The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Farm in the Duviri Circuit and other rewards - New information given on Prime Time 346

AegidiusF

13 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Normal version lets you pick one track out of three options each week, with each track being focused on one frame.

SP lets you pick two shorter tracks out of five options each week, which lets you get two Incarnon Geneses (yes, that is the plural form) in total.

In both cases, you have to get through 10 ranks within the week to get everything.

So it's still randomized when it comes to Warframes then? 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Before, on Duviri Devstream, we had just one adaptor that was released at Tier 10, now, we are no more getting an adaptor, but two Incarnon upgrades on Tiers 5 and 10. I don't really see the logic of giving four Incarnon upgrades per week, if we can install them only on two weapons. That's why, to me, we can install more than one Incarnon upgrades in a signle weapon.

But again, this is just my opinion and I can be wrong.

If you look at the Devstream version, you may notice that at the top it said "Select two Incarnon adaptors", which indicates to me that the functionality I described was the plan even back then.

Coupled with Megan and Rebecca's comments on the system in the Prime Time showcase (which is where I got the "one adaptor per weapon version" from), I would be very surprised if you needed to use multiple Geneses per weapon.

3 minutes ago, Mediloric said:

So it's still randomized when it comes to Warframes then? 

I was referring to the reward system, but if you're referring to the Circuit's gameplay, then also yes. Upon loading into the Circuit, you start off in Teshin's cave where you can pick from a random selection of frames and weapons to use that run.

Edit: Huh, I originally typed these responses out as separate comments, but it seems the forum is now able to merge them. Nifty!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Corvid:

If you look at the Devstream version, you may notice that at the top it said "Select two Incarnon adaptors", which indicates to me that the functionality I described was the plan even back then.

Coupled with Megan and Rebecca's comments on the system in the Prime Time showcase (which is where I got the "one adaptor per weapon version" from), I would be very surprised if you needed to use multiple Geneses per weapon.

I think they simply  just renamed it since they seem not to be adapters that gonna be installed but more like an Upgrade unlocked via duviri. 

My guess is they simply think calling it an adapter is maybe to confusing.

il y a 39 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

Yes, but that seems only for new players and from what I saw it didn't have any Orbiter Segments, it feels really stupid to allow new players to be trapped inside a random blocky (and no deco) room without Segments and the next thing they can do is just walk to a close door saying "Go to Warframe" 

Oh ! I see.

I think they will be able to make some decorations on their Dormizone. But I understand better the problem you are pointing to : I think this will be exactly as you said.

Rebecca said this on the Prime Time :

Citation

Once they are done with the quest [Duviri] therre's an option to either stay in the very Paradox or go to the other side and play that story out and then at any point you can switch back and forth.

[...]

Citation

Anytime I can enter the origin system to begin the warframe path. I can do Vor's Prize.

origin-system-door.jpg

6 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Rebecca said this on the Prime Time :

Once they are done with the quest [Duviri] therre's an option to either stay in the very Paradox or go to the other side and play that story out and then at any point you can switch back and forth.

[...]

Anytime I can enter the origin system to begin the warframe path. I can do Vor's Prize.

Oh, yuck.  Canonically, the Drifter does not meet the Operator until well into TNW.  Just how are they going to explain away letting Drifter-starting players go directly into the Origin system and experience a totally unrelated story?

1 minute ago, MqToasty said:

Canonically, the Drifter does not meet the Operator until well into TNW.  Just how are they going to explain away letting Drifter-starting players go directly into the Origin system and experience a totally unrelated story?

... Because the Drifter isn't crossing over, the player is, and the two paths don't converge until the New War.

Games with parallel campaigns have been a thing for decades now, so I have no idea why some people seem to be unable to grasp the concept.

il y a 10 minutes, Corvid a dit :

I totally agree with the one Adaptor per weapon : what we are unlocking at the Incarnon Genesis system is the Adaptor. After we get the Adaptor, we must install it in a compatible weapon.

