Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Incompletable ‘Man the Guns’ Break Narmer Challenge

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Bathynomus said:

"can't hotfix because busy with next update" Priorities, amirite?

This is incorrect. but I am happy to clarify :)  In the simplest way I can explain, once we have begun the backend work of grabbing changes, fixes, and content for an upcoming update we are locked into that process. In other words, once we lay down the foundation for an update, we can't unlay it for a hotfix. It is indeed extremely unfortunate timing that this bug cropped up in our prepping stages for the next update, so as a thank you for your patience we are offering up those 15 Stock that would have been rewarded if the challenge was able to be completed. Hope that clears any confusion!

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This is incorrect. but I am happy to clarify :)  In the simplest way I can explain, once we have begun the backend work of grabbing changes, fixes, and content for an upcoming update we are locked into that process. In other words, once we lay down the foundation for an update, we can't unlay it for a hotfix. It is indeed extremely unfortunate timing that this bug cropped up in our prepping stages for the next update, so as a thank you for your patience we are offering up those 15 Stock that would have been rewarded if the challenge was able to be completed. Hope that clears any confusion!

Seems odd 🤔 as you can have a small group simply remove the task and just give the 15pts out to all anyway then return to the next dlc that would make more sense then push it out broken then fix later but can't fix cuz a new thing came up

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello fellow Kahl enthusiasts! 

This week’s ‘Man the Guns’ Break Narmer challenge (Take out 10 enemies with the drop ship) is currently unable to be completed due to a bug that causes the enemy ships to take no damage. 

We are unable to hotfix at this time as we gear up for our next update - Echoes of Veilbreaker. As such, the challenge will remain active until the next refresh occurs (Sunday, Oct 23rd @ 8 PM ET). 

In light of this, we are preparing a script for Echoes of Veilbreaker that will provide the 15 Stock reward. Eligibility is still being determined and will be shared here once we have updates*. A fix for the challenge will also go live with the update. 

Thank you, Tenno! 

Edit: For clarification, eligibility will not be Man the Guns specific, as that challenge is not able to be completed. 

A shining example that this segment was NEVER playtested during development, and to make that kick in the $&*^ hurt more, DE decided to make a challenge around it, and halfway or more through the level, WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME to run/rush there to try getting this challenge that cannot be completed because this bug wasn't found (or ignored) during development of this "content", or the likely scenario, it never was tested to begin with.

Just a side note: Where's that update DE, for cumulative progress on challenges for Kahl?!?!?! That alone could skirt this somewhat, or help be a backup plan for other issues like this that pop up. The amount of times I tried this (and also said #*!% it, and gave up), I would have gotten this challenge was it not only POSSIBLE, but if my progress was CUMULATIVE like you said it was going to be in a later update... Over 3 hotfixes later, and still no update for it. Everyone has experienced EVERY Kahl mission (all 3 of them...) TWICE so far. At this point, what's the point, and why should I assume this update is ever coming out like other updates you stated were being thought of, or wanted to do? IE: Mechs in all nodes as ONE example. Or how about those RJ glitches still that make it borderline unplayable online with others on Switch at least?!

At some point, I'm going to wonder if these shards are even worth this hassle. They give minor upgrades though can be stacked, and builds already exist that can take you endlessly through missions without them. Not to mention I've yet to use them because it takes materials to remove them from frames, when it SHOULDN'T... If you're wanting to copy augment/socket systems from other games that boost stats, just look at sockets from Monster Hunter. Not to mention how we set our shards in our frames, is not going to work well with ALL BUILDS... There's no socket load out system, let alone there can't be since you require the endless farm of materials and time to feed a wall in our orbitors to equip these, when we already DID THE WORK to get our buff/reward... Just like the arcanes you decided to nerf for NO LOGICAL REASON without a replacement for the +ammo on them, or a single thought as to why a arcane that has stacks that requires KILLS which requires shooting that gun, expending ammo in the process, for a damage stack that lasts 30 SECONDS, would need +ammo to offset the ammo use required to get said stacks, just to lose them when using more ammo, or running out, and cannot maintain our damage buffs we WORKED FOR... Anyone else seeing a pattern here?!

