The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got my first kuva lich but I'm wondering if I should kill it or vanquish/sell it and for how much?

(XBOX)R1s1ngDaWN8327

Question

15 answers to this question

One thing to consider is the power level of kuva weapons compared to what is available at lower Mastery Ranks. Depending on how high your Mastery Rank is the Kuva Karak might be pretty useful. 

Personally I'd vanquish all liches until I had at least one of every weapon. They're all pretty good and direct improvements over the regular variants.

Edit: It should also be noted that liches with ephemeras have some value. It may be good to ask around about the price for Vengeful Trickster ephemeras to see if selling the captured lich is more appealing than a gun. Plat is always useful.

9 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

type [vengeful trickster ephemera] in the chat (with the brackets). see if you like it. if you do, kill it. and from what I see the karak seems pretty decent for a rifle although radiation is definitely not a good element for it (try toxin or heat if you like it)

To add onto the other side of this, @(XBOX)R1s1ngDaWN8327:

Based on a Warframe.Market listing and this (admittedly older) Reddit chart on expected Lich values you can expect about 100 plat. Maybe a tad less, like 80, depending on the buy market.

If you really like the ephemera's look, you might want to kill it. But considering that goose-egg I see in the corner, if that ephemera doesn't really do it for you, I'd suggest trying to sell it. The plat probably does you more good in the long run and there's, arguably, better ephemeras to use.

I wouldn't bother trying to sell

just as I wouldn't bother to buy liches.

the lich system has been nerfed into easy mode, plus there's the larvling weapon mercy system

so I'd rather just farm them myself than to pay anyone else for one

if we can assume attitude is common, you'll have a hard time selling

exception? maybe if its the kuva bramma with a element over 55%? might move

the karak is pretty junk though

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I wouldn't bother trying to sell

just as I wouldn't bother to buy liches.

the lich system has been nerfed into easy mode, plus there's the larvling weapon mercy system

so I'd rather just farm them myself than to pay anyone else for one

if we can assume attitude is common, you'll have a hard time selling

exception? maybe if its the kuva bramma with a element over 55%? might move

the karak is pretty junk though

The Karak is pretty good honestly, just needs love. I can see me needing to outsource aka buy Sisters as I just can't get the kills in the Granum void to make my own so buying them isn't always bad :p

In my opinion, unless you get a Lich with a rare Ephemera, on a popular weapon, thats high percentage, its not worth it to sell for a beginner. There are faster and easier ways to make Plat, Liches have received numerous buffs towards being easier and faster to hunt, so demand may not be as high. Plus, if you really do want to start selling Liches, much like Rivens, its definitely easier and better, to do it once you become more knowledgable and understanding of the variables involved, and the kinds of people that buy and sell in the various Markets, Websites etc than taking one off advice in a thread. 

We could say sell it, but we don't know how patient you are. You might go to sell it and get a buyer in a half hour, for over 200 Plat, or after 4 weeks you might have no offers, no matter how low you price it. Selling stuff in Warframe isn't always so straight forward or convenient. Though good luck if you go that route. 

Personally I was too excited to hunt Liches to get the weapons for myself!! There are a lot of cool weapons they have! Sisters too! 

7 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

The Karak is pretty good honestly, just needs love. I can see me needing to outsource aka buy Sisters as I just can't get the kills in the Granum void to make my own so buying them isn't always bad :p

Fair, i should rephrase it

the Karak isn't actually bad, but people think its bad. IE its not a super meta weapon. Thus won't be a big seller.

I wouldn't recommend wanting to bypass the Larvling creation step as a motive to Buy, because you still have to go through the process of defeating the Lich after. if you can't pass the first gate, the rest aren't going to be any easier. Sometimes gatkeeping is a good thing if it keeps underleveled players from getting in over their heads.

I'm selling though so I don't know why your referencing buying?

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I wouldn't recommend wanting to bypass the Larvling creation step as a motive to Buy, because you still have to go through the process of defeating the Lich after. if you can't pass the first gate, the rest aren't going to be any easier. Sometimes gatkeeping is a good thing if it keeps underleveled players from getting in over their heads.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Fair, i should rephrase it

the Karak isn't actually bad, but people think its bad. IE its not a super meta weapon. Thus won't be a big seller.

skipping Larvling isn't so bad; still have to grind up Murmurs and Requiems; you still have to chase her and kill her for good- all buying one does is really get you the element you're after. Far as Tenet weapons go I'm not fussy on them bar MR I only wanted and farmed before any Lich changes; my Bramma. I have a wall of 7 Liches- the Larvling I have been through already. Someone new like our OP would be encouraged and has- they asked if their Lich is worth anything on trade. So I merely supported OP in saying trading a Lich/ Sister isn't a bad idea as some others may think or claim as I bought one from a friend who purposely farmed them for me to have the Vengeful Toxin Ephemera as my luck is atrocious when I want something in games :p

I kept my first Lich for nostalgia because i'm sentimental.

If you don't have this weapon yet, it's a relatively high percentage so you most likely only have to vanquish another one for the full 60% bonus.

But once you get all the Kuva weapons for mastery, you're only going to have to care about the % on the meta ones so it's like whatever.

Afaik. the ones that sell for the most have masks.

On 2022-06-30 at 12:24 AM, (XBOX)R1s1ngDaWN8327 said:

I am the newest person to kuva liches and I've got no clue how their valued so Ihmdkytdhxn891.jpg look to you guys :)

People will only buy weapons at least a 50% bonus, so no.

You'll get the ephemera regardless if you vanquish him or not. 

Definitely conert/sell the Lich.   You will still get the Ephemera.   You can get another/better weapon later.     

WTS [vengeful trickster ephemera] + Kuva Karak 39% Radiation  for X plat....  

Before you try to sell yours though,  filter your trade chat to only show you messages that include  "vengeful"   then you will see how many people are selling ephemeras and for how much.    On playstation I dont see them being sold at all...   either people are getting them their selves or nobody is farming liches to have ephemera to sell.   I always see people asking to buy ephemera though.

Im trying to get Vengeful Pull right now.. im like 6-7 lichs in lol.   As soon as I get it, im gonna convert and ask 200p.   Thats how much I sold all my other ephemera for.    I will ask more if it comes with a cool/high % gun.

Archived