The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

So I finally got around to watching a small part of the Dev Stream.... And Improving Eximus Visibility is nice....

However... Tha got me thinking.... Why doesn't this Extend to The Radar ? 🤔

Even bosses such as Eidolons and Profit Taker share the exact same Radar Icon as Broodmother Maggots.....

So I guess what I'm asking is.... Radar Rework When ? 🤔

Another thing I noticed during Void Flood was Mom Bullet Jumping up to a Ledge.... Grabbing The Ledge.... Pressing the Jump Button and then Plummeting torwards the Floor....yeah.... This is why I use Bullet Jump Mods with the Telos Boltace.... So that I can have more than enough Height on my Parkour to Clear any Ledge I come across without having to Grab it....

But that's only the Tip of The Iceberg....

I don't remember if I saw this Happening or not in the Demo but Warframe just has Soooo much Geometry that's easy to Get Snagged On when you almost make it through a Tight Space but not quite Perfectly.... Rather than the game saying "Close enough... You may continue" ....instead you get Stuck on some Invisible Collider that you can't Go Passed unless you back Up... Line up your aim just Right and try again....

akiho-senomiya.gif

So yeah....

I honestly don't even know how you're going to Fix that since im pretty sure you can't automate the process.... the offending sections Of the Geometry have to be Evaluated one at a time and be fixed by hand.... And as I mentioned ... There are so Many areas where this Happens....

Like... I think 90% of The Doors in Every Single Tile have this lip at the Top that you have to Back Up off of if you happened to Jump too high....

Also.... Why Can't I Bullet Jump Downward ? 🤔

I never Understood that.... 

Can I bullet jump downward if possible ? If it's not then it's no Big Deal but if possible can you make it a thing ?

16 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

You unlock Transference after completing the quest, and the Focus Trees. In the same vein, you'll ONLY get affected by the changes on Void Dash and Focus Trees after you entered the Zariman, and not 'forced' to accept the changes. That way you can get a balance between risk and reward-i.e you can't access the new content like Void Shell skin and evolving weapons or anything that's related to Zariman syndicate, but you will retain everything on the old Focus system and Void Dash. After a while DE can run data collection to see how many players ACTUALLY wanted to get into the new system after weighing the plus and minuses, since they fully know the plus and minuses of the system.

People are normally averse to Change even if it's an Improvement, because getting outside you're comfort zone is something nobody likes to do.... Hence any Data Collected from this "Optional Alternative" Would be inaccurate Data....

I think Forcing everybody into the New Void Dash and seeing just how many People complain is a better Evaluation of the Changes...

20 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

I can already see most old players opting for the old system, though. The changes in Void Dash and Focus would be devastating to speedrunners and Plat farmers, especially Arcane farmers...which brings another problem: with the changes going on, it means less influx of new Arcanes into the community, since longer runs = less Arcanes per run due to time limit. Less Arcanes = price going up...

This has less to do with with the Void Dash Mechanic and more to do with Arcanes being exclusive to the Most Toxic Game Mode in Warframe....

Perhaps if I could get my Arcane Energize from Multiple Sources then it wouldn't be so bad....

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think Forcing everybody into the New Void Dash and seeing just how many People complain is a better Evaluation of the Changes...

But complaining won't fix anything because DE won't make changes for at least 1-2 years until the issue becomes pressing.

Remember how everybody wanting universal vacuum and DE, to this day, still haven't made that a priority despite there's already multiple abuses around it, which ends up gets 'fixed' by introducing nerfs? (Khora LoS nerf for SE farms, and how SE/Vitus now will despawn in 5 minutes to prevent Charm stacking)? Giving a choice is better option IMHO, because even if the majority of old players will retain the old system, it means that these players knew that the new content wasn't worth abandoning their instilled muscle memory. This will also serves as reminder to DE that not even a shiny brand new content will make anything tolerable to players, because let's face it, you can always buy the new items on the market with plat.

On 2022-03-15 at 3:35 AM, Lutesque said:

Well... You were wrong.... I don't know what else to tell ya.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes... Transference will be Handled Client Side.... Atleast that's what they said...

And quite frankly this is the only thing that matters.... They can delete Void Dash Outright for all I care.... It wouldn't hurt for Operators to use their Legs once in a While....

Shut Up... Mom Is Awesome.... Nobody Plays Warframe better than Mom does... NOBODY... 😤 !!!

LoL.... Relax..... I'm pretty sure they already have this Covered... It wouldn't be the first time they had to go back and update an old Quest....

I want to Kill The Sun !!! 👀

Nope.... If it's still bad after everybody tries it then DE will continue to work on it....

If that doesn't happen then you have to accept that maybe DE did something alot of people liked ,👀

Please Read the First Post... 🙄

You sound a little biased but that's OK. However, regarding your reply to my last post, I read the first post. They said they would... reset all focus points invested into the schools and they would get rid of the pools but that doesn't say for certainty that the points invested in the pools would would be refunded.

1 hour ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

But complaining won't fix anything because DE won't make changes for at least 1-2 years until the issue becomes pressing.

