The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.5

[DE]Megan

The new hotfix broke one of the few tolerable solo bounties; exterminate + angel kill. Angel kill does not register and extraction is not available.

Angel now can freeze in place for a few seconds, after which the operator simply dies (or transfers to a dead warframe?) resulting in an automatic loss of a respawn. This happens several times per fight.

Also, in case you are counting, here is another request to make void sling an optional focus node, not the default. At the very least please get rid of transference delay and decresase the static punishment.

Finally, since I dont see it in the patch notes and have no more patience to test it, PLEASE look at the eximus using powers without line of sight, on invisible and passive warframes.

24 minutes ago, Xyngrr said:

You're confusing the issue here - the Focus rework is a seperate thing from the mechanical changes to play. I have seen very few ( if any ) outcry about using ability keys for abilities, or the changes to them. Most like the focus changes, myself among them.

The rework as a whole, at least to me, is an improvement overall; I get people will have specific grievances with certain functionality, which is why it'll iterate / improve. They're all mechanical changes, to the system and to movement / abilities (I'd consider void blast an "ability" in this case).

The ingame functionality Dash and Blast had are the issue people are not liking and want addressed in some way.
Sling is...

• slower
  • shorter range
  • has animations on both ends
  • prevents linear directional movement
  • requires looking at the destination point and not the target you're fighting

Blast was...

• The operator hit and run melee
  • instant stun or knockdown on many enemies
  • high status chance, proc'd a lot of void status
  • gave time for amp to recharge while still engaging

I have seen people express these concerns with sling vs dash, and I've mostly agreed that it can be improved upon; I have not really seen people advocate for blast, since abilities essentially "replace" the gameplay aspect that it had, providing cc, damage, more efficiency to ammo, shielding, etc.

It's quite a bit different, but I would not say they were removed with "no replacement" when abilities can be used now for multiple aspects that void blast and dash previously were utilized for, and more. There are some exceptions (using void blast with range to be a container looter) for sure, but it doesn't feel like there's no replacement for the things it covered in most situations, but rather it's just different options, to me at least. I get you might disagree or there might be specifics, but I was personally fine with it being removed since I could cc enemies for these things or just dash to stun / knockdown, and now I can use abilities or dash instead.

These are not all relevant points for everyone complaining about their removal but they are all points that come up. meaning someone used these features and they were removed with no replacement, so it's a straight nerf to the functionality and experience.
Which also grates given the reason given for their removal was to encourage more Operator use.

I think the changes overall will result in more operator use, but they do still warrant improvement; the points that come up are valid, but they also need to be built upon (most people I've seen are just calling for a total reversion, which doesn't really explain what specifically about either system they like or dislike).

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

After all the feed back you're really going through with this void sling thing?

Why not just give void dash to operator and and void sling to drifter?

I'm not a fan of this idea. Means you're forced to pick one or the other based on how you feel about each mechanic instead of weather you prefer adult or kid operator.

I vastly prefer the hold to sling, tap to dash suggestion I see a lot

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

maybe it hard to change if it has effect with overall system ? like revert this and a lot of many thing broken ?

Mostly good changes but I don't understand what the point of this one is

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reduced enemy counts for the first two Void Ruptures in the Void Flood mission. It will now ramp up slowly over time and Eximus units will only spawn after the first Void Rupture has been closed.

Void flood was by far the easiest of the new mission types already and this is just going to slow down the secondary "kill x amount of enemies" objective. Which was already a bit slow and annoying because it made the mission feel like exterminate with extra steps. This change would make a lot more sense in armageddon and cascade. It's a downgrade for flood.

Don't get me wrong tho I love void flood. Reminds me of collecting precursor orbs and Eco in Jak&Daxter a little bit. Just, really strange decision to slow down mob spawning there. The only feedback about enemy spawns in void flood I saw were people complaining that there weren't any.

18 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

maybe it hard to change if it has effect with overall system ? like revert this and a lot of many thing broken ?

