Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Styanax is very well designed and fun to play. He incentivizes being aggressive.

Jarriaga

Kudos, DE. I really enjoyed my time with Styanax after going from rank 0 to 30 in a single solo SP survival mission. His 1, 2, 4 combo is stellar: Group all enemies, strip their armor in a single cast (200 strength) and shred them to pieces. And his 3 pretty much makes him immortal and self-sustained with energy as long as you're aggressive and keep-up the kills. It also gives you a crit boost thanks to his passive working with it.

All of his abilities synergize well and I'm having a very hard time thinking of a Helminth build for him that doesn't make me feel like I'm compromising or losing something valuable in the main build. I haven't felt like this about a new WF since I first played with Gauss. 

Well done. Gave him an Umbra forma with pleasure.

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Kudos, DE. I really enjoyed my time with Styanax after going from rank 0 to 30 in a single solo SP survival mission. His 1, 2, 4 combo is stellar: Group all enemies, strip their armor in a single cast (200 strength) and shred them to pieces. And his 3 pretty much make him immortal as long as you're aggressive. It also gives you a crit boost thanks to his passive synergizing with it.

All of his abilities synergize well and I'm having a very hard time thinking of a Helminth build for him that doesn't make me feel like I'm compromising or losing something valuable in the main build. I haven't felt like this about a new WF since I first played with Gauss. 

Well done. Gave him an Umbra forma with pleasure.

Mechanically I don't have much issue with him, he plays fine, but doesn't deliver on what was promised for his archetype. Thematically he's very disappointing and does not fit within the theme of "hoplite" a shield and spear warrior at all. Not only is this a missed opportunity to introduce a spear and shield weapon type, it also removes a lot of the selling point of Styanax, he's just another Warframe with a regular kit and nothing special to him we haven't seen before, with the occasional shield that does nothing but appear on your arm and a spear that doesn't exist outside buff animations, the spear in the marketing material ? Yeah that doesn't exist. A spear is used for more than just throwing fyi, thats what makes this so disappointing to me. Also why give him a shield if it's never used outside a visual effect ?

i got all umbras on him and mostly focused on strength , duration and range. Only 1 forma so far , but it get hough everything well enough.

I am not sure if i am using his 1 correctly , but i cant really get a vortex effect going most of the time (maybe i was just in the wrong place).

The rest of his kit is tight though ,

the 2 removes armor and shields and give health back, a combo tank and debuff ability ,

the 3 gives a very decent amount of energy (unlike gyre that tends to trickle) and the aggro really helped in the defense mission , i am absolutely sure i would have failed the kuva fissure defense if i didnt gain some aggro from the various enemies.

the 4 is decent damage , the guaranteed slash (or is it just very high chance?) is also effective at clearing most enemies,

an overall solid frame, not OP but not weak, a good baseline.

Yeah totally, am really enjoying the gameplay loop and they play near to how I thought they would. Very fun. Love seeing the Shield Grineer dudes and getting close enough to trigger their shield bash attack, only to move back out of range and then use my own shield bash attack "No U", and send them flying. 

Haven't really tested the prowess of the 4, but find it really fun. Agree about being rewarded with aggression. Styanax, equals big win in my books. 

Just got to fix my PSN issues so I can buy his Voidshell!! 

Accidentally brought him into a SP void fissure and he handled it very well. I'm still getting the hang of his 1 in terms of landing it correctly. But hot damn that vacuum is *chef's kiss*

His 2 eats armor and the 3 is named very appropriately.

His 4 does a surprising amount of damage.

I really enjoy him, will forma him today. So far my plan is making him another tanky frame with gloom instead of his #1, that way you have constant shield replenish from #3 and constant healing from Gloom. Will combine that with Arcane Aegis and Avenger along with combat discipline. I will lose out on the energy/kill in general, but it will still be there when needed versus slip ups versus energy leeches and disruptors.

The skill I enjoy most is his #4, it just looks amazing, deals very nice damage and feels unique in some way.

It's the first frame in a while where I havent thought they needed massive extra work to be brought on par with others. He has a good powerful kit, solid stat distribution and very fun gameplay.

2 hours ago, B.P.Emma said:

still waiting for him lol

just check your arsenal , even i didnt get a message , but he was there.

I think there is a client side bug when using his 1 , i get the vortex when playing solo or as host , but as client it tends to just pass though with some minor knockdowns.

Probably a bug that needs fixing , else i am switching his 1 for something else.

Tried him out more with a few different setups. Gloom+Aegis practically makes him unkillable and topped off on max crit (62% for me with 2500 shields during OS) together with his #3 active. Tried him versus Grineer in SP solo since they bring alot of dakka for the money and it is the most dense content available. It was hard to dip out of overshields, and with neutral range Gloom isnt too large to disrupt the flow, but it slows the enemy a great deal at +100% strength.

Another thing I noticed with him is that you can use all of your other skills while his #4 is doing it's job. It makes things like rebuffing his #3 or stripping a close by heavy units of it's armor very seamless. You can use his #1 aswell during #4, though it was the skill I replaced with Gloom. The other 3 skills are just too valueble.

Definently the strongest release in a long long while. Protea and Lavos come to mind as "recent" strong releases, but both of them had need for tweaks and it took Lavos quite a while to get those tweaks.

7 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Ash 2.0 Spearstorm frame seems neat so far but why are his nipples so stretched out?

"I had no idea that putting nipples on the Batsuit and Robin suit were going to spark international headlines. The bodies of the suits come from ancient Greek statues, which display perfect bodies. They are anatomically erotic." 

Perhaps that was the train of thought here?

Settled for this build:

Warframe0299.jpg

- His "push forward" ability design that rewards you for being aggressive eventually reaches the point of full armor/shield strip as well as 7 energy and 100 shield regen per kill when Molt Augmented pushes power strength from 177% to 237%.

- Overshields values of 3425, with his critical chance buff at times reaching 171% (I can't tell if this applies to melee as well or just guns).

- Decent range for his 1 to pull enemies in the vortex (When it doesn't bug out and miss the target).

- His 4 works as a nuke for enemies that have been armor-stripped by that point.

- Just 15% extra efficiency is enough for self-sustained energy economy at 237% power strength due to rally point energy regen (7).

- I didn't think it was possible I would be adding shield capacity mods in current year WF but here we are.

Overall: Still very impressed! Only thing missing for me is a higher armor value, but that can be fixed with Archon shards later on or with Styanax Prime if the game (And myself) is alive in 4 years.

He felt a lil squishy to me, plus his 4 gives slash procs (plus whatever weapons I'm using usually got slash procs too) so I ended up replacing his 2 with Electric Elemental Ward, for "more shield" which synergies with passive, and I feel like the reflected damage and stuns synergizes with 3s increased threat level. Plus it like, turns him into like Zeus, floating around throwing spears zapping anyone that harms him, cool AF. One of my favorite frames released in a while. 

Archived