Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

56 minutes ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

Wiping out the map is also what warframes like Saryn and Mesa (etc) do. Because players randomly group with either and don't like not being able to kill enemies, these warframes need to be nerfed too? Whoever gets to the enemies first kills them. To avoid the carpet bombing/nuking of other players, can play solo (but we play group because we like playing with other players - this means have to make a compromise).
Why is carpet bombing worse than nuking a map?

Instead of nerfing ammo across the board (which ruins a lot of weapons), if AoE is the problem, just remove AoE.
Then it doesn't suck for new players and everyone gets to kill enemies and there is no AFK.
From what i have read of other players complaints its not AoE thats the problem by itself, its AFK that's the problem used in conjunction with AoE.
The change to Wukong's Twin using ammo was ok but that's about it.

Warframe is about being able to choose how we play missions.
As long as players are able to wipe out a map in the shortest time possible, players are going to keep wiping out a map in the shortest time possible.
If its not with AoE weapons it will be with AoE warframes.

Is everything we like using going to continue to be nerfed because we 'all' like using it?
We are being punished for liking playing Warframe in our own way if that way is the same as everyone else's.
Few Devstreams back DE Steve said instead of nerfing the good stuff, the aim will be to bring the less used up to a better standard, but the nerfing continues.
The (temporary) ammo nerf on weapon charging nearly killed the game. Nerfing ammo doesn't make it better for players that like playing solo. Playing solo is now a bad thing?

Saryn has been nerfed before. Several times iirc. So yes, if a Warframe is deemed in need of nerfing, they will be. Mesa isn't at quite the same threat level since she doesn't scale as well, last I heard.

The ammo change is harsh, I don't disagree. But after some time passes and feedback rolls in, I'd imagine they'll tweak things. They already reversed the battery weapons because of the severity of the situation there. And even if they don't change anything else on ammo, that means you use ammo pads more often. Adapt to the situation.

To say to "just remove AoE" is silly. What does that accomplish? You talk of playing the game the way you choose. If they take away the ability to do AoE entirely, they're taking away your choice 100%. You think you'd keep playing this game if they did that? I know I wouldn't, and I'm not even mad about the AoE changes.

Your question is an obvious yes. Look at Catchmoon. It was THE secondary. Damn near everyone used it more than any other secondary. So it got obliterated with nerfs. That's how it goes.

Steve may have had the intentions, but he's with Soulframe now, so that comment unfortunately isn't applicable now unless the rest of the team feels the same way. And judging by what they did with Spearguns (unintentionally), it doesn't sound like they are gonna push too hard to bring other stuff up to snuff.

I don't think the battery situation "nearly killed the game", but even if it were headed that route, it was reversed. If the ammo issue heads that way, it'll be fixed up as well.

We have multitudes of available resources at our disposal, so I'd recommend try some things out and adapt to the changes. Yes, certain circumstances require feedback to try and resolve serious discrepancies. But not everything here was bad changes.

always nerfing everything to shreds ... why u dont ban players directly if they have fun in the game? or why dont delete the warframes entirely because some player use em often? 

wukong was a great warframe and much fun, now instantly one of the crapiest in the game. the twin has very bad aim and shoots most of the time on walls or obstacles. the ammo share now emptys very fast so the player itself cant use its weapon anymore. if you pick up ammo, the twin shoots it instantly into the wall. that bad aim and ammo waste is now topped that the twin only make 1/4th of the dmg as before. so he has to use 4x the ammo amount he dont has because he shooted it into the wall. the next is, he can kill himself if a weapon has aoe/explosion. 

so u cast that twin, he empties your ammo rapidly without making any dmg at all and if u pick up new ammo he uses it to kill himself.

I think if it were possible for you devs, to program real injury possibilities on the user's keyboard, then you would do it with great pleasure.

• Like 6

On 2022-09-07 at 5:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

SYNDICATE PLEDGING

We have decoupled the need to wear an affiliated Syndicate Sigil to gain Standing in-mission. Meaning Syndicate Sigils are now purely cosmetic! 

*Pledging is only available for the 6 Faction Syndicates: Steel Meridian, New Loka, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, and The Perrin Sequence. 

In their place, you now have the ability to Pledge allegiance to a Syndicate to increase your Standing with them and their allies. We have also removed the Rank-specific Standing bonuses inherent with Sigils. Now, Pledging will earn you 15% of Affinity gain (previously the top rank 5 Sigil bonus) as Standing in that Syndicate, regardless of your Rank. 

