Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Incompletable ‘Man the Guns’ Break Narmer Challenge

[DE]Danielle

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are unable to hotfix at this time as we gear up for our next update - Echoes of Veilbreaker.

Since PC fixes are going to be must less frequent due to crossplay and console cert requirements, maybe some thorough testing is in order?

Also any word on cumulative tracking?  For many, these side missions don't spawn everything needed when they even work.

im quite sure all of these challenges are broken at this moment

Didnt get 4 passwords, didnt get 5 mask enemies, the hidden toy was not in the map (this one debatable) and one dead body was 1m away from extraction

3/4 passwords

4/5 bodies

4/5 mask enemies

0/1 toy

So, here's a good one - what happens to people who spent just enough to need that 15 stock for the weekly Archon Shard in the shop, assuming they'd finish the challenge later/it would be fixed? You've basically put them in a situation where because of your bug and you refusing to fix it, THEY get punished by permanently losing out on an Archon Shard.

4 minutes ago, Roombaman said:

So, here's a good one - what happens to people who spent just enough to need that 15 stock for the weekly Archon Shard in the shop, assuming they'd finish the challenge later/it would be fixed? You've basically put them in a situation where because of your bug and you refusing to fix it, THEY get punished by permanently losing out on an Archon Shard.

wait actually... thats me, so there is no point to run khal this week

hace 6 minutos, Roombaman dijo:

hace 1 minuto, Danielw8 dijo:

From experience I'm pretty sure that each veil you break by saving a grineer in the mission it gives you one point, so! if you are actually that desperate for the shard you just have to run the mission 3 times releasing all 5 brothers in the mission and you get your 15, so not a big deal, also the mission is not boring. 

30 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

Didnt get 4 passwords, didnt get 5 mask enemies, the hidden toy was not in the map (this one debatable) and one dead body was 1m away from extraction

3/4 passwords

4/5 bodies

4/5 mask enemies

0/1 toy

Even if, and it's a really big IF, but even if we all just "suck" at scavenger hunts and there is no bug and the game is perfect (please, hold all laughter until the comment is finished.) the fact that there's this many people that are scouring the map and still coming up several eggs short for their easter basket should tell DE something important.  Then again, the massive trove of negative feedback regarding these missions should tell DE something important, but we can all see how well that's going.

10 minutes ago, FepoCg said:

From experience I'm pretty sure that each veil you break by saving a grineer in the mission it gives you one point, so! if you are actually that desperate for the shard you just have to run the mission 3 times releasing all 5 brothers in the mission and you get your 15, so not a big deal, also the mission is not boring. 

Nope.  You do not get any stock for breaking veils outside the 5 for the challenge.  And yeah, the mission is boring.  It was boring the last time we ran it too.

27 minutes ago, Roombaman said:

The script will most likely run before the reset. DE is usually pretty quick with their scripts so your preemtive complaining doesn't make sense.

16 minutes ago, FepoCg said:

This is complete nonsense. You only get stock from the challenges and you get that reward only once.

Maybe eligibility for the script could be based on having completed all (or most of) the other objectives for this mission, so you know attempts were made at least.

Gotta say, being more familiar with the mission by now, I managed to complete everything else at first try.

Although one of the debris piles you have to blow up for passwords glitched out: Pathing was apparently iffy and I had to send someone in to set the charge about twenty times in a row, since they were unable to reach the magical spot, just kept running in place against the debris. I still marvel it worked in the end.

28 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

I mean... you still get the other 90 stock. Which, incidentally is all you need to buy a shard. How exactly do people lose out on the shard?

What bothers me more is that if you buy a shard each week, you only have 15 stock left for progress towards the other things in the shop. Guess it will take a long while to get those mods and the second Styanax to feed to Helminth.

1 hour ago, WaywardSoul said:

Would we even be talking about this problem if Archon Shards weren't in the reward pool for Kahl Missions? 🤔 I personally wouldn't do Kahl Missions at all if there were no Shards and I refuse to do it more than once a week. Between these Kahl missions on a fundamental level being unenjoyable for me (bugs aside) and the consistent weekly disappointment of not getting Tauforged I kind of want to quit this game that I love. :(

Yes, because there are other rewards too that many people want.

But I agree that these missions are an absolute pain and a game design failure; aside from the amount of invalidating bugs, Kahl himself is painful to control and to move around with, you have to constantly hit the dash button just to go faster and that's still unbearably slow and wonky to control. And that's on missions where you have to run around a whole map looking into every cranny to find collectibles, which takes an insane amount of time (going in open contrast with the objective of finishing the mission under 15 minutes, when it's present).
Also, for regular Warframe missions already I always wished there was an option to *always* keep your charachter in sprint mode, and instead you always have to activate sprinting at the start of each mission and it also deactivates after some actions/events (like when you fight Void Angels and enter/exit their demiplane)... and well... with Kahl it's even worse, each time you use the jet-pack or give a command to your companions, you have to reactivate sprinting. Every single damn time.
And let's not forget that if you prefer to use your normal orbiter, you have to switch operations each time, which means loading screens that could have been avoided by adding Kahl's mission to star chart's tabs and syndicate rewards to the syndicate terminal in the orbiter.

