I really lament and feel is held back is Tribute, and I broke down my issues with it in depth above. I don't even want a rework really, just a buff.

Tribute is really the weakest link.. It severely affects the flow of gameplay with having a fast, twitchy frame that then has like.. 4 timers, an awkward cycle through ability with 4 abilities,  and a weirdly punishing design where you have to play fetch and pick up the buffs yourself because the Razorflies aren't reliable enough at doing it, and the buffs aren't really that special to warrant this weird behavior.. In the end, I found that it didn't really offer enough to use anymore and started to Helminth it off of each Titania build, then found that the survivability it offers isn't even enough to make much of a difference on Steel Path - actually, if anything, you can get yourself killed by tunnel visioning on picking up buffs and watching timers and not having to deal with that anymore and just focusing on attacking while moving is more effective than having Tribute from my experience.. Removing it ultimately made her feel much more fun and flowy to play. I would really like to see its use streamlined a lot with the skills combined down to 2 or 3 to eliminate fiddling with the cycling as much, making the buffs automatically pick up, vacuum towards Titania or anything to really make them feel less janky..

Lantern really just needs to cast faster, I think scaling damage or something like that might be really fun but my biggest issue with it is that it's just too kludgey to use on a regular basis and I only occasionally use it if it's really needed. It's awkwardly slow.

While not an ability, it just has to be noted that Diwata really sucks, so you just lean on Dex Pixia all of the time, boosting Diwata so the player has an actual incentive to vary their attacks would help make her feel a lot more fun.

For mods, I'd really like an alternative to Razorwing Blitz, too.. The fact that it provides a needed DPS boost to deal with high level and steel path content well is nice, but the way that it messes with how flowy and fun her flight is by making it so you won't slow down while aiming anymore and removing the dramatic feeling of flight with the sort of dead hover she does when you're not set to "sprint" when flying makes her way less fun to just fly with it on.. It kills most of her fun for me.

On one hand, I can agree with a lot of the criticism: Titania has always been a bit of a lopsided frame, because her 4 is pretty much the only reason she's picked, while her 1, 2, and 3 may as well not exist most of the time. I'd say she does fine against Nullifiers, as her Dex Pixia is particularly well-suited to taking them down, but she could certainly use some degree of power redistribution between her current 4 and the rest of her kit.

On the other hand, I'm not sure the proposed rework goes about trying to fix these problems in the best way: making Titania's most iconic ability available from the start may make leveling her easier, but doesn't inherently solve the issue of her other abilities being just... there. The new abilities in question I don't think would help this either: Little Helpers just looks like it's designed to make the game run by itself, whereas Full Moon is basically her current 1 with bigger stats, which includes the degree of redundancy between it and Lantern. I think it's fine to have a frame's most thematically important ability be unlocked at level 10 (Excalibur and Sevagoth do this just fine, for example), it's just that there's likely more to be done to make her kit less loaded around her 4, and more interesting elsewhere.

As a different take, here's how I'd go about altering Titania:

Spoiler

Passive: Enemies that die after being hit by Titania's attacks or abilities spawn a Razorfly, up to a cap of 6. Each Razorfly's health and damage scales with the victim's level, and these drones attack nearby enemies while Titania is in combat. While at least one Razorfly is active, a portion of all damage dealt to Titania is redirected to the lowest-health Razorfly instead.

1 - Spellbind: Titania cleanses herself and nearby allies of status effects, granting herself and affected allies status immunity for a duration. While the ability lasts, Titania and affected allies disarm very nearby enemies for the remainder of its duration.

• Augment changed to grant the Energy after disarming 4 enemies while affected by Spellbind.

2 - Tribute: Titania commands her Razorflies to sacrifice themselves and dive-bomb enemies in the target area, dealing Impact damage proportionate to their attack damage. Each Razorfly drops either a health orb, an Energy orb, or a universal ammo case, while enemies killed create a zone of dust for a duration, causing all enemy attacks within to miss.

3 - Lantern: Damage over time removed, affected enemies instead lose a portion of their armor every second. Additionally, damaging the Lantern source adds a percentage of the damage dealt to the final explosion.

4 - Razorwing: No longer spawns Razorflies of its own, evasion bonus removed.

TL;DR: Move Razorflies away from Titania's 4 onto her passive, make her 1 easier to cast, make Tribute more meaningful a utility effect, and make Lantern generally more useful as both a debuff tool and a damage ability. Ideally, this should create a loop where Titania builds up an army of Razorflies constantly through her attacks and abilities, uses her 3 to bunch enemies together and facilitate killing, and uses her 1 and 2 to give herself and her team resources and protection as needed.

On 2021-05-10 at 12:26 PM, Zeddypanda said:

Abilities 1, 2 and 3 are clunky

That's honestly one of the few QoL Titania can benefit nicely from, but it's not necessarily required: faster casting animations. It contradicts her nimble nature as a fairy.

Spellbind serves as a cheap disarm, mobile Status Immunity, and quick way to refresh Titania's Upsurge passive (healing). Not everything needs to be killed on sight.

Tribute's non-scaleable Auras is doubled edge honestly. A base Duration of 120 seconds is nice, along with how Range stays consistent. The effects of the Auras, particularly Entangle and Full Moon, could be changed to have a more noticeable and beneficial effect.

Lantern is honestly heavily underestimated. It can group up enemies while halting their aggression most of the time. Most players don't realize that the Lanterned victim is converted into an ally. That means you can "steal" enemy auras such as Ancient Healers/Toxic Ancients, Eximi Auras. Her Lanterns will distract Arbitration Drones as they cannot tether to the Lanterned victim.

All in all, Titania doesn't need a full rework; your suggested changes adds so much to one ability cast that it would be overpowering/make her effortless.

On 2021-05-11 at 4:16 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you like playing her only for her 4th than you are the one doing the wrong. Thats the typical "If it doesnt deal damage then its useless" mentality that ruins the game.

Indeed. Using just one playstyle gets really stale in the long run. Even if you're not using Titania constantly in her Razorwing, she's still fairly mobile due to her 25% stronger bullet jumps along with her CC from Spellbind and particularly Lantern.

Archived