Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Speed Nova better than Slow in every scenario?

3 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

That's an early-mission problem. You don't have to use it for like the first 30 mins, but then go for it after that once you've stacked enough drops. And if you aren't going for long endurance runs in the first place, it literally doesn't matter what warframe or what weapon you're running.

The battery drops don't persist forever. It's common to revisit an area far away from the last excavator and have no battery drops that used to litter the area.

I saw this yesterday in an Arbitration in one of those Europa tilesets.... we had a slow Nova. And yes, even 30+ minutes in, I still sometimes had to go a ways away to get battery packs.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Why use speed or slow when you can use both?

Make a speed build, toss on Empower over that Wormhole (or over Null Star if you're feeling risky), add Energy Conversion, and you got yourself a very versatile build for most content in the game.

I've been trying to build a Variable Speed Nova for some time now.

On 2021-05-16 at 1:18 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Exaclty when and where is bringing a speed nova a really bad idea?

Because nobody mentioned it so far, for me the obvious are RESCUE missions.
It makes absolutely no sense to have them run after your weak objective in max speed.
I bring my Slow-Nova to those missions, for that reason.

-c0y

Is Speed Nova better than Slow in every scenario?

No.

When you're in over your head, slow is better.  This is going to depend on your skill level, your builds, and what enemies you're facing.  When I was a new player, survivability was a big issue.  As I gained access to new gear, more leveled mods, and increases in skill, survivability became less of an issue.  And once you can survive, you don't need more survivability; once you cross that threshold, that's when you're looking for more speed.  But if you're looking for more speed before you can survive, you're just going to make things harder for yourself.

I still play with friends who aren't nearly as well-versed in the game as I am, and they always thank me for bringing Slova to missions because it makes the game more manageable for them.

Archived