Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complete mission in under 5 minutes bounty - should be removed.

Prexades

The basic premise of the bounty is wrong on several levels.

- It encourages AoE spam only, limiting frame and weapon selections

- The Zariman tileset is designed to explore to find additional angel feathers, which is not really possible with such a thight timer

- Zariman angels are part of the bounty maps but if you want to get them to obtain pinions, you risk failing the mission because of the mentioned time

In summary this bounty is best to be just removed and placed in the bin of gameplay ideas.

also remove the spending too long in a mission without killing penalty imo. even if thats unlikely i have noticed enemies start to not spawn after you complete your objective in exterminate and i dont think you should be punished for exploring and appreciating the game's new and old areas.

its not like staying in a mission that isnt endless does anything reward wise anyway, so i see 0 reason why you should have the potential to be kicked for  staying in a mission longer than necessary. 

13 минут назад, Prexades сказал:

- The Zariman tileset is designed to explore to find additional angel feathers, which is not really possible with such a thight timer

- Zariman angels are part of the bounty maps but if you want to get them to obtain pinions, you risk failing the mission because of the mentioned time

complete your objective first, then return to kill void angel. problem solved

Timers, ya gotta lovem :facepalm::facepalm:, all this update has does is enforce the Meta, I tried that 5 minute Bounty solo with a fun frame not stopping to do anything else in there and failed it, so I took Mesa back in just to complete it.

The Bounties don't give enough info as well, you need to fast travel to the Nav in the elevator just to see which faction you will be fighting.

I love the update map tiles and such but hate how it's been done with the Bounties.

It does not limit frame selection, just weapon selection. You can do it with a Proboscis Cernos or a Glaive with Excalibur. You do need to be familiar with how Exterminate missions work in general. Well, I've only ever seen the 5 minute bounty for Zariman Exterminate. It'd be impossible for other mission types.

20 minutes ago, Prexades said:

The basic premise of the bounty is wrong on several levels.

In summary this bounty is best to be just removed and placed in the bin of gameplay ideas.

Here's the thing:
You can complete the objective in 5 minutes, and then go about doing everything else to get more quills/pinions and keep the bounty reward.

And generally with how few quills it takes to max out the daily standing it's best to get get the 2 quills from the cephalon, the 1 pinion from the angel, and then leaving.  Once you get 13 quills you've finished an entire days worth of standing, which if you can get a 5 minute exterminate with 3 bonus quills that's 3 missions and you're done....and every 3 missions another days worth of standing, meaning you can get enough quills to get everything of value and keep your standing maxed out as well fairly quickly.

It's honestly not worth it to go looking for crests, vanes, or down once you're past rank 3 since it's honestly a huge waste of time compared to just speed-running missions in 4-7 minutes to get pinions and quills.
And if you keep 30-40 pinions on you then you should be good for when the next two incarnon weapons finally drop.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

its not like staying in a mission that isnt endless does anything reward wise anyway, so i see 0 reason why you should have the potential to be kicked for  staying in a mission longer than necessary. 

That hasn't always been true, and the playerbase has abused non-endless missions to the point where adding the fail timer is kinda needed.

For example people used to play capture missions, down the target, and then leave them downed for 30+ minutes to farm specific resources since during the "chase" of a capture mission there are increased enemy spawns to get in your way.
DE has to add a bleedout timer to the capture target to prevent people when they had a record of a 19 hour capture mission against corpus, and the players were saying that they were using it to grind oxium against level 5 enemies.

The same thing also started to happen in MDef missions where players just wouldn't put in the data-mass, just so that they could camp and kill enemies that never leveled up for hours at a time.

If you want to endlessly farm resources off of enemies there are endless missions, don't just take a bot program into a level 7 Mdef, hold the data mass, and let the bot kill enemies for 12+ hours as you passively gather resouces since the enemies will never stop spawning and will never level up.

SO yeah, blame the playerbase for abusing non-endless missions so hard that DE had to introduce a few mechanics to prevent it from occuring.

28 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Timers, ya gotta lovem :facepalm::facepalm:, all this update has does is enforce the Meta, I tried that 5 minute Bounty solo with a fun frame not stopping to do anything else in there and failed it, so I took Mesa back in just to complete it.

The Bounties don't give enough info as well, you need to fast travel to the Nav in the elevator just to see which faction you will be fighting.

I love the update map tiles and such but hate how it's been done with the Bounties.

you can press the 'Show Minimap' button/keybind ( "M" key by default) anywhere inside the Chrysalith Hub to see the current occupying faction. You don't have to go into the elevator Nav to see it.

46 minutes ago, Prexades said:

You can stay after completing the objective, I agree that the 5min timer isn't fun, but these two points are irrelevant to this issue

2 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

you can press the 'Show Minimap' button/keybind ( "M" key by default) anywhere inside the Chrysalith Hub to see the current occupying faction. You don't have to go into the elevator Nav to see it.

Thank you, I've never thought to try it inside the Chrysalith, I use it while in the map tile, will try it out next time.

2 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Multi-staged bounty reward system (Like Cetus & Fortuna Bounties) when?

8+ mins average to complete a bounty with only 2 instances of rewards.

C'mon, you can do better than that DE.

You should see the Void Armageddon mission with "Kill 3 Void Angels" condition. You get 2 instances of rewards for 20 minutes of play.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

You should see the Void Armageddon mission with "Kill 3 Void Angels" condition. You get 2 instances of rewards for 20 minutes of play.

You get 2 instances of rewards for 20 minutes of play.

20 mins, yup.

No more words are needed.

26 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Gotta go fast. Warrants the excessive use of AoE weapons to achieve the mission condition even more than ever.

