The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back self damage !

(PSN)SifuPurpleWolf

I don't know how many cry  babies it took to get de to change this but self damage encouraged skill. If you really don't want to get hurt its called wall latch. this game is already super unrealistic like most games are in many examples day last for two hours and night last for 1 even though we are in the winter season and nights should last longer.... whatever its a "game" but please bring back self damage because now everyone uses aoe weapons they are too op and instead of nurfing them like I know they are going to, de can you please just bring back self damage to make the game more realistic and challenging, Thankyou.

If you’re so powerful that your only enemy is yourself and being careless, I’m not sure Self Damage is the answer.

Won’t players who already use AoE to death just use whatever loadout mitigates the danger of self-damage anyways?

edit: (personally I find the stagger plenty scary, but I don’t often use builds that can just facetank, and if I did I would just throw on whatever mitigates the detriment of self damage)

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If you’re so powerful that your only enemy is yourself and being careless, I’m not sure Self Damage is the answer.

Won’t players who already use AoE to death just use whatever loadout mitigates the danger of self-damage anyways?

Revenant was the goto pick when bramma used to yeet you to the stratosphere since mesmer skin allowed you to live with 1hp! 

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

Revenant was the goto pick when bramma used to yeet you to the stratosphere since mesmer skin allowed you to live with 1hp! 

Case in point.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sort of mark of pride to be able to basically circumvent the danger, and I’d be doubley not surprised if there were some players who at the moment want self damage back, but if it was actually implemented, would think the only logical thing to do would be to not have it be a problem. Who’s got time to be threatened with death when there’s grinding to do?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

I dont know how many cry  babies it took to get de to change this but self damage encouraged skill.

To be honest the only cry babies i see here in the forums are people that hate the fact that people may enjoy AoE weapons and are trying to grab anything to make it worse for them.

Self damage, nerfs, treating AoE guns like "granades", nerfs, deleting them from the game, nerfs, making a matchmaking just for people that are using AoE weapons, nerfs...

did i say nerfs? 

Let people enjoy what they like, if you don't like that you shouldn't play an always online videogame or at least play solo.

plus...let me add this because it made me laugh... 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

self damage encouraged skill

Really? you had to put "Skill" in your rant? 

because it takes SO MUCH SKILL to click 2 buttons. lol

Before self damage got yeeted out almost entire arsenal of AoE weapons were ignored because of their ability to delete revives one after another . In fast paced horde shooter that often uses narrow environments self damage not only was to high of a risk to use and in general had no place in game like this .

The only use for it was Chromas Vex armor mechanic abuse and I'm perfectly fine with sacrificing that .

On 2021-11-27 at 1:21 PM, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

please bring back self damage because now everyone uses aoe weapons

instead of going straight to ridicule OP or make fun of the thread, i would like to dive a little deeper into his mind instead.

1. what's wrong with everyone using aoe weapons?
  2. you don't like killing a lot of enemies fast? it's an actual question, not an insult. trust me, i came from monster hunter where we need 15 minutes to kill one monster.
  3. if you don't like others doing this, have you tried #PlayingWarframeSolo? just imho it's pretty awesome, nobody can annoy you.

I wouldn't be against self damage if it wasn't for one thing :

Squadmates, companions and specters instantly sliding in front of you the very frame you fire your gun... there's no way to avoid this, and in the many cramped tilesets we have, it's bound to happen at some point.

Dying because you've not been careful ? Sure. Losing all your revives because your dog is playing fetch with your rockets, trying to grab them the instant they leave the barrel ? Nah...

I would just make it so that primed sure footed doesn't protect against self knockback, reduce a tiny bit the damage so that single target weapons aren't so massively outclassed and there you go !

On 2021-11-26 at 10:21 PM, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

I dont know how many cry  babies it took to get de to change this but self damage encouraged skill. If you really don't want to get hurt its called wall latch. this game is already super unrealistic like most games are in many examples day last for two hours and night last for 1 even though we are in the winter season and nights should last longer.... whatever its a "game" but please bring back self damage because now everyone uses aoe weapons they are too op and instead of nurfing them like I know they are going to do can you please just bring back self damage, Thankyou.

chroma player spotted

On 2021-12-01 at 1:38 PM, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

The irony of calling people crybabies in your own post crying about bringing back self damage is astonishing. Don't like it, play solo. You haven't brought an actual reason beyond people not playing the way you want them to. 

and the reason is to make the game more realistic and skill based

On 2021-12-03 at 8:29 PM, ShrigmaT1d3 said:

chroma player spotted

Chroma is surprisingly enough my least favorite and last warframe id ever touch.

