Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is the glass maker bugged or is how it is intentended to be?

stash777

Question

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, stash777 said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1889773587

is this what the developers intended?

Full transparency, I did not watch the whole thing - it's like an hour long it looks like, and unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to do so, apologies.

I'd recommend bullet jumping (I didn't see it being used even once, and it's the single best parkour your frame has in regards to immediately reaching velocity in a direction) and dodging attacks, Nihil has very telegraphed animations for his sword swings as well as his glass shooting. You should just be able to keep moving and/or jump for them to not hit you. The crystals that you pick up and shoot back are arched, so you may need to be a lot closer than you are to objects to hit them, especially if they're spinning and moving.

It's a bit confusing without context (i.e. who is this boss & what are these crystals and their lore), but the fight is perfectly doable if you just hit all the crystals / don't know the order (what I ended up doing tbh, I don't remember it from the initial NW event anymore); took me about 3 mins or so to finish yesterday with that method using Hildryn, but I've also done it prior so it might take a bit longer for someone still learning the mechanics.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Yes, that is working as intended. Glassmaker was an unfortunate Nightwave. So was the infested one. Nightwave kinda went downhill after the Wolf of Saturn 6.

The hitbox on Nihil's sword attacks is enormous, and I think he swings it off center to try to hit you when you jump away. Only the horizontal one can be avoided with a normal jump as well. As a result, you typically want to fling yourself off whatever platform he's currently targeting when he swings his sword by either bullet jumping or air rolling. Probably both.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Full transparency, I did not watch the whole thing - it's like an hour long it looks like, and unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to do so, apologies.

You don't have to, since the entire hour is just Nihil you can just watch the middle and the end and you'll get an idea on their entire playthrough.

Honestly, there were definitely some questionable "actions" they were doing that a guide is going to be half useful at best.

• Like 2

It is just as "fun" as I remember it, although I think they might have changed the pick-up mechanic of the crystals as I could have sworn it required a button press (X for me on controller) to pick up the crystals that you throw back at him.  I am sure that many people will not realize the need to destroy the floating crystals that he summons before you can throw them at him, to eventually kill him.  I know for a fact that the sword did not insta-kill you in the previous rendition of the Nihil fight so that seems to be something new as well.  My recommendation  for you or others having difficulty, is to throw on every Mod pertaining to Aim Glide increase as it will immensely increase your ability to stay afloat and allow you to reach the far off platforms that remain for you to stand upon.  It is not easy by any means, but having the ability to remain afloat is a significant help in the boss battle.  It is a long and tedious battle of which I  am not certain is worth the value of a simple Nihil Noggle.  Normally you would be rewarded with the glorious Vitrica Sword for your troubles which I think is the fanciest and most jewel encrusted weapon in the entire game!  I didn't watch the entire hour video so not sure if you completed the alert, so if not, I hope my advice helps you to overcome any obstacles that thwart you.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

On 2023-08-04 at 4:27 PM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I know for a fact that the sword did not insta-kill you in the previous rendition of the Nihil fight so that seems to be something new as well.

I thought I experiencing some kind of mandela effect, but after looking into it the one-shot both existed and didn't since the Nihil was release back in October 27, 2020 (10/27). As I was looking for video evidence, the ones I could find had one-shots dated after 10/27 and no one-shot on 10/27. I expanded my search even more and I found posts on the forums and reddit that implies the one-shot was there on 10/27. I'm skeptical to assume that DE made such a change within that day. All videos are timestamped to be seconds (maybe a minute) before the "one-shot".

Forums and Reddit

Spoiler

One-shot

Spoiler

No one-shot

Spoiler

Edited by NekroArts
mismatch dates

3 hours ago, NekroArts said:

I thought I experiencing some kind of mandela effect, but after looking into it the one-shot both existed and didn't since the Nihil was release back in October 27, 2020 (08/27). As I was looking for video evidence, the ones I could find had one-shots dated after 08/27 and no one-shot on 08/27. I expanded my search even more and I found posts on the forums and reddit that implies the one-shot was there on 08/27. I'm skeptical to assume that DE made such a change within that day. All videos are timestamped to be seconds (maybe a minute) before the "one-shot".

So not sure what you are saying exactly?  I am 99.9% positive about the ability to NOT be one-shot when I completed the challenge way back when it was first available.  I specifically had a build on my Hildryn for the Glassmaker boss fight which consisted of lots of shields to prevent being one-shot by his sword.  I could only survive one hit and anything more than that would kill me if my shields were not able to recharge before an additional wack from his sword.  I also made sure to throw on several Aim Glide Mods so I could reach the few remaining platforms.  I used the same Hildryn build this time and never survived a single hit from his sword which leads me to believe something has changed in this boss fight to not allow players to survive a direct hit from his sword. Although I didn't survive, maybe their is an individual who can attest to not being one-shot by his sword.  No matter if one-shot or not this fight was hardly worth a bobble-head of Nihil but I am a glutton for punishment and did it anyways.  I was dreading the next 2 Missions but they didn't seem to be as bad as Nihil, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for your video links and your digging around for evidence, even if I am not sure of your final thoughts.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Hello there. 