AoE go BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Go GIF

Just finished a 5 minute Bounty then, took in Gyre rank 7 and a BIGBOOM stick lol, 1 minute  10 seconds to spare Solo, between all the magnetic procs from the Thrax's, I so try hard to delete those mother%$$$&^s when I seen them, hopefully before they see me run for cover.  VDswsbF.gif

Not really a stressful bounty objective imo. You can do it with any old weapon if you know the basics of exterminate. And it isnt like you get kicked out when you are done, so explore all you want afterwards. Claiming you need to AoE spam to clear an exterminate in 5 minutes is just silly.

9 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Just finished a 5 minute Bounty then, took in Gyre rank 7 and a BIGBOOM stick lol, 1 minute  10 seconds to spare Solo, between all the magnetic procs from the Thrax's, I so try hard to delete those mother%$$$&^s when I seen them, hopefully before they see me run for cover.  VDswsbF.gif

xD

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really a stressful bounty objective imo. You can do it with any old weapon if you know the basics of exterminate. And it isnt like you get kicked out when you are done, so explore all you want afterwards. Claiming you need to AoE spam to clear an exterminate in 5 minutes is just silly.

It's a feature, you don't have to go the AoE route if you don't want to. It's your choice.

But it does make it easier on your brain usage tho.

51 minutes ago, nslay said:

It does not limit frame selection, just weapon selection. You can do it with a Proboscis Cernos or a Glaive with Excalibur. You do need to be familiar with how Exterminate missions work in general. Well, I've only ever seen the 5 minute bounty for Zariman Exterminate. It'd be impossible for other mission types.

It doesn't limit weapon selection to aoe either.

5 minutes is extremely forgiving for a basic exterminate, and if someone failed that, it has nothing at all to do with 'lack of aoe'. By the time anyone reaches these bounties, it isn't unreasonable to expect someone to be capable completing a simple task.

If 'limiting choice' was a real concern, then that's what the 'no ability' bounty does, as it is outright deleting an entire methods of playing the game.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

I can't do it without AoE Spam....

Infact that's how I've been Doing it all Along... 😝

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

No it's not.... This Tileset is not Different than any Other Tileset....

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

It doesn't limit weapon selection to aoe either.

5 minutes is extremely forgiving for a basic exterminate, and if someone failed that, it has nothing at all to do with 'lack of aoe'. By the time anyone reaches these bounties, it isn't unreasonable to expect someone to be capable completing a simple task.

If 'limiting choice' was a real concern, then that's what the 'no ability' bounty does, as it is outright deleting an entire methods of playing the game.

In solo Zariman Exterminate, the spawns are very sparse early on. I've had some close calls... and that's with AoE weapons. Go figure!

Just don’t play it then. 5 min bounty is my fave one because people won’t waste time looking around for random stuff for 10-20 min. It’s one of the few mission types I can go pub and make standing at a reasonable rate.

4 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

It's a feature, you don't have to go the AoE route if you don't want to. It's your choice.

But it does make it easier on your brain usage tho.

That just goes for everything. 5 minutes for an exterminate doesnt exactly increase the need for an AoE gun, since 5 minutes if very forgiving.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

In solo Zariman Exterminate, the spawns are very sparse early on. I've had some close calls... and that's with AoE weapons. Go figure!

They are? I soloed everything in Zariman and never ran into a problem with spawns in exterminate. The few times I had close calls were those situations where I drifted off in the grind and forgot the objective was a 5 minute timer, so doofed around and explored as the timer counted down.

30 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They are? I soloed everything in Zariman and never ran into a problem with spawns in exterminate. The few times I had close calls were those situations where I drifted off in the grind and forgot the objective was a 5 minute timer, so doofed around and explored as the timer counted down.

They are. This is not exactly new information. Spawns are lower and more sparse when you play solo. I'm sure you know this because you're a frequent poster here.

What, do you want a video of mostly empty Zariman exterminate up to near the end? It's uncommon, but it does happen... and I'm not the only one. There are plenty of feedback posts about the 5 minute bounty condition and experiencing a "close call".

The point is that if my Proboscis Cernos can experience a close call, my Braton Vandal would fail in those cases. We know very well that single target weapons are not as efficient as AoE weapons. Furthermore I can't shoot ceilings or walls with Braton Vandal and just continue on carefree like I can Proboscis Cernos. That's the point!

1 minute ago, nslay said:

They are. This is not exactly new information. Spawns are lower and more sparse when you play solo. I'm sure you know this because you're a frequent poster here.

What, do you want a video of mostly empty Zariman exterminate up to near the end? It's uncommon, but it does happen... and I'm not the only one. There are plenty of feedback posts about the 5 minute bounty condition and experiencing a "close call".

The point is that if my Proboscis Cernos can experience a close call, my Braton Vandal would fail in those cases. We know very well that single target weapons are not as efficient as AoE weapons. Furthermore I can't shoot ceilings or walls with Braton Vandal and just continue on carefree like I can Proboscis Cernos. That's the point!

So? You run towards the red marker, that is how exterminate works. It should be impossible to fail unless you run into an actual spawn bug or get distracted because the map isnt that big. Like I said, I never ran into an issue, and I leveled alot of half assed single target guns while clearing out Zariman rep. So really didnt have much AoE with me to fall back on either. 

And we have no clue how poorly equipped people are that complain either. Of course the 5 minute timer will result in close calls or fails if you arent ready for Zariman to begin with since your TTK will be lacking. The intent is that you are supposed to be geared for Zariman, the bounties are afterall 2x the level of the star chart.

Archived