Worth it. Void sling is that bad

25 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I'm not a fan of this idea. Means you're forced to pick one or the other based on how you feel about each mechanic instead of weather you prefer adult or kid operator.

I vastly prefer the hold to sling, tap to dash suggestion I see a lot

We already kind of make that decision though since drifter has different movement animations with a roll instead of a slide. I thought it would make sense to have different sling vs. dash animations as well. 

Either way, doesn't matter to me as long as DE puts void dash back. Sling is terrible. 

Thank you for the hotfix, DE.

• Once again, Excalibur Umbra will go back to his former position instead of the Operator's new position when switching between the two. Perhaps this is just part of it being a major update, but it's still extremely frustrating to play Excalibur Umbra in this state. There is a whole list of bugs up with Excalibur Umbra as well that I feel should be observed for future updates.
  • Please increase the initial attack speed of the standing combo and blocking standing combo in Galeforce Dawn. The animations are beautifully crafted, but it is very clunky to switch between the two to running combo, to the point where not even building more attack speed can solve it.
  • Please continue to fix issues involving certain rewards not dropping from Void Floods, Void Armageddons, Void Cascades, etc.. It's almost impossible to farm for the new weapons under these conditions.
  • Can you please change Theorem Infection/Theorem Demulcent to create and deplete stacks similar to Weapon Arcanes? In addition, can you look into removing Theorem Infection's stupid "no refresh on max stacks"? There is literally nothing in the game that encourages you not to build something up to max stacks, and in the case of Theorem Infection, it is extremely hindering to the purpose of the Arcane.
  • I'm not quite as passionate at some of the other people who have stopped playing solely from losing Void Dash (I actually quite like Void Sling, personally), but would it be possible to allow players to choose between the two?
  • Could just be missing something, but is Unairu Wisp not working anymore?
  • Please look into possible glitches involving building combo count on the Stropha. It is able to build combo on the blade portion, but not on the gunshot portion.

So I just did my first bounty.

I chose an Exterm, thrilled to see a few of the basic mission types on offer.  I killed all my enemies, all the while taking note of the "Awaken a Void Angel" objective.  But saw no indicator at all for it.  Huh, that's odd, maybe this will activate when I kill all the enemies for the exterm.  Nope.  The objective is still listed, but there's absolutely no indicator.  I don't know where the angel is, and I'm so far away that I don't know where the elevator is either.  After a while I finally manage to figure out where my elevator is.  I'm thinking maybe the angel is a bonus objective, since it's not showing up?  So I hit the elevator.  And it offers me to abort.  What?  No.  There's no indicator, what am I supposed to do?  So I look it up, and I see that yes, I am expected to find an unmarked angel.  Fine.

After a while of searching in a much-too-large map, in the corner of a big open room, I spot one!  I climb up to her and make note of the glowing belly, this is definitely one.  I attack it.  Nothing happens.  I attack it as operator, nothing happens.  I spend more time searching for info.  Ah, I should be able to trigger an interact button.  So I climb up all over her looking for the prompt, and spamming the interact button just in case.  Nope.  Nothing.  A horrible thought occurs to me.  Is...is this a level decoration that looks identical to angels?  It looks absolutely identical to one we saw activate in an earlier cutscene, it's even up near the ceiling the same way.  This is an angel.  It should be.  So I search some more and find comments also complaining about there being decorations built into the level which look identical to the angels we're supposed to be searching for.

Nope, that's it, I'm done.  I have by this point spent entirely too long on this mission, (not sure if the 15 min no-kill timer applies on these bounties, but I had killed a straggler at some point so I got a little more time from that if so), and I've just learned that this is a game of Where's Waldo (complete with decoys!) on a much too large map.  No.  Nope.  I'm out.

I aborted the mission.  I left the Chrysalis.  I logged out of the game.