Kahl's missions could be improved in a huge number of ways, because they're sadly bad overall (and I mean sadly because it makes me actually sad to see potential wasted and ugly, painful stuff in a game I like), but if those things above could be fixed, it would already be a big improvement, for me.

What about all the other scavenger side quests being very inconsistently clearable?  I've done three runs and been very thorough about each pass through, and have only gotten the floof to show up once, enough veiled enemies to show up once, and have yet to clear genestamps or passcodes.  Are *all* of these going to be left in this state, entirely unhotfixed?

1 hour ago, Danielw8 said:

3/4 passwords

4/5 bodies

4/5 mask enemies

0/1 toy

@[DE]DanielleSecond run i found everything but still:

Last dead body was 1m away from extraction in saturn six fight

And now: Saturn six evaporates, idk where is he and i cant finish the mission

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have video too running for 2 mins for the whole room and he just dissapear

Challenges spawns are bugged (looks like in some runs/tilesets), final boss dissapear, we cant kill these dropships .. literally unplayable

Edit: He moved to other room 200m away

unknown.png

That explains a ton!  Appreciate the update!

I also experienced an error while trying to issue commands to destroy the debris that covered passwords.  My Grineer buddies just wanted to hide inside the debris like piles of leaves in Autumn.  I'm glad they were comfy but I ended the mission 3/4 Passwords and I think my brothers need to evaluate the importance of when there is time for work and time for play.

50 minutes ago, Aeoni said:

Although one of the debris piles you have to blow up for passwords glitched out: Pathing was apparently iffy and I had to send someone in to set the charge about twenty times in a row, since they were unable to reach the magical spot, just kept running in place against the debris. I still marvel it worked in the end.

Wait a sec... you can blow those up? I've just been jumping onto them and finding the passcode hidden underneath.

43 minutes ago, Aeoni said:

I mean... you still get the other 90 stock. Which, incidentally is all you need to buy a shard. How exactly do people lose out on the shard?

What bothers me more is that if you buy a shard each week, you only have 15 stock left for progress towards the other things in the shop. Guess it will take a long while to get those mods and the second Styanax to feed to Helminth.

The slog to get a second Styanax is indeed a long one. I think the cost needs to be reevaluated, as it stands it's a multi week endeavour to try to farm him, not a big deal for everyone that was able to get him for free but will be a much bigger issue for new/returning players that miss out on the give away.

Just now, Danielw8 said:

@[DE]DanielleSecond run i found everything but still:

Last dead body was 1m away from extraction in saturn six fight

And now: Saturn six evaporates, idk where is he and i cant finish the mission

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have video too running for 2 mins for the whole room and he just dissapear

Challenges spawns are bugged, final boss dissapear, we cant kill these dropships .. literally unplayable

Wolf was only a single hallway back for me after he fell off the map. But yeah a lot of self-described METICULOUS level-combers (like myself, who NEVER expects to get both under-15-minutes and everything else in the same run) are coming up one piece (or MORE) short of several of the collectables. I searched meticulously. And came up short for literally EVERYTHING other than the passwords.

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Edit: For clarification, eligibility will not be Man the Guns specific, as that challenge is not able to be completed. 

the edit is even more confusing than if it wasn't clarified.
so being eligible for the 15 stocks, won't depend on whether or not my account was affected by this issue (it is).
doesn't make much sense, since people who got a different objective this week (destroy immunodes), will have essentially received an ADDITIONAL 15 stock over what players actually affected by the bug would get. and so they would still be 15 stock behind the rest of the community.

but even if i ignore all that, the next part makes even less sense:
"...as that challenge is not able to be completed".

this part seems disconnected from the previous part.
so it will NOT be "man the guns" specific....because "man the guns" could not be completed.

shouldn't that mean that it "WILL be man the guns specific", since the entire issue is that it cannot be completed?

the post made perfect sense until that last edited part.
=\

"We realized there was a issue with our buggy game but rushing out more buggy content matters more then simply just giving out 15 stock to all players who have khal mission available to them cuz reasons" this is exactly why the xplay,save will fail hard no priority nor forethought on how it will effect the game we need massive focus on bug fixes and fixing of matchmaking not more grinding as content and nerfing to make said crappy content seem good with difficulty 

Archived