But the ranks of these Adaptors (the upgrades) will be unlocked at the circuit : that's why, at least in my opinion, the icons of the Adaprtors ranks are identical to the Incarnon nodes Buffs. Also, as we already saw, there was no challenge at all to unlock a node, just the mention "Locked".

The two adaptors were the two weapons circuits, as you can see below :

incarnon-adaptor.jpg

On the Devstream, we had to choose two adaptors (as you can see, it's the old name of each path) and each adaptor already had their ranks. To say it in other words : the new Incarnon Genesis will have upgrades that will be unlocked on the circuit. Before we already had Adaptors with ranks, but they said nothing about these ranks.

Incarnon Adaptor has become Incarnon Genesis
The ranks' names have been revealed : the Incarnon Genesis Upgrades
And the two Incarnon Adaptors we had to choose have become the Two Paths we have to choose.

But I can still be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Corvid said:

... Because the Drifter isn't crossing over, the player is, and the two paths don't converge until the New War.

Games with parallel campaigns have been a thing for decades now, so I have no idea why some people seem to be unable to grasp the concept.

They let you collect Warframe BPs and Arcanes in the Duviri Circuit.  If it's just the player, how do those and the materials you collect pass over to the Operator side?  I suppose it can just be some hand waving "game magic", but it cheapens the original story, which was pretty good up until right before The New War.

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

regular circuit is such a joke
these casuals with their unwillingness to farm elementary things for years simply ruin any new modes that are stuffed with useless rewards

This game has been for casuals for a while now. DE wants to keep new players engaged with the game, how are they suppose to do that when the current grind scares a lot of them away?

This is a welcome change for me because I can finally complete my helminth subsume collection without having to bang my head against the RNG. Looking at you Caliban, Revenant, and Xaku..

I was hoping for something more than Incarnon adapters to get mixed into the offerings on Steel Path. This is kind of reward schedule is going to run out of interest very fast unless you're a completionist that actually wants to just collect all of them, and even for completionists it's definitely not evergreen.

I hope that if the Circuit is a really good gameplay idea that we can have a variant with more replayability eventually, maybe in an "echoes of" update or something?

Edit: Nevermind, going back and looking at how it actually works.. I'm going to be offered them randomly, so this means.. Weeks where I just won't have anything of interest. Do I have to do these weeks anyways in order to shorten the list and get to the ones I want, feeling like I'm playing through it for effectively nothing?

I wish it had something other than just an explosion of weapons I guess. Chances are that 90% of them are going to collect dust..

29 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Incarnon Adaptor has become Incarnon Genesis

Rewatching the devstream, they were actually referring to it as Genesis even back then.

31 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Also, as we already saw, there was no challenge at all to unlock a node, just the mention "Locked".

image.png

Given that it shares UI with the existing Incarnon weapons, I would be surprised if it did not work the same way as them, which means weapon challenges.

il y a 2 minutes, Corvid a dit :

Rewatching the devstream, they were actually referring to it as Genesis even back then.

image.png

Given that it shares UI with the existing Incarnon weapons, I would be surprised if it did not work the same way as them, which means weapon challenges.

Perhaps you are right. We'll have to wait until April 26th to see.

Looking forward to it.

Off topic : By the way, it's weird the Incarnon Adaptors and the Circuit hyped me much more than the Duviri's quest and the Drifter new modes...

32 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Also, as we already saw, there was no challenge at all to unlock a node, just the mention "Locked".

I think you should look again at the screenshot you refer to. It clearly states "locked" followed by "requires Evolution 3", which is the challenge they are currently on with the Lato in the screenshot.

So it looks like we'll end up with 2 incarnon genesis per week, one at tier 5 and one at tier 10. I'm not sure where you get 4 from, since each weapon picked only seems to grants 5 tiers to unlock, so 10 tiers in total across a week.

hace 5 minutos, cute_moth.npc dijo:

I hope that if the Circuit is a really good gameplay idea that we can have a variant with more replayability eventually, maybe in an "echoes of" update or something?

