Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

@PublikDomain So I was only able to watch the last 30 mins or so of the Devstream was there ANY mention of the Heirloom Debacle or was it forever silenced with a wave of Rebecca's hand dismissing all further discussions during the Devstream and in the future?  Did they delete any comments in the Chat during the Devstream that mentioned the Heirloom Debacle like they did during the Primetime Live Stream recently?  I am curious to the lengths DE will go to silence the opposition to the Heirloom Pricing Scandal and want to make sure I didn't miss any good dirt! 

For me personally, the biggest issue is the 10 Year Support Accolade and am deeply offended with DE's interpretation of the concept of "Support" that only applies to customers that purchase this ONE TIME OVERPRICED COSMETIC PACK.  It's a load of Kuaka Krap being thrown in every players face that has played and purchased things with CASH for many years only to be cast out into the Void and labeled as Non-Supporters because this ONE Time we can't or don't want to purchase this Heirloom Pack for whatever reason!  I don't care about the price they want to charge for their cosmetics because DE made it so they can charge whatever they want and if cost too much or simply ugly, than I simply won't buy it. Simple.  But to FOREVER brandish every player that does not purchase this item this ONE time with a scarlet letter N (for Non-supporter) , this is extremely disrespectful to all players that have invested an enormous amount of time and financial support for Warframe over the past 10 years!   So everyone that does not buy this ONE TIME PACK is chopped liver? 

I am disgusted with DE for making a true mockery of all the players that have quite literally put their kid's through college with the money spent on this game only to be told it means NOTHING unless you buy ONLY THIS ONE PACK THIS ONE TIME!  No Rebecca you have NOT learned to value the many players who have PAID CASH for many years so that you could keep the lights on and continue making Warframe into a game we are were proud to support! 

Do better NOW not Next time!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

So change it.

So change it.

But not this year?

So change it.

Right, but not this year.

So address them.

So change it.

Fix one thing, sure, but not any of the other things?

By excluding everyone that will join our community from 2024 and onward, or couldn't afford to "celebrate" by giving you $70+. How fair.

Expected, disappointing. All that "we know we screwed up" but you don't want to do anything about it? You know you can fix it, right? Nah, just lock it in forever and talk about gummy worms.

Vote with your wallets.

6fakqD1.png

fixing it next year isnt fixing it!!!  What if you dont want next years pack?   The people who love mag and frost just get screwed?   That's so dumb.  Just fix it now.  Change it now.  Heres the fix.  Release the skins alone with nothing else in a single pack.  No 10 year flare, no currency, no color pack.  Nothing.  Just the skins.  That way the whales can maintain their prestige and the rest of us get to enjoy the skins.

Edited by Anmorata_Armitage
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

@PublikDomain So I was only able to watch the last 30 mins or so of the Devstream was there ANY mention of the Heirloom Debacle or was it forever silenced with a wave of Rebecca's hand dismissing all further discussions during the Devstream and in the future?  Did they delete any comments in the Chat during the Devstream that mentioned the Heirloom Debacle like they did during the Primetime Live Stream recently?  I am curious to the lengths DE will go to silence the opposition to the Heirloom Pricing Scandal and want to make sure I didn't miss any good dirt! 

Yes 17:59 on the dev stream

And yes multiple people got there comments deleted in the chat for wanting change to the pack 

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
Typo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, DeadS1lence said:

Honestly, that felt more like an "we mentioned it now hush"-statement. Very disappointing they didn't dived deeper into the concerns stated in this thread especially with fomo and the accolade situation.

ya they didn't really address the issues in any detail and that other dev just pushed the topic to something else.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Anmorata_Armitage said:

ya they didn't really address the issues in any detail and that other dev just pushed the topic to something else.

Ya after the mention of fomo Steve just immediately hooked the topic to somthing else like they think we're baby and they jingle some keys over to the side and we'll forget about all the bad stuff they did 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes, timestamp is 17:59 or so.

