Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question to the community: what was your primary reason for getting MR30+?

SDGDen

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

i could not care less about the couple people that genuinely feel like they cannot play the game at any level without optimal abuse of shieldgating

Ah, that's probably why you wrote this:

On 2023-10-07 at 2:35 AM, SDGDen said:

yes, i dislike shield-gating *that* much, seeing people put the game down for 3 hours because they can't shield-gate as efficiently anymore is incredibly funny to me. 

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

there is no reason why a 25% shield boost should prevent you from playing and if it does, that's on you, not on me. 

Classic griefer loophole right here: I've decided it's unreasonable for people to feel negatively about something, so when I purposefully manifest that something with the explicit goal of eliciting negative reactions that's not actually griefing!  I've decided that it's your fault if the thing I did explicitly to upset you upsets you.

Which is to say: you're a child dangling your hand in front of your sibling's face while taunting, "I'm not touching you."

Anyway, there's really nothing further to discuss, since your confession is on the front page and you've now made it clear that you're not keen to grow as a person.  But I do sincerely hope that life treats you with the opportunity and kindness necessary to someday grow past your desire to grief.  Wishing you the best.

• Like 2

It was because I was under the extremely misguided expectation of MR30 meaning anything at all considering it took DE 7 years to add enough content to make it possible, making it a milestone of devotion. Needless to say I was extremely wrong and I have since then lost the desire to collect anything or build new things when released because none of them matter or have any effect in my progression as a player.

14 hours ago, SDGDen said:

it's not hard to survive even in level 500+ steel path without needing to abuse shieldgating. 

Really?

We're supposed to believe you're speaking from experience and have ez mode lvl 500+ in SP w/o shield gating when you don't even have enough SP mastery to have cleared SP Earth and completed a junction?

• Like 1

I like trying new stuff. Warframe likes throwing stuff at players. Somewhere along the line, MR 30 happened, without me specifically working towards it.

I will note that the first Prime Resurgence was a big boost to my progress, but that was from chasing a bunch of shinies that hadn't been available to me previously and not because of any specific MR goal.

I do like the bonuses for being MR30+, though - they're nifty.

I'm bordering on 17 currently and aren't really that bothered about MR 30 or even 17 itself to be honest.

Tests are a PITA at times and 16 is where you have access to everything except blessing trolling (you know who you are, shield blessing trolls😉).

Sure I'll get there one day but not for several years.  Not buying junk to rack up points.

generally just my love for the game. I started in 2013/2014 on PC, then completely restarted on PS4 and playing ever since. and even after reaching MR30+, they've added useful stuff (primarily the whole forma-situation since it really is a god-given to just forma a weapon/frame and have the changes applied to the fullest instantly).

the Legendary Cores are also easy plat though, the riven slots are quite handy as well and just having the possibility to make 32,5k standing per day now feels great!

On 2023-10-07 at 2:39 AM, Leqesai said:

My goal was to learn as much about the game as possible; through using all frames, weapons etc.

The mastery rank just happened naturally during the learning+forma process.

Pretty much this. It's the same reason I have every job to 90 in FFXIV; I want to try everything so I can find the things I do want to play (and also to understand how it all works together).

I was chasing "I want to try this" and "I want to experiment with a build on this" and so on; LR2 just sort of happened as a side effect of that.

My original reason was that i planned to quit playing after hitting MR30 - that has obviously changed as i now use Warframe as my sling-back game. 

Warframe is that game i go back to when i have nothing else to play, or when im not feeling up to continuing work on a more difficult/time consuming game that i am currently engaged with.