Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want Gauss to drift SO BADLY.

Tellmeninetails

I want Gauss to drift, I want to drift Gauss, I don't even care if it's useful or good I just want to do it so bad. He can only run but why not slide turn? 
A way I can see it happening is if it was an augment that let you slide in place and re-aim you or something, but that's not important, what's important to me is gauss drifting. When I think gauss I think eurobeat, how am I supposued to listen to my eurobeat while playing gauss if he can't drift?! 
I hope one day they patch the terrible gamebreaking bug were you can't drift with gauss.

if gauss could drift i would definitely use him!

drift-car.gif

"Mach, Mach, Mach, ive got to Rush using Mach! Tonight, i'll fly (and be your runner)"

Ah
Do you like my Gauss?
Guess you're ready 'cause I'm waiting for you
It's gonna be so exciting
Got this feeling really deep in my soul
Let's get out, I wanna go, come along,
Gonna take my Gauss, gonna run
Gonna sprint along 'til I get you
'Cause I'm crazy, hot and ready, but you like it
I wanna race for you (Shall I go now?)
Mach, Mach, Mach
I've got to Rush using Mach!
Tonight, I'll fly (and be your runner)
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I'll be so quick as a flash
And I'll be your hero

decided to edit lyrics from the Song, "Gas, Gas, Gas" by Manuel which is from Initial D

just thought it would be a fun and fitting thing for Gauss 😆

6 hours ago, Tellmeninetails said:

let you slide in place and re-aim

I think ALL frames should be able to do that innately (coz they all can get pretty fast with buffs).   As in, slide, rotate during slide, and then exit slide in desirable direction with Sprint or movement ability. 

Kinda like Raiden does it.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

if gauss could drift i would definitely use him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ls4n_13QQI

12 hours ago, Tellmeninetails said:

A way I can see it happening is if it was an augment that let you slide in place and re-aim you or something, but that's not important, what's important to me is gauss drifting.

Ok, but what it would change GAMEPLAY WISE?

7 hours ago, quxier said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ls4n_13QQI

Ok, but what it would change GAMEPLAY WISE?

??? what do you mean? The gamplay would change because Gauss could drift. Do things need a significant gameplay change? Peculiar mods exsist.
Some benifits might be he could drift and make a right hand turn without having to stop running or hitting a wall, and while hitting a wall is pretty good it isn't what everyone wnats to do, especally in places where there are no walls.
Like maybe while he's drifting he leaves a trail of fire or shoots out sparks that damage enemies in a small cone that damage enemies and shred their armour or shields or just straight up do damage.

Wasn't sure at first but I'm fully onboard with the idea of an Exilus mod that allows Gauss to drift, could just be a fun augment to have - no need for everything to increase the damage output of a frame. Equally, while he is more of a "kinetic" frame more so than "speed" if the mod absolutely needed to have some ability enhancing mechanism then maybe drifting into enemies allows him steal some of their speed which inflicts a slow debuff on them and gives him a slight fire-rate/attack speed/running speed buff.

9 hours ago, Tellmeninetails said:

??? what do you mean? The gamplay would change because Gauss could drift. Do things need a significant gameplay change? Peculiar mods exsist.

Yes, I think mods should change something more than just looks. Peculiar mods are just exceptions. We have like 3 or 4 Peculiar mods.

Some benifits might be he could drift and make a right hand turn without having to stop running or hitting a wall, and while hitting a wall is pretty good it isn't what everyone wnats to do, especally in places where there are no walls.

Ok, but how it's different than pressing left or right (A or D on PC) while running (hold 1)? Maybe I'm missing something.

Like maybe while he's drifting he leaves a trail of fire or shoots out sparks that damage enemies in a small cone that damage enemies and shred their armour or shields or just straight up do damage.

He already damage enemies around him while running.

However leaving trail of fire (or other damage or armor/shield strip) is something different.

On 2022-08-21 at 12:32 PM, Tellmeninetails said:

if it was an augment

Bandaid Game Design... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it's fine since you stated that you don't care how it happens.

On 2022-08-21 at 7:08 PM, Kainosh said:

Kinda like Raiden does it.

76 Seconds Of Raiden Drifting.... Unfortunately It was always only in Cutscenes and Never in Game Play... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTW you can "Drift" in Prototype.

On 2022-08-21 at 4:17 PM, Raarsi said:

It'd definitely be funny to see, but I already crash enough on him enough without partial loss of steering.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a flame trail happen when he comes to a dead stop without crashing.

Just subsume Nezha's Fire Walker on him, and you'll have your fire trail.

13 minutes ago, AkHannar said:

Just subsume Nezha's Fire Walker on him, and you'll have your fire trail.

That's just the run; I only want it and maybe a forward shockwave when he stops without crashing into something.

On 2022-08-23 at 7:47 AM, Lutesque said:

only in Cutscenes

It was a visual reference.

For this to work, DE only need to:

1) Enable Slide to "end" all movement abilities, with smooth momentum transition (Tailwind, M-rush, Vial rush and such).  Slide should just cancel the cast similar to how Jump cancels Vial Rush on Lavos..... But with momentum transition (artificial or not, doesn't matter. It can be power str based, or simply a boosted version of slide). 

......and thats it.     Because its already possible to Mach Rush straight from Sliding, in any direction.  Tailwind works like that too.    

With this tweak, you can Mach Rush > Slide + turn > Mach Rush.     You also can cancel Tailwind by tapping Crouch once...or transit into bullet jump.  Best solution IMO.

On 2022-08-23 at 11:47 AM, quxier said:

Yes, I think mods should change something more than just looks. Peculiar mods are just exceptions. We have like 3 or 4 Peculiar mods.

Ok, but how it's different than pressing left or right (A or D on PC) while running (hold 1)? Maybe I'm missing something.

Ok but what if it was just a straight up buff that he can always do?

Last time I played him you can't turn very well while using his 1,

On 2022-08-23 at 2:47 PM, Lutesque said:

Bandaid Game Design... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it's fine since you stated that you don't care how it happens.

Yeah I was trying to encourage helpful input rather than ridicule. Guess that didn't work.

4 hours ago, Tellmeninetails said:
On 2022-08-23 at 3:47 AM, quxier said:

Ok but what if it was just a straight up buff that he can always do?

Last time I played him you can't turn very well while using his 1,

Yeah, that's why they should increase turning speed (and make it using mouse on PC). Then if turning speed is ok but ability is still missing something then we can add some augment or something.

Archived