Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Update 32

[DE]Megan

Another "awesome" thing... adding an invulnerable shield (you know, such a popular grineer thing to have) to the enemy the flies and darts away as you get near, that punch through also doesn't work on (another negated thing because that's how you make difficulty; make something you cannot counter)... magic I guess?. Oh and not only is it damn near impossible to hit, it also has some of the highest damage of any enemy, with seeker missile volleys. So cool. Wonder if he gets to have ammo. 

I try to be positive. But seriously, first you take the ammo that was sorely needed on so many weapons "because AOE spam"... so glad people won't be spamming their Zylok or Spira Prime anymore... and now you're doing the whole "let's make it difficult by making no way to avoid it" after it went over so well with Eximus. No wonder the game keeps going downhill. 

I very much hated AOE spam and only used it on the mind numbing time/forma sink needed for every frame. I could care less about that, and the sensible thing would have been to lower their ammo, not remove the ammo from merciless. But you think that every single situation will just magically have the ammo we'll need. Nope. Goodbye exilus slot that I once got to use for silencing the weapons (because... Ivara). Really, really sad about this. 

• Like 6

I've done an archon hunt now and unfortunately it's kinda dogS#&$. Damage attenuation is the dumbest and worst system ever imagined in this game (and that spot is in competition with some of the awful and thankfully reversed UI decisions in previous years). Unequipping mods to deal more damage should not be a thing. If you want to make enemies tanky, just give them a giant healthpool. Dont invalidate modding in a game all about modding.

This is really a shame because after reading the patchnotes I was kinda hopeful. The new systems sounded pretty fun but in practice the archon hunt is #*!%ing awful.

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I've done an archon hunt now and unfortunately it's kinda dogS#&$. Damage attenuation is the dumbest and worst system ever imagined in this game (and that spot is in competition with some of the awful and thankfully reversed UI decisions in previous years). Unequipping mods to deal more damage should not be a thing. If you want to make enemies tanky, just give them a giant healthpool. Dont invalidate modding in a game all about modding.

This is really a shame because after reading the patchnotes I was kinda hopeful. The new systems sounded pretty fun but in practice the archon hunt is #*!%ing awful.

kek. imagine suddenly doing LESS DAMAGE after using Roar. what a #*!%ing amazing system. 

"b-but think of the lower geared players" #*!% em. they gotta grind like everybody else and then do the so called "higher level content" 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

kek. imagine suddenly doing LESS DAMAGE after using Roar. what a #*!%ing amazing system. 

"b-but think of the lower geared players" #*!% em. they gotta grind like everybody else and then do the so called "higher level content" 

It's okay, eventually Tencent will see the players dropping like flies and do something about it.. They are NOT a company interested in squandering their investments.

Did the Archon sortie, was okay. A little disappointed that you only get to choose 1 stat in each archon shard, I was hoping i could tank up some weaker frames to play steel path but it looks like it's basically a couple extra low powered mod slots. All 5 might get you a slightly tougher build but nothing to prevent you getting 1-shotted randomly. I guess shield gating is still the meta :/

Edited by FA22_RaptoR
  • Like 3

So I was finally able to learn what Crimson Shards actually do

+25% Melee Critical Damage.
+25% Primary Status Chance.
+25% Secondary Critical Chance.
+10% Ability Strength.
+10% Ability Duration.

Those ability stats are very lackluster. All 5 tauforged into ability strength won't even equal my Umbral Intensify. I was kinda hoping for efficiency or range on these, since these are the two stats most limited by currently available mods. But even the stats we did get aren't particularly strong. Yet blue shards could double my armor on Grendel? Or ludicrous casting speed(which I'm probably going for to turn his 3 into a machine gun).

• Like 8

here we go again, time to play for one week then forget about this game for months until something slightly relevant is released...

btw, those ammo things change basically nothing.

THE PROBLEM ISNT IN THE WEAPONS. IT'S ABOUT THE CORE GAMEPLAY OF WARFRAME REQUIRING "KILLS PER SECOND" IN MOST MODS.

WE WILL ALWAYS PRIORITIZE AOE BECAUSE IT KILLS MORE. DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH YOU NERF THEM.

please design proper game modes if you want us to play differently. 

if you nerf every single aoe weapon, we'll just use nuke frames like we did before.

nerf nuke frames and we'll abuse grouping abilities and small aoe damage like gas and electric.

it doesn't matter how much you nerf, this does NOT solve the problem.

it's been years, how can you guys not realize what you're doing wrong? fixing a problem by creating another problem. and we can't even buy the solution...

