Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Railjack would be better without the Railjack

Ganjiblob

In Corpus Railjack missions, my actual Railjack is more of a liability than an asset.

Kill X crewships: quicker to just go inside, press three buttons and shoot a thing than deal with my crew/teammates endlessly shooting the shield.

Do side objective: run around a map chasing down drones while my ship get boarded and shot at.

Shoot the marked bits of Corpus ship:  Archwing works fine for doing this.

Do a normal mission while your RJ is now magically invulnerable.

90% of the mission is on foot and the 10% that can be done with a RJ has been designed to be a nuisance to do with a RJ.

I would rather Ordis just dropped me off in an Archwing and do it that way, one less failure vector.  

Corpus Railjack would be better without the crummy on-foot side objectives that only exist to pad out the mission, that goes double for the Void Storm missions that take significantly longer to complete in contrast to the regular Void Relic missions. What's the point in having a giant spacecraft for dogfights if you're just going to recycle content from the regular Star Chart?

To be fair I kind of feel ALL railjack missions that have side objectives take too long but corpus ones feel far worse than grineer ones and it's likely due to the 'size' of the ships...corpus ships are just too big.

Mind you it might just be the random squads... I've literally had to leave the pilot seat (my ship and using lavos) because they're at best taking too long or at worst just trying to shoot stuff from the turrets because they don't know about the 'objectives' even after they've been pointed out..... seriously I might as well just go solo and use my crew in some cases lol.

On the other hand if you get a well co-ordinated team who divide up the tasks you can run through it all pretty quickly but that seems pretty rare.

I wouldn't say no to some 'simple' skirmish missions that don't involve side objectives though but then we could end up with the same issue as original release where it was actually better to just use archwing.

50 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair I kind of feel ALL railjack missions that have side objectives take too long but corpus ones feel far worse than grineer ones and it's likely due to the 'size' of the ships...corpus ships are just too big.

Mind you it might just be the random squads... I've literally had to leave the pilot seat (my ship and using lavos) because they're at best taking too long or at worst just trying to shoot stuff from the turrets because they don't know about the 'objectives' even after they've been pointed out..... seriously I might as well just go solo and use my crew in some cases lol.

On the other hand if you get a well co-ordinated team who divide up the tasks you can run through it all pretty quickly but that seems pretty rare.

I wouldn't say no to some 'simple' skirmish missions that don't involve side objectives though but then we could end up with the same issue as original release where it was actually better to just use archwing.

I completely agree on the size of the Corpus RJ side objectives.  They're way too big.  The ones with the "dodge the shock circle or have a Corpus bad guy lamely spout a Pulp Fiction quote at you" side objective are the worst.  I used to prefer Ivara for RJ, but I basically play Nezha in Corpus RJ and nothing else.  His mobility and resilience is bordering on mandatory in maps that size with that many hazards in them.

It would be a lot better if those shock circle side objectives took place in a single large room, kiiiiiind of like how Disruption tends to focus on 2 large rooms.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Look, I know, and understand, that Railjack has a LOT of issues still, but removing it from its own gamemode for the sake of doing regular missions is... as smart as the Infestation itselft.

DE have done that already. Most of the time for Corpus "railjack" missions, you're not even on the railjack itself. That's what the OP was getting at. We just want the game to stop pretending that it's an actual railjack mission when the entire squad is forced to leave the damn thing before you're allowed to continue.

I don't mind the side objectives at least the short ones in railjack missions but I am not a fan of endless on-foot mission in railjack, defense missions i.e. arva Vector. Heck i wish the orphix missions were just in the regular star chart.

I wish DE would integrate archwing sabotage missions and perhaps create an endless skirmish mode for railjack.

Le 22/01/2022 à 23:21, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff a dit :

Corpus Railjack would be better without the crummy on-foot side objectives that only exist to pad out the mission, that goes double for the Void Storm missions that take significantly longer to complete in contrast to the regular Void Relic missions. What's the point in having a giant spacecraft for dogfights if you're just going to recycle content from the regular Star Chart?

Void Storms are incredibly efficient though, especially if they fall on a survival node.

You can farm relics, WF/Weapon affinity, intrinsics and also Necramech/weapon affinity. 

Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather do Necramech affinity in RJ missions (even if not Void Storms), over repeating the same tired-ass bounties on Cetus and Fortuna. 

2 hours ago, Els236 said:

Void Storms are incredibly efficient though, especially if they fall on a survival node.

You can farm relics, WF/Weapon affinity, intrinsics and also Necramech/weapon affinity. 

Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather do Necramech affinity in RJ missions (even if not Void Storms), over repeating the same tired-ass bounties on Cetus and Fortuna. 

As reliable as the affinity farming may be, I mostly play Railjack missions for the sake of piloting the ship. Getting off of it to muck about elsewhere is the exact opposite of what I want to do. There's no balance between ship & on-foot combat for the Corpus missions, and that's why Skirmish missions still feel fun, it's simplicity at its finest.

The obvious solution would be to incorporate more nodes geared towards this mindset, maybe even presenting alternative solutions for Volatile missions. I built my ship for a reason, it shouldn't feel like a glorified taxi.

il y a 3 minutes, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff a dit :

As reliable as the affinity farming may be, I mostly play Railjack missions for the sake of piloting the ship. Getting off of it to muck about elsewhere is the exact opposite of what I want to do. There's no balance between ship & on-foot combat for the Corpus missions, and that's why Skirmish missions still feel fun, it's simplicity at its finest.

The obvious solution would be to incorporate more nodes geared towards this mindset, maybe even presenting alternative solutions for Volatile missions. I built my ship for a reason, it shouldn't feel like a glorified taxi.

Railjack, even after all the changes and updates, is just a glorified Archwing for the most part. Whether you started a node in a Railjack or in Archwing, there'd be almost no difference, as you're just flying from one objective, doing ground combat, flying to the second objective, then doing ground combat, extract.

In fact, Archwing nodes are more space-combat-oriented than most of the actual Railjack missions.

Now, therein lies the problem.

No one has ever truly liked Archwing, because no one has ever truly liked space combat in this game, as all the missions boil down to "exterminate in space, but longer", or, "mobile defense, but in space".

Railjack is clearly meant to tie Archwing and Necramech (and originally Liches, but look at how poorly that turned out) into more involved space combat, but, again, if all nodes were Skirmish (glorified exterminate), it would get boring faster than it already does (for the majority).

Now, don't get me wrong, I like piloting my own ship and having my own crew, however, as you say, right now the ship is no more than a glorified Archwing (read: taxi) and my crew is actually more useful on generic star-chart than it is in Railjack-specific missions (as it gets removed if you're in a squad).

What we should be doing is protecting a cargo vessel for Solaris United from a Corpus Assault ("proper" mobile defence), or defending a broken down ship of Grineer defectors ("proper" defence"), or maybe, we could launch an assault on a galleon/cruiser and everything has to be done in Railjack and the idea is to blow up the ship(s).

19 hours ago, Els236 said:

What we should be doing is protecting a cargo vessel for Solaris United from a Corpus Assault ("proper" mobile defence), or defending a broken down ship of Grineer defectors ("proper" defence"), or maybe, we could launch an assault on a galleon/cruiser and everything has to be done in Railjack and the idea is to blow up the ship(s).

Now you're speakin' my language! These are some solid ideas.

Archived