Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus shops

Sojufueled

4 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Does interior decoration do anything for you? I mostly ignore decorations.

Not really but there are those who praise it and im sure there would be many who would want more than just a brooch and Emblem to represent their Focus schools of Preference.

But, quoting something from your original post:

52 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Specters maybe?

What kind of Specters then? Given you can farm 350K+ Focus per day,how much would they cost?

3 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Maybe an ephemera that would act like Baro’s ephemera, just particles with the focus school symbol floating 

Or with more complex animations that matched each Focus school, given each technically represents an element, Vazarin the one i main for example is Water and is represented by a Wave.

Or we could get Ephemeras that cast that same effect our Operators/Drifters leave on the floor when you enter them, this effect would show up when you idle in place and leave a trail when moving.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Malikili said:

We could get things like a focus school glyph, sigil, etc. 

Though I wouldn’t mind decorations

Maybe an ephemera that would act like Baro’s ephemera, just particles with the focus school symbol floating 

That gets us back to square one. You spend a little to buy the thing, then you still have a worthless currency. It needs to be evergreen. A lot of content in this game is sorely missing valuable evergreen rewards actually, so you get what you need from it and never do it again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

That gets us back to square one. You spend a little to buy the thing, then you still have a worthless currency. It needs to be evergreen. A lot of content in this game is sorely missing valuable evergreen rewards actually, so you get what you need from it and never do it again.

That is true, if we’re talking about the long term…

What about focus lens? Just Focus Lens blueprints ranging from normal-Lua

They could be expensive (price of normal can be cheaper than lua and whatnot), much like what we have now, but that’s not a problem considering how easy it is to get focus

Plus focus lens=more focus and the fact that the BLUEPRINTS can be used with any lens, you could use one focus school to get lens for another. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malikili said:

That is true, if we’re talking about the long term…

What about focus lens? Just Focus Lens blueprints ranging from normal-Lua

They could be expensive (price of normal can be cheaper than lua and whatnot), much like what we have now, but that’s not a problem considering how easy it is to get focus

Plus focus lens=more focus and the fact that the BLUEPRINTS can be used with any lens, you could use one focus school to get lens for another. 

Farm focus to farm more focus? This also doesn't really help focus being worthless. More of it has no value at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Sojufueled said:

Farm focus to farm more focus? This also doesn't really help focus being worthless. More of it has no value at all.

Really just adds variety, I would gladly take focus lens blueprints that are guaranteed over farming lua disruption/bounties for a chance of one. 

1 minute ago, Malikili said:

Really just adds variety, I would gladly take focus lens blueprints that are guaranteed over farming lua disruption/bounties for a chance of one. 

To sell perhaps. But is there any reason you want one? You probably have focus spilling out of your ears already, right?

Just now, Sojufueled said:

To sell perhaps. But is there any reason you want one? You probably have focus spilling out of your ears already, right?

That is true… practically spilling focus with Zenurik and Vazarin. Though it can help with other focus schools.

Could have a decent chunk of focus for aya, weekly Kuva, credits/relic packs

• Like 3

Yeah, some sort of resource (Kuva, Endo, relics or credits sound good to me) would be very nice.

Especially considering that DE plans to increase the amount of focus we get, in order to speed up the grind for newer players. I applaud this idea, and it makes this the perfect time to add something to the Focus store.

I already maxed out all my focus schools long before the proposed rework was announced. Plus I've already bought all the currently available items in each of the shops. So I'm essentially sitting on millions of focus with nothing to spend it on. The changes are great for newer players but add literally nothing for those who have already finished the grind. 

I'm in the camp of wanting more decorations/cosmetics. More themed ceremonial items beyond the posters and maybe things like school themed Ephemeras or even suits/armor sets.

Having some sink for Focus beyond that would eventually be nice for those who are done with the one-time/limited use purchases. But imo that seems like less of a priority than having more "special" items as a clearer mark of having finished a school's grind.

Also there really needs to be some extra reward for finishing every tree. Can even double down on the grind by making it an extra shop where the items require focus from every tree to purchase.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

They could add standards, banners and other Orbiter decorations to represent each Focus school.

this would be cool

they could also make ephemeras related to the schools they're tied to. essentially bringing back the original purpose of ephemeras

but it has to look cool. the voidshell textures are kinda lame and remind me of pajamas whenever I apply them on a voidshell skin. hopefully if they do make them it is at least somewhat cool

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind ... something ,

Random resources like acrithis has wouldn't be bad (kuva , mats ,other rare drops) in limited quantities for limited rimes. , but if you are at that stage it probably doesn't matter anyway ,

1 Forma per week could be fair , 

Maybe some temporary buffs like the relay fonts , 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I wouldnt mind if we could use focus to buy different types of resources. Would make it easier to experiement more with helminth or more specifically with frames/shards.

I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice if it offered limited stock (rotating daily/weekly) of the more painful resources, to offset those grinds. Cryotic comes to mind.

• Like 2