Pretty Much ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

Remember how everybody wanting universal vacuum and DE, to this day, still haven't made that a priority despite there's already multiple abuses around it, which ends up gets 'fixed' by introducing nerfs? (Khora LoS nerf for SE farms, and how SE/Vitus now will despawn in 5 minutes to prevent Charm stacking)? Giving a choice is better option IMHO, because even if the majority of old players will retain the old system, it means that these players knew that the new content wasn't worth abandoning their instilled muscle memory. This will also serves as reminder to DE that not even a shiny brand new content will make anything tolerable to players, because let's face it, you can always buy the new items on the market with plat.

Just Because DE is stubborn..... Doesn't mean it's okay to start Relying on inaccurate Data.....

24 minutes ago, Syndel.Markus said:

You sound a little biased but that's OK. However, regarding your reply to my last post, I read the first post. They said they would... reset all focus points invested into the schools and they would get rid of the pools but that doesn't say for certainty that the points invested in the pools would would be refunded.

I'm pretty sure they will just do what they did with Railjack... Refund all Focus Points spent where ever and then add more Junk to Keep The Grind Relevant.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

This has less to do with with the Void Dash Mechanic and more to do with Arcanes being exclusive to the Most Toxic Game Mode in Warframe....

Perhaps if I could get my Arcane Energize from Multiple Sources then it wouldn't be so bad....

It's sort of a let down that they did just that with Orphix but also simultaneously ruined it with the "adjustments" and 15 minutes of completely pointless Railjack you have to do before even being able to play Orphix ^^;

On 2022-03-20 at 10:58 AM, Lutesque said:

You're Probably right.... I guess i just never had a chance to use it because transference has a 30% Chance to Bug Me indefinitely....

On 2022-03-20 at 10:35 AM, PlanckZero said:

You complain about bugs in railjack, with operator... with everything.

Did you tried to reinstall the game, at least once?

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

3 Times Actually....

I guess the game knows who deserve good and bad treatment.

Complain for no reason, insult the devs and you get a bugged game.

Play nice and enjoy the missions. Game is bug free.

Or is it karma?

3 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Or is it karma?

I praise DE every chance I get. I love the work that they do. And I'm also a founder. But, I do not have a flawless experience at all times. Bugs happen and they don't necessarily happen for everyone. It's that simple. 

14 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Or is it karma?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

You should learn basic sarcasm.

He/She Really Shouldn't...

You should learn not to be so Sarcastic.... 👀

2 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

You should learn basic sarcasm.

I'm well aware of what sarcasm is, but your words are pretty close to things I've seen being said seriously. Either way, your comment seemed really unnecessary to me. 

I wanna understand what is being done here with void dash.
So with the current void dash, you dash in a strait line, into the direction you are aiming. The the times you dash in in one go decides the distance you travel. It is a very convenient sort-of teleporting ability that gives us a reason to use the operator for traversal instead of only playing parkour with the warframe.
And to use it, you only need to aim in the direction you want to go, than press press dash, and you are there. Simple.

So now with the new void dash, the speed will be decreased, and one will have to steer it mid flight in the direction that he or she wishes to go.
I am just trying to find a reason for this change. Because if it was made to help more new players use it, then it is not going to do that, because steering mid flight to where you want to go is by default harder than stationary aiming to where you want to go.

If your reason was to take away our ability to traverse the level, then why not just be honest with us and say it like that.
That you wish to Nerf it because you believe it was too convenient. Because it is convenient. Next to zenurik energy dash and void mode, it is one of the only reasons why one should at all use the operator for a short dash. That is why we use it.

On 2022-03-21 at 6:22 AM, Lutesque said:

This would be a good thing to put in the Focus shop if you ask me.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

I wanna understand what is being done here with void dash.
So with the current void dash, you dash in a strait line, into the direction you are aiming. The the times you dash in in one go decides the distance you travel. It is a very convenient sort-of teleporting ability that gives us a reason to use the operator for traversal instead of only playing parkour with the warframe.
And to use it, you only need to aim in the direction you want to go, than press press dash, and you are there. Simple.

So now with the new void dash, the speed will be decreased, and one will have to steer it mid flight in the direction that he or she wishes to go.
I am just trying to find a reason for this change. Because if it was made to help more new players use it, then it is not going to do that, because steering mid flight to where you want to go is by default harder than stationary aiming to where you want to go.

If your reason was to take away our ability to traverse the level, then why not just be honest with us and say it like that.
That you wish to Nerf it because you believe it was too convenient. Because it is convenient. Next to zenurik energy dash and void mode, it is one of the only reasons why one should at all use the operator for a short dash. That is why we use it.

Kinda.  

But its important to remember the current dash kinda sucks if you are a newer player.  The distance isn't all that great. Because transference isn't client side yet it can be unresponsive.

The amount of energy needed to do it is really high. Two or Three dashes on base operator and you can't go into void mode anymore. 

Looking up how people infinitely chain it I was seeing that it requires heavy investment in focus and things like energy pads. 

Much of this rework including the "nerfed" dash seem to desire to address how horrible the operator grind is.  Starting out it's a worthless mechanic.

