Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Prime when? Theory crafting?

TheLastFireWall

So, as we wait for wisp prime, I have started to think about potential builds I will be wanting to try and curious to see if anyone will also be experimenting with the helminth. Also, any guesses as to when wisp prime will come out? I know they said this summer, but we are thinking before or after the next update. I would assume they won't wait until tennocon? 4th of July maybe?

Back to the more important thing theory crafting:

I have four helminth builds I am going to try and curious for feedback on how the build should be made, if it even makes sense.

1) Shooting Gallery

2) Coil Horizon

3) Sentient Wrath

4) Tharros Strike or Terrify

Also, what archon shards should we use? I am thinking 1 casting speed and the rest are red for duration/power strength? 

My builds will be the exact same as my normal wisp builds, not even sure I'll keep the prime skin.

As for release, if they wait till Tenncon it'll leave only a tiny window for the other two primes and I doubt DE will do a three Prime Access year, hence it should be Julyish.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheLastFireWall said:

1) Shooting Gallery

2) Coil Horizon

3) Sentient Wrath

Shooting Gallery is CC, which Wisp already has. She also has invisibility and can tank, and SG isn't as good anymore since overguarded enemies are immune.

If you want grouping I'd suggest Larva (cheaper, more effective) or Ensnare.

Sentient Wrath is not a good ability. I tried it, but it just doesn't compare to other options.

Tharros Strike is a fine option, as Wisp is expected to have good power strength in the first place. Terrify is usually used on frames with damage abilities that don't have LoS, which doesn't apply to Wisp.

Have you considered Nourish? It's quite the effective damage buff, and massively improves energy economy given high ability strength. Especially if you use Archon Stretch.

Alternatively Xatas Whisper can be good with specific weapons.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

I'm predictably boring when it comes to my Wisp build, I just really like a lot of power strength. I don't care about efficiency, I dislike the shock mote, so negative range is a plus if I ever accidentally use it, plus I prefer team mates having the option to chose whether they take buffs (so less range and placing them somewhere out of the way, like high up on a ledge or spot people don't run over etc), don't care about duration. Can always place another. 

So everything about the build is about squeezing more power strength, no matter how trivial or minor. Helminth Empower, Parazon mod that gives power strength on Mercy etc I like seeing that stupid high health amount and absurd health regen. Oh and the speed can be nice on slow melee and turning a bunch of guns into being so fast firing, its actually suboptimal (again, don't worry, I don't leave my Motes in places that mess with other people builds, unless they also want to partake in the silliness). 

Very memey, and also, when I first started playing Wisp I was like... meh, memes, sure, big number is big, but I care way more about a serious and actually good build, thats effective in harder content. Then I got a Wisp Arbitration buff and Invigoration in the same week, and realised that if you go hard enough with more power strength, its actually pretty solid. Can be good for making Defence VIPs and team mates immortal. Like some source of Armor will very much help, big health on its own can be paper thin, but there are a lot of ways to get armour, Arcanes, and now even shards. Even more so if you pair up with a Citrine, their powers so very much compliment each other. 

Oh and after the next update, they have already confirmed this. I'd guess a July update. She'll still sort of be the Tennocon Prime Warframe, and since they is a peak of Warframe traffic and awareness and she is a pretty popular Warframe, for all intents and purposes, they'll like make big bank, off her erm well big bank. **tumbleweeds**. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh and after the next update, they have already confirmed this. I'd guess a July update. She'll still sort of be the Tennocon Prime Warframe, and since they is a peak of Warframe traffic and awareness and she is a pretty popular Warframe, for all intents and purposes, they'll like make big bank, off her erm well big bank. **tumbleweeds**. 

Baby's got bank.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Baby's got bank.

I can't deny. 

That when a Frame floats in with itty bitty range, and a round thing in your face, you get Spring!... Loaded Blade, no Primed Fury or Stretch needed, cause you noticed that Build was Stuffed. Deep Fashion frame interfering, a Scorpion hooked me, I can't stop caring, oh baby I forgot Primed Sure Footed, do I have Unairu? My homeboys tried to warn me, but that Wisp buff, that she had makes (me so forlornly). 

• Like 4

Most likely after 7 crimes of Kullervo. As for the helminth, i wouldn’t give a crap about using something else on her. I would be using the same stuff i use on normal Wisp, since there isn’t much that goes onto her kit

4 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Most likely after 7 crimes of Kullervo. As for the helminth, i wouldn’t give a crap about using something else on her. I would be using the same stuff i use on normal Wisp, since there isn’t much that goes onto her kit

The issue with this is that Wisp Prime is supposed to be after 7 crimes of Kullervo as you noted here, however, it's a common practice that new Primes come out after the 90-day mark. We're 88, which leads to the 14/15th of Wisp Prime coming out. 

So 7 Crimes of Kullervo will HAVE to be released sometime this week in order to keep to that, unless DE Delay the PA, but to be fair release dates isn't their strongsuit 

8 hours ago, TheLastFireWall said:

I'm too busy doing a new Build for Xaku and Wolf Mommy and my next frame to level and build craft will be the new WF, so Wisp Prime will likely take a backseat for a while. However, I already do have a set build in mind for her, as new Augments don't come out beforehand.

