Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #166

[DE]Megan

After reading some comments, I wonder: Would you guys be up to change the Twitch Drop from the Umbra Forma to something else and make the Umbra Forma the Gift of the Lotus alert? While I'll be able to be home to catch the stream, I can see the concerns from people as to why they can't be able, so it seems quite unfortunate with an easy fix.

The next Prime already? Doesn't seem like yesterday when Revenant Prime was released.

9 hours ago, De4thAdder78 said:

Please be our favourite speedy boi the Saint of Altra 🙃

Not for a while. Baruuk is next and we still have Hildryn and Wisp to get their primes before he does.

I predict Gauss Prime will release no sooner than Fall 2023.

I'm going to keep asking for the same thing:  Please rework weapons that have some unique aspect to them--whether it be alternate firing modes, a secondary fire, an augment, a unique ability, or whatever--to be more viable.  Some weapon augments are practically useless.  I'll admit that I'm a collector, so I keep weapons with unique attributes, innate elemental damage, augments, etc.  Thus, I have a Furis.  Solely because of the Winds of Purity augment.  However, by the time most players get around to being able to get that naturally (e.g. without trading), I'd imagine it's useless, so I think either the weapon or the augment would need some tweaking.  In this case I'd argue the augment, but there are some cases where I would say both (like Gilded Truth).

5 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

really not looking forward to this devstream or doing its overview....

already disappointed in the halfbaked wolf rendering, the frame was the only thing i was looking forward too in the update , lets hope the abilities at least work ...?

What's wrong with character rendering? From the pictures I'm seeing it looks pretty decent and pretty.

13 hours ago, oceano4 said:

Can we PLEASE get the option to unbind "activate selected power" and blink from each other?
Playing Archwhing and Titania on my controller set is almost impossible.

I've been playing since 2014 so it's just the way I play now, with controller. My scheme may be a mix of the old layout still, but either way I can't unbind these two options. 
This never used to be a problem, but I think it was the railjack update that made this all funky. 
Do any other players on PC with controller struggle with Archwing because of this?

There is a lot of kinda unnecessary limitations and struggles when playing on controller. This is one of them. It's also a problem when NOT wanting to actually activate the “last used power”. Moreover it counts going into operator as a power for some weird reason.

Most of which could be alleviated by just letting us UNBIND certain stuff without losing the general function of said button.

Also, I for the life of me do not get why they won't let us map more functionality. Like the “Power Menu” (LB). Here only X, B, Y, A functions while we could add shortcuts etc. to some of the other unused buttons.

I have however created a QoL overlay for reWASD to add some functionality. It's limited tho, bc of the above restrictions. Which is counterproductive as they apparently won't even let us “fix” stuff ourselves.

And why can't we have “Always run” on when using a controller?

Also also, why do we need to reactivate run each time we interact with something? If I activate it as toggle, it’s probably bc I want it ON for the rest of the mission/until I toggle it off.

I have made multiple forum posts asking them to look into “reworking” controller. Or at least giving us the option to customize it more. If I try to unbind a button it won't even let me save it. Just give me the warning with an option to continue anyway. I know what I’m doing.

Hopefully they will look into it. It makes a lot of sense now with crossplay. Some of the above would also improve control for ppl on consoles, who are generally more limited than us on PC.

13 hours ago, ChozenBardoUmbra said:

Talking about Options bugs, this "auto sprint" doesn't work, it always disables itself when exiting the Options menu.

kBsMKjP.png

Are you playing on controller? I am and I thought it did it for that reason since the function is under “M/KB” controls.

Annoying in any case. Just like it's annoying having to re toggle sprint many, many times during missions.

hi! bringing up THIS BIG UGLY BUG again in the hopes of seeing some sort of change in the future!

operator amp scaffolds have been broken since almost four entire years ago, with fortuna launch at the end of 2018. at this point i'm barely even asking for a fix, even just someone at DE finally seeing a post and recognizing the problem would be enough for me

6 hours ago, quxier said:

Not sure if they are aware but there are some missing/bad stuffs:

- Some melees has wrong combos. For example Bullet dance forward combo slashes around you stopping frame's movement. On other hand standing combo looks like it want to move forward/backward (so moving combo).

