Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I didn’t think anything was wrong with the pack tbh. Considering the 25 dollar skins of diablo4 these are much better. But I understand the backlash since kids can’t buy much in this economy.

I already bought the zenith pack when it came out so I’m happy for the extra platinum ty DE keep up the good work.

Love all the devs that work in DE and your work!

Some people can call me shill but DE is a name I feel like I can trust. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkbring said:

Bud, you are retarded. Go get some help.

Nah you're mentally ill. Get some help. Again, if you can't afford it there's plenty of alternatives. Don't be mad that you can't afford it. It's optional.

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

Do you not understand what the issue here ? do you really not get it ? IT IS NOT ABOUT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT, IT IS ABOUT BEING A BAD AND PREDATORY DEAL

Only predatory if you think it's predatory. It's an OPTIONAL purchase. Why gate keep people who wants to support there favorite devs and wanting some unique cosmetics?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think they have any reason to apologize. The next heirloom pack they'll probably break down a little better, possibly letting us purchasing them with Regal Aya. 

Oh no, they have plenty to apologize for

PLETNY.

45 minutes ago, Haleks said:

56 pages later, close to 1500 posts of outrage, and still no proper solution to this debacle.

Despicable.

43 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Not to mention, 1.1k posts and 46 pages in the original thread and still no ACTUAL fix

Indeed

1 hour ago, Reynard_Fox said:

Imagine being so spoiled, so lacking in principles that you actually try to use 'you're just upset you can't afford it, get over it' as a defense against complaints about such an overt rip-off.

Being able to afford the bundle is not the goddamn issue, and if you had any standards you'd be able to see that.

Nah I'm not spoiled and you're the one that's lacking principles. Why not leave as be? Why can't people support there favorite devs? Why are you mad that people are purchasing this to support devs or just want unique new cosmetics? Don't be a gatekeeper. If you don't want to buy or can't afford it that's it.

2 hours ago, Darkbring said:

Bud, you are retarded. Go get some help.

The best thing about this thread is that because the Heirloom collection is such a hot controversial topic, moderators do not dare to moderate, nor lock this topic, which is hilarious, because the amount of insults in here would not be tolerated otherwise for more than 5 minutes.

I feel like we went back 10 years into the good old days of internet, where nobody was emotionally weak and we could insult each other in COD: MW1 lobby all day long.

Ah.. that was the time...

Edited by Cerikus
typo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dragsolais said:

I didn’t think anything was wrong with the pack tbh. Considering the 25 dollar skins of diablo4 these are much better.

Yeah and getting a baseball bat to the knee is a lot better than getting your fingers cut off.

The game industry is in a deplorable state - that's not an excuse for DE to engage in the same practices. One of the reasons we've loved DE and stuck with them despite their often ... questionable ... design decisions is because they have the most fair model of a game out there.

• Like 10

I don’t understand any of you who cry like a baby. they are just selling skins… SKINS FFS nothing else you don’t have to buy it. Since you can earn plat in game you literally don’t have to pay anything to get all those skins… at least pay a little to support DE a company doesnt get money when you play their game like everything in the real world IT RUNS ON MONEY the devs have families they have to feed.

Diablo is predatory, Overwatch 2 is predatory.

DEmaking two limited time skins WOOOOW such a bad company.

I don't understand how anyone can say Fomo is good or justified because you have 4 months to buy when in reality it punished new players more than anyone else, think about all the future frost/mag mains who'll start the game in the following year and won't get these skins because a company felt the sudden urge to be greedy, think of all the people who didn't even HEAR about warframe in 2013 who'd have gladly bought the founders pack 

• Like 5

il y a 12 minutes, Dragsolais a dit :

I don’t understand any of you who cry like a baby. they are just selling skins… SKINS FFS nothing else you don’t have to buy it. Since you can earn plat in game you literally don’t have to pay anything to get all those skins… at least pay a little to support DE a company doesnt get money when you play their game like everything in the real world IT RUNS ON MONEY the devs have families they have to feed.

Diablo is predatory, Overwatch 2 is predatory.

DEmaking two limited time skins WOOOOW such a bad company.

You apply your personnal vision to all the community, that's great for you, you farm your thing and trade it for platinum, now that platinum hasn't magically appeared, it has to be bought by someone, the platinum you start with(if that is still a thing) cannot be traded which means that every single plats that is traded and tradeable costed someone real money.

A company gets money from its communities, communities that need people to stay active and investing money so by playing even if you don't pay you keep the community alive, now not 100% of a community will spent real money but the larger the community, the higher the potential buyer. And the point you have risen doesn't apply here, Warframe is a successful game that makes a profit, they have multiple way to earn money beside the heirloom bundle, it's not like they were on life support moneywise all these past years.

Releasing this to celebrate 10 years of warframe is like a big slap on the face, excluding most of the players regardless of the time they contributed to the games.

