Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop using Strangledome in Hydron.

4thBro

51 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Ok, could try casting it in the middle of Strangledome it might reach, :devil: the biggest dome you can have is a Radius of 14m with a Range of 280%, well that's one of my configs for Khora.

Also leveling quanta vandal and normal detron so without stomping enemies or melee reaching anything killing was super slow.

Max range strangledome also has a grab radius of 28 meters as well as the 14m dome radius which is what the guy was probably running so without clearing it with whipclaw it is obnoxious. With the amount of loot drops I don't think they were using a Pilferdome either but the kills were that slow maybe they were which is hilarious because the entire point of contention was me killing a room over and the MR12 and 16 player not getting loot drops.

2 hours ago, L3512 said:

Not everyone is clearing the dome with whipclaw, last Khora I played with (survival fissure) had probably the biggest dome possible and sat in the middle doing nothing.

Instead of trying to shoot units swinging around I took my Nidus P else where and got called a wanker for "splitting the spawns".

That's unfortunate. But like I said, "and move on". If they get mad, what are they gonna do about it?

44 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

That's unfortunate. But like I said, "and move on". If they get mad, what are they gonna do about it?

Just saying that is does happen, because it was a survival it's taking five minutes no matter what the Khora does but if it was a defense I'd have left.

9 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Please stop using Strangledome in Hydron.....

9 hours ago, 4thBro said:

You're not helping.

I think this has less to do with Strangledome itself and more To Do with players being either Uninformed or Lazy....

What I mean that is... Some people still think Strangle Done is a DPS Ability that can Kill all by itself.... Other people simply don't know any better or are saving their energy by not Whipping Domes... 

Khora is actually mostly Unintrusive on Hydron.... People just gotta play her Right....

No matter how frustrated you personally get , telling other people how to/ not to play is not gonna be met with enthusiasm. 

I don't really like khora players, that are practically doing something that can be enabled by a macro , if I don't like it i simply leave instead of expecting the player to change his playstyle.

Strangledome in itself isn't really the issue. It's really only the Khora players that don't know to whip the guys caught in the dome to clear them out, thus moving the Hydron match along. So when that happens others on the team have to go seek out the enemies caught in the walls or under the floor because they're entangled by the dome and khora ain't whipping them.

It's a bit like a Gara that keeps their wall up, but doesn't at least shatter it once in a while to clear some of the baddies, once again to move things along.

I cant disagree with OP on this, not since the changes to Whipclaw's and it requireing LoS. Prior to those changes you could stand in the center and hit thing stuck on the walls, stairs and whatever, you can no longer do that. So if a Khora player isnt up to date on changes and still thinks it goes through walls then that Khora will be counter productive since SD will slow down the clearing compared to letting them enter the objective area.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't get why people rank at Hydron when ESO exists. maybe Hydron offers slightly more overall affinity, but it sure can get boring. 

You cant rank frames in ESO. And the way affinity and frames work, especially those without damaging abilities, Hydron ends up being the best bet. If you play something like Saryn, Protea or Vauban you can easily just hit up Steel Path infested or something and just grind solo. Protea just needs to get her second skill to do it effectively. But most of the roster doesnt have that luxory.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't get why people rank at Hydron when ESO exists. maybe Hydron offers slightly more overall affinity, but it sure can get boring. 

Not that Hydron is exactly scintillating game play, but to me, there's nothing more tedious than ESO.

Although Hydron with a Khora or Vauban that doesn't know how or doesn't  care to use their abilities properly gets it pretty close.

I think you are quite wrong OP, I used the Strangledome with Whipclaw many times in Helene which shares the same layout and it works quite well. Yes, sometimes enemies get stuck but the same happens with Vauban ability or can happen with AI pathways being broken again and enemies stuck behind a corner.

So OP you are not helping at all.

How about players just stop trying to tell other players how to play the game?

How about the control freaks that think all the pixels should act a certain way sit down and shut up?

Please stop thinking everyone is your minion to control.

20 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

How about players just stop trying to tell other players how to play the game?

How about the control freaks that think all the pixels should act a certain way sit down and shut up?

Please stop thinking everyone is your minion to control.

There is a big difference between telling others how to play and giving them a heads up or good advice not to hinder the gameplay. OP is giving a friendly heads up, kinda like people telling bad Frost players not to poop their globe all over the place, or telling old spamshees to stop quaking if they dont have the damage to kill, or telling unknowing slowvas not to MP in trivial content.