Is it a bug? Because I think it's more that the ships have a forward shield that absorbs all damage. Feels like it lasts a long time and reactivates fast. During the start you can catch the ships lacking but once they start chasing, it's almost up the entire time. Plus with how the crewship is on rails, it makes aiming harder. Pretty sure this issue has existed even in The New War quest. I managed to kill 4 at the start and couldn't get another kill for like 50% of the ship fight.

once we have updates

Any chance your update will include a fix for Nira getting stuck in the air so you cant finish mission because you can't yank her shard out?
Just happened to a clanmate of mine - after 40minutes of spraying nira with millions of damage, finally "won" only to have to abort.

Previously reported 
here:

and here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1325333-nira-dead-in-the-air-cant-take-fragment/
and here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1325179-nira-can-die-midair-and-become-unbeatable/
and here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1325073-gg-de-progression-stopping-bug-on-nira/

maybe we need to post on social media? Post videos to Youtube about how fun the fight is to get nothing?

I just hope there won't be ANY NEW CONTENT FOR THE ENTIRE NEXT YEAR because the game needs major fixes and constant RIGID TESTING. You will soon make cross-play and this will increase the bugs and most importantly, these bugs will be seen by more people than now and this will provoke an extremely negative opinion on all platforms

3 hours ago, (PSN)nerex33 said:

I also got 4/10 but there is no way in hell I'm doing this crap 3 times for a measly 15 stock. 

I done it 5 times and thinking to my self something is not right blown up every cristal and shooting enemy they only take damage so much max kills 2 3 and 4, with 4 being the max kills total bugged when you are pegging the same target yet targets life stays in same spot half way flustering when you are sitting needing that 15 when all you are are 10 stock away from your next item to purchase and cant get it because the bug.  than running it 5 times for no positive outcome 

I

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Eligibility is determined on the data we have available, but that is indeed the goal (Prison Break mission completed). We just can't commit to that at the moment as we need to do a bit more research into account specifics. Wanted to get the PSA out ASAP so that people didn't spend time attempting to finish an incompletable challenge :) 

its not that the ships are immortal its a issue of hitbox, distance, player projectiles, and the availablility to even shoot at targets. just remove the falloff, adjust hitboxs, fix player projectiles and fix the "lets jerk the player's crosshairs all over the place". on that note make sure to patch the doors being incorrectly lockd, manual melee soft lockd being unable to swap back to gun, and cache codes not correctly spawning. also need to address the notification popup "quest available"  spam bombing the player non stop. better yet just fully remove the notification popup. same with the 2 ordis dialogs that harass players literally every time we enter the helmynth. these popups literally hinder the loading/rendering processes. theres also the major issue of players who try to matchmake into a session alone geting a error, told they well be returnd to orbit, returnd to multiplayer screen, or returnd to main menu and the given a "faild mission". also note this same bug has become worse as it now causes those who successfully complete and extract from missions that said mission is faild.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

A shining example that this segment was NEVER playtested during development, and to make that kick in the $&*^ hurt more, DE decided to make a challenge around it, and halfway or more through the level, WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME to run/rush there to try getting this challenge that cannot be completed because this bug wasn't found (or ignored) during development of this "content", or the likely scenario, it never was tested to begin with.

Just a side note: Where's that update DE, for cumulative progress on challenges for Kahl?!?!?! That alone could skirt this somewhat, or help be a backup plan for other issues like this that pop up. The amount of times I tried this (and also said #*!% it, and gave up), I would have gotten this challenge was it not only POSSIBLE, but if my progress was CUMULATIVE like you said it was going to be in a later update... Over 3 hotfixes later, and still no update for it. Everyone has experienced EVERY Kahl mission (all 3 of them...) TWICE so far. At this point, what's the point, and why should I assume this update is ever coming out like other updates you stated were being thought of, or wanted to do? IE: Mechs in all nodes as ONE example. Or how about those RJ glitches still that make it borderline unplayable online with others on Switch at least?!