We cry not because of them making two limited skins, but because the timing the pricing and the practice is not what we love Warframe for.

Edited by FireOox314
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Again, if you can't afford it you don't have to be mad about it. If people want to support the game devs or simply want to buy unique cosmetics don't be a gatekeeper. Not everyone is as broke and as stupid as you.

I can afford the pack several times over, it was handled horribly. Its not about being "broke", try to keep up.

Edited by TheVirtualShadow
  • Like 17

2 minutes ago, TheVirtualShadow said:

I can afford the pack several times over, it was handled horribly. Its not about being "broke", try to keep up.

If they can't accuse you for only not liking it because you can't afford it, they'll just say 'devs need to make money you're selfish' (they say about a 10 year old game that has obviously not needed to do these kinds of practices to make money and stay profitable). 

If they can't do that, they'll say 'it's not that bad other companies do it all the time' (like that's somehow a justification for bad practices, how well the gaming industry has trained people to accept the deplorable as standard).

It's the same lame arguments every time. 

• Like 24

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

'devs need to make money you're selfish' (they say about a 10 year old game that has obviously not needed to do these kinds of practices to make money and stay profitable). 

How is this even an argument when they just donated 200k dollars 💀

• Like 13

Just now, ShogunGunshow said:

If they can't accuse you for only not liking it because you can't afford it, they'll just say 'devs need to make money you're selfish' (they say about a 10 year old game that has obviously not needed to do these kinds of practices to make money and stay profitable). 

If they can't do that, they'll say 'it's not that bad other companies do it all the time' (like that's somehow a justification for bad practices, how well the gaming industry has trained people to accept the deplorable as standard).

Oh yeah i agree, i've seen the stupid argument around. It's eye rolling.

I just want the devs/higher ups to stop and learn from this for once instead of eventually repeating it. This has not been the first problem related to monetary practices being closer to triple aaa #*!%ery and i would prefer them to do more fair options.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

"Don't ask questions, just consume product and get excited for next product."

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

You got mental issues and it's showing how insecure you are. I have poor reading comprehension? Guess what? You have zero. Again, why do you have to attack people who just wants to support there favorite devs or just want to buy unique cosmetics? Are you so insecure you don't get to have the cosmetics? Then don't that's it. It's an OPTIONAL purchase. If you don't want it or can't afford it then you're good end of story. You're the toxic sludge that needs to be expelled from Warframe. Perhaps cleansed if it's still possible.

Why are you still in the internet then?

Again, why do you have to attack people who just wants to support there favorite devs or just want to buy unique cosmetics? Are you so insecure you don't get to have the cosmetics? Then don't that's it. It's an OPTIONAL purchase. If you don't want it or can't afford it then you're good end of story. You're the toxic sludge that needs to be expelled from Warframe. Perhaps cleansed if it's still possible.

Your insulting peoples mental health and calling others toxic sludge to be "cleansed"
How are you even still allowed here.

also cope 

• Like 14

Just now, TheVirtualShadow said:

Oh yeah i agree, i've seen the stupid argument around. It's eye rolling.

I just want the devs/higher ups to stop and learn from this for once instead of eventually repeating it. This has not been the first problem related to monetary practices being closer to triple aaa #*!%ery and i would prefer them to do more fair options.

They're following the model other companies have done - keep trying to push the envelope of what's acceptable in the community, pull back when there's backlash, but not to zero. Then after some time start pushing again, and shift the overton window of what's acceptable monetization more and more. 

• Like 18

I think users should simply decide on their own if they want or not to support any of the tiers available and voice their concerns about the bundles, let's not devolve this into harassing users that buy the bundles or calling users poor/broke if they don't buy, stick to your own game and respect other players, let users have their own fun, with or without the skins.

• Like 5

Looking at people defending these bundle prices is just telling that bad developers llike bungie, EA and blizzard have conditioned so many people into accepting mediocrity and outright garbage for outreighous prices with no questions asked.

COSMETICS should not cost the same as a full price game + DLC, doesn't matter the context.

Edited by TheOfficialLP
  • Like 29

6 minutes ago, TheOfficialLP said:

Looking at people defending these bundle prices is just telling that bad developers llike bungie, EA and blizzard have conditioned so many people into accepting mediocrity and outright garbage for outreighous prices with no questions asked.

COSMETICS should not cost the same as a fully priced game + DLC, doesn't matter the context.

I agree yet there are people who buy the most expensive Prime Access pack in the first second it gets released. I know it's not related but still that's incredibly expensive, and it also has filler content like platinum and the 90 day boosters. Also you can say that the prime access is also FOMO because once it changes you wont be able to get the prime accessories/glyphs until, some day, in the far future, they get added to the prime resurgence, which is also time gated and there's the regal aya problem on top of that.

• Like 4