Was already a bit frustrated with how bad my operator feels to play with now (I find void sling to feel awful).  But this issue with the bounty, which appears to be a sadistic design decision is too much.  Guess I'll check in some time later to see if this has been changed.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're currently investigating this issue.

It is absolutely frustrating and the fail rate is quite high. It's made farming certain resources 100% more difficult when 9 out of 10 Void Cascade missions totally fail and everyone has to abort mission and loose all the rewards. I just wanna build my weapons aaaaaaaaa.

5 hours ago, Aura said:

When fix for cringe transference cooldown

it's probably necessary to prevent constantly getting the "stuck unable to attack in any way or use transference" bug i imagine, which is probably because clients become desync'd and someone thinks you're in operator mode when you're actually in your warframe.. even with the delay we still sometimes get that bug tho :<

I was wondering if there will be looks to the alt fire of the Alternox for it doesn't scale its damage of the condition overload effect from galvanized shot

combined with its low damage on both primary and alt fire it really makes the weapon suffer a lot and makes it under preform compared to most

personally i would prefer if the alt fire buffed the primary fire per enemy hit so each enemy hit with a tick of damage would boost primary fire damage by 10% capped at 300% for 5 seconds resetting the timer every tick from the alt fire this would prevent it from being a set and forget while also not being a press alt fire and watch every thing die.

21 minutes ago, outseeker said:

it's probably necessary to prevent constantly getting the "stuck unable to attack in any way or use transference" bug i imagine, which is probably because clients become desync'd and someone thinks you're in operator mode when you're actually in your warframe.. even with the delay we still sometimes get that bug tho :<

Yeah I was thinking the samething too....

Basically it's Lag Compensation... It's crude but it's no where near the Disaster other players make it sound like....

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Perfect... And please remove operator transfer delay to warframe...

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes: 

• Added a daily refresh indicator to Syndicate screens (anywhere where there is an ‘X remaining’ indicator)

This would be really helpful... except for the fact I can't actually equip any syndicate sigils on my Warframe, to be able to earn syndicate standing! Nor can I equip my old-school arcane helmets!

When the mainline patch dropped, it also dropped those FUNCTIONAL cosmetics from the frame I had most recently used (my favorite one to use, of course). And now, every time I try to re-equip them, they disappear as soon as I leave the customization menu.

7 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I suspect this change really was a nerf...
You remember the "change" of Archwing Itzal's #1 ability!
looks the same to me!!
the old movement was much more useful and very fast...
Now, I feel like I'm plastered!  :[

7 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Cause they are one and the same it's not wise to have restriction on gameplay quality for choice as oprator drifter is more of lore and cosmetics change and nothing else

5 minutes ago, Esquivaliencee said:

Void sling is growing on me, but I still think it should be an option, not mandatory :( Void dash with crouch jump, void sling with double jump honestly just seems like a good idea?

yes, I agree with you...
Should be ANOTHER option, if you feel comfortable to use it.  ;)

great some fixes but Unairu Armor Striping using caustic strike isnt working on some things like the liches or sisters like the old blast ability but still works on Acolytes, along with that hitting them with caustic strike doesn't generate Unairi Wisps. Unairi Wisp doesnt seem to be activivating on Eidolons, Liches or anything that enters a invincible state like the angel where you can get it before it goes down but cant get it when its on its knees or in its sacred realm.

Well DE I don´t know what the hell you did last hotfix but valkyr deluxe now has some huge seams where the body connects to the jacket, you can even see the background, still clipping like hell, what a shame, so no fix? is this working as intended?

Spoiler

230410-20220501230135-1.png

Spoiler

230410-20220501230135-2.png

shoehorning other kind of body into your generic skeleton just ruins everything  

Now that the new war is out, are you going to fix nyx, khora, titania, banshee and  nova deluxe skins? you change the textures after purchase witch is a scam

1. Delay on operator Transference sucks DE, is a fast paced game if breaks the flow of the game

2. Void sling is jut bad DE, I hear rumors this change is because mobile, if this is true can we expect the game be butchered even more?

