Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Squad full pickup loot

TotalEnigma85

Why do we still have to track back to pick up loot that our squad mates found 200m away from us ?

what they find we get as well without having to run for it (except heal/mana orbs and ammo obviously )

same goes with scanning  fishing mining etc

boosters  would work  separate meaning - if player with NO booster picked up 100 credits he gets 100 credits but player with Booster in team gets Bonus , 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

what they find we get as well without having to run for it (except heal/mana orbs and ammo obviously )

Just sayin', this would heavily encourage leeches (who do just enough to not trigger AFK detection).

2 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

Why do we still have to track back to pick up loot that our squad mates found 200m away from us ?

TBH, the rare occasions when someone marks a rare drop, I really don't mind having to dash over there,
also it not least helps make your Squad feel like more than just random mindless bots you've been saddled with.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

The code for this does exist in Railjack. But I'm pretty sure they didn't WANT to put it in, otherwise they would have moved it to the other game modes too

• Like 1

Aside from encouraging leeching, something that's already an issue, it's also not actually that useful to regular players.

Most missions are too short/small for there to be the time/room for backtracking to be a problem. Endless only has any potential backtracking if you're dealing with hallway heroes but even then their drops will be located within one room and restricted by the split enemy spawns. And all dropped resources lose value to players over time anyways thus all potential issues eventually disappear entirely.

Meanwhile it's only a feature in Railjack because it'd be outright impossible for all players to even have a chance to get most drops and the mode is designed for players to split up. And Syndicate Medallions have it likely because they're already an unpopular mission type and involves the most potential backtracking of anything in the game should a squad be looking for all Medallions.

So it'd really just be a mild convenience to new/early players at best and another system that encourages even more leeching at worse.

Edited by trst

nothing wrong with leechers , im pretty sure there ware instances where other player rushed mission like extermination so fast ( faster then you ) that all you had to do is run to extraction point , happened to me many times and fine il take it

i was many times waiting afk because i got bored from constant repetition and other did same so i have no problems with that and this should never be a  problem to see by anybody

Bots on other hand are different , truth is that you will never ever win vs them , and more thing you do to counter that  will lead to hurting the fair players 

simple example- lets say that this idea that i proposed was from day 1 but game has plenty of afk  bots, so what DE does ? makes a system that we have now , so what the people that make bots do ? they program them to follow players/paths to get to loot .

this made them harder to find by any player because all you see is some other random player (bot) that plays "fair"

other example is autoloot pickup- what if they made loot pickup only when you look at item and press E to counter bots ? it would suck

main point is Sacrificing the  majority for sake of minority is not good , and i believe that majority of player base are not bots

Picking up medallions is already squad wide. The game already has certain squad wide pickup. DE wants to encourage team play. Not an afk simulator. As a note, 200m isn't that far away. That's like 5 seoncds of travel time. 2 minutes at most by walking. Regular missions dosnt' have open world maps. It's not that far by warframe standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

nothing wrong with leechers , im pretty sure there ware instances where other player rushed mission like extermination so fast ( faster then you ) that all you had to do is run to extraction point , happened to me many times and fine il take it

i was many times waiting afk because i got bored from constant repetition and other did same so i have no problems with that and this should never be a  problem to see by anybody

Bots on other hand are different , truth is that you will never ever win vs them , and more thing you do to counter that  will lead to hurting the fair players 

simple example- lets say that this idea that i proposed was from day 1 but game has plenty of afk  bots, so what DE does ? makes a system that we have now , so what the people that make bots do ? they program them to follow players/paths to get to loot .

this made them harder to find by any player because all you see is some other random player (bot) that plays "fair"

other example is autoloot pickup- what if they made loot pickup only when you look at item and press E to counter bots ? it would suck

main point is Sacrificing the  majority for sake of minority is not good , and i believe that majority of player base are not bots

If you're not playing the mission, or at least aren't even trying to, then you don't deserve the drops. That's literally everything wrong with leeching.

If someone rushes the mission ahead of everyone else then they aren't interested in what the enemies they ignored are dropping.

And bots aren't a thing in this game. Players using macros to automate the game is but they're not there farming enemy drops. While squad pickups would just incentivize their style of "antiplay" even more.

No majority is being sacrificed by not introducing a feature. But you would have more players having to carry leechers by introducing such a feature.

3 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

I understand where you are coming from.

From another player's perspective, another guy leeching is not big deal as it doesn't affect me.

I can carry the mission myself, I'm gonna get the reward either way.

So it doesn't hurt me if someone else tags along.

But Another Player's Perspective is Not why Leeching and AFK is a problem

It's actually a problem for DE, The Company.

You see, Warframe is a 'free to play, pay to reduce grind' game. AFKing and Leeching are ways for a player to bypass Grind, without Paying.

-you said yourself, that 'boredom' and 'repetition' have motivated you to AFK at times.

Well DE would instead like those feelings to motivate you to Buy a Booster, or a Prime Access Pack.

7 hours ago, Pakaku said:

A better question: why are you so far away from your squad?

