Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I despise railjack. Here's why...

(PSN)thorfinn01

Pre Mission.
The thought of going into combat, by choice, from a base with unlimited resources, with virtually no ordinance, most people with 5/8 of f**k all energy, a resource empty forge even though you have thousands of the required resource is, at best, suicidal. Just thinking about it angers me to the point that there's ZERO FUN in any mission.
Out side of 1 wf mod, there is nothing you can do about this. That's just crap.

Crew.
Forge crew - You have one job. move from forge to forge resupplying all the things available there. FAIL they don't resupply ANYTHING. They may as well not be on board.
Gunnery Crew - You have 1 job. Shoot. 50% FAIL. While you do shoot occasionally, it's not nearly enough.
Ship protection - FAIL. even though you have the best weapons I have you can't kill anything to literally save your life.

Missions.
I just spent 1 and a half hours opening 3 Axi relics.
Not because I needed anything from the relic. If I need anything I'll go run an origin capture for under 10 min to get the same result. (I Hate the time sink of the missions)
Not because I needed resources that are only available in railjack and in no other place in the entire game. I have so many of them it's ridiculous. (Stupid empty forge.)
Not because I need jack parts. (Although I must admit the now Endo is so much better than Dirac)
Not because I need jack mods. (Filler to make it appear a player has been 'Rewarded')
Not because I want to rank up weapons. (Taking rank up equipment in solo will mostly just get you killed.)
But because I am FORCED to. (so middle management can show off 'stats' of how much their jack'n is loved.)

After all of that, the one thing I was actually after (Holokey) which supposedly drop at a rate of 35.7% (or once every 3 missions) still didn't drop. (Because DE's RNG is programmed to be CRAP!) I can not wait to get the required 160 keys so I can once again drop jack'n faster than the bucket of sh*t it is. 

Then there's boarding parties. Shooter crew cant kill them on the way in and with the amount of enemies deployed I've cracked relics from simply repelling borders. As a solo player that's NO FUN.

Fixes
Each time a mission is started frames get a 1 time boost to full energy.
A railjack starts with 2 'missiles' and gets a +1 for each planet cleared OR forge starts at LEAST half full.
If you allocate a crew member to do a thing they should do the thing.
Have a mission in each proxima where a reasonable amount of ship killing is the only task. (Solo mission time under 15 min. ships drop reactant in void storm.)
Lower numbers of enemies in boarding parties OR Starting with the pre update numbers add a few with each player in the team (crew don't count.)

Do ALL of that, and you may make railjack bearable.

Let me help you:

Get someone with gunnery 5 on the turret, mod your Railjack for damage, equip a Zetki Pulsar

Give your defender a good AoE gun or an Ignis Wraith.

Put someone on repairs.

Now your RJ is invincible and deletes fighters. Wait until you get a Veil Spy mission and use Limbo or something similarly fast; Acquire Holokeys at a barely acceptable rate.

1 hour ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

Already exist in game exilus mod you can buy from Arbiters of hexis for 30 virtus the mod called Preperation. Fully ranked starts you off with 100% energy on start of mission or after you die or enter each sanctum room.

After all of that, the one thing I was actually after (Holokey) which supposedly drop at a rate of 35.7% (or once every 3 missions) still didn't drop

The only mission type I have been able to get these at an acceptable rate is Spy. I got 7 or 8 drops in 10 runs of Spy. I got one drop in seven runs of other stuff. Do spy, it is quicker and more efficient. No mission is going to be that efficient solo - find a partner or group to run with, everyone needs holokeys at the moment.

RJ is pretty simple at the moment. You just need decent crew. I like to take two gunners and one engineer. The goal is to have 5/5 for gunnery and engineering on each of them, so the crew are interchangeable. Most of the issues you are describing seem to be things that are not problems for many people.

• You should start with at least two dome charges each new mission.
  • If you need energy place some pads.

He's right about the RJ forge starting off empty - its pathetic.

He's also right about the energy - DE's nerf of RJ by making it more solo where warframe energy is used instead of the RJs was a big mistake.

But the rest, just work out how to mod your RJ, even with NPC crew it can be invincible and missions wiped in a couple of minutes.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

The only mission type I have been able to get these at an acceptable rate is Spy. I got 7 or 8 drops in 10 runs of Spy. I got one drop in seven runs of other stuff. Do spy, it is quicker and more efficient. No mission is going to be that efficient solo - find a partner or group to run with, everyone needs holokeys at the moment.

Purely anecdotal RNG. And I disagree that nothing is more efficient. Basic exterminatus choices are still faster than spy.

The real problem is the wildly variant and unpredictable RNG of how much time it takes to get in the Capital Ship. If your mission rolls 2 POIs and 3 Crewships, you might as well literally abort to drydock and re-launch, hoping you get something less tedious. Especially solo, where you're stuck doing each of the tasks yourself (while the void storm drains off all your RJ's health, and your Engi decides to leave it sometimes until the last 2 seconds before fixing that hull breach..)

On the other end of the spectrum there's "just pop 3-6 security nodes and hop on in" which takes no time at all.

39 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Purely anecdotal RNG. And I disagree that nothing is more efficient. Basic exterminatus choices are still faster than spy.

I can only recommend what I found worked well for me. That’s why I am saying to do spy missions. The efficiency wasn’t due to how long the mission took, it was hit rate on getting keys - the spies were all less than 10 minutes though. The exterminate missions I tried on Neptune were faster to complete, but had a much lower hit rate.

• Of course it is just anecdotal evidence. I would need to do ten times as many runs to get results of statistical significance.

4 hours ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

After all of that, the one thing I was actually after (Holokey) which supposedly drop at a rate of 35.7% (or once every 3 missions) still didn't drop. (Because DE's RNG is programmed to be CRAP!)

