Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We All In Agreement That Pathos Clamp Grind Is a Little Absurd Right?

Am 31.5.2023 um 00:19 schrieb (XBOX)TheMadCash:

Not only do you have to get through 6 stages which I think is 1 stage too long but 2 of those stages being in the circuit is a lot. Even if you was speed running which a lot of us do now, still get heavily slowed down when entering the circuit & we have to go in there twice. Then having to spawn the worm, destroy 2 towers, fly through the portal & then we get to fight it. Doing this the first time? Was pretty cool. Doing it the 20th time? Now it’s a bit time consuming. Also Acrithis selling inventory for clamps? With the minimum being 10? Is a little crazy. Has DE said anything about having a quicker route to fight the worm or atleast a different way to get clamps??

Actually, that should have gone into the sp circuit as well.
because what am I supposed to do if I have unlocked everything and I'm just missing mats for incarnon?
All the stuff there is an extreme waste of time and hasn't been thought through at all.

So there must be useful rewards in addition to 10x mats. or just move it to sp circuit!

Absolutely ridiculous, having to kill the same boss over and over this many times

If I was theoretically in a solo clan, it would only take 90 runs to max out Gargoyles Cry. 90 runs, for a solo player to max out an event balanced for 5 to 10 people

It takes 170 Orowyrm kills to grind out enough Pathos Clamps to complete your inventory 

This is absurd, these numbers just should not add up this way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-21 at 8:25 PM, trst said:

Interesting Necro.

Sorry but describing Duviri content like that kinda just shows that you've not invested into learning the systems at play there. Your speed is immediately remedied with Kaith progress and Decrees can quickly push you into speeds that'd make Volt blush. Even in SP Duviri the Drifter is anything but weak with how powerful Decrees make you and how the melee combat works.. And their appearance is entirely subjective. It's also not even out of place in a game "like this" when Duviri content starts at a pace comparable to old Warframe/new players and quickly reaches the absurdity we have today.

Also the whole complaint really gets thrown out the window with the fact that half of a Duviri run is spent as a Warframe not just with your regular mod/weapon loadouts but also with Decrees still active. Like in the realm of a "power fantasy" Duviri is a step above the entire rest of the game only then beat by regular Circuit.

And there's no brainwashing here. My whole point was pointing out the fact that the Clamp grind is nothing compared to the kinds of grinds the complaining players already have and will eventually engage in. If someone finds Clamps unbearable to grind then I can't fathom how they've managed to continue playing the game with how much worse a lot of grinds are. Things like Lich/Sister weapons, mech parts pre rework, the entirety of Railjack, the solo Clan grind, or the often complained about (but actually incredibly easy) grind for Holokeys are all more time/effort intensive grinds than Clamps.

Well agree to disagree then, I love Warframe and someone on the internet trying to tell me that I shouldn't like it because I don't like Duviri is just kind of lost and quite honestly trying to gate keep.

Also please re-read your comment on "in the realm of a "power fantasy" Duviri is a step above the entire rest of the game" this is an absolute joke and I hope you can see that as well. Frames are basically gods with super interesting ability kits. If you honestly think that it's comparable power fantasy and coolness wise to a human who can throw a smoke bomb, can heal and summon a horse then idk man, and the fact that one can choose between cards that increase or decrease some value gets stale quite quickly, if I want something like that then I play Hades.

PS: I'm glad we can agree that liches are a pain, I recently claimed one by accident and am now locked from getting a hound and forced to do the liches

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Epic_rex said:

Well agree to disagree then, I love Warframe and someone on the internet trying to tell me that I shouldn't like it because I don't like Duviri is just kind of lost and quite honestly trying to gate keep.

Also please re-read your comment on "in the realm of a "power fantasy" Duviri is a step above the entire rest of the game" this is an absolute joke and I hope you can see that as well. Frames are basically gods with super interesting ability kits. If you honestly think that it's comparable power fantasy and coolness wise to a human who can throw a smoke bomb, can heal and summon a horse then idk man, and the fact that one can choose between cards that increase or decrease some value gets stale quite quickly, if I want something like that then I play Hades.