3.The eximus rework is a joke, you can´t even see with all those effects, they are annoying as hell, sometimes they hit you even on the air, or you remove the overguard and the eximus is still immune to cc

4. Enemies are even more brain dead, surprise surprise!!! when you play this new tile set enemies sometimes don´t move or react at all, other times their just standing there on a corner or just wandering , is the tile set too complicated for the ai to navigate?

5. sometimes enemies glow in the dark for some reason is really distracting

6. the valkyr deluxe has some problems 

Her breast deforms in a weird way              Crappy metallic material can´t be colored if you use darker colors                                  the goofy arms clip like hell 

Spoiler

230410-20220427120635-1.png

here are other examples of the arm clipping  you can´t even move with out this falling apart, and is mostly the left arm that clips and deforms the chest

Spoiler

230410-20220428101728-1.png

7. nova deluxe crouch has been broken for a year and half now

Spoiler

16g3CQl.png

8. rhino deluxe helmet breaks when casting Iron skin, before the horn have the stupid glitter effect that you add last time, now it has red paint on the horn and on the sides of the head, also the eyes get looks bad

Spoiler

230410-20220429004746-1.png

9. now that you "improve" the metallic textures of the game you also mess up some warframe  textures DE. I´m gonna look to other frames and let you know to see if you feel like fixing it 

here is another texture that you ruin DE 

before                                                                                                                                                after

Spoiler

230410-20220219142608.png

and is even worst depending of the light the material changes

looks normal                                               looks opaque and glows?                                       even worst                                                             glows

Spoiler

230410-20220422143529-1.png

and limbo deluxe no longer looks metallic

Spoiler

230410-20220217181425.png

before the shapes look more define and with nice reflections                                             now it loos plain and opaque like cheap plastic

Spoiler

2021-01-21-01-15.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-01-21-01-15-02.png

nyx nemesis skin also looks bad now

before well define shapes and metallic look                                                                                  now the shape look plain and opaque like plastic

Spoiler

2021-02-14-17-161.png

before                                                                                                                                              after

Spoiler

2021-02-14-17-16.png

before nyx look like bronze material now looks like cheap ass metallic plastic                            also khora material is no longer metallic but this crap opaque                                                                                                                                                              material by the way armor is still clipping trough her chest

Spoiler

230410-20220209145955-1.png

here is another example nidus prime arm no longer look like metal, no reflection. before it look like silver no is this opaque garbage

Spoiler

230410-20220209145955.png

10. when casting mirage clones the screen flickers randomly  this was report months a go can you fix it a can´t see your animations

11. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette 

12. give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look weird

13. gauss feet are bug

Spoiler

unknown-2021-11-13-00-17.png

14. nikana zaw holster style is bug

15. armors clipping through khora chest

Spoiler

Warframe-2021-08-07-00-00.png

16. khora urushu animation breaks her feet

Spoiler

unknown-2021-11-13-00-16.png

17. you haven´t fix any of this textures, when I purchase this skins didn't look like that you change it months after.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

18. metallic materials look bad if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

nova atomic now has the same material that xaku has, come on DE make up your mind, those white stripes look bad

before                                                                                                                                           after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18-01.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18.png

I don´t know why a bough this skin

19. your promo material show textures that are no the same in game

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-11.png

and here are some caps from devstream and zephyr rework 

devstream                                                                               zephyr rework                                                                           final

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-44-01.png

in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Spoiler

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

8 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Thanks for even more bounty fixes. I hope some (script) fixes are for the not working elevator and secondary mission targets.

I hope a faster void sling (or return of void dash), removal of the transference cd and an eximus overshield revisit are going to be part of bigger feedback changes.
A total CC immunity makes many CC frames almost unplayable and is a big incentive to just join the "tank frame + aoe weapon" meta.

unknown.png

It's no use for them to post different things and people like you keep complaining, all the time you post this crap and I think it's right, Warframe seems like a game made for grumpy kids who don't try anything at all.