If I am not mistaken, as I too tuned in for the Prime Time, "the next Warframe will arrive on an Echoes Update" - said Rebecca, probably referring to an Echoes of Duviri, but that's as far as my knowledge goes regarding what will come after.

Changing topic, starting as the Drifter seems an incredible upgrade over the former game's progression.
You get arcanes, weapons, mods and even augments, all  just by playing the Circuit! I don't see why anyone would choose the Operator's route over the Drifter's, given this.

But, then again, a new player won't know this beforehand, unless they've been looking onto getting into the game but never built up the courage to do so due to how grindy it may seem. Now yes of course there's the different storyline yare yare daze, that's not the point, I'm focusing on how steady and neat the progression seems on the Drifter's side.

And yes, it's a weekly thing and a single gamemode, so don't know how it'll be outside of that.
There's also the Duviri Progression itself, as I'd catalogue the goodies from the Circuit as more of a "general game progression".

One way or another, Duviri is looking pretty good whether you like just raw Warframe gameplay or looking for something different, and I'm all in for that.
Though the AI seems... doubtful, given they attack one at a time. My only criticism thus far is that, can't judge but from the seen gameplay.

il y a 6 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

I think you should look again at the screenshot you refer to. It clearly states "locked" followed by "requires Evolution 3", which is the challenge they are currently on with the Lato in the screenshot.

Yes, totally that, and as you can see on the Devstream : nowhere else you can see a challenge, but the nodes are clearly marked under each Incarnon Genesis (or Adaptors), that's why I think the Incarnon UPGRADES (they changed the name) will be used to UPGRADE the Incarnon Genesis. But this is only my opinion and I can be wrong.

il y a 2 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

So it looks like we'll end up with 2 incarnon genesis per week, one at tier 5 and one at tier 10. I'm not sure where you get 4 from, since each weapon picked only seems to grants 5 tiers to unlock, so 10 tiers in total across a week.

The four comes from this :

remark-incarnon-genesis.png

As you have two paths, you will have two tiers 5 and 10 per path. But this is my opinion, I don't know if this is really what is going to happen. We'll have to wait till April 26th.

Warframe paths on normal Circuit also have 10 Tiers, as they've shown.

But why are you saying that each weapon only grants five tiers ? I didn't see  this information.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

STEEL PATH DUVIRI CIRCUIT :

Rewards : The Steel Path Circuit will give us the possibility to get Incarnon Adaptors.

Rotations of five weapons proposed per week and we'll be able to choose two of them. At the moment, we have 30 weapons on the pool, but others will be added in the future.

Ugh... why SP gets the most stuffs. Normal mode gets some random arcanes then SP can pick their weapon of choice.

To be honest there is not middle ground.

People that are new will get new frames & mods from normal circuit. People that need 2nd frame for Helminth and haven't farmed most of them would have nice alternative.That's great.

SP guys will have new shiny thing in form of incarnon weapons (adapters).

What about middle guys? What if you don't want to deal with bullet sponge of SP and you have most frames? You get 2 random arcanes PER WEEK* and some random frame. I have like ~9 frames to subsume to Helminth. I need 2 prime parts so I can put old (non prime) frames to Helminth. With RNG I need to hit 1/5 of frames missing with 3 chances (3 frames to pick from). Some frames will be like Helminth, less available.

* I assume that you can do it only pick 1 frame per week, I may be wrong

54 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

regular circuit is such a joke
these casuals with their unwillingness to farm elementary things for years simply ruin any new modes that are stuffed with useless rewards

These hardcore players willing to spend days or even weeks IN GAME to drop something with rare chance makes normal modes normal mode filled with bad stuffs.

Looks awesome IMO. There are a lot of plaIyers who can't stand Orphix and Eidolons and their only way to farm arcanes is by trading them with other players, plus the warframes locked behind tedious farms. This is definetely a better "new player experience" than just a revamped intro tutorial and what I was expecting them to deliver years ago when they announced that project.

