Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blatant false advertising with the Lega prism

nicolajtheking2

I went and farmed for over 3 hours just to get scammed out of all my hard earned toroids, I was told BY IT'S DESCRIPTION that it would do damage over time, but what do I find? NO DOT at all, the prism is a scam, low damage and no DOT as was advertised, I know it can be """"fixed"""" with an arcane or two, but that is one of the issues, WHY should I have to fix this!? and sacrifice my only arcane slot just to fix an issue that DE could fix in less than 5 minutes, I was not told that DOT only worked as long as I was shooting at the enemy (which is idiotic to say the least), WHY WHY WHY, why does it not have DOT, why have DE not fixed this and why is there blatant false advertising for what is in essence a void powered flamethrower, it is an instance of something having more bark than bite, it is also completely useless on the zariman, with it pitiful damage and lack of both AOE and DOT, I know some people is going to say that it might be worth it to spec into an arcane and then farm for half a lifetime just to unlock the second arcane slot, but I have a life, I can't sit down 24/7 and grind standing, I barely had enough time on my hands to get an entire AMP constructed and tested, only to feel lied to and betrayed by the game I like so much, would others not feel lied to if the kuva bramma did not have ANY AOE AT ALL, even though it is written in it's description? or am I all alone in this?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb nicolajtheking2:

I went and farmed for over 3 hours just to get scammed out of all my hard earned toroids, I was told BY IT'S DESCRIPTION that it would do damage over time, but what do I find? NO DOT at all, the prism is a scam, low damage and no DOT as was advertised, I know it can be """"fixed"""" with an arcane or two, but that is one of the issues, WHY should I have to fix this!? and sacrifice my only arcane slot just to fix an issue that DE could fix in less than 5 minutes, I was not told that DOT only worked as long as I was shooting at the enemy (which is idiotic to say the least), WHY WHY WHY, why does it not have DOT, why have DE not fixed this and why is there blatant false advertising for what is in essence a void powered flamethrower, it is an instance of something having more bark than bite, it is also completely useless on the zariman, with it pitiful damage and lack of both AOE and DOT, I know some people is going to say that it might be worth it to spec into an arcane and then farm for half a lifetime just to unlock the second arcane slot, but I have a life, I can't sit down 24/7 and grind standing, I barely had enough time on my hands to get an entire AMP constructed and tested, only to feel lied to and betrayed by the game I like so much, would others not feel lied to if the kuva bramma did not have ANY AOE AT ALL, even though it is written in it's description? or am I all alone in this?

but what should you do in this situation? calling the police or going to court is not possible?

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Dealing damage over time just means that it's designed for sustained bursts rather than single shots. The term has multiple meanings.

Technically, yes. However, as an MMO term it usually means that once one stops firing/using said weapon/skill, the damage continues to tick for a set period of time. The current description of the Lega prism would lead one with said mindset to think it'd do just that, when it does not. Personally I think its description should be changed, because I initially made a Lega amp thinking the same thing (and was disappointed when that wasn't the case). I still use it however.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb nicolajtheking2:

What I did is, post here in hope that it would garner some form of attention so the problem could be fixed.

don't think so. you can only warn people on wiki with a comment.
this forum is not read by devs. and as far as I know it is also looked after by other companies.

3 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

this forum is not read by devs. and as far as I know it is also looked after by other companies.

Why in world does DE not check their own forums? seems strange, and who reads the comments on the wiki pages? most comments are old as stone, inaccurate or outdated.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb nicolajtheking2:

Why in world does DE not check their own forums? seems strange, and who reads the comments on the wiki pages? most comments are old as stone, inaccurate or outdated.

I think someone just summarizes posts in the bug forum.

10 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Of course the devs read the forums. You can find plenty of comments and reply from them.  What a silly thing to say. If you've got nothing to add to the conversation, simply press "back" on your browser and move on.

28 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

DESCRIPTION

Unfortunately, you'll probably find a lot of in-game descriptions that don't reflect the item. You'll get a better idea by looking at the stats where possible. 

Just now, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Unfortunately, you'll probably find a lot of in-game descriptions that don't reflect the item. You'll get a better idea by looking at the stats where possible. 

How am I supposed to know what will and what will not have DOT from the stats alone? I mean I know heat and toxin has a DOT proc but what else is supposed to tell me wether or not the weapons has DOT?

12 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

Most of the descriptions in warframe are wrong. That's a given. You're better off checking out the wiki.