So I mean all the following with kindness and empathy. No negative judgement or anything like that, but the way you play the game and approach this encounter is really foreign to me. Also, I should add a disclaimer that maybe this has to do with the advantages of playing with a controller versus keyboard and mouse maybe? Also, the following is an assumption, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but were you frustrated when you started recording? 

To elaborate, what is a bit puzzling to me, is that you often don't really seem to observe the boss/Nihil. Like you don't seem to pay attention to his actions, and animations, which in turn, could also mean you aren't really learning or picking up on his behavioural patterns, which could mean you can't so easily predict, anticipate and then react to his actions. Which is a huge benefit in this encounter. Personally I consider it a skill, but its something that humans can often generally do subconsciously, however... its also something you can train and practice, depending on the context. 

Like if I had to give sincere advice, I would say, that ignoring everything else about the fight, and just keeping your camera and perspective on Nihil for like 5 minutes, and just observing him as you move around, would help you improve tremendously. Just observe and act evasively. No offence, no looking for crystals to break, just observation and pattern recognition. Thats why I think you are dying so often, you seem completely unaware of his attacks a lot of the time, as your focus seems split or concentrated elsewhere. Think about it a bit like orders of operation or priority. It is important to pick up crystals, but... staying alive is the highest priority. The first priority should be evading blows, so learning how to side roll/dash, or jump at the right time, or bullet jump etc 

Then once you have good timing, then you can initiate other secondary goals/orders, like offence. 

May also be a matter of mechanics and practice too, like you don't really seem to aim glide that often? You miss a lot of jumps/platforms because of this, and also die a lot because of this too. Sometimes you seem a bit panicked (which often happens if we are feeling frustrated), because you'll leave yourself open, by just not paying attention (at least as far as camera perspective) on Nihil) which leaves you completely vulnerable to his attacks. 

To put it another way, there isn't a limit on his crystal projectiles. If he throws one, but its not in a place thats convenient for you, you can ignore it, focus on him, wait 2 seconds, and then be better prepared for his next projectile, do a jump, and be far closer to it. As opposed to turning your back, rushing and running to a different platform, just to get a crystal as it expires, only to get hit by a new one, which slows you, and then being hit by his sword. 

Its a bit like that saying, "go slow, to go fast", observe well, don't overextend or rush around blindly, be proactive and to create opportunities. (You can bait where he will throw such projectiles and simply double jump to avoid them then move back and collect them all whilst focusing on where he is and what he might do next), and once you have the basics down well, you can then start to do it faster and it will feel way more chill and easy too (generally speaking). 

Sorry for the wall of text, also, again, I empathise, not all peoples pattern recognition skills or reflexes are the same, so I am not trying to diminish anyones difficulties with the fight. However I hope some of my observations may help. In summary? I would say try to observe more, just learn, practice your movement tech (looking at Nihil whilst moving parallel and bullet jumping to the side, learning how to glance at him frequently without becoming disorientated, practicing your aim gliding is another huge one. One Warframe technique, is that you can bullet jump, aim glide and then jump. Lets you get bigger distance faster. Oh and you can/should be able to slide into the ground to avoid heavy landings too. Try practice that if you can, until its second nature. 

Anyway, the fight isn't bugged. I can upload one of my runs if you think that might help. I don't consider myself that skilled, my reactions are a bit meh, but I have practiced the fight, and I have decent pattern recognition, so can get through the whole thing pretty fast, without getting hit at all. Barring certain limitations an individual may have, I think most people could improve a fair bit with just observing and then implementing strategy around said observations. 

In any case good luck, and I am impressed with your resilience to keep trying. 

• Like 2

This is like a cry baby post if I ever saw one.  

You were playing like garbage on purpose it looks like.   No double jumps,  no bullet jumps, no gliding.   No looking at the guy who can kill you instantly,   no movement...alot of just standing around waiting for something to happen.   

-------

I faught this guy in NW and I probably did it when his Decoration came out...   but it still took me 3 trys to get past the Ten-0 phase lol.   He did seem a little harder/glitchier then what I remembered...   Like that starting platform disappearing = bug.   Him shooting glass at you as soon as you spawn on the platform = probable bug.   Everything else = crappy DE Boss fight normalcy.    They loved the platformy gimmick of falling into holes so much they brought it back for Angels.... thanx Nihil.....you #$%&.  

Edited by (PSN)AbBaNdOn_

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1889949369

it took an additional  3 hours to complete this...

it wasn't a lack of understanding, I watched 5 videos on youtube and understood what they wanted.

bullet jumping was the first try unfortunately that skill was disabled at various times of the game....

the response time between hitting keys and and jumping or dodging varied throughout...

his vertical strikes were an issue if I stayed still he hit me if I moved right he hit me you will also see (if you watch long enough) I would die on platforms he didn't hit.

you missed the first 1 hour my game play.... I would be hitting keys 3-4x to jump without jumping

I compared how many times he spit ammo at me with youtube videos on he would spite  4-5 time in a row for those players...if he did that for me I also had success.

