Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know this is one of many but please fix rivens with locked stats

(PSN)grunge788

4 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Fix?

wouldn't stat locking do the opposite? and Break the rivens system?

it will break the riven trading, not the system

11 minutes ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

this is making me insane please help Steve

never gonna happen as long as it keeps people playing more
even if it's implemented it's gonna be in a way that makes you play even more with more rng 

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

it will break the riven trading, not the system

Well, that is their most Significant function isn't it?

Trading

the Platinum economy effects of Rivens are much more dramatic, than the meager dps percentages they actually produce in practice. -many weapons are perfectly viable with no riven at all; its just a difference of how much More Overkill a riven adds.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well, that is their most Significant function isn't it?

Trading

From my perspective - completely no.
I like rivens to boost something, to compliment a build and to look pretty in the modding screen.
I don't care about riven trading at all. I've done it, I made some plat but it's a giant waste of time imo.

Yep only thing it will break is price of rivens but betting if it cost severl million kuva per groll most will still buy and pay high prices. Also im aware this post will probably go nowhere and rivens may never get lock stats steve even said 2 steams ago he has no plans doing anything to rivens. Im just saying i suport riven lock system if that counts for anything.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well, 1 person, does not an Economy make.

I was of course referring to their Significance across the game as a whole; not any single person's perspective.

I'm not the only one that feels this way btw, also the trading is a by  product of the rng, not the point of the rivens.(it's a point for "DE makes more moneh", but not the in-game point for using rivens)
It's the same thing with all the trading - it's functional because at the end someone wants to use a thing, not the process to get it is the main goal.
That's why the game is catering to new players all the time, because if they weren't at some time everyone will have everything and the trading will stop and everything else will stop.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Ok we are getting somewhere there must be some middle ground that will benefit both sides if 500,000 kuva is to little make it 5,000,000 kuva per lock

I'll share a little story since you seem to be new lol.

When steel path was released, kuva was easier to get, but you had to stay in a mission for like 3 hours to get the most of it. Die hard gamers were getting 400+ essence in one mission. At 15 essence for 10k kuva, thats like 250k kuva for one endurance mission. Let's say you have a few days off and do this a few times a day for 3 days.....it can add up quick, but you've also used a lot of your time.

It made people feel forced to burn themselves out and DE changed it to what it is now. 

If DE opens this door, there will be people sacrificing their health and well being to spam kuva farms and rush to make god roll rivens to sell. And I have a feeling they probably don't wanna deal with the fallout of that.

How 'bout you stop hurting yourself op and just try playing without riven ?

There is not a singular piece of content in the game that requires you to have a god riven, or any riven at all for that matter.

So please stop asking for riven changes that would move it from "funny fun fun trolilol got a stupid strong riven on this stupid weak weapon" to "if your weapon doesn't have a cc/cd riven, it is very sub optimal". 

Let it be random, let it be dumb. The instant you make rivens reliably obtainable, they will become a mandatory stage of powering a weapon, just as potatos and forma.

the only change I'd like to see for rivens is the ability to improve the numbers on rolls through a valence fusion system, because there's nothing worse than getting cd/cc/ms/-zoom but having every stat be the absolute minimum

21 minutes ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Im not new i still farm +400 steel essence missions in 2 hours and i did when it started the riven system now as of today is causing me the sacrifice healh. 

if you're saying this is literally hurting you, then it's time to stop. immediately.

no videogame is worth your mental health. 

29 minutes ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Im not new i still farm +400 steel essence missions in 2 hours and i did when it started the riven system now as of today is causing me the sacrifice healh. 

Well ain't you a sucker, get some help and play smarter, Rome wasn't built in a day.

The amount of players nowadays who want want want, DE would need bigger servers for the data for what you want.

Dang you guys are hard to bargain with one minute your worried about healh next your claiming im asking for buffs and handouts.Also i guess DE needs bigger servers just for me i must be hardcore gamer. Are groll rivens now susposed to take as long to roll as it took to build rome?

1 minute ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Dang you guys are hard to bargain with one minute your worried about healh next your claiming im asking for buffs and handouts.Also i guess DE needs bigger servers just for me i must be hardcore gamer. Are groll rivens now susposed to take as long to roll as it took to build rome?

ok?

what do you need that 'god roll' riven for?

1 minute ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

You have an addiction you need help at God Rolls Anonymous:tongue:

With you rolling a riven over 700 times for whatever reason which escapes me, most stats are reasonably good after a few rolls most times, getting that one awesome god roll is like sitting there playing the one arm bandits, it might drop one eventually or not, by your 700 rolls = not. :shocked: to me that just seems crazy.

Data servers for what you're asking of them is to remember multiple stats on one riven while you roll it.

5 hours ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Please fix riven system with lock stats charge 500,000 per lock and double rerolls after lock to 7k per roll please. Rolled riven 742 times and got +cc +ms 3 times this is making me insane please help Steve

have you tried stopping? riven rolling is gambling with thousands of possibilities and a certain possibility of driving you insane.

i haven't tried hard rolling rivens since i tried to get groll for my vectis a year ago, 380 and no dice

I gave up on rivens entirely if one weapon ever gets a good disposition and becomes useful it will be nerfed to worthless over time.  So I just pretend they don't exsist anymore.  I have 400k kuva    just from doing sorti's I don't even bother unlocking rivens anymore.

7 hours ago, (PSN)grunge788 said:

Please fix riven system with lock stats charge 500,000 per lock and double rerolls after lock to 7k per roll please. Rolled riven 742 times and got +cc +ms 3 times this is making me insane please help Steve

Didn't read the thread but... a half million dollars per lock seems a little steep to me.

2 hours ago, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

If you want an example of why DE has to show some restraint and why they should be commended for doing so then here it is.

It could be worse, sure.  And there are elements to  rivens  I enjoy. But I don't think they deserve kudos for not making the system even more horrible.  Because it is more bad than good.

Archived