Thanks, YOU ROCK! 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Nothing that I could see Nothing mentioning the herloom packs 

And yes multiple people got there comments deleted in the chat for wanting change to the pack 

See the timestamp above as Rebecca did mention the Heirloom Packs specifically but yes it was glossed over basically with an Oopsie and a moving on to less inflammatory topics...

It is deplorable to silence those that have a difference of opinion about the Heirloom Pack pricing structure, value, and or contents and it only diminishes the respect that players have or had for DE as a developer.  It's extremely disingenuous to the players to keep saying they "learned a lesson" but then commit to "next time" we will do better but keep making the same mistakes!  How many times/mistakes does it take before DE actually learns a lesson?  Take the broken record of the turntable already! You have no more "time-outs" to use after 10 years!

DO BETTER NOW, NOT NEXT TIME!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Thanks, YOU ROCK! 

See the timestamp above as Rebecca did mention the Heirloom Packs specifically but yes it was glossed over basically with an Oopsie and a moving on to less inflammatory topics...

It is deplorable to silence those that have a difference of opinion about the Heirloom Pack pricing structure, value, and or contents and it only diminishes the respect that players have or had for DE as a developer.  It's extremely disingenuous to the players to keep saying they "learned a lesson" but then commit to "next time" we will do better but keep making the same mistakes!  How many times/mistakes does it take before DE actually learns a lesson?  Take the broken record of the turntable already! You have no more "time-outs" to use after 10 years!

DO BETTER NOW, NOT NEXT TIME!

1st part sorry bout that I fixed the part were I sead no because I remembered they did mention it they just gave so crap of a response I must have forgotten about it 

2nd part I know they've done this iv learned a lesson well fix it next time act so many times its just laf able at this point 

Edit 3rd part then they moved onto teno vip and other things that most likely cost money to do or go to 

Edit

Wow, so nothing will be changed? I was thinking of waiting for this to go on sale then buy it if it does but if they are silencing feedback and for now I am going to assume not even many people brought it up, at all, so it makes me DESPISE the pack instead of plainly just not buying it at all. I'll be watching the game not for the lore as well, but the upcoming items and see if any type of FOMO reaches the game and hope there isn't one that affects gameplays.

Star Ocean: The Second Story R sure is looking better right now, just gotta wait for it to release and wait for it to be ironed out.

Oh, and they also censor comments in YT. Not sure if it's just me, but your posted comments won't appear and can get deleted. Screw that.

• Like 4

Gotta be honest, this entire discourse, and the constant reminder of the skin pack on the in game market, just makes me feel gross. I had taken a break form the game due to burnout for several months. When I got back for duviri, I had a blast getting caught up.
This years Tennocon was also freaking amazing, probably one of the best ones so far. I was super excited after it was over, until I saw the whole hierloom fiasco.

I'm telling ya guys, I think I need another break...
I can barely muster the strength to farm for the weekly archon shard. I even skipped a few weeks and haven't touched anything else in game. I'm just not enjoying Warframe with this whole thing clouding my mind whenever I play.

The way the devstream tossed it under the rug also left a bad taste in my mouth. Having a difficult time getting excited for the new update. Man... this is one of my favorite games, feeling this way about it sucks. Feel so hollow towards warframe at the moment. Really hope the yearly heirloom skins won't worsen this feeling.

Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Like 20

I'm really disappointed that nothing can be done now to introduce a more accessibly priced pack for people who don't want to spend $100+/- on the skins, and while I can be happy with the current packs value, and it would be the one I would buy, it really doesn't sit well with me so I still haven't purchased it. Let alone the fact that there is a predatory trap with the amount of regal aya you get vs how much it costs to get the best value out of your regal aya, needing to purchase more than you need to complete the purchase for best value of spent regal aya. I believe you when you say that you will do better next year, but it is really disappointing and disheartening if nothing more can be done this year, especially if we don't know what's going to happen with it. I understand the FOMO situation is hard to deal with because of how and what was presented to us when it was, but I feel like the other two issues mentioned above could still be fairly addressed.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I'm really disappointed that nothing can be done now to introduce a more accessibly priced pack for people who don't want to spend $100+/- on the skins, and while I can be happy with the current packs value, and it would be the one I would buy, it really doesn't sit well with me so I still haven't purchased it. Let alone the fact that there is a predatory trap with the amount of regal aya you get vs how much it costs to get the best value out of your regal aya, needing to purchase more than you need to complete the purchase for best value of spent regal aya. I believe you when you say that you will do better next year, but it is really disappointing and disheartening if nothing more can be done this year, especially if we don't know what's going to happen with it. I understand the FOMO situation is hard to deal with because of how and what was presented to us when it was, but I feel like the other two issues mentioned above could still be fairly addressed.

Not sure if you watched the devstream, Reb briefly touched on the heirloom topic after numerous comments came up I don’t think she could ignore them, she said they learned from the feedback and will do better next time basically (don’t quote me word for word) so what i get from that is suck it up these packs are not going to change she has made her choice, and that means the feedback was sidelined and vastly ignored.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Not sure if you watched the devstream, Reb briefly touched on the heirloom topic after numerous comments came up I don’t think she could ignore them, she said they learned from the feedback and will do better next time basically (don’t quote me word for word) so what i get from that is suck it up these packs are not going to change she has made her choice, and that means the feedback was sidelined and vastly ignored.

That's what I was referring to. 

• Like 5

From https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-173-overview;

Speaking from the heart, we wish we handled the situation better - we missed the mark. However, if we continue with the Heirloom feedback next year, we’ll make radical changes based on Community feedback and reflect on the situation as a whole for future iterations!

You better make Mag/Frost Heirloom 2.0 next year then. This "we'll do better next time" when they can take action now is pissing me off.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bedainey said:

From https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-173-overview;

You better make Mag/Frost Heirloom 2.0 next year then. This "we'll do better next time" when they can take action now is pissing me off.

It reminds me of that "we're sorry" South Park gif. We're sorry now but we won't do anything about this one. Maybe next year, so we're sorry.

• Like 9

On 2023-09-29 at 5:09 AM, bedainey said:

Speaking from the heart, we wish we handled the situation better - we missed the mark. However, if we continue with the Heirloom feedback next year, we’ll make radical changes based on Community feedback and reflect on the situation as a whole for future iterations!

You wish you handled it better then why didn't you you could have easily made an adorable option for everyone with only the cosmetics and skins without the filler but you were only thinking about your wallets at the time so you forgot about your fans and whent forward with the plan to bleed them dry 

You missed the mark by 1000 yards 

If this is how its going to go forget it we don't trust you to do right by us any more 

You most likely won't do anything you sead hear how many times have we heard your nonsense about well do better next time and you literally do the same things 

We draw the line hear no more we shouldn't half to be treated like crap by developers who think we're morons, who treat there loyal fans like dirt and forget about them and treat there supporters who have been with you since the time you didn't even know if warframe would make it like there nothing but garbage to yo

(Not talking to the guy who quoted this just couldn't find the page this was on)

On 2023-09-29 at 2:07 AM, ConDucktorWhirl said:

I think the way they brought it up has me more pissed off than ever before. How the hell can they be THIS clueless and dumb????

I think they think we're clueless and dumb they literally glossed over everything and then Steve was like jingling somthing over hear like we were babys and that him stating somthing difrent would get us to forget about how they handled everythin

On 2023-09-29 at 2:19 AM, Stafelund said:

Oh, and they also censor comments in YT. Not sure if it's just me, but your posted comments won't appear and can get deleted. Screw that.

