Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Faction Forma

damongautama

With the use of faction mods seemingly on the increase with the new gun situation, I'm sure I'm not the only one often ending up in a mission then realizing that I hadn't switched out the faction mod before hand. It would be lovely to have a faction forma I could mark a mod slot with, and have the right mod swapped in without my having to remember it each time. I would still have to obtain each one and endo them up, so it would be purely a QOL change. 

This may not be the suggestion you would like, but I use the Loadout Menu from Navigation to swap out my prearranged builds. I often rename my builds to make it easier for me to remember, one of the things you can do is use the Text Icons feature in the loadout names.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Text_Icons

This feature allows you to use symbols like ByT7x8O.png and Tygv1Wh.png and more in Mod Config names and Loadout names.

It won't remind you to switch your faction damage mods, but it will help increase visibility.

no thanks. we already have regular Forma, Umbra Forma, Stance Forma and Aura Forma to keep track of, I'd rather not add to the pile. the latter of those two, Stance and Aura, were totally unnecessary and could have been avoided by making Stance and Aura slots their own unique polarity with which all mods are compatible. then you would be able to use whatever Stance/Aura you desire without worrying about capacity or not liking the stance and having to forma for it.

The faction damage mods don't make a lot of sense and need to be rethought.

They're a flat damage increase for your weapon, but their gimmick is... you need to swap them out on every weapon, every mission for them to be useful? Perhaps in the regular star chart where you're going against a planet full of the same enemies at a time, but beyond that high level gameplay is mostly rotating alert-style missions aside from boss hunts that are usually a different faction (like fissures and SP incursions)

8 hours ago, damongautama said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one often ending up in a mission then realizing that I hadn't switched out the faction mod before hand.

I cant relate. Void missions are rare and slotting faction mods for Corpus and Infested is overkill outside of niches like the Index (for which I have a loadout). So i slot Grineer ones and forget about it. 

I would say whatever mission the node has listed as the current enemy faction is what it would swap the mod out for. Example: void fissure on Earth would swap out to the grineer mods since the faction there is them. For invasions, it might be more challenging but I would say whatever side you choose it swaps out to the opposition is. This is the best way I see the system working.

9 hours ago, Kaiga said:

They're a flat damage increase for your weapon, but their gimmick is... you need to swap them out on every weapon, every mission for them to be useful? Perhaps in the regular star chart where you're going against a planet full of the same enemies at a time, but beyond that high level gameplay is mostly rotating alert-style missions aside from boss hunts that are usually a different faction (like fissures and SP incursions)

That's their trade-off. They're a final damage multiplier but you have to manage them on a mission-per-mission basis. These mods have always been good, but most players are just lazy.

10 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

As DE thinks "preparation phase" is a fun part of the game.

But modding and choosing which frame/weapon you took for a mission (you know, the "preparation phase") it's fun and a core mechanic of the game since its inception, what are your reasons to imply that it isn't fun and that fun it's just on DE minds?

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

That's their trade-off. They're a final damage multiplier but you have to manage them on a mission-per-mission basis. These mods have always been good, but most players are just lazy.

I'm pretty sure they were overlooked because the launch 3 were useless when the Void was endgame. Bane of Grineer, Corpus and Infested were released on launch 2013, but we didn't get Bane of Corrupted until 2017. 

Unconditional multipliers always take precedence. Base Damage, Multi-shot, Crits, Elements just boost damage without having to fulfill special conditions already take up 6 slots.

When you think about it, Hunter Munitions is basically a Bane mod in that it's "meh" against unarmored units. 

13 hours ago, Kaiga said:

My idea for Bane mods would be to change them into weak combined elemental mods with the exception of Viral.

+30%/+55% Damage to Faction ---> +30%/55% Combined Element

Bane of Grineer: +30% Corrosive

Bane of Corpus: +30% Magnetic

Bane of Infested: +30% Gas

Bane of Corrupted: +30% Radiation

In exchange for lower numbers compared to a traditional Base Element, these mods would allow you to combo otherwise exclusive elements together, a throwback to the old Rainbow Damage. Of course, Crit weapons are tight on space and would find limited use for these, but these would be incredibly useful on a status primer for the various Condition Overload type mods in the game.

The ability to run Corrosive + Viral + Heat would open up the viability of more weapons in the Steel Path.

Archived