Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some Warframe Sleuths to figure out when my coworker played Warframe

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Question

So, like the weirdo I am I was discussing video games with a co-worker and I mentioned warframe. 

He claims that he played warframe when it was in beta, but it was PVP only back then, and he played in a futuristic cityscape and while he enjoyed the wall running, He didn't mesh with it much and never went back.

Now, I havent played warframe in the beta, but as far as I was aware it was never pvp only. Can anyone confirm these stories?  I half thought he meant Vanquish but that was not pvp either afaik. 

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Warzone/Warface might be closer to what your co-worked was describing.

Honesty thats that I thought, not warzone but warface, although Ive never played warface, so idk what it looks like

33 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Lmao, WF is STILL in beta. He definitely mixed it up with some other game.

He talked about it being years ago, so while yea techinically warframe is in beta, we all know it isnt. 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Titanfall?

Doubt it, because titanfall is a big enough name to not mix it with warframe. 

28 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Or he jumped in during the Dark Sector PvP stuff, didn't really do anything else or remember much of the rest of the game, then left before it was demolished for being horrible. 

That..might make a lot of sense actually. I never played during dark sectors so I cant comment on it really, but that sounds logical. 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Any chance it was an FPS game and not third-person hack-and-slash shooter? If your coworker meant, FPS, then Warface might be the game he or she played. Also, if FPS, then maybe it's Titanfall 2? Though, that wasn't in beta that I am aware of.

There's also The Amazing Eternals which was in beta, and was a game DE was working on until it got shelved. Still FPS though.

He said he remember it being third person, but we didn’t talk much about camera perspective so I may have misheard? 

27 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Wait, if FPS...was Apex Legends in beta? That has wall running.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Is it possible your coworker played Overwatch? 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Could also be a Call of Duty game as well. Black Ops 3 had wall running and a beta.

Now Im convinced youre trying to be wrong xD 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

That just sounds like when Darksectors were active as pvp on the star map. Terrible system for what it did to the community but pretty cool maps. The way mods unlocked was neat too.

If they played during darksectors tell them to try the game again it's very different without it.

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I don't mean to be rude but maybe your friend is one of those who tried the game for 2 weeks and left (the classic crybaby who said the game died in a year or less since cbt in 2013) and maybe he played a short time in the era of the Dark Sector Solar Rail Conflict (PVP / Guild Battle) that one nobody wana play, that one everyone complained about and that one ended up being eradicated after a year or so. But that in 2014-2015 and the open beta in end of 2013: OBT news link.

If he was talking about the dark sector, you should know that this was a little after the open beta test, which doesn't make sense with cbt time since this was a couple of years before. This game has never been pvp oriented and possibly never will be.

PS: I played this at cbt in 2013 and i don't remember any pvp focused warframe. 

PS2: Im sorry for my bad english

More people who see it my way. I think you guys definitely got it right. 

All of this screams someone who hung out for a bit during Dark Sectors and then dipped. 

hace 4 horas, (PSN)CommanderC2121 dijo:

So, like the weirdo I am I was discussing video games with a co-worker and I mentioned warframe. 

He claims that he played warframe when it was in beta, but it was PVP only back then, and he played in a futuristic cityscape and while he enjoyed the wall running, He didn't mesh with it much and never went back.

Now, I havent played warframe in the beta, but as far as I was aware it was never pvp only. Can anyone confirm these stories?  I half thought he meant Vanquish but that was not pvp either afaik. 

I don't mean to be rude but maybe your friend is one of those who tried the game for 2 weeks and left (the classic crybaby who said the game died in a year or less since cbt in 2013) and maybe he played a short time in the era of the Dark Sector Solar Rail Conflict (PVP / Guild Battle) that one nobody wana play, that one everyone complained about and that one ended up being eradicated after a year or so. But that in 2014-2015 and the open beta in end of 2013: OBT news link.