PS: I'm glad we can agree that liches are a pain, I recently claimed one by accident and am now locked from getting a hound and forced to do the liches

O5BZr.jpg

cCkds.gif

I still think you should get 2x Pathos Clamp (3x if Steel Path) per round completed in Circuit. This would require you to complete 5 rounds of Circuit to get an equivalent amount of clamps as a single run of Duviri, which that number of rounds also happens to take a similar amount of time to a single run of Duviri. However, Circuit is more "brain AFK" friendly, which is an important aspect of making grinds more tolerable for those who either don't like the game mode (or don't like grinding in general).

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I disagree.
Pathos clamps are not a difficult farm, nor a major time barrier - hell if you are doing SP Circuit and you want a reset as you don't like your choices - a quick (and I do mean quick) non SP lone story is a loadout RNG reset and you get a 10 pathos clamp bonus.

Next - farm Caliban twice, and his weapons - then tell me that the Narmer Isoplast farm doesn't make you eat your words about Pathos clamp farming.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Factical-Tuckwit
  • Like 1

I gave up on all duviri. I don't even care about incarnons anymore. I'd rather do anything else with my time than random loadouts and nonframe combat. 

I'm at a point in this game that if I don't enjoy the grind, I just won't do it. No reward is good enough to make me play something I don't enjoy. I never completed a single Khal mission and I'm not farming duviri anymore. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Epic_rex said:

No one is saying you don't love the game. I'm saying that thinking the clamp grind is absurd is itself absurd when there's many more far worse grinds. Especially as the most common complaints of Drifter combat and random loadouts don't actually hold water when half of a run is frame combat (even more so if you have the unlock that lets you temporarily use your frame whenever) and the random loadouts don't matter either due to how broken Decrees make every build.

Also if someone finds the clamp grind absurd then I just don't see how they've put up with the far worse grinds they've have had to have done just to get to said content.

14 hours ago, Epic_rex said:

Sorry but if you think that's a joke then I have to assume you've not bothered looking at what Decrees do or you've not stacked a dozen of them.

Half of a Duviri run IS regular old warframe content with your frame and everything. You can have over half a run be said content with the upgrade that lets you use your frame outside of the Undercroft. And all of that plain old frame content is being enhanced by Decrees which are so powerful when you get some stacked that you literally become more powerful there, and in Circuit, than you EVER do anywhere else in the game.

The content is literally a bigger power fantasy than the base game. Just consider how rapidly levels scale in the Circuit and, entirely thanks to Decrees, you get to casually nuke enemies in the several thousand level range with bottom to mid tier weapons. And that exact system is in play in regular Duviri minus the level scaling meaning you get the same damage, faster Decree scaling, but vs far weaker enemies.

Just because you start the run as just some person with a horse doesn't invalidate what you turn into after a few Decrees get turned on. All I can say at this point is if you play Lone Story just don't, all you get out of that is fewer Decrees for no benefit.

9 hours ago, trst said:

No one is saying you don't love the game. I'm saying that thinking the clamp grind is absurd is itself absurd when there's many more far worse grinds. Especially as the most common complaints of Drifter combat and random loadouts don't actually hold water when half of a run is frame combat (even more so if you have the unlock that lets you temporarily use your frame whenever) and the random loadouts don't matter either due to how broken Decrees make every build.

Also if someone finds the clamp grind absurd then I just don't see how they've put up with the far worse grinds they've have had to have done just to get to said content.

Sorry but if you think that's a joke then I have to assume you've not bothered looking at what Decrees do or you've not stacked a dozen of them.

Half of a Duviri run IS regular old warframe content with your frame and everything. You can have over half a run be said content with the upgrade that lets you use your frame outside of the Undercroft. And all of that plain old frame content is being enhanced by Decrees which are so powerful when you get some stacked that you literally become more powerful there, and in Circuit, than you EVER do anywhere else in the game.

The content is literally a bigger power fantasy than the base game. Just consider how rapidly levels scale in the Circuit and, entirely thanks to Decrees, you get to casually nuke enemies in the several thousand level range with bottom to mid tier weapons. And that exact system is in play in regular Duviri minus the level scaling meaning you get the same damage, faster Decree scaling, but vs far weaker enemies.

Just because you start the run as just some person with a horse doesn't invalidate what you turn into after a few Decrees get turned on. All I can say at this point is if you play Lone Story just don't, all you get out of that is fewer Decrees for no benefit.

