Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

Will the finished Crossplay let you carry your game progress from another console onto your pc?
I have played on my nintendo switch for the most part but then I got a pc, although the only reason I haven't played warframe on my pc is because I dont want to redo all of the progress i've done on the other console.

16 minutes ago, Bozorger said:

Will the finished Crossplay let you carry your game progress from another console onto your pc?
I have played on my nintendo switch for the most part but then I got a pc, although the only reason I haven't played warframe on my pc is because I dont want to redo all of the progress i've done on the other console.

That would be Cross "Save", and thats what it will do when that ever gets implemented, yup. 

You will merge your two accounts (your PC and your Switch). 

However still problems:   In-Game Name keeping and what not across all of the platforms and what not. 

This will most likely happen way after Cross Play is completed and fully working. 

Why we're all in the wait-and-see boat. 

On 2022-10-20 at 12:50 AM, CringeEdgy69UmbraPrimeYT said:

If you designed the side objectives for Veilbreaking, you run through all iterations of them at least once.

I'm sure they did, and I don't remember having too much trouble shooting down sentient ships when I played the veilbreaker intro quest. The real issue is that fixing or changing one thing can have unintended consequences in a completely different part of the game, and they obviously can't test the entire game every single time. It probably broke in one of the hotfixes.

I share your concerns though.

Am 21.10.2022 um 03:13 schrieb Morgawse:

I'll probably turn this off right away. Sure would like cross progression though. Couldn't give a hoot about playing with pc AND console players. Not sure why that's good or exciting to anyone. 

And what’s the issue with having both players in a game  ? I played Warframe on pc and console . There is no difference at all . I had toxic players and people with high pings etc on both sides . But in general it was  a lot of fun no matter where I played. I really don’t get the point why that should be a bad thing. 

Edited by (XBOX)K3vID
  • Like 1

Will the cheats that are made on the PC platform invade console?

On Nintendo Switch platforms we know that there is no cheating and it was the merit of the player himself. I believe that many PC bloggers benefit from this feature to evolve fast.

I don't want these cheats to invade consoles. Because today it is divided from the PC player to know how to play for real. The other platforms are sure of the ability without cheating.

11 hours ago, (NSW)XCasali said:

On Nintendo Switch platforms we know that there is no cheating and it was the merit of the player himself. I believe that many PC bloggers benefit from this feature to evolve fast.

I don't want these cheats to invade consoles. Because today it is divided from the PC player to know how to play for real. The other platforms are sure of the ability without cheating.

What in God's name are you blabbering about?!

12 hours ago, (NSW)XCasali said:

To be as specific as possible: 

This game cannot be modded, this game cannot be hacked. 

Player accounts who do pursue to 'break the game' will most likely have had their accounts permanently banned already. 

Not to mention 2FA required on PC to even start trading at MR2. 

Rest assured, there will always and never be any cheating or any 'cheat codes' in this game.

There have never been on PC, never on Xbox, never on PS, and never on Switch. 

Edited by Halo
Further Clarification

I'm on PC & my bf is on Xbox.  When he invited me to his orbitor I was unable to see the decorations he has all over the place. We had a friend that is also on Xbox join us on his Orbitor & he was able to see all the items.   So for sure it's an issue between platforms.

The waypoints have a slight delay when places by Xbox players (hosting or not). 

The extraction icon seems to move if a Xbox player reaches it first or is closer than another player is (PC & verified by another Xbox player on our team).

Spawn rates are lower when Xbox hosts.

Edited by x2Tough4UrOddzx
added more issues
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cornbread681899 said:

Do you think they are going to continue to work on pc and Xbox or work on PlayStation joining cross play?

Both. The current Xbox/PC crossplay test was suppose to run UNTIL it breaks too much. So far so good. 
They said they are monitoring and acquiring feedback as it's happening.
PlayStation is in dev. PSTenno will join us SoonTM.

On 2022-10-21 at 3:13 AM, Morgawse said:

I'll probably turn this off right away. Sure would like cross progression though. Couldn't give a hoot about playing with pc AND console players. Not sure why that's good or exciting to anyone. 

one important benefit is that enabling crossplay means you are matchmaking with a bigger pool of people, which means you are less likely to be alone. 

On 2022-10-23 at 12:44 PM, (NSW)XCasali said:

there are no cheats for warframe because warframe does not have an active PVP playerbase and is also not hard enough for people to need cheats. there simply is no demand for cheats and thus, cheats were never made. nowadays there is not even any datamining anymore since DE published drop tables. 

unless warframe becomes a mainstream title like for example destiny 2, there will never be cheats.

please do some research before spouting that a large chunk of PC players cheat. 

For people engaging and inquiring about Account Merging and Cross Progression: 

Please have this reminder... One hurdle comes first. 

Cross Play between PC and Xbox is already something momentous, however, there are still bugs littered due to such

Examples: Reports of Lower Enemy Spawn Count when Xbox Player's are Hosting, Being only able to see look links in region chat, Being unable to view builds via mod configs between Xbox and PC players, Being unable to view placed decorations in the other console's orbiters, etc etc. 

DE knows of these bugs, they are fixing them, and some will most definitely be fixed when Echoes of Veilbreaker, releasing on November 2nd, comes out. 

They stated that Xbox and PC is staying on as well, so if you want more of a player base and more communication, might as well keep it ticked on. 

Now, for the elephant in the room which is Cross Save / Progression / Merging...

Too many people are asking this when DE already explained how the process works. If they can't get Cross Play between all platforms just yet, what makes you think that the cross progression / save will come just as soon as the other platforms? 

