Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Update 33: The Duviri Paradox

[DE]Megan

When games become too big and too complex, I stopping to play them. How many years you written this doc? You suppose that we will read it? I playing games to relax, not to study something, over and over again, like at school or university. Feel the difference: relaxation and busy work...

• Like 5

Thanks so much for the fixes and the update! The only problem I'm having right now and was a problem for me and a couple people was if we use controllers on pc we cannot quick reload in melee. This was a feature before and now it is not working. If it can be looked into that would be most appreciated.

Any news on when your gonna fix the deluxe skin that you ruin? Protea Caladrius,Rhino Palatine, khora spikes and gauss feet are broke since last year is this ever gonna get fix?

also the new driffter armors and barukk doan look pretty cool but wisp somnium textures are so bad no matter witch color you use it looks all crappy and in the promotional photos it look way more cleaner

are gonna have a warframe with duviri aesthetics? I think the skeletal look would look awesome on frame

As far as first impressions go, Duviri Paradox is terrible for me.
I can't appreciate the world I'm sure the team put a lot of effort into it because the black and white filter blobs around and seemed better on the first gameplay trailer. It took just a few minutes for it to become off-putting.
The obviously Dark Souls inspired combat mechanics hah, no thank you. The reason I played Warframe is for fast paced action where I'm a space ninja, not for timing my attacks and dodges.
I'm sure some people will enjoy it but I am absolutely disappointed, this isnt the Warframe I know and love. Please dont turn Warframe into a PTR for Soulsframe.

• Like 9

GG but remove timegated incarnon augments, needing to wait for months just to play with some of our most beloved weapons should be a crime. It will be the content for most of us veterans after exhausting duvirii.

Archon shards are already timegated enough.

• Like 2

Okay, so after finishing the quest, here's my opinion so far:

-Style over substance is still in full effect, and I pretty much guarantee that this "intro and tutorial" will somehow leave the newbies even more confused and annoyed than the original one, which is quite an achievement in obtuse design

-The writing of the characters and the pacing is horrendous

-The drifter is exactly what I expected; slow, clunky, underpowered, and not why I play Warframe

-The new environments, enemies, and overall design elements are just as high-quality as always

-The open world is awesome, easily the best DE had ever done (though it's admittedly a low bar to clear). It took waaay too long for them to finally get actual exploration and puzzles into an open world environment, and even though it's five years too late, progress is still progress and should be applauded

-The space-horse looks incredibly stupid, but it controls well, and the ability to either run or fly makes it probably the best traversal tool DE made so far. Considering that its competition are the Archwings and the hoverboards, that might sound like damning with faint praise, but I genuinely find them a fun addition to the game, even if they seriously don't fit the overall sci-fi aesthetic of the rest of the game.

-The whole cycle thing is interesting on a narrative/design level, but I'm pretty sure it would outlive its welcome soon, so having the Lone Story is a nice bit of foresight

I haven't tried out the Circuit yet, but on the surface, it seems like yet another annoyingly long time-sink grind for not much in terms of rewards (though the Arcanes at least look nice), and I'm not looking forward to it. Overall, it's more-or-less what I expected (read: disjointed story told melodramatically, style-over-substance, lots of enforced grinding), but there have been a couple of pleasant surprises as well, and while this probably won't make me play the game more, it's an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 9

For the Circuit, alongside choosing equipment, can we get an option to select our focus school? A LOT of our builds(the good ones, where we pumped hundreds of hours into improving) are meant to synergize with focus schools, so being locked into the school we selected before entering just feels really bad. This would also help with the RNG punishment of Circuit, since it's completely unreasonable to ask even a veteran player to have saved all warframes and weapons while having forma'd/potato'd builds for every single one of them. However, at the very least we could rely upon our focus schools(and further incentivize new players to grind for focus).