- There is no backward combo.

And with melee related, does anyone remember aerial mod set from Deimos? Current melee good movement system (e.g. no random pauses to execute certain combos) but there are much more stuffs to do to make each melee group unique & good. But this is not right place for such big topic ;)

Oh I am sure there is a lot stuff that I forgot, honestly there was so much stuff that got forgoten that I dont remember anymore everything that is missing., some were gameplay related like modular archwings or stalker mode, some are missing bosses like Nef Anyo boss battle  or third spider boss, other missing things were missing weapons like 2 sentient weapons(pistol and gun-spear) they were shown together in the the concept arm for basmu which we first got during scarlet spear event, after that people thought we will get them during new war since they are sentient related and war was against sentients but that didnt happen either, here is art showing the sentient guns we are missing:

Spoiler

pysb4hre15381.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Another weapons we are missing are archwing related, one was melee, a glaive(but not warframe style glaive but more like warcraft style glave that Illidan was using:

Spoiler

lucas-hug-archglaive.jpg?1562682874

The other archwing weapon was  Multi-Hornet Missile Launcher:

Spoiler

wf-archwing-multi-hornet-missile-launche

And there are other weapons that are missing, there is one that I am kinda obsessed with, most people kinda missed it, it was shown during 2017 tennocon weapon art panel, this weapon is actually a set of three weapons, one primary, one secondary and one melee that when equiped together were supposed to turn into sort-of super weapon, here is how it was supposed to look:

Spoiler

wVjkpdw.jpeg

it shows the weapons and how would they fit together,

here is whole gallery from that tennocon showing what was show during that tennocon so you will have general idea what other weapons for warframe were shown during that tennocon which we did actually get, also showing you gallery so you will know its not some fake:

https://imgur.com/a/tM1TX#wVjkpdw

and here is  reddit post where this gallery was posted orginally:

11 hours ago, RafMatador22 said:

What's wrong with character rendering? From the pictures I'm seeing it looks pretty decent and pretty.

not gonna re post a giant long thread of the issue , see the joe mads wolf thread if your curious, for me if they had not shown the concept art of what it "was" to look like i wouldn't have an issue, and done so repeatedly with colors and example color render 

dfa4e9ab8bbe8eb101bde4a5973c1a88.png

Spoiler

ImageImageImage

nut shell: they failed to make its entire body topology correct(just made it look close ish style wise)  they cut the back of the head off and shrunk it to fit on valkyrs rig, used valky base body  and built off that and glued wolves to.

the reuse of a rig is fine in sculpt base. if they did so to properly make the design, they did not, this is simply cutting creative corners to get it "done" quickly . plenty gave input and example fixes, (would have taken 5 minutes in zbrush), and were flat ignored  , because they have to release "something" in dec,  i understand this ,but its gonna be half baked/hearted its not gonna go well, it never does.  

I was so looking forward to the frame as im a joe mad fan for a long time and was very excited id have a frame designed by him.. till they showed the rush job render, as it was a "month away" of release there was no way they would do this properly realistically.   just disappointing to me , thus i can only hope her kit is useful, else she will just become another fodder frame , to level and forget 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

not gonna re post a giant long thread of the issue , see the joe mads wolf thread if your curious, for me if they had not shown the concept art of what it "was" to look like i wouldn't have an issue, and done so repeatedly with colors and example color render 

dfa4e9ab8bbe8eb101bde4a5973c1a88.png

Reveal hidden contents

ImageImageImage

nut shell: they failed to make its entire body topology correct(just made it look close ish style wise)  they cut the back of the head off and shrunk it to fit on valkyrs rig, used valky base body  and built off that and glued wolves to.

the reuse of a rig is fine in sculpt base. if they did so to properly make the design, they did not, this is simply cutting creative corners to get it "done" quickly . plenty gave input and example fixes, (would have taken 5 minutes in zbrush), and were flat ignored  , because they have to release "something" in dec,  i understand this ,but its gonna be half baked/hearted its not gonna go well, it never does.  