At some point, I'm going to wonder if these shards are even worth this hassle. They give minor upgrades though can be stacked, and builds already exist that can take you endlessly through missions without them. Not to mention I've yet to use them because it takes materials to remove them from frames, when it SHOULDN'T... If you're wanting to copy augment/socket systems from other games that boost stats, just look at sockets from Monster Hunter. Not to mention how we set our shards in our frames, is not going to work well with ALL BUILDS... There's no socket load out system, let alone there can't be since you require the endless farm of materials and time to feed a wall in our orbitors to equip these, when we already DID THE WORK to get our buff/reward... Just like the arcanes you decided to nerf for NO LOGICAL REASON without a replacement for the +ammo on them, or a single thought as to why a arcane that has stacks that requires KILLS which requires shooting that gun, expending ammo in the process, for a damage stack that lasts 30 SECONDS, would need +ammo to offset the ammo use required to get said stacks, just to lose them when using more ammo, or running out, and cannot maintain our damage buffs we WORKED FOR... Anyone else seeing a pattern here?!

yes but unfortunately yer late on this as this has ben going on since precetus. we all know de never truely tests or plays the game. its very obvious do to how many major issues go neglected. perfect example is the pod used in invasion missions that drops players out of map, hardlocks controls, exctra and if the player is alone the mission becomes impossible to finish. said bug has ben neglected since over 8yrs ago. but de are too focused on adding skins, new untested content thats under developed, and unnecessary changes to the huds that they call imroved but realy are downgrades.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

technicaly it is correct. de should not of started new content untill the current content was fully debugd/patchd and all current content is clean of severe bugs. also the 15 stock thing being offerd as a thank you ? thats more of making the situation right. de needs to be more honest with the playerbase. its ok to make a mistake. but full on neglection not ok. what ever happend to the year of fixing ? yes new content is nice BUT if the content is soooo bugy its unplayable then why add it or other content ? dont mistake this as bashing. this is helpfull criticism.

as a thank you for your patience we are offering up those 15 Stock that would have been rewarded

now that's some bare minimum PR. Here's what you're owed and exactly what you're owed. Guess I'll be on track for building styanax next month

It would be nice if you people would actually try your content before releasing it as others have stated. I mean would that really be too difficult. I'm more then willing to do all that for you ;). I'm literally doing nothing all day due to screwed up back, knee, shoulder, neck, and hand issues. Half the problem with games theses days are exactly that, Nobody is really taking the time to play like it should be played.  The whole community shouldn't always be doing this for you. Its getting a bit tiresome.

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

No, they can't. That's not how it works. Read again what [DE]Danielle wrote.

Yes they can as the whole group dosnt need to stop to do 5 mins of work 🙄 she isn't a coder so can't speak for them on what they could do case in point the Aya fiasco they re did the Aya in market to include pl in 1hr so don't sit here and tell me a small group can't take few min to get rid of bugged task and later give the 15 pts out 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Yes they can as the whole group dosnt need to stop to do 5 mins of work 🙄 she isn't a coder so can't speak for them on what they could do case in point the Aya fiasco they re did the Aya in market to include pl in 1hr so don't sit here and tell me a small group can't take few min to get rid of bugged task and later give the 15 pts out 

This is definitely not a "few minutes work". The very fact that it required to be in a full build means it's not something small. Have some patience.

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello fellow Kahl enthusiasts! 

Shard enthusiasts.  I think by now Kahl has worn out his welcome and what little charm he had is gone. 

Please consider an alternate weekly stock acquisition method so we can skip this un-Warframe content and still get the shards. 

