Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunts Being Locked to Day/Night Cycle needs to Go!

Reaver_X

3 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

I don't mind having different views on something. But I don't agree to do anything. And if you don't got 2 hours for any day throughout the week, I have NO IDEA why you are playing warframe. 

Just for your future reference "agree to disagree" is when people decide to tolerate the opposing positions, even when they do not accept it as the best choice.

Also What makes you think warframe is the only game I play ? It is defintely one of my most played games which I enjoy in short bursts but not the only game I have in my library.

And why does anyone play anything , Entertainment mate , the whole point of games is entertainment. I do enjoy playing warframe , but there are parts I dislike and parts I do like.

On 2021-09-25 at 11:08 PM, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

I still don't agree with what you're saying. I respect what you want but I see it as shortsighted in how it may impact eidolons hunts as a whole. 

I just believe that your idea for it was the best idea you've had towards it. I still disagree with changing eidolons. And I don't think anything is perfect but eidolons aren't broken and if you were to improve something that's already good, you'd have to think of how the changes would impact all of the positive aspects of the mode as well. Which I do not believe you are seeing. I get your point. I understand that playing any time you want is something that would seem convenient for you but as a whole, the experience would change for experienced eidolon players. It's a relatively minor change as well that's easy to combat. Just play the mission at night. They were designed to be played at night my guy. Yeah. You can make it playable in the day, but why would you need to do it in the day anyways? What part of eidolons are mandatory? It's not like eidolons are a major part of the game and an obstacle to proceed throughout the game. Like you aren't gonna have a quest (besides revenant's which isn't a major quest) and it's gonna be gated behind a time of day. All the stuff like that is side quests anyways. Stuff like the silver grove. Non important stuff.

Eidolons are slowly becoming more and more mandatory as the game pushes further into upgrading our operator as a means of progress. People often think that upgraded operators and amps are only mandatory for eidolons but they are forgetting chains of harrow and the umbra quest which suck massive world sized peanuts if you go into them without any magus or more powerful amps to buff your operator. The magus that upgrade most of your operators core stats are in the quills, most of the best amp parts are in the quills. You can't progress through quills without eidolons so yes I think eidolons need to be more accessible.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

You act as if DE cares. They don't. Players offer ideas. Players off suggestions. Players are ignored

To be fair... DE has made it clear that they want Feedback first and Foremost.... They made no mention of wanting Suggestions and Solutions....

15 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If that's all you took away from this discussion then you didn't get it at all.

Have a good night or day.

Thats why i ignored him/her.... He's/she's so out of control 😱 !!!

On 2021-09-13 at 4:18 PM, Yamazuki said:

If games actually followed lore for game design, they would be worse off. Gameplay generally takes precedence over lore for a reason.

If a time limit was necessary, you can have one without tying it to day/night cycle. Selecting the bounty puts you in a night instance of PoE that then has a timer until it shifts to day.

DE has a 8+ year leverage that says both can work. Honestly, I like the cycle system but I get where some are coming from. 

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

To be fair... DE has made it clear that they want Feedback first and Foremost.... They made no mention of wanting Suggestions and Solutions....

Thats why i ignored him/her.... He's/she's so out of control 😱 !!!

That feeling when there was nothing wrong with my posts but the mods deleted it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-09-28 at 2:29 PM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

DE has a 8+ year leverage that says both can work. Honestly, I like the cycle system but I get where some are coming from. 

completely out of left field but they're 8 year leverage means nothing, the game is all over the place and every few years they seem to want to completely rework a core system even tho theres nothing wrong. DE has a tendency to try and fix things that don't exactly need fixing, lol.

anyways, back on topic, i honestly hope one of the devs see's this thread and addresses it.

On 2021-09-27 at 3:07 AM, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

Hopefully new war can be used as an excuse for eidolons to be roaming around day time

That would definitely work lore wise but they should just make it a bounty accessible at all times. It's not hard to implement. 