I was so looking forward to the frame as im a joe mad fan for a long time and was very excited id have a frame designed by him.. till they showed the rush job render, as it was a "month away" of release there was no way they would do this properly realistically.   just disappointing to me , thus i can only hope her kit is useful, else she will just become another fodder frame , to level and forget 

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with what's there, for me it's great the way it is.

17 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with what's there, for me it's great the way it is.

yes if you dont care about it being true to orginal Joe mad's concept, main head is for example MUCH smaller, so are the four heads, so is chest area,  there is a lot less of "armor" on arms and legs.

Voruna in game(from the dev stream pic) looks like mix of orginal concept art with much smaller female Frame like Valkyr.

23 hours ago, quxier said:

And with melee related, does anyone remember aerial mod set from Deimos?

****New Mitosid Mod Set

We anticipated shipping a Mitosid Mod Set with Deimos: Arcana. After review, these Mods needed a bit more time in the oven, and we wanted to make this clear for those who may have come across them on the Test Cluster in any form to explain their fate!. We’ll return to the drawing board and ship at a later date!

Hide contents

Aerial attacks now execute a spin attack that deals +20% damage repeating 2 times in succession.

Mitosid Carapace

+60% Armor, +90% Health

Mitosid Claws

+90% Slash, +60% Status Chance

Mitosid Viscera

+90% Slash, +60% Status Chance 

To use the Mod Set Bonus, simply do a Neutral Aerial Melee Attack (Space to jump, no input on WASD, then Melee!)

On 2022-11-23 at 12:23 PM, ferrers said:

Yep basically a big middle finger to Euro players middle of the week , at just before midnight :(

It's an american game for an american audience first and foremost, the entitlement is nuts. I certainly would not act like you if I were european, because I would understand.

16 hours ago, Culaio said:

Another weapons we are missing are archwing related, one was melee, a glaive(but not warframe style glaive but more like warcraft style glave that Illidan was using:

Reveal hidden contents

lucas-hug-archglaive.jpg?1562682874

If it were normal melee.. yhay would be great (visual wise).

On 2022-11-23 at 9:04 AM, oceano4 said:

Can we PLEASE get the option to unbind "activate selected power" and blink from each other?
Playing Archwhing and Titania on my controller set is almost impossible.

I've been playing since 2014 so it's just the way I play now, with controller. My scheme may be a mix of the old layout still, but either way I can't unbind these two options. 
This never used to be a problem, but I think it was the railjack update that made this all funky. 
Do any other players on PC with controller struggle with Archwing because of this?

No but I have my own controller bug in that if I press my activate power button for use of the operator, then melee (where you have it bound) the scheme resets 100% to default, tho the controller mapping remains the same as listed in the ui, it does not function that way. I found a way around it (I need to rebind 1 key on start up) but its super annoying and has been an issue since.....1 update prior to the New War.

I know everything on this Dev Stream is already planned out BUT, do you see your selves ever reworking one of the oldest standing systems in this game to date? Being the extractors.

The system still functions AND it is updated in terms of new locations where applicable but I cannot help but feel the system needs a refresh.

On 2022-11-23 at 11:05 AM, (PSN)BenjiiBrazzy5596 said:

What does umbra forma do

Also when will the prime gaming loot become available?

It adds the "Umbra" Polarity. It can only be used on Warframes and melee weapons (once there max level 30).
Here is more info on the mods. And, here is for the forma.

The new Prime Gaming loot is available right now.
It's for Octavia, as seen here from my screenshot:

1e265c43949d4e2ba4c6b372ee12b404b6804624

(Keep in mind, I already claimed it.)

Archived