Imagine this as well, players who have two accounts across multiple consoles, and if they merge their accounts, imagine being someone who has a merged account now, but is missing items, lost mods, missing special items from the previous platform, the list might as well go on from here. 

There are also many other questions to ask here: Can people choose which account name to keep when they merge the accounts? Can players on one platform merge with banned accounts on others? Will merged accounts have their friends list merged properly? What happens if your merged account is in two completely different clans prior to the merging, which will it put you in or will it kick you out of them both? 

Everything is in motion, but in steps, and first is getting cross PLAY to work properly without the current hiccups that PC and Xbox are experiencing at the moment. Be it gameplay wise to chat and community wise, if these aren't perfected first with Xbox, which is the closest console to windows hence why they were first, what makes you think it will work perfectly or even better than the initial test we had at first with PS or Switch? 

DE is making sure that these bugs are dealt with now so hopefully prevent them for the other platforms when they get their chance to have their switches turned on to play with everyone else. 

Only after we have cross play working for everyone, will the cross save / merging questions start. 

Lastly, please do no look to other outside sources in regards to the progress of the Cross Play / Cross Save. Many outlets are just outright wrong with the information they're publishing. The only place to get the information is from DE themselves, and to be as specific as needed, the first post here by Dudley. 

All in all, please be patient, DE is working extremely hard to make sure we're all having a great experience together with the entire community. 

Everything Confirmed By DE as of Dev Stream #165: 
- More surprise tests between other consoles instead in lieu of next few Dev Streams
- Do not look online for Cross Play info, only take information from DE themselves
- Cross Save coming within a year AFTER cross play is working for everyone

• Like 1

On 2022-10-21 at 8:07 AM, Halo said:

You will merge your two accounts (your PC and your Switch). 

I do not believe this will happen.
Neither cross play, nor cross save reflect that and DE didn't say any word about merges as far as I remember.
You will be able to login with your switch-account to PC and play it and login with PC-account to the Switch - but that's it.
For anything more like merges of any kind, we have to wait and see if DE decides anything in that direction.

-c0y

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _COY_ said:

Neither cross play, nor cross save reflect that and DE didn't say any word about merges as far as I remember.
You will be able to login with your switch-account to PC and play it and login with PC-account to the Switch - but that's it.
For anything more like merges of any kind, we have to wait and see if DE decides anything in that direction.

-c0y

• Like 1

On 2022-11-05 at 7:44 PM, Psijic_Void said:

What about such platforms like Mac OS, Linux support?

https://www.protondb.com/app/230410 

warframe has a gold rating on protonDB and is playable on steamdeck, meaning that it is linux compatible.

on macOS, you can run warframe via Wine, the steam version doesn't run at all but the standalone version runs completely fine.

these are both "PC" platforms, so there is already crossplay between windows, linux, macOS and the steamdeck (which runs linux).

as for official support....

globally, the "PC" (all operating systems) gaming market is already only 21% of the total gaming market, with mobile gaming being twice as big. 

according to the steam hardware survey, 96.5% of people are currently running windows (measured last month), 2.23% are running macOS and 1.28% are running linux. until linux or macOS become more popular, investing in a complete rewrite so the game can run on apple's metal API as well as on vulkan (since vulkan is natively linux compatible, unlike directX which is what the game currently uses) is just way too expensive to justify the potential gains. 

On 2022-11-08 at 7:45 AM, SDGDen said:

until linux or macOS become more popular, investing in a complete rewrite so the game can run on apple's metal API as well as on vulkan (since vulkan is natively linux compatible, unlike directX which is what the game currently uses) is just way too expensive to justify the potential gains. 

While I agree entirely, I suspect it would honestly make more sense to write solely a Vulkan renderer and compile in MoltenVK to simply translate the API calls to Metal on a macOS port; the performance hit on that is surprisingly small, especially compared to the time commitment to maintain an entire separate Metal-specific renderer. There are admittedly some caveats to MoltenVK, but fewer than you’d think, and I suspect none are so huge as to outweigh the massive time savings versus writing an entire Metal-native renderer. Especially because although the macOS gaming market is larger than people give it credit for, it isn’t necessarily large enough to merit that much extra work.

This is even more true since the Switch supports Vulkan as a rendering API; you could thus theoretically write one rendering layer (Vulkan) and have it be the “native” layer for at least three platforms (Linux, Switch, and macOS via MoltenVK)… and hypothetically a fourth (PS5) at some future point, since Sony did make noises back at PS5 launch about supporting Vulkan “eventually”.

(Though “eventually” may mean “sometime before the next geological era.”)

After all, it is generally far, far easier to maintain a handful of platform-specific tweaks in a single rendering component of a game engine than it is to maintain multiple rendering components in that same engine.

Mind you, that still leaves the rest of the game besides the renderer to port… and even with the time theoretically saved by writing a single unified Vulkan rendering layer, it may well be that—as you allude to—the cost in time spent to make those ports is greater than the amount of income you get from players on those platforms. Especially when the current Windows version runs at least tolerably well under Proton (on Linux) and CrossOver (on macOS)…

On 2022-11-08 at 4:00 AM, _COY_ said:

-c0y

Cross Save / Merge, as they already stated, will come as a process after a year of Cross Play already functionally working 

1 hour ago, Halo said:

Cross Save / Merge, as they already stated, will come as a process after a year of Cross Play already functionally working 

Cross save has nothing to do with merged accounts.
I understand that all Tenno would love to have this happen (me included), but they did not accounce it.
If I am mistaken with this point, please someone post a link to the source. 

-c0y