The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill 20 in 5 seconds

ShadowStarx1

Question

I don't think I've seen this anywhere yet on this topic. I had difficulty following the usual recommendations, but I was easily able to get it done with a Vauban on Phorid Assassination. At its arena, a lot of Infested spawn at a time, so after eliminating Phorid, a quick vortex using 4 grouped them nicely for a quick melee feast to get the task done.

On 2023-01-06 at 1:12 AM, ShadowStarx1 said:

Need tips.

mostly cause when it try in ESO.

I used Volt prime in ESO. Full squad. Immediately at the start i cast my 4. Done in 2 seconds 

However, now the first ESO room is different, much bigger tile. Doubt it will work. 

I'd try Deimos survival. Max out your wall latch. Go to the 4m mark and then wall latch. Let them accumulate. Jump off and up, nuke with 4, then shoot the rest. 

I think this is like the third thread we have on this challenge, and the only one I haven't posted on yet. Anyway... its relatively easy, because there are multiple ways to do this. So its good to practice and try to find a way that best suits your preferences, play style and content you like to do. So people offering suggestions, its great, because you can pick and choose which sounds easiest, best or most fun... but also... Not so bad deconstructing common elements, so you can figure out a bunch of different ways. 

Like many missions or settings, just won't have the enemy density to let you kill that many, that fast. Many weapons lack the kill potential, depending on the enemy scaling, many Warframes don't have abilities that may assist you in the challenge. 

There are a number of Warframes that can assist in this challenge. In two basic ways, either nuking, or grouping, so fast killing. May depend on the difficulty too, as in milage may vary... For example, Frost on star chart Earth, Defence may be able to wipe an entire wave with one button press, on Steel Path? Maybe not. System may be a factor too. Since I am on console, and also like to play solo a lot, well the enemy density isn't always the best on a lot of missions, unless it is Steel Path, and say a Survival. If you are on PC, you may not have that issue. 

For grouping Warframes, you have Nidus, Mag, Vauban, Zephyr, and a few others, but with them, you also need decent weapons if... you are in Steel Path, to kill fast. If you enemy density allows it in lower level missions though, also good picks, even if your guns/melee are average. Likewise "nuke" Warframes like Saryn, Equinox, Gara, Ember, etc as long as enemy density is sufficient. ESO is a good place, Infested missions? Since you tend to get more Infested and as a side bonus they are pretty squishy. 

My personal go to, is Nidus with Stropha in any Steel Path Survival, since I often play that content anyway. I just Larvae every single enemy into one ball, once they have all spawned, then kill them with Stropha. Thats just one way out of potentially hundreds though. You may not like Steel Path or Stropha or Nidus, so its not like its the only way. 

On 2023-01-05 at 11:12 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

Need tips.

Last time i did by accident this time  i cant even get close.

mostly cause when it try in ESO everyone has OP guns and run around 1 shotting everting.

Equinox or Volt in normal sanctuary onslaught are very good at doing this.
Protea is another solid option

12 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

My personal go to, is Nidus with Stropha in any Steel Path Survival, since I often play that content anyway

I like SP survival as well. My nidus has two forma and seems glassy but I really can't figure out why. Mind posting your build? I also just got stropha and leveled it up.  Maybe I don't need so much duration? Not really sure how to play him. In SP circuit yesterday someone had nidus grouping and I had citrine with fearful bonanza 40% and status spreads 50% to nearby and the tileset was literally on fire. It was awesome.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I like SP survival as well. My nidus has two forma and seems glassy but I really can't figure out why. Mind posting your build? I also just got stropha and leveled it up.  Maybe I don't need so much duration? Not really sure how to play him. In SP circuit yesterday someone had nidus grouping and I had citrine with fearful bonanza 40% and status spreads 50% to nearby and the tileset was literally on fire. It was awesome.

It has really nice enemy density, SP Survival. Oh and yeah sure, I can't post screenshots yet though, I can in a few hours. Also, I have three different builds. Also I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to others outright, since can depend a lot on your playstyle. 