• Like 13

59 minutes ago, Nonja said:

"Mesa bad"

Just for you bby <3

My Mesa doesn't even have subsumes, I only started Deimos yesterday lmao

Who doesn't know how to mod, again? 💀

Alright, sure, that´s your build that includes arcane velocity which I don´t normally run on mesa as I like to run molt augmented combined with pillage and it just gives me even more armor strip (which is even better now with this update), more dmg on mesa 2 , 90% DR instead of 80% on mesa 3 and a bigger dmg multiplier on regulators that´s less potent than velocity imo.

Now lemme show you my version (with build included as this is my normal mesa build, nothing ridiculous like min-maxing my build just for this single simulacrum showcase). I even included velocity in this build instead of my augmented. The only change I´ll make with this new update since apparently speedholster got... completely changed? I´m gonna swap it out for growing power for more ability strength. This is a 100% ability strength setup (with growing power and molt augmented it´s gonna be 185%) just with arcane velocity instead of augmented now for more regulator damage. My mesa build is way more focused on having energy constantly to cast pillage and mesa 4 with the occassional 2 and 3 as well as general utility and survivability mods like natural talent, PSF, the augment and of course rolling guard.

After the mesa DPS test on 20 lvl 190 corrupted heavy gunners (baby chart mode) I demonstrated a zarr DPS test as well to show how much easier it is with a zarr.

And no I don´t consider any part of my mesa build replacable right now apart from the aura that I will replace as said (and my velocity since I prefer molt augmented). And I enjoy my mesa for what I use her (mostly liches when I feel like it).

The quality went a bit yanky after I uploaded since I found some free site but it´s still mostly visible.

https://www.veed.io/view/ddff49d0-ec9f-47c3-bd9a-de31ad53f296

Also I didn´t call mesa bad, that´s just what you named your video for whatever reason. Mesa is still really good (but less good than a zarr) for baby chart content however tho she is still pretty bad in SP vs grineer (unless you subsume her 4 and just make a build that takes her whole idenitity away and focuses on mostly her 2) and considering grineer are our most fought enemies sadly that´s a pretty big hit which is exactly why I even made my build more armor strip oriented and utility.

1 hour ago, Kaichi16 said:

here we go again, time to play for one week then forget about this game for months until something slightly relevant is released...

btw, those ammo things change basically nothing.

THE PROBLEM ISNT IN THE WEAPONS. IT'S ABOUT THE CORE GAMEPLAY OF WARFRAME REQUIRING "KILLS PER SECOND" IN MOST MODS.

WE WILL ALWAYS PRIORITIZE AOE BECAUSE IT KILLS MORE. DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH YOU NERF THEM.

please design proper game modes if you want us to play differently. 

if you nerf every single aoe weapon, we'll just use nuke frames like we did before.

nerf nuke frames and we'll abuse grouping abilities and small aoe damage like gas and electric.

it doesn't matter how much you nerf, this does NOT solve the problem.

it's been years, how can you guys not realize what you're doing wrong? fixing a problem by creating another problem. and we can't even buy the solution...

i don't think DE will ever be able to learn that. learning that no matter what, they DESIGNED a game made for AoE. and so, should create stuff that requires less kills per second. and more stuff about single damage target or the likes.

1 hour ago, Mag_Gaming said:

Alright, sure, that´s your build that includes arcane velocity which I don´t normally run on mesa as I like to run molt augmented combined with pillage and it just gives me even more armor strip (which is even better now with this update), more dmg on mesa 2 , 90% DR instead of 80% on mesa 3 and a bigger dmg multiplier on regulators that´s less potent than velocity imo.

Now lemme show you my version (with build included as this is my normal mesa build, nothing ridiculous like min-maxing my build just for this single simulacrum showcase). I even included velocity in this build instead of my augmented. The only change I´ll make with this new update since apparently speedholster got... completely changed? I´m gonna swap it out for growing power for more ability strength. This is a 100% ability strength setup (with growing power and molt augmented it´s gonna be 185%) just with arcane velocity instead of augmented now for more regulator damage. My mesa build is way more focused on having energy constantly to cast pillage and mesa 4 with the occassional 2 and 3 as well as general utility and survivability mods like natural talent, PSF, the augment and of course rolling guard.

