Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE! STOP adding #XXX on everything!!!

pinkxblack

not only my name but also my clan now, come on seriously... thats too #*!%ING annoying dont you people understand? 

and you dont even have the courtesy to hide that S#&$, nobody has to see that useless numbers in public ok!

so just ERASE (or HIDE) it whatever!!!

Edited by pinkxblack
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, pinkxblack said:

not only my name but also my clan now, come on seriously... thats too #*!%ING annoying dont you people understand? 

and you dont even have the courtesy to hide that S#&$, nobody has to see that useless numbers in public ok!

Hiding it would be beneficial 

The numbers are to identify the specific player though, the last thing I want is to send a friend request to “Bob” when it was the wrong “Bob.” They serve a purpose

The fact that it’s on clan makes me wonder if it’s for the same purpose 

• Like 6

14分钟前 , Malikili 说:

Hiding it would be beneficial 

The numbers are to identify the specific player though, the last thing I want is to send a friend request to “Bob” when it was the wrong “Bob.” They serve a purpose

The fact that it’s on clan makes me wonder if it’s for the same purpose 

they shouldnt let this thing happen at the first place... so now we have to call someone name#xxx?

theres got to be a better way to do it, make a select list or something... not this!

Edited by pinkxblack

Just now, pinkxblack said:

they shouldnt let this thing happen at the first place... so now we have to call someone name#xxx?

theres got to be a better way to do it, make a select list or something... not this!

Well, only if you have double Bobs in your party

If you do the /w it doesn’t need the #blah

I agree though, the numbers are ugly, a hide option would be a wonderful compromise 

• Like 2

4分钟前 , Malikili 说:

Well, only if you have double Bobs in your party

If you do the /w it doesn’t need the #blah

I agree though, the numbers are ugly, a hide option would be a wonderful compromise 

totally! there is no purpose to all players anyway, hide it from us at least! >_<

Edited by pinkxblack
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pinkxblack said:

and you dont even have the courtesy to hide that S#&amp;&#036;, nobody has to see that useless numbers in public ok!

See it as a daily reminder that you are just a number. Admirable transparency from DE 🙂

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, pinkxblack said:

User pinkxblack#642, if you wish to report a problem with your account number, please contact support line #856309 and send a #00421 support ticket. we will get back to you within 14 working days, if we can be bothered - DEBot #094632, probably. 

is there a way to see what number you are on here? I'm curious.

• Like 3

4分钟前 , (PSN)robotwars7 说:

User pinkxblack#642, if you wish to report a problem with your account number, please contact support line #856309 and send a #00421 support ticket. we will get back to you within 14 working days, if we can be bothered - DEBot #094632, probably. 

is there a way to see what number you are on here? I'm curious.

...whats the actual #*!%! no bother DE ill quit the game thanks. lol!

I'm confused - why is this an issue exactly? They have to add discriminator numbers to users to avoid collisions with cross-play and cross-save; other platforms like Discord (edited since they did move to pomelo this year, though people complained about that), Blizzard, and many others have done this for years. Obfuscating additional user or clan info is confusing when there could be multiple, and the info is useful for the user to know when doing trades (i.e. cross-platform trading soon) or inviting specific users to a clan (or a specific clan). You could argue "only show it during pop-ups" but like... if it's not displayed anywhere else, how do you genuinely know which one is correct? Having it visible in multiple spaces makes it familiar and straightforward. You're free to not like the small amount of visual clutter it might add to usernames, but it serves a distinct purpose otherwise it would not have been done at all. I'd prefer this to UIDs or friend codes that are much longer.

Edited by Naroxas44
certified discord momen
  • Like 13

41 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

"This name is already taken, please choose something else" "Okay, guess I'll be xXx_Mega_Sepiroth12_xXx then." "This name is already taken, please choose something else"

Except one of them is in PS5 & one in XBOX will complain that they claim it first and won't add any special character because one had long hair and the other had white hair like Sephiroth. Plus three of you had "MEGA" size body. Somehow all of them had size 12 shoes. And a fan of Vin Diesel (?)

Edited by BroDutt