Thanks for the update though. It’s nice to know you’re aware that this challenge is broken. When/if it gets fixed, please also consider reducing the amount of ship kills needed.  It’s a brief segment that takes a while to get to. And the aiming feels awful. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Eligibility is determined on the data we have available, but that is indeed the goal (Prison Break mission completed). We just can't commit to that at the moment as we need to do a bit more research into account specifics. Wanted to get the PSA out ASAP so that people didn't spend time attempting to finish an incompletable challenge :) 

Too late already tried 3 times lol Hopefully it gets fixed soon I know DE will be on top of this! Thank you!

43 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It’s nice to know you’re aware that this challenge is broken. When/if it gets fixed, please also consider reducing the amount of ship kills needed.  It’s a brief segment that takes a while to get to. And the aiming feels awful. 

Which is the sad part really. The whole basics of making a good game is making it fun, and feel great. How is it that aiming feels fine, and handles much better EVERYWHERE else, BUT in this ONE segment? It's almost like they forgot how to make a game. If the game isn't fun, or certain aspects of it are terrible, how do you think people will pay for anything in a game they don't like, or want to play? I personally don't support games F2P or not, that play like trash, are unfun, or are so damn buggy, it's borderline unplayable... I don't understand how others can either... You'd think the person who is willing to give your company money would want to enjoy the game they just spent money on. Unless there is som fetish I'm unaware about where these people feel compelled to throw money at companies that give them absolute crap in return that is insulting. Wait... Lol.

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

This is definitely not a "few minutes work". The very fact that it required to be in a full build means it's not something small. Have some patience.

It is few min to just remove the task the time consuming part is only account overview to see who gets the 15 at a later point not hard at all to pull the task permanently from the game to avoid farther issues common sense thinking vrs "well fix it later"

7小时前 , Cerikus 说:

No, they can't. That's not how it works. Read again what [DE]Danielle wrote.

yeah. they should remove them all in next patch.

I can't realize how they can publish these stupid missions  if they had seriously run once.

Of course they don't since these missions spend over an hour to complete, not a 2-second things. lamo

9 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

It is few min to just remove the task the time consuming part is only account overview to see who gets the 15 at a later point not hard at all to pull the task permanently from the game to avoid farther issues common sense thinking vrs "well fix it later"

What makes you think "just removing it" would be that much easier? It's not a simple on/off switch. Furthermore, as the very PSA shows, DE is already prepping for the next update very soon. Why would they remove something only to get it re-added within one or two week later? More work just to make you feel better?

9 hours ago, Aeoni said:

I mean... you still get the other 90 stock. Which, incidentally is all you need to buy a shard. How exactly do people lose out on the shard?

What bothers me more is that if you buy a shard each week, you only have 15 stock left for progress towards the other things in the shop. Guess it will take a long while to get those mods and the second Styanax to feed to Helminth.

I bought the shard every time it was available and also bought other things.  This week I am 5 stock short with two bugged challenges left.  One, the fighters, is big bugged, can't do it.  The other is those stupid gene stamps.  Only 4 spawned.  I checked every single room and corner and platform and even double checked with player made maps that have all the potential spawn locations.  Only 4 spawned.  That means I have to run this awful, tedious, garbage again, re-scour the whole map looking for all 5, and still risk encountering the same issue.

That means my choices are run content that makes me actively angry because of how tedious it is and have no guarantee of success, or get hit with the FOMO and miss this weeks chipper shard, despite having engaged with this stupid mission.  I ran it.  I covered every pixel.  I found over a dozen corpses, but the game didn't spawn the genestamp. I am owed a gd shard.

And yet I won't have one.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Shard enthusiasts.  I think by now Kahl has worn out his welcome and what little charm he had is gone. 

Please consider an alternate weekly stock acquisition method so we can skip this un-Warframe content and still get the shards. 

Thanks for the update though. It’s nice to know you’re aware that this challenge is broken. When/if it gets fixed, please also consider reducing the amount of ship kills needed.  It’s a brief segment that takes a while to get to. And the aiming feels awful. 

At this point, I would wipe all those freeloaders from my camp just to see what they drop.  I hate all of them just by association with this horrible "content."

Archived