At one point he stuck 7 times with 0 ammo..

This isn't the only mission you have unwinnable situations...when playing solo you often have survival missions without enough life being dropped from enemies or stand to complete mission

on excavation missions in Duviri SP solo arcane farming runs no power dropped and excavators blowing up with no visible enemies.

Are these bugs or things programmed into the game? I get what the OG call Easter egg pop-up boxes like the one in the video. showing the game being altered by someone....developer or timed "fix" to give you back normal control? My friend speculated that I don't buy enough things and these timed "bugs" are programmed into the game...for example spend $100 100 percent control $75 75 percent... etc.... we understand it is a free game you the company needs to make money but come on really?

9 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

You were playing like garbage on purpose it looks like.   No double jumps,  no bullet jumps, no gliding.   No looking at the guy who can kill you instantly,   no movement...alot of just standing around waiting for something to happen.   

A bit harsh, but pretty much this. Revenant is also not the best in movement unless you add some mobility mods. Maybe Revenant players are so used to being invulnerable that they forget to engage with whatever is going on.

30 minutes ago, stash777 said:

it wasn't a lack of understanding, I watched 5 videos on youtube and understood what they wanted.

bullet jumping was the first try unfortunately that skill was disabled at various times of the game....

the response time between hitting keys and and jumping or dodging varied throughout...

I'm not aware of anyone else having this issue with this fight (as in, having their controls randomly disabled), and many posts here detailed what you were / weren't doing optimally. I can understand not liking or enjoying the fight, or it having some random glitches (like platforms visually not appearing), but it is not difficult on a technical level. If you're having response time issues or input delays that seems like a config issue - however, you may also just be getting hit by the glass during the fight and parkour gets "disabled" because you're frozen in place, which of course the solution is to use parkour to avoid it based on his telegraphed attacks.

35 minutes ago, stash777 said:

This isn't the only mission you have unwinnable situations...when playing solo you often have survival missions without enough life being dropped from enemies or stand to complete mission

on excavation missions in Duviri SP solo arcane farming runs no power dropped and excavators blowing up with no visible enemies.

I'll give you the excavation one cause on solo the power cell drop rate is abysmal sometimes, but it's not "unwinnable", only annoying to deal with. I've never had any solo mission I've done (for all game modes) that felt "unwinnable", just some are more catered towards squads than others (which makes sense in an online PvE game, encouraging you play with others).

37 minutes ago, stash777 said:

I get what the OG call Easter egg pop-up boxes like the one in the video. showing the game being altered by someone....developer or timed "fix" to give you back normal control?

If you're referring to the loading screen one, that is just an easter egg for a quest; it's not a "developer", it's quite literally the somatic link protocol (without getting too spoiler heavy, what ties everything together with your Warframes). It's purely visual and was meant to be a sort of teaser, they've just left it in the game because it's related to lore and still relevant.

40 minutes ago, stash777 said:

My friend speculated that I don't buy enough things and these timed "bugs" are programmed into the game...for example spend $100 100 percent control $75 75 percent... etc.... we understand it is a free game you the company needs to make money but come on really?

Quite bluntly - your friend seems paranoid then, developers are not intentionally making more work for themselves, there are no "timed bugs" programmed into the game. It's not an analog horror game, where this kind of thing might be intentionally done.

35 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

A bit harsh, but pretty much this. Revenant is also not the best in movement unless you add some mobility mods. Maybe Revenant players are so used to being invulnerable that they forget to engage with whatever is going on.

Since he can tank at any level while standing still, you’re not wrong.

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

I'm not aware of anyone else having this issue with this fight (as in, having their controls randomly disabled)

I had this problem - but it was throwing the glass, not movement. I tried alt-fire to chuck the glass at the crystals and nothing happened, and I tried LMB and nothing happened. which was confusing as you don't know if you're using the right keys or if its bugged or even if i was carrying the glass bombs, or if they had expired on me.

Failing the mission and retrying it seemed to reset things so it worked better. Even the starting platform appeared before going back to invisible! There are bugs in this fight for sure.

8 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

I had this problem - but it was throwing the glass, not movement. I tried alt-fire to chuck the glass at the crystals and nothing happened, and I tried LMB and nothing happened. which was confusing as you don't know if you're using the right keys or if its bugged or even if i was carrying the glass bombs, or if they had expired on me.

Failing the mission and retrying it seemed to reset things so it worked better. Even the starting platform appeared before going back to invisible! There are bugs in this fight for sure.

I have this issue on occasion, it seems to be an issue when you fall repeatedly too quickly. This didn't happen on this fight but I have had the issue of controls stopped responding even dying doesn't fix it. It really sucks when you are doing longer missions. Either it fixes its self or you have to abandon the mission, no rhyme or reason.

It also happens if you switch operator too fast but again its such an intermittent issue i wouldn't even know where to begin.