If two members of your squad decide to go in different directions, there's nothing you can do to be with both of them at once.  In my experience this happens frequently enough that a feature like this would be welcome.

Beyond that, it's just a nice feature.  I personally have really enjoyed how Duviri allows squad members to all go do their own thing and yet share in the side-quest farm; it's been a really chill way to enjoy the game where all players are rewarded for every individual player's activities.  And when your squad ends up playing together in the same spot, it feels nice because they're doing it not because they need to, but because they chose to.

• Like 1

Your occasional reminder that negative behavior like leeching only exists because modern game devs/publishers are unwilling to hand out account actions for it. Some corporate bean counter realized that if you just leave those players in the player pool, it won't cause many (if any) other players to leave the game and/or stop spending money. I could literally write an entire thesis paper on the whats/whys/hows/etc of this, but for the sake of not ending this thread I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb TotalEnigma85:

boosters  would work  separate meaning - if player with NO booster picked up 100 credits he gets 100 credits but player with Booster in team gets Bonus , 

I don't know, maybe this is a team game and you can learn to stay together? Why are you 200 m away from your squad mates? How will you help them when they are dieing?

37 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I don't know, maybe this is a team game and you can learn to stay together? Why are you 200 m away from your squad mates?

Plenty mission types make splitting up the "optimal" choice, like Spy, hunting Sabotage etc Caches, Excavation, Disruption, ...

Also, you're kinda implying the person complaining is the one who played "wrong" here,
when there's plenty times where one random player goes and does their own thing (like searching for Argon in the Void),
while the rest do the actual mission and may in fact already be waiting at Extraction.

In situations like that, I can see how it's annoying that this one player got more rewards than the rest, for the same time spent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

That would be a good idea, hence it won't be implemented.

The absolute headless chicken meta will remain.

EDIT:  Of course, hadn't considered leeching, idea doesn't look as hot now.  Guess reactant chaos continues.

I'd be happy if reactant would at least show up when it's outside the current room.

Reactant in a random closet?  You know, the only reason we're doing this mission?  We're gonna keep that a secret.
That random cyan star that can appear in literally any mission?  You know we're gonna pester you about that 10 rooms away.

Speaking of reactant. For non-endless mission types, DE needs to make collecting reactant be classified as a primary objective, so that extract cannot even happen until everyone has their reactant. It's extremely common for people to hit the extract and screw other members of the squad over. It's also absolutely intentional, because you can literally see how much your teammates have collected. There's no excuse for sitting on the extract if your team hasn't finished obtaining reactant yet.

For endless modes, things can just stay as they are, though. Endless modes can't be speedrun like that, so it's not really possible to screw over squadmates (other than running off 100m+ away or something).

26 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Speaking of reactant. For non-endless mission types, DE needs to make collecting reactant be classified as a primary objective, so that extract cannot even happen until everyone has their reactant. It's extremely common for people to hit the extract and screw other members of the squad over. It's also absolutely intentional, because you can literally see how much your teammates have collected. There's no excuse for sitting on the extract if your team hasn't finished obtaining reactant yet.

For endless modes, things can just stay as they are, though. Endless modes can't be speedrun like that, so it's not really possible to screw over squadmates (other than running off 100m+ away or something).

I would like to agree with you, but unfortunately in the past week alone I've encountered multiple instances of people loading into fissures, and then immediately going AFK.  These were exterminate missions, so people got the first reactant in the first room with enemies, and were generally open by the 5th room at worst.  These people couldn't even be bothered to do that much, and I'd rather not have missions be held hostage by such people.  For a long time I've maintained that opening the relic should be the actual objective, not some weird side objective.  Sort of how void keys were.  You go in, do the objective, get something from your relic.  The big difference is that we keep the current "one relic = one reward" instead of the old "one key = possibly many rewards for endless missions"

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's also absolutely intentional, because you can literally see how much your teammates have collected.
There's no excuse for sitting on the extract if your team hasn't finished obtaining reactant yet.

To be fair, it can easily enough happen, with no malice intended, that you overlook someone lacking Reactant,
especially when running a bunch of Fissures in a row (maybe while furthermore distracted by a podcast etc) and it all blending together.

How does it go? "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice" :D

16 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I'd be happy if reactant would at least show up when it's outside the current room.

Reactant in a random closet?  You know, the only reason we're doing this mission?  We're gonna keep that a secret.
That random cyan star that can appear in literally any mission?  You know we're gonna pester you about that 10 rooms away.

How about Sentient Cores, the things that you can easily get dozens of from just leasurely wandering the Plains at night,
those have an apparently infinite auto-marking range, while yeah, it boggles the mind how Reactant is treated as so much less valuable.

It's already how it works in Railjack and with medallions in the Zariman, so no reason it can't be added everywhere else too. Imagine never needing to backtrack or scrounge for reactant, never losing loot because the squad split up in modes like Survival, better performance from less crap being replicated and less need for drops to be despawned and lost like they are now, getting a cut whenever someone goes off to fish or mine in a mission. And people don't want that just to spite the 1% of times where someone is leeching? I'd much rather get more and have a more convenient and cooperative experience the other 99% of the time.