Just as much as people don't especially like Duviri, I think it's safe to say that circuit is also not very popular after the novelty of it has worn off. The great rewards one gets from it however offsets that, and makes people find it more tolerable. Duviri literally only drops clamps and quite honestly incarnon weapons aren't really required for maxed steel path content, there are plenty of other weapons and frames that deal enough dmg.

And in circuit/ duviri I care so little about the rouge lite cards, that the hurdle of waiting through the animation of them flipping is enough for me to simply never use them (not that one needs them anyway when one already has good loadouts). It's lazy game design and I can understand that some might like it but one factor that plays into that might be that those people just haven't experience many other games.

PS: Power fantasy isn't just about seeing damage go brrrrr, it's also about looking badass, doing badass things with badass weapons and abilities, and and all the other small little things that flow into it, like for example spider man flinging around sky scrapers. Walking, jumping and dashing around in the drifter is just hella janky.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Epic_rex:

Just as much as people don't especially like Duviri, I think it's safe to say that circuit is also not very popular after the novelty of it has worn off. The great rewards one gets from it however offsets that, and makes people find it more tolerable. Duviri literally only drops clamps and quite honestly incarnon weapons aren't really required for maxed steel path content, there are plenty of other weapons and frames that deal enough dmg.

And in circuit/ duviri I care so little about the rouge lite cards, that the hurdle of waiting through the animation of them flipping is enough for me to simply never use them (not that one needs them anyway when one already has good loadouts). It's lazy game design and I can understand that some might like it but one factor that plays into that might be that those people just haven't experience many other games.

PS: Power fantasy isn't just about seeing damage go brrrrr, it's also about looking badass, doing badass things with badass weapons and abilities, and and all the other small little things that flow into it, like for example spider man flinging around sky scrapers. Walking, jumping and dashing around in the drifter is just hella janky.

It will never become popular either - because it's pure "cash grab". So it's about maximum number of items with the best mods.
There are no drops there except arcanes. (or even worse are these credit and endo rewards... what are they doing here?) and I can buy these arcanes super cheap with platinum. So why should I waste 40-60 minutes of my time when I can just speedrun relics, sell good prime parts cheaper than the competition and then just buy these arcanes? I HAVE MORE 5x-10x arcanes in that time! and then I get what I REALLY want! And in usual missions there are also mats for building or helmiths!

Also sp circuit is unfortunately VERY poorly designed. People leave after a round or leeching simply because the loadout is unsuitable for SP difficulty. I actually only play it because there's hardly anything else to do.

• Like 1

Should have gotten a few every couple of Circuit waves (Like 1 every 3 or 4 waves or 2 for the Steel path).

Or had them on the weekly rewards in stacks of 5.

Yes and no i want more reasons to play Duviri (I love it ) but there are none and the amount is low.

20 min for 10 of them is ok ish but I want to go there for more reasons hope some new resources drop there in the future. 

I like Duviri, so I'm disappointed that the Pathos Clamp farm cuts away some of Duviri's best aspects.  I really love the Duviri Experience, where you just roam around completing mini-tasks while accumulating a frankly silly amount of power; that's so fun!  But unfortunately, once you finish the Intrinsics grind there's no longer an incentive to engage with Duviri in this way...which is a shame because at least for me, that's where the actual fun of the entire game mode is.

So when it comes to Pathos Clamps, engaging with that part of the fun is deincentivized.  You want Clamps?  Then bee-line it to the Orowyrm, kill it, repeat.  Anything on the side is just making your Clamps take longer to get.

I think there should be another way to earn Clamps that encourages players to engage with the rest of Duviri.  Just give me 1 Clamp per completed activity or something like that.  It feels like a bummer that there's this great game mode that DE put so much work into making and that I enjoy playing, but it's dormant because they didn't put any evergreen rewards there.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

It will never become popular either - because it's pure "cash grab". So it's about maximum number of items with the best mods.
There are no drops there except arcanes. (or even worse are these credit and endo rewards... what are they doing here?) and I can buy these arcanes super cheap with platinum. So why should I waste 40-60 minutes of my time when I can just speedrun relics, sell good prime parts cheaper than the competition and then just buy these arcanes? I HAVE MORE 5x-10x arcanes in that time! and then I get what I REALLY want! And in usual missions there are also mats for building or helmiths!