4 hours ago, Andvarja said:

So I just did my first bounty.

I chose an Exterm, thrilled to see a few of the basic mission types on offer.  I killed all my enemies, all the while taking note of the "Awaken a Void Angel" objective.  But saw no indicator at all for it.  Huh, that's odd, maybe this will activate when I kill all the enemies for the exterm.  Nope.  The objective is still listed, but there's absolutely no indicator.  I don't know where the angel is, and I'm so far away that I don't know where the elevator is either.  After a while I finally manage to figure out where my elevator is.  I'm thinking maybe the angel is a bonus objective, since it's not showing up?  So I hit the elevator.  And it offers me to abort.  What?  No.  There's no indicator, what am I supposed to do?  So I look it up, and I see that yes, I am expected to find an unmarked angel.  Fine.

After a while of searching in a much-too-large map, in the corner of a big open room, I spot one!  I climb up to her and make note of the glowing belly, this is definitely one.  I attack it.  Nothing happens.  I attack it as operator, nothing happens.  I spend more time searching for info.  Ah, I should be able to trigger an interact button.  So I climb up all over her looking for the prompt, and spamming the interact button just in case.  Nope.  Nothing.  A horrible thought occurs to me.  Is...is this a level decoration that looks identical to angels?  It looks absolutely identical to one we saw activate in an earlier cutscene, it's even up near the ceiling the same way.  This is an angel.  It should be.  So I search some more and find comments also complaining about there being decorations built into the level which look identical to the angels we're supposed to be searching for.

Nope, that's it, I'm done.  I have by this point spent entirely too long on this mission, (not sure if the 15 min no-kill timer applies on these bounties, but I had killed a straggler at some point so I got a little more time from that if so), and I've just learned that this is a game of Where's Waldo (complete with decoys!) on a much too large map.  No.  Nope.  I'm out.

I aborted the mission.  I left the Chrysalis.  I logged out of the game.

Was already a bit frustrated with how bad my operator feels to play with now (I find void sling to feel awful).  But this issue with the bounty, which appears to be a sadistic design decision is too much.  Guess I'll check in some time later to see if this has been changed.

It's not suppose to be unmarked. It's suppose to have a yellow marker when it's part of the mission objective. They spawn unmarked in missions where they're not an objective. So you encountered a bug.

It is a really odd and annoying choice to have "fake" angels around the map. But once you see a real one you'll be able to spot the difference. They do stand out from the environmental ones a fair bit. And they have very few potential spawn locations that you'll naturally memorize quickly.

MELICA on the other hand. Doesn't spawn with a marker, so you do have to search her out. It's not always difficult but sometimes she's #*!%ed off on some side branch room and her marker won't show up until you've planted your face inside of her terminal. At least you can hear her from a fair distance away, and the game seems to guaranteed spawn 2 of her. The angels could really use a sound que like melica and the acolade for her have.

The operator changes, overguard mechanic, and eximus changes are god awful tho. Operator feels less responsive and the whole game feels slower. love needing to stand in place and continuously fire on an overguarded enemy for 20 seconds with a weapon that can one shot steel path acolites. I instantly vaporized by a fire eximus's aoe in a level 20 mission... Game's definitely less fun across the board. At least they eventually bumped up operator survivability after realizing getting bombarded with complaints about how dumb it was that the operator couldn't survive 2 bullets from normal star chart enemies and they bumped up the zariman to steel path level difficulty while expecting us to use operator more frequently and punishing us harder for them dying...

2 hours ago, BaronCandy said:

Cause they are one and the same it's not wise to have restriction on gameplay quality for choice as oprator drifter is more of lore and cosmetics change and nothing else

Except they already have different animations for their movements. Drifter has roll and operator has slide. 

Archived