Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ground finishers? I haven't done one of those in like 8 years, what's the easiest way to do it now?

(PSN)robotwars7

Question

so the Incarnon Magistar's final challenge is to get 20 ground finishers.. easy I thought.. until I realized a lot of my gear is so powerful it kills rather than just knocking enemies down... and on the few occasions I get someone down, it won't do the finisher, even though I press the finisher button. can't just use slam attack because it kills, and all the CC abilities I can think of keep the enemy upright.

I haven't had to worry about doing finishers for YEARS, and if it were just regular ones, Excal and Inaros basically have buttons for that, but GROUND finishers specifically.. does anyone know what the best setup is for that now? thanks in advance.

sincerely, 

Robotwars7, a player who totally forgot ground finishers were a thing until about an hour ago.

• Like 2

12 answers to this question

Lots of options, but Valk Prolonged Paralysis is what I use for ground finisher builds.  It brings enemies in a mass, and puts them at your feet for a good while.  And best of all, it's virtually guaranteed not to kill anything on its own, lol.

There are more suggestions in this thread from yesterday:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

until I realized a lot of my gear is so powerful it kills rather than just knocking enemies down

How about having not over powered mods? Or is your Magistar just melt enemies without mods?

• Like 1

Because the melee system is cobbled together from like ten years of repeated reworks, ground finishers do not use the same button as any other kind of finisher. For ground finishers, you just use the normal melee button while looking down at a downed enemy. It's still kind of finicky.

• Like 1

i'm glad i'm not the first to be coming to say Prolonged Paralysis.

did you ever want Ground Finishers? how about like 20 of them at the same time?
grofit

oh and yeah, just press Melee when looking at an Enemy that's knocked down. it'll generally take priority over doing a normal Melee swing.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3

I also seem to remember I had an issue where it wouldn't register with a certain stance... dont remember if it just wasn't registering with shattering storm or crushing ruin... once i changed stances it started working...

could have been a bug at the time but switching stance was the only way I got it to register. (was on XBOX)