My main general use Nidus config, I usually use Steel Charge or Swift Momentum, I use the Three Umbral Mods. Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Fiber. The bonus you can get is nice, and I like to health tank with him. Then I have Stretch, to assist in grouping enemies with Larvae, plus its nice with Virulence as well. I also use Adaptation and Rolling Guard. I think thats a bit overkill though survivability wise, but I can be a bit lazy when I play Nidus. I should be using his Parasitic Link more for the damage reduction, but I can forget a lot, Nidus high health works especially well with Adaptation, but at a certain point, main threat I find to Nidus is enemies status effects, especially since he can't shield gate, so I use Rolling Guard to cleanse and avoid being one shot from high level SP Eximus. Then I have Primed Flow, and then a flex spot of sorts. Usually Teeming Virulence or Abundant Mutation. Then Arcane Avenger and Arcane Grace for Arcanes. 

I usually like to play Nidus as a weapons platform. Arcane Avenger and Teeming Virulence gives big Crit Chance buffs, he is also so tanky, you can be lazy and ignore a lot of enemy attacks, to find the best timing to group them all up, to build your stacks. Then use your fav guns to kill everything in Larvae once you have max stacks and want to move around or do whatever. Stropha is really good, I am not sure how it works on PC or X-Box, but on PSN, holding Circle in Bullet Dance lets you shoot it like a gun, I think its called Automatic Rhumba as the combo. On enemies in Larvae (and its really good with Mag and Magnetise), you can build combo extremely fast, and then combo it into the Heavy Attack. Should end up with an explosion of Red Crits and everything being dead. 

Then I have another Nidus build thats more team work orientated, with more strength, less defence/survivability, your Parasitic Link will give a bigger buff to allies etc with a team you get less enemy aggro as well.

If your Nidus feels glassy, might be struggling with enemy status procs, Nidus can struggle with enemy heat and slash procs. If you are good about using your Parasitic Link, its less an issue. Duration can be decent on Nidus if you do use Parasitic Link and don't like casting it a lot. Personally, I don't like too much duration, because sometimes Larvae enemies can get stuck and you can't recast it unless enemies die or the timer runs out. If an enemy does get stuck behind a wall or column, can be hard to kill, so less duration can be good. Again, depends on how you play and what you prefer ultimately. 

Arcane Grace is pretty good on Nidus just because he is always taking health damage so is always getting passive healing. He is good to throw blue archon shards on too though (I know you are currently grinding through Arcanes via Eidolons and Orphix and yeahh, its... a grind alright. I'd give you some of my spares but I don't think PSN and X-Box can trade yet.)

Oh yeah that Status Spread Decree is crazy fun, with quite a few Warframes and weapons. Can lead to some very cool and awesome results. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

main threat I find to Nidus is enemies status effects, especially since he can't shield gate

I think wyrm ears status affects with an augment.

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I know you are currently grinding through Arcanes via Eidolons and Orphix and yeahh, its... a grind alright

Appreciate the offer. Yeah it's a grind but I'm on R3 energize now. Need 10 more. Hopefully by 2024 haha

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I think wyrm ears status affects with an augment.

Thats one way yeah, there are a few more some people employ, there are a few Helminth abilities that can,  Sancti Magistar though its only percentage based, etc.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Appreciate the offer. Yeah it's a grind but I'm on R3 energize now. Need 10 more. Hopefully by 2024 haha

Its a shame, because IIRC you haven't gotten to experience  Scarlet Spear  or the original Orphix Venom event. I think you might have preferred them, since you could earn a currency that would let you buy many of the same Eidolon Arcanes directly, with no RNG involved, so you could focus on only the Arcanes you want (and avoid the ones you didn't) as well as still get them as a reward. (Which helped, since just going off the currency/pity system could feel grindy). Still, the removal of RNG was really nice. 

Its possible that we all might get a new event that has a pity store available for Eidolon Arcanes but ehhh... Who knows, might take years. I also know that I finally got a few Arcanes like Energise maxed out around the time Orphix Venom even was announced, (though allowed me to round out some other Arcanes). 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

you haven't gotten to experience  Scarlet Spear  or the original Orphix Venom event. I think you might have preferred them, since you could earn a currency that would let you buy many of the same Eidolon Arcanes directly, with no RNG involved, so you could focus on only the Arcanes you want (and avoid the ones you didn't) as well as still get them as a reward

Like almost all other arcanes? LOL

Necramech Rage and Arcane Energize are going to send me to the loony bin!

1 hour ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

dont have any guns that strong.

Have you tried Archwing Salacia? Also you can run SO instead, and go solo. Any nuke frame or high aoe weapon will do. Or just max range Larva Nidus/Magnetize Mag and shot with anything.

Necramech Arquebex can nuke pretty good too.

Archived