Thats not how RNG works. At the end of the mission you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting some holikeys. Just because you do three missions doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get some.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats not how RNG works. At the end of the mission you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting some holikeys. Just because you do three missions doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get some.

More specifically at the end of 3 missions you have (100-37.5 = 62.5%) ^3 = 24.4% chance of not having seen any key drops in that isolated set of runs. Bottom-quarter of chance is hardly yet worth complaining about! Now, if it was bottom quarter of a percent, maybe.. but that'd be 12.75 runs with no key drops. :clem:

Well, after ~30 opened relics I have 19 holokeys. But I got 8 Savagoth parts I don't even need.

The grind is real. 

Since the latest Railjack revisited I don't even like Railjack anymore because of the changes to energy which limits which frames to use (but that is a different story). I guess I'll stop doing these void storms completely if they take twice the amount of time to open a relic compared to normal missions and the reward structure being such terrible.

Energy is not an issue for me but I do like your idea, in the mean time you can use Protea's Dispensary and Zenurik's Energizing Dash, or use Lavos which makes everything work on cooldowns and not energy.

The forge is truly a disaster, forging by itself is a pain because of all the delays DE adds to their UIs, and having to collect resources to forge domes when I might just want to play 1 mission is a nightmare, it completely breaks the flow of railjack, the forge should be something you use between missions, NOT at the f***ing start.

One thing you didn't mention that I personally despise, is the inability to go back straight to the orbiter, stop taking me to the damn dojo, I don't want to load a level just so I can load another level, it makes me feel trapped in that ship and I always fear some bug might occur when it goes back to the dojo.

On 2021-07-12 at 7:50 AM, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

Pre Mission.
The thought of going into combat, by choice, from a base with unlimited resources, with virtually no ordinance, most people with 5/8 of f**k all energy, a resource empty forge even though you have thousands of the required resource is, at best, suicidal. Just thinking about it angers me to the point that there's ZERO FUN in any mission.
Out side of 1 wf mod, there is nothing you can do about this. That's just crap.

Crew.
Forge crew - You have one job. move from forge to forge resupplying all the things available there. FAIL they don't resupply ANYTHING. They may as well not be on board.
Gunnery Crew - You have 1 job. Shoot. 50% FAIL. While you do shoot occasionally, it's not nearly enough.
Ship protection - FAIL. even though you have the best weapons I have you can't kill anything to literally save your life.

Missions.
I just spent 1 and a half hours opening 3 Axi relics.
Not because I needed anything from the relic. If I need anything I'll go run an origin capture for under 10 min to get the same result. (I Hate the time sink of the missions)
Not because I needed resources that are only available in railjack and in no other place in the entire game. I have so many of them it's ridiculous. (Stupid empty forge.)
Not because I need jack parts. (Although I must admit the now Endo is so much better than Dirac)
Not because I need jack mods. (Filler to make it appear a player has been 'Rewarded')
Not because I want to rank up weapons. (Taking rank up equipment in solo will mostly just get you killed.)
But because I am FORCED to. (so middle management can show off 'stats' of how much their jack'n is loved.)

After all of that, the one thing I was actually after (Holokey) which supposedly drop at a rate of 35.7% (or once every 3 missions) still didn't drop. (Because DE's RNG is programmed to be CRAP!) I can not wait to get the required 160 keys so I can once again drop jack'n faster than the bucket of sh*t it is. 

Then there's boarding parties. Shooter crew cant kill them on the way in and with the amount of enemies deployed I've cracked relics from simply repelling borders. As a solo player that's NO FUN.

Fixes
A railjack starts with 2 'missiles' and gets a +1 for each planet cleared OR forge starts at LEAST half full.
If you allocate a crew member to do a thing they should do the thing.
Have a mission in each proxima where a reasonable amount of ship killing is the only task. (Solo mission time under 15 min. ships drop reactant in void storm.)
Lower numbers of enemies in boarding parties OR Starting with the pre update numbers add a few with each player in the team (crew don't count.)

The funny thing about Railjack is Solo runs smoother than Squad Play there. Solo runs is smooth with very little Bugs but when going to a Public Squad or a Friend Team, the Game let hell break loose and the GameMode becomes next to unbearable.

The energy problem is just not a problem. Drop a couple of energy pads, use the "Preparation" mod, bring dispensary/protea, bring lavos etc are all options you can use to solve that completely. I wouldn't recommend hildryn however, while her shields are used for the abilities they take a long time to recharge.

A rank 5 gunner with maxed hitscan guns on the railjack deletes fighters so fast that they are just not a threat due to their aimbot level aim.

Once you fill stuff up in the forge it also increases the max capacity, which remains increased until you return to your orbiter. Meaning if you get 8 dome charges ready once you will have all 8 refilled every time you load a new mission, even if you return to the dojo. Though if you end up not being host this resets as well. It would however be nice if you started with more than two dome charges, preferably either 6 or 8 as that's how many crew ships usually need to be blasted.
Forge crew is not a thing at all, the engineer crew will just fix damage to the ship such as hull breaches and fires. Something they do without any repair juice cost as far as i know, meaning that with a good engineer your ship is literally indestructible.

Get void cloak, that should give you plenty of time to vaporize some boarders and return to the pilot seat. At least i generally find the boarding pods easy enough to evade and blow up before they make it to the ship as well, they should be your priority target when they are launched. You can get plenty of corrupted enemies when you do the objectives anyway. Don't put a crewmember on the pilot seat as they are idiots and will just circle the objective, even if its hammering them with gunfire. If the objective has no guns they can be useful though as they will blow up radiators.

Archived