Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suspended from Region Chat for Pancakes VS Waffles?

Atomic_Noodles

Initially it was about the word for an 'Eye Twitch' Disability. The mod removed the messages okay fine. So I shifted discussions to talking about Pancakes or Waffles as the topic and the mod kept removing those too saying its inappropriate for Warframe. So after some more messages asking about other Breakfast foods in a meal (Bacon) I got suspended from Region Chat (NA one). So is Pancakes and Waffles such a touchy subject its comparable to more heinous topics?

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken rules state that you cannot discuss anything outside of Warframe in region chat?

My advice is to disable region chat because you are pretty much playing with fire there. I went fool around in there when I started playing Warframe and said some dumb things and got banned from game for 2 weeks.

After my ban was over first thing I did was to disable region chat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

If I'm not mistaken rules state that you cannot discuss anything outside of Warframe in region chat?

Nope I'm pretty sure that's the rule for Q and A. A lot of the time region goes off the rails and nothing happens at all, but the mods might get mad if you keep spamming or talk about unfavorable topics. 

For example, talks about other games or shows and stuff like that are completely fine and nobody gets banned unless they're saying something inappropriate.

idk if its an actual person if its something as simple as 'Why is Volt Prime so expensive???' which got purged from the chat in 2-3s after posting. Normally such messages aren't chopped off from experience.

And if i remember that rule for WF related stuff is mainly more for Q&A chat if its not a question related to WF Help. Region Chat is allowed for all forms of talk as long as its not promoting something that violates the TOS like hate speech or harassment.

Unfortunately the mods are correct in this case, region chat isn't an open forum where you can talk about anything you want. From your post it seems the mod started just by deleting inappropriate messages as a warning but when you continued, then "it" decided to suspend you for awhile so it doesnt need to keep removing non warframe related chat messages in the region chat.

I suggest you look up a tailored food forum to argue the  pancakes vs waffles debate

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Unfortunately the mods are correct in this case, region chat isn't an open forum where you can talk about anything you want. From your post it seems the mod started just by deleting inappropriate messages as a warning but when you continued, then "it" decided to suspend you for awhile so it doesnt need to keep removing non warframe related chat messages in the region chat.

I suggest you look up a tailored food forum to argue the  pancakes vs waffles debate

What are you, Kahl-69420? Are we playing a game of Grineer Simulator? I don't recall game mods controlling our everyday conversations in literally any other game. Why the heck is a mod censoring a discussion of breakfast in a game? And people actually buy this? Wow. I'm surprised I've been criticizing the mods for years and they still haven't sent a Grineer hit squad after me.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 7

Just to weigh in here regarding this serious and vital subject. Pancakes (pannekaga as we call them here in skåne), the swedish kind that are similar to french crepes are the best, that or what we call "plättar" here, tiny tiny crepe-like pancakes. Chubby american pancakes or waffles of any type hold no candle to those types of pancakes. Preferably served with bacon or other salted. smoked and fried pork meat, and lingonberry, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry jam or potentially applesauce, maybe even a mix.

This has been up for 6 hours. This might be the record for longest time a post about chat moderation has stayed up. (FYI it is against Forum rules to discuss chat moderation).

Yeah you aren't the first to bring up stuff like this and moderators so I suggest if you want to talk about off-topic discussions I suggest the off-topic sub-forum here on the forums or just go to a chat inbox that is not as heavily moderated with less traffic such as lobby or squad chat.

• Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Hexerin:

Welcome to the difference between "progressive" and "oppressive".

Although this statement is quite ironic when OP was talking about 'Bacon' (which is just a euphemism for the dismembered bodypart of an innocent individual that was forced to grow up in literal hell).

'oppressive' in that case would be the trivialization of the most horrible industry that exists in modern society by referring to this bodypart as mere 'food' although I doubt this is the reason why the messages were removed. They just indeed have nothing to do with Warframe.

calling the removal of such messages 'oppressive' is a heavy stretch though. Messages like this have no place in region chat, I agree with that - If one wants to discuss private matters in a game then they can do so in private or clan chats but not region chat or any other public chat like Q&A. Region chat is for forming groups to play Warframe. Q&A is for asking questions in regards to Warframe. This is not Facebook.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

Initially it was about the word for an 'Eye Twitch' Disability. The mod removed the messages okay fine. So I shifted discussions to talking about Pancakes or Waffles as the topic and the mod kept removing those too saying its inappropriate for Warframe. So after some more messages asking about other Breakfast foods in a meal (Bacon) I got suspended from Region Chat (NA one). So is Pancakes and Waffles such a touchy subject its comparable to more heinous topics?

Moderation in Warframe is... something...

Could be the mods thought you were invoking "fear" or "panic" in other players with your topic, or the topic had the potential to invoke non-cordial behavior or some such... something.

Support may be able to help out with the ban if it is ongoing.

• Like 1

As a good rule of thumb for any forum (in-game or irl) when someone in a position of power is instructing you that your topic of conversation is inappropriate you should just switch to what is appropriate (in this case things about the game that don't belong in the other chats) or keep quiet. Choosing to continue to test the waters instead with different unrelated topics is asking for trouble at that point.

Also it's not even an issue anyone can really say is "correct" or not as it is to the discretion of whoever owns/manages the private forum to decide what's correct or not. DE, or the mods that they allow to manage region chat, could show up one day and decide that only conversation about breakfast cereal is allowed and they'd be within their rights to enforce exactly that.

• Like 2