Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats a good gun for the necramech?

(XBOX)Tr8ter83

Question

So i'm generally curious what are the good or best arch-guns to use for a voidrig? I've been using the mausolon  for the entirety of having it i've tried to get the grattler but i don't want to farm the oxium so i'm wondering what arch-gun should i get for my necramech? 

20 answers to this question

... I feel like Velocitus fits best... Also works better than the Grattler.

Don't take me wrong, my Archgun is definitely the Grattler. I can't see myself using anything else both in Archwing missions and on normal missions... But for a Necramech? Velocitus fits better and works better...

Mausolon will only start to feel great after you put a couple of formas in it.

Which in that case: most gun does.

My personal favorite for cc contents is fluctus for its somewhat infinite punch through. Of course, after a couple of formas. But it can be absolutely useless for bigger bosses because of their janky hitboxes.

For those big baddies my personal recommendation would be the imperator vandal modded for maximum fire rate. Also need couple other formas so you can squeeze in the damage and elemental mods.

The Larkspur is my general-use one for most situations I'd deploy a necramech. Mod for heat and viral and it'll shred most things you throw at it and the AoE chaining works very nicely. Never found much use for the alternate fire besides the lulz of watching a hoard of foes blasted skyward. Mausolon would be a close second, hits like a truck and the magazine capacity is nice.

For Orphix the Fluctus is still nice, clunky to use against actual enemies but for taking out resonators fast it's excellent.

57 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

Larkspur is my favorite for nuking regular AW enemies.  It seeks and spreads out great, which is awesome for the more 3D environment of space, but its lack of overall oomph makes it less desirable against ground enemies that would be more vulnerable to splash damage.

Cortege I like the flamethrower fire mode and the damage potential, but since mechs are mostly open world, and open world has pretty big spaces, it leaves some pretty big gaps in engagement envelopes.  I haven't tried it in space, but I've heard the ranges are different and an AW has proper mobility, so it would likely be highly effective there.

My impression of morgha versus Mausolon might be skewed since I haven't really done a side by side test with same elements, but morgha feels like a maus with a larger effective explosion area per shot, and more damage per shot, with downside of arcing, scattering projectiles which would be harder but not impossible to control at longer ranges.  This means that for me, more targets die per shot, and bigger targets die with fewer shots, at least at close to medium ranges.  (Sometimes it even feels more effective than arq because of cast time, fire rate and accuracy issues with arq.)  This is what I mainly use on my mech.

The Cortege has 500 range in space which is fine in AW missions, but pretty abyssmal in Railjack.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

If you're going up against infested then the Cortege does marvalous. My next one to try is the Larkspur followed by the Morgha. Can;t comment on those.

Larkspur is my favorite for nuking regular AW enemies.  It seeks and spreads out great, which is awesome for the more 3D environment of space, but its lack of overall oomph makes it less desirable against ground enemies that would be more vulnerable to splash damage.

Cortege I like the flamethrower fire mode and the damage potential, but since mechs are mostly open world, and open world has pretty big spaces, it leaves some pretty big gaps in engagement envelopes.  I haven't tried it in space, but I've heard the ranges are different and an AW has proper mobility, so it would likely be highly effective there.

My impression of morgha versus Mausolon might be skewed since I haven't really done a side by side test with same elements, but morgha feels like a maus with a larger effective explosion area per shot, and more damage per shot, with downside of arcing, scattering projectiles which would be harder but not impossible to control at longer ranges.  This means that for me, more targets die per shot, and bigger targets die with fewer shots, at least at close to medium ranges.  (Sometimes it even feels more effective than arq because of cast time, fire rate and accuracy issues with arq.)  This is what I mainly use on my mech.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Mausolon is like an improved Grattler. It's a bit of a different gun in usability and visuals, but it has similar style in shooting bullets that explode on impact. The Mausolon is just better in every way. In terms of which Archgun is the best... well Mausolon is one of if not the best Archguns at the moment. However there are Archguns that perform better in certain situations like the Fluctus and the Corvas. For Eidolons... well I'd use the Arquebex, but if you don't want that then the Velocitus does really well too.

If you're going up against infested then the Cortege does marvelous. My next one to try is the Larkspur followed by the Morgha. Can;t comment on those.

ok heres the thing i love the idea of the cortege but im not mr 14 so i cant use it but looking at it i would love to use it

Mausolon is like an improved Grattler. It's a bit of a different gun in usability and visuals, but it has similar style in shooting bullets that explode on impact. The Mausolon is just better in every way. In terms of which Archgun is the best... well Mausolon is one of if not the best Archguns at the moment. However there are Archguns that perform better in certain situations like the Fluctus and the Corvas. For Eidolons... well I'd use the Arquebex, but if you don't want that then the Velocitus does really well too.

If you're going up against infested then the Cortege does marvalous. My next one to try is the Larkspur followed by the Morgha. Can;t comment on those.

3 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

well, the velocitus I did for a specific scenario.  For more general use, maus, or kuva ayanga might play better.  I never got big into grattler so can't really compare that, though I expect it to sit in a middle ground trying to cover 2 niches that more focused guns do better (rough prediction based on when I ranked it for the mastery).  Granted, rank up all the things, if only for mastery, but still, I invested in velocitus because I heard it might be a hidden gem for a specific enemy.  I've forma'd 10 of the 15 archguns, (4-5 for specific enemies/missions.)  Of the 5 I haven't invested forma, 2 have role overlap, 2 are obsolete, 1 might be okay but I have no real use for it. 

I'd consider investing more heavily into maus (forma, good mods) at this point.  It has a reputation as "best" archgun right now, going any other direction would be more a matter of specialization.

oh okay thanks yeah ill stick with maus unless the kuva grattler is suddenly op

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tr8ter83 said:

well here's the thing i'm not mr 15 so no morgha but i will try velocitus

well, the velocitus I did for a specific scenario.  For more general use, maus, or kuva ayanga might play better.  I never got big into grattler so can't really compare that, though I expect it to sit in a middle ground trying to cover 2 niches that more focused guns do better (rough prediction based on when I ranked it for the mastery).  Granted, rank up all the things, if only for mastery, but still, I invested in velocitus because I heard it might be a hidden gem for a specific enemy.  I've forma'd 10 of the 15 archguns, (4-5 for specific enemies/missions.)  Of the 5 I haven't invested forma, 2 have role overlap, 2 are obsolete, 1 might be okay but I have no real use for it. 

I'd consider investing more heavily into maus (forma, good mods) at this point.  It has a reputation as "best" archgun right now, going any other direction would be more a matter of specialization.

Depends on context.  I'm using morgha for most stuff (shoots like a mini-arquebex), fluctus when I need punch through (orphix missions), and I recently forma'd up velocitus to try out on eidolons (though in that case you can use your mech in place of a gravimag and try out enemy specific stuff.)  Keep in mind the ranges feel different in mech mode than in space, so a good space gun might not make an ideal mech gun and vice versa.

Archived