• Like 3

I haven't even finished the quest yet.... I couldn't be bothered if I'm being honest because I'm not a newbie and it's INCREDIBLY BORING (seems to be a trend of late sadly)

Experience from quest:

• No idea how long the quest is going to take...would be nice to know in advance....
  • Could you have maybe used a different voice actor for the main enemy character rather than main voice actor from vent kids (Roky)... they're annoying enough there.
  • Drifter is so slow, kept wanting to void dash/bullet jump but obviously it doesn't work..
  • melee is clunky and slow
  • triggering abilities on the drifter are slow and are over-ridden by 'stun' mechanics even if you've started that action... basically you can't get health in some situations.  The cooldowns are a little too long imo too.
  • shooting the gun is slow and doesn't do any damage
  • 'reaction' triggers for enemy attacks such as reflection are not triggering fast enough... I had to trigger about 1-2 seconds early than I needed to, I'm on pc, not switch.... at the current speed they just seem unnecessary and I literally just said screw it and didn't use them after the mandatory bit.
  • The death 'video' is annoying
  • I want to fly the horse everywhere but nope... can't do that, got to follow the road...
  • No radar for resources, no obvious vacuum either... I'm going to assume the resource rates are going to make this a long grind like usual too
  • Using a non levelled frame/weapons is annoying... but I can use my levelled up operator which does more damage, moves faster etc.... I really feel sorry for a newbie doing the orb collection mode from zariman...
  • I really don't need a tutorial on stuff I've already done
  • Oh look everything seems to be plat only.... is there anything new tucked away that isn't plat?
  • I actually feel the 'dax' enemies on duviri are maybe too high for the newbies who haven't played warframe before....
  • Intrinsics need a higher/faster drop rate imo.
  • Did I say it was boring....

edit: I forgot about lock on using R.... it was quite annoying, during the test I could not get it to lock on to the other enemy because it wouldn't turn away from the one it was locked on to.  Couldn't get it to disable, couldn't change enemy.... in the end I just killed the enemy but that really is poorly designed if that isn't a bug.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 7

Fixed major performance issues occurring when rapidly casting Mirage’s Sleight of Hand with the Explosive Legerdemain Augment Mod equipped while Hall of Mirrors is active. In order to solve the performance issues, the following changes were made to Explosive Legerdemain: 

Explosion radius is no longer affected by Mods. It is now always 15m. 

Optimized the proximity mines when cast in the dark. 

Optimized the proximity mine triggers when there are multiple placed with Hall of Mirrors. Now there will be one trigger per group of mines, since they are close enough to one another. The trigger will swap to a new mine if the latter is destroyed. 

Proximity mine triggers no longer replicate to Clients (this was a particularly brutal performance issue origin for Clients in squads where the Host was casting Sleight of Hands with Hall of Mirrors often). 

Proximity mines now have a 20 second lifespan unless it is attracting an enemy, in which case it is paused. Only one mine can attract a particular enemy at a time.

The lifespan previously used to be extended if an enemy entered its trigger range, but if they never reached the explosion (e.g. something else killed them first) the lifespan could be extended indefinitely, causing strain on performance when stacking mines with multiple Sleight of Hand casts. 

I hope this is a temporary fix until bigger performance issues are resolved because this is a crushing nerf to an ability that was already only viable in low-to-mid level content.

• Like 6

The quest was really good, voice acting and writing particularly so. MMOs rarely have cinematic quests this well made. I hope you guys are planning to make it replayable at some point.
As for the new drifter melee combat, I kinda like it as it reminds me of Dark Souls, but I'm yet to play more content on Duviri to be able to tell how much I actually like it. (Is it possible to make the lock on bound on Q instead of R, without changing the reload keybind?)
However, only having 5 melee weapon options for drifter, 4 of them being locked out without crafting or buying with plat initially? I'm not sure about that one.

(Offtopic for sure, but if anyone at DE is reading this, could you please fix Verdilac energy colors? It's bugged for years.)

Edited by Harutomata
  • Like 1

Please fix the messy, broken, overly glossy hair already. Or maybe I should say, remedy the improvement?
Not a single black from the entirety of the palettes is black anymore and the hair looks greasy.
Along with our Operator hair "improvement" several months if not a year ago, the Kubrows got the same treatment. They look like mangy mutts with no recognizeable pattern and the color accuracy is non existent. Kubrow breeding with that implementation is really fruitless.

I had hoped with this update and the finally improved lighting (it was blinding), I'd have a chance of hair returning to what it was.
Comparison in spoiler

Spoiler

comparison.jpg

Also, since that seems to become a habit, please stop putting clothing on frames.

Last but not least: There is a thing like too much when it comes to idle animations. The Kaithe look like I play a YT vid with 2x the speed. It doesn't look fiery or agressive, but just broken.

(Will play new content otherwise in a few days, but these things just stood out right from the get go)

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 3

Fantastic update; loving it so far. Really is a different take compared to the other open worlds. 
Now that I am using my drifter more, I must request more beard options (options without mustaches, please!)

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by Slayer49