Pledging is done in the Syndicate segment in your Orbiter. You will be able to select which Syndicate to Pledge to after accessing your Syndicate Segment following this update. Should you change your mind, you can simply select the ‘Change Pledge’ button and select a new Syndicate to pledge yourself to. Alternatively, you can Rescind your Pledge if you are unsure what Syndicate to commit to. 

To help with managing your Standing across Syndicates, pledging allegiance now better displays the Syndicate’s relationship status with the other Syndicates (neutral, enemy, or allied).

With this change, did you removed the display of the counted result of the negative impact in reputation to other factions at the end of mission?

PdnVpz.jpg

Edited by Ejsstiil
fix
  • Like 1

Despite people being all upset and angry about AOE weapon nerfs, I love this update.

So many things that I wanted for a long time are finally here.

Still waiting for DE to fix the akimbo secondary running animation, though... come on guys, this should be a breeze for you.

What I mean is if you have akimbo secondary equipped, while you're running you have one, lets say, pistol holding it upwards in the right hand, while swaying the left hand. Make it symmetric, PLEASE! This has been bugging me for YEARS now.

Felarx Incarnon Form changes: 

• These changes were made thanks to Community Feedback that the Felarx was struggling compared to other Incarnon weapons in its class. 
  • Now uses a larger projectile. 
  • Increased damage while in Incarnon Form from 600 to 700.   
  • Increased the FX on the Incarnon Form. 
  • Fixed unintended animation behavior with the shells during reload. 

So is there any plan to change Incarnon form of Felarx? People noted that Felarx' incarnon form is worse than normal form.

On other hand what about Incarnon melees:

?

Thank you.

• Added sound FX to Eximus when their Overguard shields are depleted. 

Is there a way to turn it off? It is very annoying in missions with multiple Eximus, hurts my sanity :( 

Edited by Haazen
Better quote
  • Like 1

On 2022-09-07 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Kahl’s Garrison - COMING NEXT WEEK!

• New Syndicate coming soon - this Syndicate auto-ranks with weekly gameplay progress rather than needing Standing!
  • Weekly ‘Break Narmer’ Garrison Assignments (Play As Kahl-175)

We got a date on this yet?

On 2022-09-07 at 10:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Added Globelight interaction onboard the Zariman near the external ship bay.

I can't find any interactive one, only a prop on the bench near Cephalon terminal and 3 on memorial altar. Is it another easter egg??

On 2022-09-07 at 10:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Adjusted how the Somatics blend with the Holdfast NPC’s.

The effects just disappeared completely after the update. Everyone is reverted to normal skin.

On 2022-09-11 at 7:09 PM, diedoffear said:

So... if its 2 weeks. that 154d its a placeholder number? is it bugged? or its going to end in feb 12 ?

4OnlmGR.png

Go to the first page of this thread, press CTRL+F and search for Nightwave. Right under the screenshot you"ll find your answer.

On 2022-09-07 at 8:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

• Kahl’s Garrison - COMING NEXT WEEK!
    • New Syndicate coming soon - this Syndicate auto-ranks with weekly gameplay progress rather than needing Standing!
    • Weekly ‘Break Narmer’ Garrison Assignments (Play As Kahl-175)

OK so it's Next Week now. When does this go live? Today? Tuesday? Wednesday? You can't just say "Starting next week" and not give us anything at the start of said week.

There is an issue with the new Solar Rail spectres.  

The new introduction cut scene has your warframe locked in place for several seconds after the cut scene is finished.  It is to the point that the spectres get a free attack or two on you before you can move, cast abilities, use your operator, or otherwise react.

This is particularly egregious with Saryn on the Steel Path.  She will down your shields and often kill you with a toxin proc before you can move (bypassing the shield gate invulnerability).  I had to retry the mission until the toxin proc didn't kill me outright and immediately switch to operator and let the toxin proc expire.

Edited by Lord_Tao

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do the Syndicate changes mean you can't earn standing with multiple Syndicates anymore? I used to slap sigils for different neutral Syndicates (Steel Meridian and Arbiters of Hexis for example) on multiple frames so I could farm standing for more than one instead of relying on allied standing or whatever.

Edited by Ne0nRunner

34 minutes ago, Ne0nRunner said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do the Syndicate changes mean you can't earn standing with multiple Syndicates anymore? I used to slap sigils for different neutral Syndicates (Steel Meridian and Arbiters of Hexis for example) on multiple frames so I could farm standing for more than one instead of relying on allied standing or whatever.

Correct. We can only align with one at a time.