With small investment it starts to become a helpful tool.

After you have sunk a lot of time into it they are OP and can turn off many game mechanics designed to add difficulty at a click.

DE more than likely wants to raise the floor and lower the ceiling with this rework. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.  But I feel like discussion of this stuff on the forum only tends to include High MR players who have everything. So their idea of improving the game doesn't really take into account people who are starting out or aren't where they are at. 

On 2022-03-21 at 2:22 PM, Lutesque said:

I don't remember if I saw this Happening or not in the Demo but Warframe just has Soooo much Geometry that's easy to Get Snagged On when you almost make it through a Tight Space but not quite Perfectly.... Rather than the game saying "Close enough... You may continue" ....instead you get Stuck on some Invisible Collider that you can't Go Passed unless you back Up... Line up your aim just Right and try again....

This is basically a result of the 'fix' DE did to stop spin to win with whips, when they removed the ability to clip through the scene geometry on the weapons it also impacted the warframes and we get 'caught up on stuff' more often. 

There are ways to fix the issue (assuming DE is doing things how I assume) but most would involve more work than I suspect DE are interested in doing (new higher poly models for example instead of lower poly and normal maps).

Not sure if it's still an issue but there were also some tube 'fence' barriers on some grineer maps which wouldn't let you shoot/melee through.... that was fun as it also impacted line of sight lol

But yeah that 'clipping' is quite annoying at times

I just hope vazarin protective dash never gonna be nerfed again, literally the only thing that lets me to play any warframe however i want ( not to mention endurance runs where damage reduction is irrelevant)

Big F to eidolon hunters tho, thats a huge loss unless the new dash gonna be optional, them pesky console casuals amirite 

On 2022-03-11 at 2:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • This will be our most comprehensive Focus rework to date.

• A full respec will be required upon release to re-select your Focus Nodes!

I hope this isn't the stranded DE action of just changing things since people didn't spec into each tree equally. 

If people stick to energy focused trees that might be due to the players trying to say hey we don't want to have energy problems (so maybe improve that instead by buffing the aura mod or reduce ability energy figures).  

Additionally, what is intended for the millions in focus that cannot be spent since you have maxed all the focus trees?  

On 2022-03-21 at 8:22 AM, Lutesque said:

Also.... Why Can't I Bullet Jump Downward ? 

I never Understood that.... 

Can I bullet jump downward if possible ? If it's not then it's no Big Deal but if possible can you make it a thing ?

You can bullet jump downwards, I do it all the time on my Aerial Ace builds!

6 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Additionally, what is intended for the millions in focus that cannot be spent since you have maxed all the focus trees?  

Literally says in the original post that beyond gameplay, a NEW cosmetic Focus shop will be introduced! DOES NO ONE READ THE ORIGINAL POST ANYMORE?! Or is everyone just too trigger happy to post comments first?! 😒

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yes you can and it looks like a bullet jump but it doesn't have any of the Properties of an Actual Bullet Jump... 🤔

It looks like it doesn't have any of the Properties of an Actual Bullet Jump, but it does. A lot of Warframe mechanics are PhysX based if I remember correctly, and in physics there is a thing called Terminal Velocity, not the mod, the actual real life thing.

Terminal Velocity is - Falling objects of certain mass and air resistance can reach a maximum of a certain speed, that speed cannot be increased without increasing the mass, decreasing the air resistance,  or introducing an external force. In simpler therms, since you Bullet Jump from mid air downwards, the speed at which you travel down is not much bigger than normal falling speed, hence it appears to you eyes as if it's just a visual Bullet Jump and you gain no velocity.

Of course that is if you meant Speed as the missing Property. If you meant change of vectors and animation canceling, well, if you think about it, since your warframe kind of obeys the laws of physics, some maneuvers cannot realistically happen with the frame spinning head first to the ground. If course there are a lot of stuff that break the laws of physics, after all it is a space power fantasy game, but i am sure warframe Parkour runs on a modified version on the real life formulas, plus minus gravitational pull.

Grinded focus in the early days and was probably in the first few percent to unlock and max most of the nodes (except those DEsign marvels that you know, perma punish you for taking them like madurai void radiance that brutally toilets your energy every time you want to reposition yourself between void dashes and doesn't even gain stun duration because the eye-rubbing animation takes much longer than the actual blind on low levels).

I had two reasons for grinding.

Mainly I wanted to max void dashing, it was one of those rare things I really enjoyed and was glad DE added. Felt so liberating to just zap around like a bullet and there was enough long term requirement to make it feel special.

Secondly I liked having the option of slowly honing "little sh*t" to such extent it could eventually provide an alternative to clearing most content in the game. Had a strong tendency to choose unique/special/good enough over mind-numbing meta. Still do. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised with excalibur umbra and hoped DE could maybe expand that concept in the future and operator combat in general.

And after many years the time has finally come, an entire focus rework to get hyped about!

The optimist in me eagerly waits to see how the new system plays out.

The slowly & lovingly nurtured pessimist realist in me lies in a nearby corner. Eyes gouged by the implications of future operator combat. Spine snapped over void dash.

Archived