As for the Lega, it was supposed to be a void flamethrower to clear out the little blue enemies during your eidolon hunts. Some players love it, but I think its a waste.

9 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

How am I supposed to know what will and what will not have DOT from the stats alone? I mean I know heat and toxin has a DOT proc but what else is supposed to tell me wether or not the weapons has DOT?

Because DOT in warframe is tied to status proc. It doesn't just magically do DOT damage. You can tell it doesn't have a DOT proc by looking at its damage types (or simply by knowing it is an amp and amps don't have innate damage procs because void damage).

The description is a little fuzzy but it definitely does do damage over time insofar as it is a continuous beam weapon like ignis. 

If you want it to work like you expected it to you can mod it for heat damage and then do heat procs with it.

But anyways this might be a good lesson to research before investment. If a thing takes awhile to farm, doublecheck that you are getting what you want so you don't make a mistake.

Half of playing warframe is reading the wiki imo.

30 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Technically, yes. However, as an MMO term it usually means that once one stops firing/using said weapon/skill, the damage continues to tick for a set period of time. The current description of the Lega prism would lead one with said mindset to think it'd do just that, when it does not. Personally I think its description should be changed, because I initially made a Lega amp thinking the same thing (and was disappointed when that wasn't the case). I still use it however.

Judging one game by the metric of another isn't always productive. Especially when the game in this situation doesn't use the same vernacular nor does it have the same mechanics for DOTs and such as other mmos. 

28 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Because DOT in warframe is tied to status proc. It doesn't just magically do DOT damage. You can tell it doesn't have a DOT proc by looking at its damage types (or simply by knowing it is an amp and amps don't have innate damage procs because void damage).

How was I supposed to know it didn't have some weird void based DOT? it would not be the first time DE would have hidden something about a weapon.

Should it really be a REQUIREMENT to go to the UNOFFICIAL wiki, just to get an idea of what to expect?

@Leqesai Warframe has unique, non-status DoTs on abilities/weapons. Acrid and Saryn's spores immediately come to mind, but I'm sure there are more. The vernacular has been pretty much settled by the playerbase years ago, DE just goofed on the description, even if it's technically correct... like the time they described the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Athodai as a "hand cannon" (which I thought was in its description, but I guess it was when they talked about it on stream)

1 hour ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

DE does, in fact, check their own Forums. But they use sub forums for a reason and are only going to be looking for feedback or bug reports in the designated feedback and bug report sections.

If you want a chance for them to see your issue then post it in the correct location. Not in the general forum that can contain nearly anything and everything relating to the game.

Your only hope of an issue being seen by posting here is a forum moderator deciding to move/merge the thread to the correct location. However I wouldn't expect that to happen given the long winded and ranty nature of this thread.

I really like Lega paired with Phahd as a Void status primer and to tag things like the void doodles on Zariman you have to get rid of during Cascade. None of the Prisms are particularly special compared to the Scaffolds but I feel like Lega is one of the better Prisms.

11 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

@Leqesai Warframe has unique, non-status DoTs on abilities/weapons. Acrid and Saryn's spores immediately come to mind, but I'm sure there are more. The vernacular has been pretty much settled by the playerbase years ago, DE just goofed on the description, even if it's technically correct... like the time they described the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Athodai as a "hand cannon" (which I thought was in its description, but I guess it was when they talked about it on stream)

Good point.

Regarding the vernacular I simply meant warframe doesn't literally write DOT on its stuff like a lot of other mmos do. Regardless of whether or not warframe has some outliers that do unique damage over time it is still a game that uses different terms to describe the same stuff (procs vs dots) afaik

11 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

How was I supposed to know it didn't have some weird void based DOT? it would not be the first time DE would have hidden something about a weapon.

Should it really be a REQUIREMENT to go to the UNOFFICIAL wiki, just to get an idea of what to expect?

As someone who doesn't play a pot of mmos I found the description fairly consistent with what the weapon does. Maybe it's prior knowledge with similarly worded things in other games that threw you on this one.

Regardless I do agree the description could be made more clear. On a number of things tbh.

3 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

DOT usually just means a status proc. The lega prism probably has the highest status chance. That's probably what the description is vaguely referring to. That's just my guess though.

6 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

The notion that DE looks at feedback on the forums has long been a myth perpetuated by the community. They stopped looking at the forums years ago.

Archived