I have a feeling The New War could be a reset for the star chart as a whole. It could very well change everything.

I also have a feeling the Third Orb Mothers going to play a role. Since the Orb Mothers are also Sentient based technology it could very well be what attacks Fortuna and what we have to fight to save it.

Honestly it be a great move on DEs part 👍

An Eidolon fight and a Orb Mother fight in the same quest would be EPIC

On 2021-09-27 at 9:42 AM, Drasiel said:

You can't progress through quills without eidolons so yes I think eidolons need to be more accessible.

Pretty sure you can just hunt vomvalysts for the basic intact sentient cores to progress through it, albeit more slowly. Only need to partake in a few PUGS then to make the final offering for each rank up. Also thanks to Fortuna you don't necessarily have to rely on Quills at all.

And with a lens installed on warframe and/or weapons affinity can easily be farmed from other endeavors to upgrade schools/abilities. Ipso-ergo Eiddlons are entirely a optional content, especially now that you can get the arcanes via railjack/Orphix missions.

Edit: note that I'm not actually against Eidolons being accessible anytime. Though I do think that there needs to be a time they aren't roaming for the sake of new/low rank players. Just pointing out the holes in your argument so you could perhaps make better ones.

2 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Pretty sure you can just hunt vomvalysts for the basic intact sentient cores to progress through it, albeit more slowly. Only need to partake in a few PUGS then to make the final offering for each rank up. Also thanks to Fortuna you don't necessarily have to rely on Quills at all.

And with a lens installed on warframe and/or weapons affinity can easily be farmed from other endeavors to upgrade schools/abilities. Ipso-ergo Eiddlons are entirely a optional content, especially now that you can get the arcanes via railjack/Orphix missions.

Edit: note that I'm not actually against Eidolons being accessible anytime. Though I do think that there needs to be a time they aren't roaming for the sake of new/low rank players. Just pointing out the holes in your argument so you could perhaps make better ones.

Quills has the health magus, without that chains of a harrow and the sacrifice are absolutely miserable to complete. I've hunted vomvalysts to upgrade quills because eidolons give me health problems (all the flashing lights) even going so far as to upgrade the dropped cores using exceptional blueprint (Absolute worst grind in the game literally needed thousands, no I'm not exaggerating I did the math, thousands of the damn rarest gems to do this) I wouldn't wish that on my worst goddamn enemy let me tell you. Either make eidolons more accessible (which wouldn't even help me at best I can do 3 teralyst in a day without health problems) or share all the magus and arcanes between all 3 "quill-like" factions to make it them truly optional.

8 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Also thanks to Fortuna you don't necessarily have to rely on Quills at all.

Indeed...

All you have to do is reach Max Rank Solaris United and Grind Atmo Systems...... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY More Accessible 🤔.... 😝

Eiddlons are entirely a optional content, especially now that you can get the arcanes via railjack/Orphix missions

Technically True but Highly Impractical....

note that I'm not actually against Eidolons being accessible anytime. Though I do think that there needs to be a time they aren't roaming for the sake of new/low rank players. Just pointing out the holes in your argument so you could perhaps make better ones.

You can just give them a Dedicate Bounty like the Profit Taker... Then new players can deal with the Regular Bounty Bull #&@$ without the Eidolon making things worse...

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Plus it makes the rewards harder to get... Thereby keeping them rare therby making sell prices higher. It would hurt the economy if they could be farmed all times of the day. 

The Economy can Burn in Hell for all i care....¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I just want dem Goodies.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 

I don't think you realize that the majority of the people are not the ones cornering the market on eidolon items. :D So yes, definitely the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

i wonder if DE has seen this and taken it into consideration at all? lol

They should just let the player choose the time-of-day in Konzu's bounty selection screen... How cool would that be?

Nah, they won't do it. The game is all about making you wait for stuff so you have to come back and continue the next day... and the next day... and the next day. Eidolons is just one example of the many ways they accomplish this.

Archived