They censored people on the stream as well for asking about the pack, asking for a cheaper pack or saying to fix the pack they deleted the comments 

Clarification
  • Like 8

On 2023-09-29 at 7:28 AM, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

You wish you handled it better then why didn't you you could have easily made an adorable option for everyone with only the cosmetics and skins without the filler but you were only thinking about your wallets at the time so you forgot about your fans and whent forward with the plan to bleed them dry 

You missed the mark by 1000 yards 

If this is how its going to go forget it we don't trust you to do right by us any more 

You most likely won't do anything you sead hear how many times have we heard your nonsense about well do better next time and you literally do the same things 

We draw the line hear no more we shouldn't half to be treated like crap by developers who think we're morons, who treat there loyal fans like dirt and forget about them and treat there supporters who have been with you since the time you didn't even know if warframe would make it like there nothing but garbage to you

(Not talking to the guy who quoted this just couldn't find the page this was on)

The line must be drawn here, this far no further.  Its from Star Trek First Contact.

Spoiler

Wish I could sell my account back to DE.  Im quite done with warframe after this.

• Like 2

On 2023-09-29 at 8:48 AM, Anmorata_Armitage said:

The line must be drawn here, this far no further.  Its from Star Trek First Contact.

Spoiler

I will not sacrifice the integrity of warframe We have made to many compromises alredy to many retreats they Gough us with predatory prices we fall back, they disrespect there fans we fall back NOT AGAIN  the line must be drawn hear THIS FAR and NO FURTHER. And we will make them pay for what they've done

2 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

They censored people on the stream as well for asking about the pack, asking for a cheaper pack or saying to fix the pack they deleted the comments 

I'm baffled, why the censorship though? It's not helping anyone's case. 

Though, the other updates/changes they brought in makes me a bit hopeful considering it's in response of players' feedbacks, even the ones that players have been complaining about years ago. Some of it missed the mark a little like the pet rework, but it's still an improvement and I heard it's just the part 1 of changes, so more things may be subject to change. Plus it hasn't been actually implemented yet though I err on the pessimistic side of it when I start to think about high level missions.

Still doesn't change that the is heirloom pack isn't great deal and price wise and there's fomo in it. I'm just hoping that on the next release of their products or rely on that practice a lot.

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

I think the way they brought it up has me more pissed off than ever before. How the hell can they be THIS clueless and dumb????

They aren't clueless, it's the fact Devstreams are all PR and marketing now. The only Devstream that gives off the genuine vibe they used to have is TennoLive.

Rebecca (and the rest of the community team) has done this many times before. They know how to "resolve" these things and make them sweep under the rug.

• Like 6

If this wasn't just your own greed driving your decision to not fix this, and Tencent is peaking over your shoulder preventing you from doing so. Prove you learned your lesson by never having timed exclusives again. Supporter packs included.

That's the only way you're getting any support back from me at this point. No more timed exclusives at all, or I'm done.

If this wasn't a Tencent decision then you had every opportunity to fix what you did and just refused to. If that's the case I've lost all respect for your game, your company, and all of you that had any say in the matter. I'm giving you the, at this point extremely generous, benefit of the doubt that you guys may have had your hands tied.

If you care, but can't say anyhting to upset daddy tencent. Prove it with your actions, and be better even than you were before. No more of this, not even for the tiniest thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

If this wasn't just your own greed driving your decision to not fix this, and Tencent is peaking over your shoulder preventing you from doing so. Prove you learned your lesson by never having timed exclusives again. Supporter packs included.

Timed exclusives have been the norm for years now, maybe 10 years.

Every single tiny thing has or had some sort of cosmetic (glyph, sigil, emblem, armor,....) that can't be obtained anymore, it can range from tactical missions (aka the emblem that changes with every tactical mission), trophies for winning tennocon cosplay, all the way to entire update bundles (railjack, deimos)

Those things are never comming back, you can't replay old tactical alerts, you can't buy the Itzal armor, you can't win 2022 contests. You, me, we have missed dozens of tiny tidbits over the years.

• Like 1