Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop using Strangledome in Hydron.

4thBro

10 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

That was THE tileset for SE farm. Mercury>Odin interception mission with 3xKhora. Sure do miss 300+ SE an hour lol. 

Ok never really knew where players did it, I only solo farmed twice for SE on I can't remember the mission now but I got bored lol, mainly only did it to clear those SP nodes, I find doing the SP Alerts when I feel like it keeps me in front with my 1500 SE while buying stuff from Teshin.

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I cant disagree with OP on this, not since the changes to Whipclaw's and it requireing LoS. Prior to those changes you could stand in the center and hit thing stuck on the walls, stairs and whatever, you can no longer do that. So if a Khora player isnt up to date on changes and still thinks it goes through walls then that Khora will be counter productive since SD will slow down the clearing compared to letting them enter the objective area.

You must be completely braindead not to notice this right away.

5 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

You must be completely braindead not to notice this right away.

I agree, but sadly 99% (ok slight exaggeration there) of the people you run into in Warframe are exactly that. It may also be people that think "zomg! ultemete skillz nembur 4!" and thinks it kills. I mean, we did have bouncy castle Spamshees at one point that thought they were queens of AoE just by unlocking quake. I cant count the times I've aborted missions in Hydron since I ended up with a squat-farting quaker playing pillow fight with the grineer.

It doesn't help that the DE staff also call the 4th ability Ult and ultimate. It puts that ability slot on a pedastal prime.

I used to main Khora... but first there was the healing changes to Vernari, then the LoS changes that crippled whipclaw for several months(weeks? I don't remember) before getting fixed. Now I'm just floating around in pergatory because I don't have a "favourite" frame anymore 😿

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

It doesn't help that the DE staff also call the 4th ability Ult and ultimate. It puts that ability slot on a pedastal prime.

I used to main Khora... but first there was the healing changes to Vernari, then the LoS changes that crippled whipclaw for several months(weeks? I don't remember) before getting fixed. Now I'm just floating around in pergatory because I don't have a "favourite" frame anymore 😿

https://c.tenor.com/ZGp9EsQ-J0sAAAAM/monty-python.gif

She's more or less fine now. Still think the LoS is dumb, but at least it's 99% functional now.

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

She's more or less fine now. Still think the LoS is dumb, but at least it's 99% functional now.

That's true. I didn't even use her for farming Steel Essence! When I heard about the upcoming change, I tried using her for just that and I sucked at it.

I mained her because I loved the aesthetic and crowd control (yes I used Strangle Dome in Hydron). I wasn't a meta-player. But seeing all the different nerfs to her just really disappointed me and put me off.

And then the whole "warframe abilities reset combo counters" fiasco. I didn't even know melee combos boosted attacks like whipclaw until they took it away 😾. Maybe I'm just over reacting...

Another thing that bugs me is how Vernari only has one instance of mod configs, maybe all exalted weapons do (I don't know). So I have two Khora's but only one Vernari that I have forma'd. It was really disappointing that I can't have a different forma build.

23 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

And then the whole "warframe abilities reset combo counters" fiasco. I didn't even know melee combos boosted attacks like whipclaw until they took it away 😾. Maybe I'm just over reacting...

Luckily that's only when using the Xoris and that new Tenet weapon, whichever it is. If you're using any other melee weapon the combo counter doesn't get reset by abilities. It's a bit disheartening seeing her constantly nerfed bit by bit, though she's still incredibly powerful despite.

Khora in Hydron is one little problem. Khora in other missions are far worse. Like Mobile Defence. Don't just put it on top of the objective. Think about where the damn enemy units are spawning and put it there. Not to mention you can put two of those domes. Or Interception. People just dump the cage on top of the blue pillars not knowing the enemy can just run to the consoles that isn't even close to the marker.

10 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Khora in Hydron is one little problem. Khora in other missions are far worse. Like Mobile Defence. Don't just put it on top of the objective. Think about where the damn enemy units are spawning and put it there. Not to mention you can put two of those domes. Or Interception. People just dump the cage on top of the blue pillars not knowing the enemy can just run to the consoles that isn't even close to the marker.

Mobile Defense is especially bad because the enemies will throw grenades at their trapped comrades. If you're placing Strangledome on the console, that's an easy way to lose a mission in Warframe... especially in Aten, Void where enemies do 3x damage.

I find it funny how people complain about Hydron regardless of the situation. A teammate's using an ability that is slowing down how fast waves are being cleared? People complain. Someone's using a warframe ability or an AoE weapon that's annihilating every enemy, making each wave get cleared real quick like people (supposedly) want to? People complain. People like those really ought to make up their minds.

Archived