Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Idea For Warframe To Make More Like Fortnite Battle Pass System

SheikaVoid

hello tennos and hear is my idea for a new gamemodes and system for the hit 2013 hoard shooter game WARFRAME.

in games like FORNITE there is a very good reason to keep play these games for free skins and optional pay to unlock extra skins from just playing the game

i know the Nightwave podcast with Nora Knight is a very close to this but i dont see as many skins in the Nightwave podcast as fortnite in its battle passes

so my idea is this:

Why not add more skin to the podcast?  Maybe keep WARFRAME helmet item on the free podcast and move full skin (like tennogen and Excalibur Prime skin but for everyones) to a pay reward?

Anyway thank you for listening to my idea

12 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Why not add more skin to the podcast?  Maybe keep WARFRAME helmet item on the free podcast and move full skin (like tennogen and Excalibur Prime skin but for everyones) to a pay reward?

Do you pay money to get armor pieces, ephemeras and syandanas in warframe? no.

Do you pay money to get skins in Fortnite? yes. 

Do.....do i need to go on or is it clear enough? 

Not sure why there is so many post latly about adding payed battlepass when DE nice enough to give it for free instead of forcing 100 dollars out of you. Warframe and deep rock galactic is the only 2 battle passes I do for they free and plenty of time to finish (deep rock is endless).

The games I played with payed battle pass give you so short time its not even worth trying to do them unless you wanna pay to unlock the levels.

1 hour ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Do you pay money to get armor pieces, ephemeras and syandanas in warframe? no.

Do you pay money to get skins in Fortnite? yes. 

Do.....do i need to go on or is it clear enough? 

Uh... yes, you do have to pay, specifically for syandanas (unless you're a first-time player and buy with the starting platinum, which can't even be traded). You can even "buy" the other 2 listed categories through a Kuva Lich or from other players with the armor pieces.

Trading.

3 minutes ago, LexiChick said:

Uh... yes, you do have to pay, specifically for syandanas (unless you're a first-time player and buy with the starting platinum, which can't even be traded). You can even "buy" the other 2 listed categories through a Kuva Lich or from other players with the armor pieces.

Trading.

The topic. 

OP is talking about Nightwave and how it would be better to put skins in it. 

Now again....do you pay for armor pieces, ephemeras and syandanas? no.

you just need to play the game and lvl the nightwave up to get them FOR FREE. 

Fortnite? you have to pay. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

The topic. 

OP is talking about Nightwave and how it would be better to put skins in it. 

Now again....do you pay for armor pieces, ephemeras and syandanas? no.

you just need to play the game and lvl the nightwave up to get them FOR FREE. 

Fortnite? you have to pay. 

Need to specify that in your response or detail-oriented people like me will have a hard time understanding the goal of the message.

If your response is to Nightwave, fine. Agreed.

Other than that, my point stays valid.

Just now, LexiChick said:

Need to specify that in your response or detail-oriented people like me will have a hard time understanding the goal of the message.

If your response is to Nightwave, fine. Agreed.

Other than that, my point stays valid.

The context was right there for you if you are going to get into details... 

Anyways, as to the topic. 

I am sorry, Excalibur Prime is never going to return. It was exclusive to PC founders and even pc founders had to give it up forever when they went to console (how does that work when crossplay comes back I wonder?). Anyways, the point is, asking for things like Excal Prime is an instant non-starter. They won't do it. You'll settle for Umbra and like it. 

1 hour ago, SheikaVoid said:

hello tennos and hear is my idea for a new gamemodes and system for the hit 2013 hoard shooter game WARFRAME.

in games like FORNITE there is a very good reason to keep play these games for free skins and optional pay to unlock extra skins from just playing the game

i know the Nightwave podcast with Nora Knight is a very close to this but i dont see as many skins in the Nightwave podcast as fortnite in its battle passes

so my idea is this:

Anyway thank you for listening to my idea

An older Fortnite system would be similar to this system that's in Warframe. All you had to worry about was how much time you have. Now, in Fortnite, it is what challenges that need to be done, add the amount of time needed to finish them, and then wait near the end of the season for these "secret" challenges. To me, that's useless.

I believe time spent by itself in the game should reward you towards more progression, which is how Fortnite's old battle pass worked. In another system, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, you could just play the game alone and still would progress, no challenges required.

Alleviating any other variable to a battle pass "like" system helps. Keep it simple, don't overcomplicate.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Dude....what else am i going to talk about in a thread about nightwave? 

what i had at dinner yesterday?

You had stated syandanas couldn't be bought, which is false. Same for the others.

Nightwave was not mentioned there, so it was thought to be in general.

You have clarified it, so I'm moving past it.

EDIT: Just as a sidenote, most of the rewards in Nightwave can be bought. Right now, Liset Athari. I purchased it before and I will be receiving 50 creds instead. Guess that just disproves that.

17 minutes ago, LexiChick said:

Just as a sidenote, most of the rewards in Nightwave can be bought. Right now, Liset Athari. I purchased it before and I will be receiving 50 creds instead. Guess that just disproves that.

Liset Athari was a reward from one of the events years ago (I forget which). Not purchasable AFAIK and NW brings it back to players who weren't around during said event.

24 minutes ago, LexiChick said:

EDIT: Just as a sidenote, most of the rewards in Nightwave can be bought. Right now, Liset Athari. I purchased it before and I will be receiving 50 creds instead. Guess that just disproves that.

Considering that the Liset Athari skin isn’t sold in the Market, I think you’re confused. It was available as a reward from NW Intermission 2 as well as the current Nora’s Choice so you probably got it there assuming you weren’t around when the event that rewarded it initially was active which was The Pyris Project in 2018.

5 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Liset Athari was a reward from one of the events years ago (I forget which). Not purchasable AFAIK and NW brings it back to players who weren't around during said event.

If so, my apologies.

Things that can be bought that are in the current Nightwave (generally speaking, not through trading):

• Ephemeras
  • Syandanas
  • Weapon Slots
  • Formas
  • Orokin Reactors
  • Exilus Weapon Adapter

That's a fair list of things that can be bought that are also in Nightwave.

1 minute ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

Considering that the Liset Athari skin isn’t sold in the Market, I think you’re confused. It was available as a reward from NW Intermission 2 as well as the current Nora’s Choice so you probably got it there assuming you weren’t around when the event that rewarded it initially was active which was The Pyris Project in 2018.

Understandable. Error in my part.

Nightwave is the warframe answer to battlepasses, are you asking the devs to add more microtransactions at expense of dev time. Cosmetics cost time to create so it will take time out of the game content dev time.

Its just asking the devs to include extra cost content in, items you can only get if you pay extra. Remember Fortnight is a microtransaction trap, so its not a good example of what a good developer should do if they are free to play player friendly.

7 hours ago, SheikaVoid said:

Now explain why should they be pay reward, and what positive does this bring to free to play players against paying players

Excalibur Prime skin? It won't appear, it's still a founder exclusive item and in no shape it will reintroduced

Archived