On 2021-11-27 at 6:25 AM, ReddyDisco said:

Chroma Mains: 450px-My_Time_Has_Come.jpg

but seriously I never played chroma I just like a challenge and the game to be skill based and more realistic.

On 2021-11-27 at 8:02 AM, (PSN)max141064 said:

To be honest the only cry babies i see here in the forums are people that hate the fact that people may enjoy AoE weapons and are trying to grab anything to make it worse for them.

Self damage, nerfs, treating AoE guns like "granades", nerfs, deleting them from the game, nerfs, making a matchmaking just for people that are using AoE weapons, nerfs...

did i say nerfs? 

Let people enjoy what they like, if you don't like that you shouldn't play an always online videogame or at least play solo.

plus...let me add this because it made me laugh... 

Really? you had to put "Skill" in your rant? 

because it takes SO MUCH SKILL to click 2 buttons. lol

skill as in wall latching to avoid damaging yourself and I love AOE weapons and have always mained them but id love to not have this game be too easy because rn this game provides no challenge or sense of consequences 

On 2021-12-01 at 1:38 PM, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

The irony of calling people crybabies in your own post crying about bringing back self damage is astonishing. Don't like it, play solo. You haven't brought an actual reason beyond people not playing the way you want them to. 

I dont see how playing solo fixes the problem of having this game be way to easy because we are over powered gods who can survive explosion's we fire at ourselves it just makes no sense....

On 2021-12-01 at 10:40 AM, Fallen77 said:

I wouldn't be against self damage if it wasn't for one thing :

Squadmates, companions and specters instantly sliding in front of you the very frame you fire your gun... there's no way to avoid this, and in the many cramped tilesets we have, it's bound to happen at some point.

Dying because you've not been careful ? Sure. Losing all your revives because your dog is playing fetch with your rockets, trying to grab them the instant they leave the barrel ? Nah...

I would just make it so that primed sure footed doesn't protect against self knockback, reduce a tiny bit the damage so that single target weapons aren't so massively outclassed and there you go !

Or they could add companion options so you can tell your companion to move out the way, thats a way around it...

On 2021-11-28 at 8:43 PM, Soy77 said:

instead of going straight to ridicule OP or make fun of the thread, i would like to dive a little deeper into his mind instead.

1. what's wrong with everyone using aoe weapons?
  2. you don't like killing a lot of enemies fast? it's an actual question, not an insult. trust me, i came from monster hunter where we need 15 minutes to kill one monster.
  3. if you don't like others doing this, have you tried #PlayingWarframeSolo? just imho it's pretty awesome, nobody can annoy you.

the problem isnt fixed by playing solo I main aoe weapons myself even before this change but it just makes it so there's no more weapon diversity anymore threes no reason to use anything but aoe because aoe mutalist cernos, bubonico, zarr, bramma ect out classes 90% of all the weapons in the game and this isnt even a main point I just really want the realism and challenge back. 

Il y a 4 heures, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf a dit :

Or they could add companion options so you can tell your companion to move out the way, thats a way around it...

Do you not see the mountain of problems such a change could cause ? It not even working properly being one of them.

Nah, but you could argue that you could let our shots go through all allied entities... but there would still be the issue of ennemies jumping (if not teleporting) from outside of your field of view straight in front of you the instant you shoot.

Again, you die because something you could have never anticipated jumped in front of you before you could ever have a chance to react to it.

On 2021-12-04 at 4:18 PM, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

Which is beyond stupid.

Warframe, realistic? Do you even listen to yourself speak? Warframe and realism go together as well as Apple and fair prices, which is to say, not at all.

Skill based? This is a horde shooter. If you can survive for more than 20 seconds on level 50, you have all the skills you ever need.

I can kind of see OP's point. It can be frustrating running through a mission and you get bombarded by the noise and color of a wukong clone firing a bramma but then people were doing that before self damage was taken away anyway. I have to say i hate the new stagger especially for weapons that didn't used to self damage (and I don't even want to talk about the stupid operator scaffold stagger!) but then I hated dying when my cat would wander in front wondering if right in front of me was a good spot to stop and snooze.

There are plenty of arguments for self damage but not sure skill is one of them. 

okay then i'll post it due to popular demands:

On 2021-12-04 at 10:18 PM, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

header.jpg?t=1637942196

https://store.steampowered.com/app/570940/DARK_SOULS_REMASTERED/

gaming is simple, when you want peace and tranquility, play animal crossing, not devil may cry.
when you want to be engaged in deep intricate storytelling, play god of war or the last of us, not racing or fighting games.
when you want to be challenged, don't play a horde shooter.

Archived