Just now, vanaukas said:

Looks awesome IMO. There are a lot of plaIyers who can't stand Orphix and Eidolons and their only way to farm arcanes is by trading them with other players, plus the warframes locked behind tedious farms. This is definetely a better "new player experience" than just a revamped intro tutorial and what I was expecting them to deliver years ago when they announced that project.

From what I understand weekly rewards from circuits are randomized per week so we will have to see how viable it will be for getting eidolon arcanes. There are a few things that sound good on paper but may up not being great once we get our hands on duviri.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

But why are you saying that each weapon only grants five tiers ? I didn't see  this information.

Ironically enough, it's in the image in this very comment:

remark-incarnon-genesis.png

Since you need to pick two Incarnon Geneses to work toward, and rewards are issued at Tiers 5 and 10, it's logical to state that each Incarnon Genesis track has five tiers associated with it.

that's why I think the Incarnon UPGRADES (they changed the name)

If you look at it, "upgrades" is in lowered case, meaning the word isn't part of the item's name.

It's saying that the items that upgrade the two chosen weapons into Incarnon weapons will be given at Tier 5 and Tier 10.

To give an example from the game as it exists now for the purpose of illustration, that sentence is the equivalent of saying "Exilus Warframe Adaptor upgrades are obtained from Simaris". It's a bit clunkier than how players would write it, but it conveys the same information.

They never changed the name (again, even in the devstream where the placeholder UI called them adaptors, the devs were already using the term "Incarnon Genesis"), it's just a bit of syntax ambiguity. It could potentially be solved by using the plural form of Genesis (as I have been doing).

12 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

We don't know details but farming arcanes from Duviri doesn't seems to be good. Like... 2 random arcanes (rank 0) within week (?). Even if you could do more than 1 set (2 arcanes) per week you have to do like 10x 3-5 missions to complete set of 10 missions. Even mission that could take 5 minutes that's still 150-250 minutes (2.5 - ~4 hours). Even with solo fissures missions you can do much more. Like 1 plat per 5 minutes. That's 30-50 plat without even doing radiants, team or specific relics. Just your trash prime junk. You know how much arcane ultimatum costs? 5-10 plat.

Sure, new players will be glad to get some stuffs but not "middle guys" that cannot stand Orphix/Eidolons.

Oh ! I see.

I think they will be able to make some decorations on their Dormizone. But I understand better the problem you are pointing to, I think this will be exactly as you said. Rebecca said this on the Prime Time

Yeah, what I am concerned about, don't get me wrong I do enjoy the Drifter Camp, been using it since it came out since it's kinda like a destroyed Orbiter, but I'd love to be able to log into the Dormizone, otherwise it's just another wasted space for the game, besides for fashion framers, when the update first came out, it was pointed out, it will be DOA due to that and it seems to be that case, besides the people who IKEA their room. There are a few consoles and spots in the wall that can be used for the Segments from the Orbiter that can be used and DE added a mirror to the Drifter Room to use appearance, so why not loadout?  

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

We don't know details but farming arcanes from Duviri doesn't seems to be good. Like... 2 random arcanes (rank 0) within week (?). Even if you could do more than 1 set (2 arcanes) per week you have to do like 10x 3-5 missions to complete set of 10 missions. Even mission that could take 5 minutes that's still 150-250 minutes (2.5 - ~4 hours). Even with solo fissures missions you can do much more. Like 1 plat per 5 minutes. That's 30-50 plat without even doing radiants, team or specific relics. Just your trash prime junk. You know how much arcane ultimatum costs? 5-10 plat.

Sure, new players will be glad to get some stuffs but not "middle guys" that cannot stand Orphix/Eidolons.

I think it's good. At least this is the way I'll finish my arcane collection: Knowing exactly what I'll get plus engaging just for the things I'm interested seals the deal for me. I don't care if it's slow, I hate trading and I don't like Eidolons (too many vfx that I cannot disable without impacting the rest of the game) and the current regular Orphix pace.

Archived