Edited by Twisted_Wisdom

34 minutes ago, Ne0nRunner said:

We can't be pledged to more than one syndicate at a time now, but we only play one frame at a time anyway.  Before, we tracked syndicate allegiance by remembering which frames and appearance tabs were assigned to which and changing between missions.  Now it's all handled through the syndicate screen, and you can pick any frame and appearance you want.

Different process, different pros and cons.  But as far as standings go,  same end result.

Love all the changes made! Except killing my boy Wukong. :(
Sharing ammo pool is too much. Hard enough to keep my own ammo up.
Halving the dmg, bites but I can live with it. 
Stagger dmg, seems purely targeted for stopping people from using the bramma, I will need to change my mods for my twin now.

Why not give a seperate panel like a exalted weapon. since your hurting dmg and causing stagger to affect him. Let us build him to be able to counter the huge nurf.?

On 2022-09-10 at 3:58 PM, XennethKeisere said:

The sad truth is, AOE needed to be nerfed somewhat if for no other reason than because there were players who would use the same AOE weaponry and wipe out the entire map constantly to the point that other players felt like they could not play the game because there was nothing for them to kill. This combined with the AFK strategy that a lot of players put together to manipulate the system for farming resources, warranted attention.

I always play alone so i don't care about that, and MOST of the people in warframe ALWAYS play solo. It's been a long time since you needed strategy & team to finish a mission, essentially because you are an overpower demi-god against the enemies, it's a hack and slash game which comes with the endgame being 'how fast can you kill' NOT 'if you can kill or die trying'. AOE weapons ARE the end-game. This AOE nerf is a big FU to the time veterans invest min-maxing endgame gear. From playing solo to not playing the game at all seems the only option.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, max784020 said:

I always play alone so i don't care about that, and MOST of the people in warframe ALWAYS play solo. It's been a long time since you needed strategy & team to finish a mission, essentially because you are an overpower demi-god against the enemies, it's a hack and slash game which comes with the endgame being 'how fast can you kill' NOT 'if you can kill or die trying'. AOE weapons ARE the end-game. This AOE nerf is a big FU to the time veterans invest min-maxing endgame gear. From playing solo to not playing the game at all seems the only option.

That doesn't counter the fact of AFK farmers still being present. If anything, people probably play solo BECAUSE they're AFK farming (no, not every solo play does it, before anyone tries putting words into my mouth).

If a game has become "How fast can you kill?" then there's either significant issues with the game, or you've already reached that point where there is no growth and you may have better investment in seeking alternative opportunities that involve growth. Does that involve farming? Sure. It helps further you along in game, in theory. But just as actual farmers have to adapt to nature, its elements, etc. so must everyone who plays any game that goes through regular updates adapt to their changes.

By all means though, if you feel quitting is your best option, you do you. Worst case scenario is, your life improves by spending your time doing something else important; best case scenario, your absence along with the absence of many other players sends a silent message to DE who makes improvements on the game.

Kahl's sabotage missions can rot.
I have spent many hours trying to get through them (more than once) in an attempt to maybe get more of the objectives done.
I had to get another player in discord VC to show me how to do the mission to be able to complete it the first time.
The last run to find the 4 k-drive parts, took 2hr 16min to only be able to find one. Could hear the chime of the second part but searching the map in the area 360deg., in 3D didn't locate it. I even used a map made by other players on where to find the k-drive part spawn points.

I have never had so much no-fun playing warframe as trying to get the Kahl mission objectives done.
I've made an effort to be able to play Warframe reasonably well. I collected all the Warframes, weapons etc, put effort into mod configs, and now I don't get to use them.
Its also a pain not knowing what's intended or a glitch instead, as i keep finding those.
Welcome to find-the-needle-in-the-haystack - something i hate.
At least with farming Voidplumes we have loot detection mods and the Golden Instinct helminth ability.

The maximum Stock i might be able to farm each week from Kahl's Garrison is only 45 Stock which means it will take until the end of the year to farm enough Stock to buy out Chipper.
Can only manage to do:
1. Remove 5 Veils using Veilbreaker
2. Collect 5 Genestamps
3. Find and collect Chipper's Tools.
and it wasn't fun.

Can't use Styanax as using his 4th skill causes simulator sickness with how it changes my perspective.
But you can use his other abilities! NOOOO! there is no point in using the warframe when I can't use the warframe's best skill.
I couldn't finish the mod config on Styanax because using forma and re-leveling him made me feel too ill to continue playing.

I can do the once-a-week Archon Sortie if it doesn't glitch on me, and some of it solo, so its not like i am incompetent.

Edited by Twisted_Wisdom