Those are things that help the players grow and learn to properly handle their frame for different situation.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

There is a big difference between telling others how to play and giving them a heads up or good advice not to hinder the gameplay. OP is giving a friendly heads up, kinda like people telling bad Frost players not to poop their globe all over the place, or telling old spamshees to stop quaking if they dont have the damage to kill, or telling unknowing slowvas not to MP in trivial content.

Those are things that help the players grow and learn to properly handle their frame for different situation.

Look at the title and the OP. "You're not helping"

Not advice, it's a demand and a negative statement with no explanation, even if it has the word Please.

One player's 'advice' is another player's 'rude, unasked for, worthless demands'.

So, it all boils down to control freaks that think they need to tell others how to play, IMO.

I don't care if the control freaks choose to delude themselves into thinking they are helping, any more than they care about keeping their traps shut about how others play the game.

16 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I miss the old days of an earthquake banshee slowly killing every enemy everywhere and we had to wait forever for a round to end because we were to lazy to visit every single spawn room over and over.

I remember that.  It was ever so long ago.  The funniest time was when someone was doing it, and then got angry when everyone else was just kind of ignoring things and he got killed by disruptors or something.  Dude, you were the one making us 100% irrelevant, so don't whine when we stop even paying attention.

10 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Look at the title and the OP. "You're not helping"

Not advice, it's a demand and a negative statement with no explanation, even if it has the word Please.

One player's 'advice' is another player's 'rude, unasked for, worthless demands'.

So, it all boils down to control freaks that think they need to tell others how to play, IMO.

I don't care if the control freaks choose to delude themselves into thinking they are helping, any more than they care about keeping their traps shut about how others play the game.

But he isnt wrong, becuase the player isnt helping if they just throw out SD without knowing what makes it effective. They are at that point doing the very opposite. He shouldnt really have to explain more than he does i.e "please stop using SD in hydron, you're not helping".

I mean... this is helpful. Granted if a Khora player knows how to play Khora... But yeah, as others have noted, Hydron is a really bad place to rank gear.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: This is before the Khora nerfs and later melee nerfs. It's a little more annoying to hit enemies now (LoS now needed for Whipclaw) and while I could get all red crits in this video, the melee nerfs to Gladiator mods + Deconstructor as well as Blood Rush... now it's just a mix of reds and oranges.

EDIT: Oh! Maybe it's before Helminth too! I usually use Dispensary over Venari... but yeah that's a full fledged Naramon Khora build that is energy self-sufficient without Helminth. Helminth makes it even better!

11 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Pretty sure Larva can't grab things hanging in the Strangledome. My friends & I were doing Endo farm, and this was a problem. We had to tweak the Dome to be tiny.

Not 100% sure about for all abilities + interactions, but most of them certainly seem to have this "the CC that was cast first takes priority" thing.  For example, Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm can't grab things that are being held by Larva, and Larva can't pull things that are being grabbed by Tentacle Swarm despite trying to grab them.  I'm not sure in the case of Khora/Strangeldome as the friends I occasionally play with don't typically use her, but from what I've noticed is that Larva will try to grab pretty much everything regardless if those enemies are CC'd or not, but won't pull them into a nice little meat pinata if they're currently affected by another ability CC that roots them in place (such as frozen / petrify / stasis) or pulls/grabs them (such as vortex / tornadoes / tentacle swarm).  The exception to that is usuuuaaally something that turns enemies into minions or something like Revenant's thralls since they are counted as allies.

6 hours ago, nslay said:

I mean... this is helpful. Granted if a Khora player knows how to play Khora... But yeah, as others have noted, Hydron is a really bad place to rank gear.

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: This is before the Khora nerfs and later melee nerfs. It's a little more annoying to hit enemies now (LoS now needed for Whipclaw) and while I could get all red crits in this video, the melee nerfs to Gladiator mods + Deconstructor as well as Blood Rush... now it's just a mix of reds and oranges.

EDIT: Oh! Maybe it's before Helminth too! I usually use Dispensary over Venari... but yeah that's a full fledged Naramon Khora build that is energy self-sufficient without Helminth. Helminth makes it even better!

I did the same in Steel Path Solo with my Khora on that tileset for defence and interception, made it easier.

Archived