Also sp circuit is unfortunately VERY poorly designed. People leave after a round or leeching simply because the loadout is unsuitable for SP difficulty. I actually only play it because there's hardly anything else to do.

If find base circuit rewards great for building ones helminth collection, many of the frames are a pain to farm. Being able to have a 100% chance to get them in 1h is great.

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Epic_rex:

If find base circuit rewards great for building ones helminth collection, many of the frames are a pain to farm. Being able to have a 100% chance to get them in 1h is great.

true. that is also very important. Because there are no serious catch-up mechanics for new players. and some normal warframes have lousy drop chances. example would be normal khora.

I stopped doing Duviri as soon as I got the Cinta. I can't stand the mode. I don't need the Incarnons. I hate random loadouts. I hate random buffs. I farmed pathos clamps for Kullervo, but never got the Rauta. Just thinking about Duviri gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. And that's not even mentioning the time gate on Kullervo's island... as if they didn't learn a thing from Eidolons.

The worst part of the farm was the Orowyrm fight. Because my selection of warframe weapons was so always so pathetic, it could take forever to kill those rings. If I had my GOOD weapons, it would take seconds. I rarely got my good weapons. Eventually, the frustration of it all just got to me... and I have practically stopped playing Warframe regularly since then. It pushed me out to Last Epoch and other games that have been... quite frankly, more fun, than Warframe's recent updates. I haven't even farmed the new Primes or Dante. Just can't be bothered... and I trace it all back to Duviri and the Pathos Clamp grind.

21 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I think there should be another way to earn Clamps that encourages players to engage with the rest of Duviri.  Just give me 1 Clamp per completed activity or something like that.  It feels like a bummer that there's this great game mode that DE put so much work into making and that I enjoy playing, but it's dormant because they didn't put any evergreen rewards there.

I completely agree. And if 1 clamp per activity is too generous, make it a chance for a clamp, and put in a small amount of other Duviri resources as well to pad the drop table a little bit. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I think there should be another way to earn Clamps that encourages players to engage with the rest of Duviri.

My dream idea would be add a trader who appears after we beat the Orowyrm that will exchange our Decrees for resources with levels of rarity based on how leveled up and Rare the Decrees are. Common Resources would be just basic resources from Duviri, Uncommon Resource would be Enigma Gyrum, and Rare Resource would be Pathos Clamps. I think some sort of friendly Gruzzler would be funny.

Also something I noticed, but there kinda is an alternative grind for Pathos Clamp but it's expensive. You can technically grind Plat out and buy the Incarnon Packs, they come with 20 Pathos Clamps. But yeah, that can be pretty expensive depending how Trade Savvy or Plat Wealthy you are.

Posted (edited)

I feel like 4 steel path runs for enough pathos clamps for 3 incarnon adapters is pretty fair.
Or 2 normal runs for 1 adapter.

They're basically whole new weapons. Most other worth-while weapons in the game take a lot longer to farm than these (including the circuit grind on top of the clamps). And a hell of a lot of not very worthwhile ones too.

And the drifter weapons... well I googled which one was the best, Picked the answer I liked most, got that one, and haven't bothered with the others. I do think they're a bit on the expensive side tho for what they are and given they're competing for resources with incarnon adapters.

Compared to other grinds in the game... it's not even close to the absurd mark.

Edited by PollexMessier

10 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I completely agree. And if 1 clamp per activity is too generous, make it a chance for a clamp, and put in a small amount of other Duviri resources as well to pad the drop table a little bit. 

I would say one for every three activities isn't too big of an ask. It obviously takes longer, and we should also probably have them drop from Circuit as well, but it at least makes the grind feel like it's more distributed. 

The biggest sin of any grind in this game is just limiting it to a single activity. Citrine's farm feels awful as an example because it's literally just that gamemode and map over and over again. You don't even get a change of scenery.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everything about Duviri is too much, and it allows so much room for other players to screw you over so the best way to do it all is solo. Just had 3 people to leave circuit, and I decide that fine I would finish by myself. Nope it yanked me out after the host migration. 

Edited by TImidObserver