The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PlagueStar

I read the wiki after seeing it will return. Ive never played it. The forma rewards are going to be important to me. I got the infested stuff from the bio lab and am building / accumulating those now...

However, for Eidolon Phylaxis, i visited Nakak and these are not for sale unlike on the video I saw. Is there a way to get these ahead of the event? 

So do you need only one? 

I also saw, iirc, you needed to reach standing to even get one to do the event. Seems like a catch22. How do you reach standing before the event to get an item when you can't do the event to acquire standing?

Never done this event so sorry for the noob questions. Im just starved for forma so id like to maximize the event return for me.

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

It's been so long I don't remember what I did the first time and had to look at the wiki, but the Phylaxes  are optional.  And if you're in squad, other people can use theirs to reach the max.   Getting the initial rank and  standing for the BP is very fast. It might only take 1 run.  And the foundry time is 1 minute for 5.

But they said they're restructuring the event in some ways, and it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of those ways.  (The accessibility of built forma is another one that wouldn't surprise me.)  Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it before they announce a date and how it will work this time.

Edit: oops

Edited by Tiltskillet

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I read the wiki after seeing it will return. Ive never played it. The forma rewards are going to be important to me. I got the infested stuff from the bio lab and am building / accumulating those now...

However, for Eidolon Phylaxis, i visited Nakak and these are not for sale unlike on the video I saw. Is there a way to get these ahead of the event? 

IIRC you buy the blueprints for those from Nakak during the event, with your event reputation, then build them in your foundry. during the mission, you'll steal some toxic stuff from the Grineer, slap it into an armored vault and then add your phylaxis and the Infested Catalysts, based on how many Hemocytes you want to fight, then it's onto the actual battle. 

that said, it might be changed this time around, it's not known whether or not they've made any changes to the event. 

DE knows players are looking forward to the pre build forma event. It wouldn't surprise me if DE changed it to Forma blueprints only. Or the very least have a weekly limit like so many other things. I'm just hoping DE release this event during their Holiday vacation. That way we have something to do while DE goes away from the office while the skeleton crew doesn't have much issue to patch out.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-07 at 9:11 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

So do you need only one? 

I also saw, iirc, you needed to reach standing to even get one to do the event. Seems like a catch22. How do you reach standing before the event to get an item when you can't do the event to acquire standing?

Never done this event so sorry for the noob questions. Im just starved for forma so id like to maximize the event return for me.

You get 1,000 standing for completing the bounty, 250 standing for each item that gets added (optional, 4 each for 2,000 max standing) and then apparently another 50 for doing the bonus in the third stage

Edited by Pakaku

On 2023-10-07 at 2:32 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

All righty then. I'm going to just wait for the event I suppose there's nothing else I can do.

At least i e already built about 100 infested catalyst so far.

Those are rookie numbers.

Be prepared to use 4 each mission just in case, because its inevitable you will meet someone who will just not use it. And if you want maximum points to get the only reward of the Forma Star more efficiently.

On 2023-10-07 at 10:56 AM, 16Bitman said:

No.

No isn't the most helpful response in regards to the players' question. There are some stuff that requires the event being live, but there is some preparation and familiarization that can be done. You can prepare for the event in the form of builds and mechanical knowledge. We do know DE is making changes to the event, but there's a good chance most of the builds are going to remain the same.

If you don't mind diving into a guide @(XBOX)Player244024418, this is worth checking out to get a general grasp of mechanics and build expectations from previous events:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTagAJuk2DKbAoD_G4-cw73ekNZE7lAa-rh1wDPNIzI/

As a disclaimer, lots of this guide is outdated and will have to be updated based on event changes, the introduction of Archon Shards among other gear, and general optimizations.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

DE knows players are looking forward to the pre build forma event. It wouldn't surprise me if DE changed it to Forma blueprints only. Or the very least have a weekly limit like so many other things. I'm just hoping DE release this event during their Holiday vacation. That way we have something to do while DE goes away from the office while the skeleton crew doesn't have much issue to patch out.

Why would you want this to be released in December? You're already going to be busy enough.

21 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Whispers is likely December. I don't see Plague Star coming along side it.

They could use it in November in between updates which is what I think is more likely.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

If you don't mind diving into a guide

Good read. I don't have Nova unfortunately but i do have wisp and mirage. Energized munitions? How about a kitgun with pax charge instead? Im wondering also about these weapons. They are not weapons ive concentrated on, only MR fodder. Would some newer weapons be better such as zarimans or ....? Ill watch a few YTs on this. The video links in the doc don't work for me. FYI

is volt a good option for the speed? I have three crimson shards on mine to clear the map. Looking forward to learning this new event.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Good read. I don't have Nova unfortunately but i do have wisp and mirage. Energized munitions? How about a kitgun with pax charge instead? Im wondering also about these weapons. They are not weapons ive concentrated on, only MR fodder. Would some newer weapons be better such as zarimans or ....? Ill watch a few YTs on this. The video links in the doc don't work for me. FYI

is volt a good option for the speed? I have three crimson shards on mine to clear the map. Looking forward to learning this new event.

The video links are within the images, and if those don't work, try the hyperlinks right above them. They just worked for me :).

