The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best secondary for popping Nullifier fields

Scar.brother.help.me

Question

I play mostly with AOE primaries nowdays, they are fantastic and the only slight problem for me is that projectiles bounce off of the bubbles and seem to do little damage even exploding on the floor near the bubble. 
I am looking for the best secondary to pop the nullies from any range (the further the better). This is the only function I need from it.

21 answers to this question

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

the same thing that it always does. simultaneous hits from Ray Trace Weapons get ignored, but Projectiles don't get ignored.
helps that the Projectiles will tend to impact at slightly different times due to the shape of the Bubble, too.

I figured that was the case.... 🤔...

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

What does the Multishot Do ?

the same thing that it always does. simultaneous hits from Ray Trace Weapons get ignored, but Projectiles don't get ignored.
helps that the Projectiles will tend to impact at slightly different times due to the shape of the Bubble, too.

The correct general answer is fire rate since Nullifier bubbles have damage cap mechanics.  

That being said, if you want specifics and something that fits into any loadout:  The Gaze kitgun as a secondary is a very strong weapon.  With high fire rate it pops bubbles very quickly and has beam chaining like the Amprex and Atomos.  Because it's a kitgun you can use Pax Charge which means infinite ammo and you don't have to reload it if all you want is to pop a nully bubble.  It will reload itself like it has the holster reload mods equipped, but much faster. 

Built using entirely crit focused parts, you can still get good status out of it with 60/60s (and a riven doesn't hurt.) because firerate can turn even mediocre status chance into a large amount of procs.  By the time you get the Galvanized mods and secondary arcanes rolling on it, it melts even in SP.

Literally Any Beam Secondary Weapon.... Atomos, Gamacor, Nukor, Gaze....

The tick rate on Beam Weapons will perform better than any other Weapon Type....

That being Said... I hate Beam Weapons... So I normally use The Zakti Prime, Prisma Twin Gremlins and Tenet Detron.

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I play mostly with AOE primaries nowdays, they are fantastic and the only slight problem for me is that projectiles bounce off of the bubbles and seem to do little damage even exploding on the floor near the bubble. 
I am looking for the best secondary to pop the nullies from any range (the further the better). This is the only function I need from it.

I mostly main with my Secondary Catchmoon Kitgun because i synergize it with my Zephyr`s Augmented Turbulence for more range and augmented Airburst for more damage. Its a great weapon for popping the bubbles by shooting the drone on top but if what you want is popping it with direct fire and draining it down, any weapon with fast fire rate will do.
Magnetic and Impact damages for faster popping.

47 minutes ago, -UpsyLook-Down- said:

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

This reminded me a Meme i made a few years ago.

Spoiler

nslROhI.jpg

High ROF (Twin Grakata, Rattleguts, etc) will shrink the bubble to nothing, and the damage is irrelevant since it's just number of hits.

If you want to permanently remove the bubble by hitting the drone, my defaults are Vaykor Marelok and AkLex (Prime), but any high accuracy weapon should work, and the drones are weak enough that I'm willing to bet the core mods would be enough (Hornet Strike, Barrel/Galvanized Diffusion, Lethal Torrent).

hace 8 minutos, Scar.brother.help.me dijo:

Zakti prime with high fire rate mag cap and multishot. Ez pops it. 

Close range alternatives are kuva nukor, tenet cycron

Another good alternative is the rattleguts, but I pref the zakti as it also primed the enemies and requires u to be shooting for less time 

Archived