After the mesa DPS test on 20 lvl 190 corrupted heavy gunners (baby chart mode) I demonstrated a zarr DPS test as well to show how much easier it is with a zarr.

And no I don´t consider any part of my mesa build replacable right now apart from the aura that I will replace as said (and my velocity since I prefer molt augmented). And I enjoy my mesa for what I use her (mostly liches when I feel like it).

The quality went a bit yanky after I uploaded since I found some free site but it´s still mostly visible.

Also I didn´t call mesa bad, that´s just what you named your video for whatever reason. Mesa is still really good (but less good than a zarr) for baby chart content however tho she is still pretty bad in SP vs grineer (unless you subsume her 4 and just make a build that takes her whole idenitity away and focuses on mostly her 2) and considering grineer are our most fought enemies sadly that´s a pretty big hit which is exactly why I even made my build more armor strip oriented and utility.

bruh. i advise go on a large grineer tileset and use saryn , she'll outkill anything. she kills mobs that just SPAWNS. zarr can't do that. and i don't mean in simulacrum where there's a single bunch of mobs all tightly grouped and that's it. i mean in actual gameplay. if you want, we can do check this out together later. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Primary/Secondary Merciless Arcane: Removed its +100% Ammo Maximum bonus. 

How about we get something in return for a lost stat on this arcane, hmm? It wasn't even as popular as the Deadhead, and now it simply became worse. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Mag_Gaming said:

I didn't min-max my build for simulacrum, that's my regular everyday use build, I even have viral damage on the regulators against lvl 155 bombards with 0 armor strip, can you cope any harder... I would put them higher level if I could but that's my mr cap

Your Mesa build is just bad, I am sorry.. you don't need 175 efficiency, and you don't need Sure Footed because you are knockdown-immune during 4, put some strength into your build and see how you'll actually do damage like I did.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Mag_Gaming said:

Bro your Mesa build is horrible...she can wipe the floor w grineer SP, and you're testing vs corrupted which she can also wipe.  I never play Mesa, but just tested vs 20 lvl 185 HCGs and did some mod switching, nowhere near minmaxed w no helminth and she wipes 20 in about 10 seconds.  You should not be talking any trash.

• Like 7

I was going based on your Mesa kill rate...it was not fast or good at all.  You're showing a pretty horrible Mesa build and saying she's bad vs Grineer SP, and using that as a basis for the Zarr being better.  Maybe accept Mesa can do a lot more than what you're showing and its not like you have to aim w her either.  She can also clear that mob from the podium, which the Zarr cannot.

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 4

From the QOL updates alone (haven't jumped in game to feel out the weapon/ammo changes), these patch notes have been a true joy to read.

Ignis Wraith available to all.  Xoris works with BR/WW.  Speargun improvements.  Last Gasp changes.  QOL improvements on all starters.  Cooldown reduction on transference (thank you!).  Arbitrations health buff.  Felarx buff, slightly.  Armor strip buffs.  Excal buff is cool.  Archon mods look great, but formaing and maxing will be another grindy hell.

I only don't know about the gems stuff and the ammo changes.  Stat improvements are cool, but if they're grindy, the grind better be enjoyable.

Wish we could've gotten some Fortuna adjustments?  Maybe?  Would benefit new players who haven't maxed Fortuna and Duck yet.  Wish Loki could've gotten some attention too, but oh well.  Good job!

• Like 1

i just played this new "archon battle"

it's ridiculous. 

it worked in TNW because we didn't have access to our loadout and stuff

now archons are just bullet sponges with LOTS of invulnerability fases, every bad characteristic bosses have seems to be incorporated into archon fights.

i spent literally 5min standing still shooting at boreal's head. it barely done any damage to me and even doing hundreds of thousands of damage per second, it still took so long.

FOR ENDO. FOR SORTIE REWARDS. SERIOUSLY, DE?

this is just a weekly sortie, but it takes longer because bosses are fking bullet sponges. 

i'm deeply disappointed. i do hope this was the last of steve's bad ideas without proper thinking and reb will make warframe great again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZackWyvern said:

Stat improvements are cool, but if they're grindy, the grind better be enjoyable.

is there any enjoyable grind in warframe? 

i mean... maybe, i KINDA like steel path survival... but everything else is a mess of RNG and timelocks

• Like 2