What you value with the Hemocyte is pellet count/multishot and fire-rate. This happens because the Hemocyte functions quite similar to Lephantis. It's perfect for Pyrana Prime given it's a shotgun, has good stats, has a good fire-rate, has its passive, and can benefit from Combo Fury and Mark of the Beast. Energized Munitions is to remove any possibility of downtime from reloading while killing all 3 Hemocyte heads in succession. The mission itself isn't too hard, but there are many nuances and optimizations to make yourself familiar with. Most of these techniques are also balanced around a full squad. Most of the setups stay around the same for less players and solo though.

Volt isn't a terrible choice, but his skills don't really offer a whole lot in the scope of the mission.

We'll have to wait and see how exactly DE changed the event, and maybe some new weapons take the spotlight away from Pyrana Prime. However, this is a tried and true weapon for years and why it's still in the doc despite Pyrana Prime being quite old at this point (not my run, but the number 1 spot on speedrun.com):

Edited by Voltage

On 2023-10-10 at 12:54 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

They can't be harder than archons or SP lephantis can they?

They are like Lephantis after you fall through the floor pretty much. 

Loki + Vestilok with Shattering Impact + Corrosive Pyrana Prime was/is a very simple go to setup in order to speed things up and make sure the drone phase wont get stuck. But with the introduction of Zariman and all incarnon weapons there is likely something better now. I will likely replace my Pyrana for a low crit Felarx corrosive build since the gun already rips through the far more durable Archons. Though since DE are reworking damage attenuation they might also do so for Lephantis and his mini-me version in Plague Star. It might be possible that the primary fire of Torid Incarnon can also abuse the mini-Lephantis like it does with Acolytes.

And if you dont like Loki or Nova for the drone phase you can always use the archwing that has the knockback rocket, which also works to knock the drone for faster phase completion. Though it requires a bit more work since you need the rocket to land correctly so the drone doesnt just fly up in the air and float back to it's previously grounded location.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I tried all morning in trade chat to buy pyrana prime main BP but no one even responded. 

Yeah I will either use my archon kuva Hek or my felarx since i already have them basically maxxed out. I anticipate with all the new weapons released plus incarnon adapters some other options are available. Were there even rivens the last plague star event?

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I tried all morning in trade chat to buy pyrana prime main BP but no one even responded. 

Yeah I will either use my archon kuva Hek or my felarx since i already have them basically maxxed out. I anticipate with all the new weapons released plus incarnon adapters some other options are available. Were there even rivens the last plague star event?

I'll use either Felarx, Torid, Burston, Soma or Phenmor as primary then Furis, Dual Toxocyst or Laetum as secondary. Burston Incarnon will likely end up being one of the best unless they change the damage attenuation since full auto and beam weapons were already good, just not as good as pellet weapons. And with the massive magazine of Burston Incarnon and the crazy stats and fire rate it should make very short work of mini-Leph.

Small disclaimer, and this isn't intended to damper your hype (or anyone elses), but... I sometimes think, some players don't realise how tedious and boring Plague Star can be for some others, who don't enjoy it. Like some speculate that DE might make it hard to get the Forma, but eh. If you happen to enjoy Plague Star, then its definitely good for acquiring Forma, if you want to grind it, but if you find it laborious... totally possible you might be burned out on it by the time you have gotten the other exclusive rewards (assuming you prioritise them over Forma). Even though DE does care a lot about Forma, I think they can also see how much people play such events, they have held it six times already. I imagine its only really a small minority of people that play it so intensely that they walk away with 12+ built Forma (though some official stats from DE could be interesting). 

Having a good team can make it a bit easier though, like having a Nova, or Loki, Titania is also pretty good if you don't have certain meta weapons (like Pyrana Prime. First time we have had Plague Star since Incarnon weapons too, so may be some new meta contenders. 

Will be interesting to see what changes they might make though. 

For first timers though, hope you enjoy the event! 

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Small disclaimer, and this isn't intended to damper your hype (or anyone elses), but... I sometimes think, some players don't realise how tedious and boring Plague Star can be for some others, who don't enjoy it. Like some speculate that DE might make it hard to get the Forma, but eh. If you happen to enjoy Plague Star, then its definitely good for acquiring Forma, if you want to grind it, but if you find it laborious... totally possible you might be burned out on it by the time you have gotten the other exclusive rewards (assuming you prioritise them over Forma). Even though DE does care a lot about Forma, I think they can also see how much people play such events, they have held it six times already. I imagine its only really a small minority of people that play it so intensely that they walk away with 12+ built Forma (though some official stats from DE could be interesting). 

Having a good team can make it a bit easier though, like having a Nova, or Loki, Titania is also pretty good if you don't have certain meta weapons (like Pyrana Prime. First time we have had Plague Star since Incarnon weapons too, so may be some new meta contenders. 

Will be interesting to see what changes they might make though. 

For first timers though, hope you enjoy the event! 

Personally I dont think DE will change the forma potential from Plague Star since the event comes around so rarely. And do you mean 12+ forma for the whole even or per day? I can only speak from my own experience and the previous 4 Plague Stars where I walked away with 100+ glistening magnificent pre-built formas. I set the goal of doing 10 runs per day, so spent roughly 2 hours daily on the event by doing runs in about 12 minutes, unless certain things bugged and slowed down the clear speed. So 10 forma per day. During the latest one however that was 3+ weeks long I did less runs per day as the event went on, but I farmed atleast 150 if not close to 200 forma during that one.