The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please be considerate of other players time.

TheLastFireWall

I was just in Steel Path Lith Disruption and had the host leave after 1 relic, they left as the acolyte was about halfway dead and this for some reason glitched all future acolyte spawns. A little less annoying is the fact that the two active demolysts ended up failing after the host migration.

I notice this is SO, ESO and other endless mission types, where people will leave after 1 relic, 1-2 rounds, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I find this to be disrespectful to other player's time. In the case of tonight's relic/SE farm run we all picked the same reward, if the case was that this player was trying to get our reward it would made much more sense to get a dedicated group for that reward rather than join a public group.

In the instance of SO and ESO with people leaving after 1-2 rounds, if all you need to finish leveling weapons/frames is 1-2 rounds, why not solo so you don't potentially do a host migration and mess up the flow of other players?

1 minute ago, TheLastFireWall said:

In the instance of SO and ESO with people leaving after 1-2 rounds, if all you need to finish leveling weapons/frames is 1-2 rounds, why not solo so you don't potentially do a host migration and mess up the flow of other players?

You not leveling up weapons in solo, you leveling them by leeching exp from other’s kills.

You can’t really change other people behavior, if you see the host leaving- better leave yourself aswell, that’s golden rule.

1 hour ago, TheLastFireWall said:

This argument works the other way around, too: you could do (E)SO / void relics solo as well, or form a group in Recruiting for whatever farm you want.

If you're going to set your game mode to Public (essentially, a rando free-for-all), then you cannot expect other players to have your exact same goals.

ETA: Also, would it not make a hell of a lot more sense to complain about the bugginess of Warframe's network connectivity?  If we had dedicated servers, this would happen substantially less.  Or even if DE just cleaned up the migration code, that would probably help immensely (ESPECIALLY in Railjack, where migration issues happen far too often and end up breaking the entire 🤬ing mission).

1 hour ago, TheLastFireWall said:

I was just in Steel Path Lith Disruption and had the host leave after 1 relic, they left as the acolyte was about halfway dead and this for some reason glitched all future acolyte spawns. A little less annoying is the fact that the two active demolysts ended up failing after the host migration.

I notice this is SO, ESO and other endless mission types, where people will leave after 1 relic, 1-2 rounds, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I find this to be disrespectful to other player's time. In the case of tonight's relic/SE farm run we all picked the same reward, if the case was that this player was trying to get our reward it would made much more sense to get a dedicated group for that reward rather than join a public group.

... Nice way of painting a target on your back for that kind of behavior.

Not that I am going to take any part on that, because I only run with other people when I literally want to be - - what's that word again... "inclusive"...? - - by lowering my intelligence level output... Not too low though, I still need to breathe. Just enough for me to reach "stupid" while hoping that I don't get called out as a genius by whoever joined the squad...

Spoiler

Sorry, but before you lot misinterpret me again and give out warning points for no reason just because you can, that's how high my IQ actually is and exactly what it feels like when I lower it enough so that squaddies can actually do something during a given mission...

... Which is why the next sentence says it all...

Otherwise, I go Solo for best results. Peace of mind, total control and all that....

It's only inconsiderate if it was a pre-made lobby with a defined goal. But either way nobody has any say in how long a player has to stick around in an endless mission. And it's not a player's fault if a host migration caused problems nor is it their responsibility to avoid them.

The cardinal rule of Warframe PUGs is to always identify and follow the Host if they leave.  Host Migrations are almost always messy affairs, and unless you are only farming for rotation rewards (say, for E/SO), it is almost never worth it to stay for one.

I do wish DE would add a "force me to be Host" option for those who wish to stay for longer rotations, but it's been suggested before and no action has been taken, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

7 hours ago, TheLastFireWall said:

Why are you demanding that people have to play as much as you want them to play? 

People can have miriads of different reasons to doing only one wave...maybe something came up in the middle of them playing and had to close the game? or they had to go to their friend group? or a parent asked for their help? homework? work? hell, maybe just the need of doing only one round. 

Why should everyone else feel like they have to stay in the mission until you're done? they don't even know you, don't even know why or what you are doing in that mission. 

I don't want to sound like a prick but as it has been already said...no one owes you their time. 

there is no level of "importance" or "duty" that you or anyone else have to follow, you get in game and play whatever you want, with whoever you want (counting PUBS) and for how much time you want. 

i can understand your frustration but the reality of playing public is anything goes

8 times out of 10, you'll find a squad who'll stay for 4/5 relics which is around 20/25 minutes

if you want to stay for a while you can either use recruit chat or ask the public squad how long/if they want to stay for long

OP: The game has no way to know for how long you want to run a public mission, and even then life happens and people may have to leave early.

I'd advise typing in the public group squad chat how long does the host want to stay as soon as you join. If it's not close to what you want you can leave.

As an alternative: Try lowering your matchmaking PING limit to lowest possible value. It will severely limit the number of players you can connect to but you will be hosting a lot more often unless they have a significantly better connection than you despite the PING limit.

5 hours ago, MqToasty said:

The cardinal rule of Warframe PUGs is to always identify and follow the Host if they leave. 

Is there an actual way to tell who is the host?  People keep talking about it like it's obvious, but no one has ever been able to tell me, "If X, then that person is the host."

I do wish DE would add a "force me to be Host" option

Players in Recruiting seem to collectively have this notion that if you start a group, you're automatically the Host.  Is this actually true?

4 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

Is there an actual way to tell who is the host?  People keep talking about it like it's obvious, but no one has ever been able to tell me, "If X, then that person is the host."