3 Umbra Mods and then just mods to increase Range/Effy and Adaption for Surv, also got her Augment for all her Motes in one. If I have enough shards, mostly will be Health/Power Strg.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

9 hours ago, TheLastFireWall said:

Also, any guesses as to when wisp prime will come out? I know they said this summer, but we are thinking before or after the next update. I would assume they won't wait until tennocon? 4th of July maybe?

Don't quote me on this, but my veteran instinct tells me it might drop tomorrow, since:

• We are now in the 90-day mark since the last prime release - so it's right on schedule (90 Days from March 15 (Hildryn Prime Release) is June 13 - tomorrow, right on the dot).
  • Prime releases tend to happen on Tuesdays, maybe Wednesdays exceptionally.

It might release, it might not. Anyhow I have my Syndicates filled, some medallions on the side, and enough Steel Essence to buy the 25 weekly Relic Packs from Teshin. And full void traces. Just in case.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93

On 2023-06-12 at 11:44 AM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Don't quote me on this, but my veteran instinct tells me it might drop tomorrow, since:

• We are now in the 90-day mark since the last prime release - so it's right on schedule (90 Days from March 15 (Hildryn Prime Release) is June 13 - tomorrow, right on the dot).
  • Prime releases tend to happen on Tuesdays, maybe Wednesdays exceptionally.

It might release, it might not. Anyhow I have my Syndicates filled, some medallions on the side, and enough Steel Essence to buy the 25 weekly Relic Packs from Teshin. And full void traces. Just in case.

So about that

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 1:29 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I can't deny. 

That when a Frame floats in with itty bitty range, and a round thing in your face, you get Spring!... Loaded Blade, no Primed Fury or Stretch needed, cause you noticed that Build was Stuffed. Deep Fashion frame interfering, a Scorpion hooked me, I can't stop caring, oh baby I forgot Primed Sure Footed, do I have Unairu? My homeboys tried to warn me, but that Wisp buff, that she had makes (me so forlornly). 

Finish the song....

Finish...the goodness....of the song

Waiting....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So about that

On 2023-06-12 at 10:44 AM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Don't quote me on this

it might drop

It might release, it might not.

Just in case.

It is what it is, and it's not like I lost anything. But if by any reason you feel mislead by my statement, to state the obvious, I do not have insider information on development or release dates, and my guesses shouldn't be taken as factual by anyone. You read what you wanted to read, and I wrote what I wrote.

I did remember that there's always an annoucement around a week prior to a prime's release, not about the prime itself, but about the vaulting of an older prime and retirement of the last prime's Prime Access. That would be a far better predictor of a prime's release than a random forum post, in my opinion.

Anyhow seeing how there's now a date for Kullervo, and I don't recall a new frame and a prime being released so close together, I'd wager July at the earliest, perhaps during Tennocon, or something along those lines. But disclaimer: I might be wrong in my assumption. Cheers n' out.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93

On 2023-06-11 at 8:52 PM, TheLastFireWall said:

So, as we wait for wisp prime, I have started to think about potential builds I will be wanting to try and curious to see if anyone will also be experimenting with the helminth. Also, any guesses as to when wisp prime will come out? I know they said this summer, but we are thinking before or after the next update. I would assume they won't wait until tennocon? 4th of July maybe?

I have four helminth builds I am going to try and curious for feedback on how the build should be made, if it even makes sense.

1) Shooting Gallery

2) Coil Horizon

3) Sentient Wrath

Also, what archon shards should we use? I am thinking 1 casting speed and the rest are red for duration/power strength? 

I put 5 blue shards on her, for armor.

Put on guardian and energize as well.

I dont think the extra health regen from more strength outweighs the tankiness youd get from more armor.

And im not aware of any compelling reason to care about more strength that much. It isnt like 300ish isnt enough.

As for helminth, ive tried different things and i think the best bet is roar. 

I consider archon stretch too good to pass up with her shock motes. 

Other then that theres multiple ways to build her that "make sense" imo. 

On 2023-06-11 at 6:52 PM, TheLastFireWall said:

1) Shooting Gallery

2) Coil Horizon

3) Sentient Wrath

Max STR with pillage is pretty much the way to go so you have strong motes and a large aoe armor strip for really high scaling content like SP circuit. 
You can also opt for Roar, Empower, or Eclipse.
Wisp prime isnt going to change anything for me personally aside from finally using umbral forma ive been holding onto for her.
I will do something that looks like this and most likely just use all STR shards:
You could also tweak it so you just have enough STR for pillage armor strip and move around the mods a bit.
I don't ever use PSF or Rolling Guard in my builds
image.png

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

As to abilities I will likely go with Nourish, Terrify or Silence, with a few runner up abilities like Eclipse or Whisper. And the reason is because I dont enjoy Wisp with too much strength, which is something neither Nourish, Terrify or Silence really needs. I just really dislike a way too fast speed mote and the health mote only needs to give me enough stats so the regen is reliable together with combat discipline, because she is more or less invisible 24/7 anyways when it comes to surviving, and if not enemies are likely blinded or irradiated.

Fairly sure Nourish will be my go to since Breach Surge already deals massive damage, so it would be nice with a viral debuff on anything that it can hit.