If he was talking about the dark sector, you should know that this was a little after the open beta test, which doesn't make sense with cbt time since this was a couple of years before. This game has never been pvp oriented and possibly never will be.

PS: I played this at cbt in 2013 and i don't remember any pvp focused warframe. 

PS2: Im sorry for my bad english

That just sounds like when Darksectors were active as pvp on the star map. Terrible system for what it did to the community but pretty cool maps. The way mods unlocked was neat too.

If they played during darksectors tell them to try the game again it's very different without it.

oh, he must of be talking about the part where a area of the map mission where it has pvp, there is a mission spot you can pvp players with full mods.  Yea beta guy here too, pretty much he got mad probably due of galatine sword slicing though walls and hitting players really hard which 1 hit kill charge attack before melee weapons become combo system (stance mod).  How do I know, your talking to the guy who invented the 1 hit kill galatine before it was nerf hard core.  So yea the PvP pretty much sux really bad, because players can equp 1 gun or a melee weapon and just use meta weapon against newbie players because there is a level balance scale how powerful your frame is including weapons you have.  It wasn't really a game is pure PVP, it was annoying hell with the middle finger hell of a grind and is it still grindy as trying get a gold nugget in the deepest darkest cave that could collapse any time.  Did they change their old way the game being super grindy?  Nope but good reason too, players progress really fast back then I mean the chopper speed run was fun, don't get me wrong about it then they took out our greatest chopper mode away because we were "too fast" even volt feel sad he wasn't going fast as the flash no more.

Then again, he could be talking about the Clan Vs Clan or use to be known as "Dark Sector" or "Rail Solar" system or (got replace afterward) "Rail Jack" that is where a clan fight over territory  like taking example "Earth" the clan was able tax players for using that mission spot or that planet to "take budget from players" as in your resources, credits can lead to zero credits and resources or have both super high resources but the reason why this Old Rail Jack system was pretty much monster in up rising chaos for tyrant players/clans/alliances were seriously fighting over 24 hours for resources for you are in space and fighting in the biggest map ever made for every sniper will make sure you'll die none stop then you got ppl glitch hacking breaking "DE agreement rules" which cause the Clan Vs Clan to be turn off because it was so toxic, not even DE want deal with the toxic players no more for they fought over none stop and accusing the other clan hack or higher players to hack for them which they were also bribed to do glitch hacking a lot of time.  Thus forcing all the clan forfeit their controls over planets and all they got in return was funny statue.

Pretty much right now, I don't know which mode he might be talking about unless he came to teshin as the warframe forgot delete the "beta" word.  Then that is probably why he probably got pawn alot in there because conclave is seriously is back that old game thing.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Valid. At the same time, we don't know how much of a gamer your coworker is. Could be someone who dabbles or someone who plays a lot. I just looked into which games are PVP, has wall running and had a beta.

Fair. I should have mentioned he’s a little more then just a causal gamer, although idk if he fits a hardcore mould. Thats my bad. 

Just now, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

My reasoning was the games you were suggesting are rather high profile, and thus (at least imo) I doubt he could confuse for other titles, especially something like overwatch.

Valid. At the same time, we don't know how much of a gamer your coworker is. Could be someone who dabbles or someone who plays a lot. I just looked into which games are PVP, has wall running and had a beta.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

You didn't clarify whether it was first or third person, and here I am actually trying to help with the information you provided.

My reasoning was the games you were suggesting are rather high profile, and thus (at least imo) I doubt he could confuse for other titles, especially something like overwatch.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Is it possible your coworker played Overwatch? That can be construed as having a futuristic cityscape and, with Lucio, you can wall run.

Edit: Overwatch also had a beta.

Any chance it was an FPS game and not third-person hack-and-slash shooter? If your coworker meant, FPS, then Warface might be the game he or she played. Also, if FPS, then maybe it's Titanfall 2? Though, that wasn't in beta that I am aware of.

There's also The Amazing Eternals which was in beta, and was a game DE was working on until it got shelved. Still FPS though.

Archived