Yes. The player number underneath the squad members indicate who the host is. Player "1" is always the host, while 2, 3 and 4 the clients who joined that host in that particular order. This means that if you are the last player to join a public group, the squad member list will have a "4" icon next to you.

Mind you: I am referring to the in-mission squad info panel that is normally seen in the middle-right section of the HUD. 

3 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

The cardinal rule of Warframe PUGs is to always identify and follow the Host if they leave. 

Host is always the player with number 1 

25 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

Players in Recruiting seem to collectively have this notion that if you start a group, you're automatically the Host.  Is this actually true?

Others beat me to the punch.  Yep, Player "1" is always the host.  As for the other player numbers, they are roughly in join order -- you might the the last to join and still get assigned "2" if the original "Player 2" dropped for whatever reason and you subbed in.

Yes, if you start a session and invite other players, you are automatically host if you either have a full squad or choose "invite only".  Not sure 100% sure about partial squad merges if you have a partial squad, but I believe it does happen.

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Yes, if you start a session and invite other players, you are automatically host if you either have a full squad or choose "invite only".  Not sure 100% sure about partial squad merges if you have a partial squad, but I believe it does happen.

I don't understand.

When I've been in radshare groups that I did not start, I was able to invite other players into the group.  Am I host now?  Does their backend keep track of who created the group?  I thought their networking business logic would look at the four peeps and say, "Player X has the best connection / machine, they'll be the server in this run", regardless of who invited whom.

Just now, Achlevius said:

I don't understand.

When I've been in radshare groups that I did not start, I was able to invite other players into the group.  Am I host now?  Does their backend keep track of who created the group?  I thought their networking business logic would look at the four peeps and say, "Player X has the best connection / machine, they'll be the server in this run", regardless of who invited whom.

From my experience, the first to have someone join their session is always the Host.  So in your example, the person who invited you (or rather, whose session you chose to join) is the Host, and if you invite others, you are inviting others to join the Host's session.  I am not privy to the innerworkings of DE's netcode, but I am pretty sure it does not do a separate connection test to select a Host on a pre-made group.

6 hours ago, Achlevius said:

I don't understand.

Whoever is marked "1" is host.

21 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

because I only run with other people when I literally want to be - - what's that word again... "inclusive"...? - - by lowering my intelligence level output... Not too low though, I still need to breathe. Just enough for me to reach "stupid"

I don't think you'll have to go very low, I'm sure you'll get there easily. ;)

21 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Nice way of painting a target on your back for that kind of behavior.

Not that I am going to take any part on that, because I only run with other people when I literally want to be - - what's that word again... "inclusive"...? - - by lowering my intelligence level output... Not too low though, I still need to breathe. Just enough for me to reach "stupid" while hoping that I don't get called out as a genius by whoever joined the squad...

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, but before you lot misinterpret me again and give out warning points for no reason just because you can, that's how high my IQ actually is and exactly what it feels like when I lower it enough so that squaddies can actually do something during a given mission...

... Which is why the next sentence says it all...

Otherwise, I go Solo for best results. Peace of mind, total control and all that....

What a hilariously antisocial clown take. Tell me, how massive does your intelligence have to be to pretend that multiplayer spawn multipliers don't exist?

Cuz yeah OP. Multiplayer spawn multipliers. Rewards are tied to kills. No one is going to give those up just because they MIGHT run into someone who will care when they leave.

However if DE ever chose to add an option that allowed players to wait for a rotation C party specifically, that would be a really cool addition I would use a lot.

3 hours ago, sapphicReprobate said:

What a hilariously antisocial clown take.

Oh, I am severely antisocial, and I'm severely proud of it. So proud, I don't hide it even one bit from anyone. And I can be 100% unbiased and logical as a result...

Tell me, how massive does your intelligence have to be

Massive enough to mention what I have to do in order to have a... 100/nºsquaddies% performance, give or take a few, per squad member. After all, gotta be fair for everyone else in the squad when I actually choose to team up with other people, to prevent ruining other people's fun. Just wished they would actually have that kind, even a tiny bit, of consideration towards other people too.

Spoiler

I was taught that its always best to share, as long as its not my bed, my house, my car, my money, my electricity service from the circuit breaker, my water supply service from the meter, my gas supply service from its meter, my PC and my soulmate... Oh, and anything else that is bought with my money...

... Most of the times, I do that at the detriment of my own fun... Which is why endless missions is always the place for me to make these decisions.

People simply can't ruin my fun in those, and if they leave early, it's all good. Less time wasted trying to revive them while they keep moving around, bleeding out, constantly disrupting my revival attempts.

to pretend that multiplayer spawn multipliers don't exist?

Cuz yeah OP. Multiplayer spawn multipliers. Rewards are tied to kills. No one is going to give those up just because they MIGHT run into someone who will care when they leave.

However if DE ever chose to add an option that allowed players to wait for a rotation C party specifically, that would be a really cool addition I would use a lot.

And since I've switched to "SteelPathFan4Lyfe" since it was released and haven't left it since other than completing quests, Archon Hunts and Kahl missions while completing all challenges at the same time on the 1st run of said missions, I'm going to assume the rest of it (or probably it was all of it, but I digress) is intended for the thread author.

Go, thread author, go. 🤣

On 2022-09-19 at 8:50 PM, TheLastFireWall said:

if all you need to finish leveling weapons/frames is 1-2 rounds, why not solo so you don't potentially do a host migration and mess up the flow of other players?

no one is going to level a weapon inefficiently just for the sake of not causing a host migration, especially if its mastery fodder

Archived